Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I am not in 50's yet but would like to slow down the aging process by using CP's. Can some of you ladies clarify this for me. I thought you could not use Vitamin C serum along with CP's yet you are supposed to take 1000mcg of vitamin C internally. Is that correct?
SunRose
5% products discount

Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Hello again...
Here's my update:

I spoke w/ Lina and ordered the CP serum, her micro cloth, and the daily exfoliant cream.
I have also ordered some good Vit C, as well as both topical and powdered MSM and an organic, synthetic HGH from clearwaterherbs (I do highly recommend them, and great customer service. My HGH, MSM and Vit C are all from them.)

I will try for the LPD machine in a few months.

Am I leaving anything out?

smiles..
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Starlight,

You can use both CP serum and Vitamin C serum, just not at the same time. You should wait at least 8 hours between. Some say to wait 12 hours. Usually Vit. C in the AM, and CP serum in the PM. If you don't want to use Vit. C serum, you could take 1000 mg Vit C internally.
The reason that you can't use these serums together, is that the Vit. C serum will lose it's effectiveness if CP serum is applied at the same time. Hope that makes sense.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Debster1000 wrote:
Starlight,

You can use both CP serum and Vitamin C serum, just not at the same time. You should wait at least 8 hours between. Some say to wait 12 hours. Usually Vit. C in the AM, and CP serum in the PM. If you don't want to use Vit. C serum, you could take 1000 mg Vit C internally.
The reason that you can't use these serums together, is that the Vit. C serum will lose it's effectiveness if CP serum is applied at the same time. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks Debster! Can you also tell me if it is o.k. to use the Vitamin C serum topically if you are taking 500 to 1000mcg internally. Will that be too much of a good thing?
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Starlight,

Yes, I do both. Vit. C serum in the AM and I also take 1000 mg internally.
I think a lot of ladies do this also, maybe they will confirm this for me.
Anyways, this works great for me.
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
kd,

I'm looking forward to hearing your experience with the DPL. Enjoy Razz

Very Happy Here's the first of the results using the DPL -
Initially had a touch of hyperpigmentation show up on my face. Emailed Nanci and, as always, she was immediate in her response letting me know that this happens sometimes,but goes away ...
and she was right! Very Happy
Yesterday I noticed that the lines on my nose (too much SoCal sun) are softening a bit and my face is looking a little tighter AND the hyperpigmentation that I've struggled with for years that is on my neck is fading. The neck issue is the biggest change and is so exciting!
Nanci sent samples of her 15% Exfol Gel and P & R Retinol, both of which I am using instead of Retin - A. I'm using the samples with the CP serum and the CPA, HA and Squalane and Botox Alternative SPF.
So far -- great! great! great! If this keeps I may be able to go without Botox shots which would be the best news ever!!! Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I caught a wild hair and made a new pseudo blog about our skin care. Pseudo because I have to see how it looks before I try putting it into MT.

I invite you take a look. http://creamycomplexion.com

I'm not selling anything, advertising anything - just being chatty where nobody knows me because I claim all these improvements are just good genes.
charlibets
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
libertybelle wrote:
Thanks lunar Smile I guessed they may be busy.

May I ask how people use Retin A alongside CP?
I am using retin A 0.01 and its ok as long as I wait 30 mins after washing before using it, I'm using it every night each 2 days and only a pea sized amount. I have ordered the CP from skin bio and wondered if anyone can give me some tips on how often it should be used in conjunction with the retin A.

I'd be greatful, thanks Libby

I alternate nights. I've always heard that Retin A should be used alone. Then on the other nights I used CP serum and my night cream with actives.

Betsy
pinky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'm too bushed to search for previous answers on this, but need to ask: does anyone know of, or have experience with, products or treatments that will tighten sagging body skin?

Upper arms, back of thighs and butt are problem areas for me, though admittedly not HUGE problems. They're not dimply, exactly, but the fact that the skin has sagged somewhat makes it look like horizontal cellulite, if you understand what I mean. My inner thighs are starting to get those old-lady diagonal "swag" lines, too.

