Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone! I can't believe I stumbled onto such a wonderful informative board for us "young at heart" to share our trials and errors. I was up all night reading, so thanks a bunch for the extra wrinkles I found today...lol. I'm 55, and like many of you, have found myself on the dreaded downhill slide since menopause 5 years ago. I always looked 20 years younger than I was, but in the past 5 years the changes are no longer subtle. It's hell when it takes twice as long to look half as good. It seems now, that every new day brings a new wrinkle and sag that I didn't see the day before. When I look in the mirror, my Mother is looking back at me these days..

I decided a couple of months ago, to arm myself for battle. I am definitely seeing positive results, and feel compelled to share with all of you what my experiences have been so far good and bad. And I thank all of you for sharing as well. I almost feel as though I know you, just from the wonderful posts you write. Please bare with a newbie, I'll do my best!

The problems: 1. jowls starting 2. disappearing cheeks 3. naso (whatever that line is outside mouth) 4. laugh lines (getting deeper by the minute) around and under eyes 5. bags under my eyes 6. enlarged pores. I'm just experiencing the early stages of all of this. My skin has always been normal + clear with only the occasional breakout.

In my quest to recapture the fountain of youth, and hold off the visit to the Plastic Surgeon, I've spent a small fortune on one useless cream and appliance after the next. I've thrown every crappy drugstore cream in the garbage, along with the "Suzanne Somers Face Master".

What works for me now after much trial and error is the following: I found a website (cellbone)just add the .com, which sells everything I need to make my own very high quality face creams + serums. They also have wonderful creams already put together. I opted for the vials of individual ingredients, so I have complete control of the percentages that go in my final product. Just because a cream states it has a certain ingredient, it won't always be enough to do any good. Making my own guarantees me that the quantity will be just right. (The website even tells you the percentage to mix, which was a huge help.) I spent $180.oo and have the following individual vials, with enough to make more than a years supply of creams and serums. They also sent me two great full size freebies; Glycolic C super serum and Super AOX (an antioxidant moisturizer that is a great base cream for adding the other ingredients I bought to). One word of advice here. The vials (approx 25cc's) are exactly like the ones you would see at your Dr's office for injectibles. I happen to be a nurse, so I do have syringes at my disposal for removing the exact quantities I needed. They do send a syringe with the order, but I couldn't figure out how the heck it worked. Just keep this in mind if you order anything, check with customer service for instruction.

What I bought + use: Collagen Mask Matrix 3000, Argireline, Hyaluronic Acid, Idebenone + Dimethyl Isorobide (delivery enhancement). Along with the two full size freebies listed above, I consider it the best $180. I ever spent. I use the AOX moisturizer as the base, and add the above ingredients in the % advised on the website. Any high quality moisturizer can be substituted as the base. Check out the website when you have a chance though, it's full of great info.

Electronics: As I mentioned above, the Face Master went in the trash. It never worked right, and I wound up with blackheads for the first time in my life.
I bought the LightStim (LED) one month ago, and have been using it every single night without fail. I love the results so far. My skin is moist (no dry patches whatsoever), skin tone is even, pores seem a bit smaller, laugh lines have softened tremendously + and my skin is unbelievably smooth and soft. It has almost totally cleared up what was "chicken skin" with severe redness on my decollete from severe sunburns when I was young and foolish. I also am seeing definite tightening of my skin on the neck and face. I've been taking pictures, but haven't compared them yet. I'm waiting for the "bigger" surprise! In addition, I haven't worn a single drop of makeup in over two weeks. My husband said my skin looks like a "young kid"......And this is a guy who NEVER notices anything! He didn't even notice when I changed my hair from blond to red!

I just ordered the "Derma Wand" and I'm anxious to add that to my nightly vigil.... If anyone is using it, I would love to know what you think of it. I had and used the "Dermal Tone" machine and I did see results with it, but it was so cheaply made that when it broke, I couldn't see spending another $160.

Okay, I just read this