I've cut way back on working out over the past 10 months, so that may be part of the problem. If underlying muscle tissue is larger, skin might appear tighter.

In any event, until I stop making excuses and start going to the gym regularly again, does anyone know of anything that really works? (Besides a body lift, that is.) TIA for your input.
DustysMomm

Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I've spent quite a bit of time reading this thread & some others. Just a great site with a lot of nice & helpful people.

A little suggestion? Every once in a while clue in those of us who don't have the lingo down pat. It took me 15 minutes to find out what CPs are! And then there was the search for whatever ACV was.

I think the 55 and over is a great title. 50? I'd LOVE to look like that! I can no longer relate to a post about "beginning crowsfeet" <G-r-r> Skin and hair problems are definately different as you approach 60 and beyond. Wrinkles (sigh) are a given. Age spots, skin tags, keratoses are as common as freckles. First it was the grey hair, now it's the darn white hair mixed with grey for a whole new surprise when you color your hair. Shock

The posts on maintaining and preventing further damage are so thoughtful and detailed. I can't begin to think about affording that Baby Laser or Quaser or whatever it's called, but I so appreciate those of you who give a price range of what you've tried and, even better, what's worked for you and where to get it. Thanks for several entertaining and informative hours!

Age 62. Sometimes a redhead, lately a blonde. Fair complexion. Good skin, low average wrinkles & no product allergies. "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" -WILL ROGERS
youngrace
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
what a sweet post! sorry it took so long to find the various acronyms...i think there's actually a thread that deals with this very issue. hopefully that helps with any future confusion. welcome!!

here it is: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3228

it's also a sticky in the skin care and makeup forum.
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Well it took me two days but I finally read this entire post!!! I am almost 47, not over 50, but close.

I am overwhelmed, to say the very least, by all the products, knowledge and advice!! Whoa... it boggles the mind. I made some notes, read them, re read them and set them aside! Laughing

I have fair skin that is actually darker than it looks (try matching up some foundation on me...MAC gave up!). I am a natural redhead, green eyes. I have normal skin with some dry areas and the t zone that, occasionally, has oil. My routine has been very simple

Cleansing Oil
Squalane
Eye Gel
Moisturizer

That is it. I exfoliate once a week with a scrub - ok but I do not plan on purchasing again.

I love my cleansing oil (DHC Whipped)
and Squalane (Ocean Actives) the rest is just ok -- in fact, I keep trying different things.

So it seems I should be doing copper peptides and taking Vitamin C every day. I think Vc is in my multi but maybe not at the proper dose.

I still want to keep it simple, a good treatment (maybe a CP) and a good moisturizer that will not leave me feeling like an oil pit. I use MMU but have not used sunscreen, except when I am going to be outdoors. Maybe that is a no no.

I just do not want to spend $$$$$ on 10 products a day... KWIM? Anyone else into simplicity?

Any ideas? Recommendations? Suggestions?

I love this forum, so many neat ideas and opinions.

Deb
youngrace
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
hi deb! here's a thread that suggests several good things to try (without going overboard): http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24799
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all. I have guts to spare. I took closeups of my face with pearl powder in my mmu and posted them on my blog this morning. (I've been claiming I don't have wrinkles - well, according to those photos, somebody does!)

I was horrified to see how fuzzy my nose was. Luckily I read hear about the women who have their faces. I decided to try it - shaved my nose. WHAT A DIFFERENCE a little cleaning up can make, even for an otherwise horrible nose.

Wanna see?

http://creamycomplexion.com
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
LOL Laughing Laughing Laughing China this is a good one! Reminds me of those closeup shots of animals' (sorry) noses!! You are such a hoot! Thanks for making my day! And who knew we had to shave our noses now???
fawnie

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
that is so funny. Laughing
I am so glad you have such a fun sense of humor.
I have been working on getting rid of my old acne scars for about a year.Thanks to reading this forum I am going to step it up.
I am using the old CPs,VitC,AHA,Green Cream,Rose Hip Oil,Emu OIl,once a week 30&glycolic.
I vary my routine.Where is a magic wand?
Linda
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="fawnie"]You are such a hoot!

Or a "snoot"
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="skin care addict"]
I am using the old CPs,VitC,AHA,Green Cream,Rose Hip Oil,Emu OIl,once a week 30&glycolic.
I vary my routine.Where is a magic wand?
Linda[/quote]

I'm using CP starter serum from NCN at night, sometimes soy lift instead. I have been using TCA latte alternately with AHA/BHA serum and like the little glow I get. I don't remember that my skin had so many wrinkles before I started using those things on my face.

Now that I've seen what I've seen, I want to get the regular TCA peel and use it at least on my nose and T-zone. I'm going to shave those areas, too.

The magic wand is the fractional laser.
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
It's been 3 months since my first message to this thread. I've read and read and read threads about CPs and VitC etc.

I've been testing a sample pack I receive from SkinBio about 2 weeks ago. After all the hype about CPs and 'uglies', I really don't know what to think. I haven't seen any 'miraculous' changes, although I believe I have had more breakouts (possibly from the Exfol cream, which I have read could cause breakouts because it has more ingredients in it) and more milia on my face, probably because of the Exfol. I don't consider the breakouts the 'uglies', as I perceive those to be something totally different.

I'm going to stick with this program, because it has totally decreased the dryness in my face skin (or at least until the samples run out and then I have to decide what to do!)

Of course, I am not expecting instant success (well, maybe just a little!), and hope that this course will prove successful, as all the testing of products is so tiresome.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I've been testing a sample pack I receive from SkinBio about 2 weeks ago. After all the hype about CPs and 'uglies', I really don't know what to think. I haven't seen any 'miraculous' changes,

Smoky1,

After two weeks use of Copper Peptides don't get discouraged. There is no way you will see results that quick. I don't recall exactly when I started using CP's but it has been several months. I am seeing changes in my skin but very slowly. My skin seems somewhat thicker. My eye area is a bit firmer. Must say I am loving what it is doing for my declotee and hands. Perhaps the declotee area is showing more improvement as it was neglected Embarassed . For some time I have been taking very good care of my neck and face but avoided the declotee.

If you stick with Copper Peptides I am quite confident you will see improvement. IMO CP's are a powerful active. I have used Vit. C during the day for years. CP's have become just as important as my C serum. Hang in there. Wink

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Raquel Welch - born 1940 - was on Rachael Ray and stated that her beauty secrets are available to every woman but wouldn't reveal much. Any ideas?
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:18 am      Reply with quote
I've seen Raquel Welch on TV also, and if she was born in 1940 and looks like that, I think her beauty "secret" is probably thousands of dollars worth of cosmetic surgery Laughing
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Debster1000 wrote:
I've seen Raquel Welch on TV also, and if she was born in 1940 and looks like that, I think her beauty "secret" is probably thousands of dollars worth of cosmetic surgery Laughing

I totally agree. With her fame and money she had access to the best Cosmetic Surgeons, Estheticians and products in the world.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
janjan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I agree with the "secret" being plastic surgery! I remember reading an interview with her in some magazine around the end of last year and she wouldn't talk about her skin care then, either.
Many years ago she created a skin care line but think it didn't do very well. So I'm thinking her skin care line isn't her secret or it would have been a best seller.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I agree also that her money buys her the best of everything, including vitamin therapy, physical trainers, but now that she is the face of MAC cosmetics/skin care - I thought both Welch and MAC cosmetics appeared to be oxymorons by having "secrets". I admit to walking past a MAC counter this week and refusing to buy - and I love MAC lipsticks so much - but MAC lipsticks can't be the answer for women over 55 or Welch would have admitted MAC skin care/makeup was her secret! Welch does have a right to her privacy and I do admire her honesty about not making false claims about MAC but by refusing to share to women of her age group, in my opinion Welch showed her disdainment for all women in her age bracket.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |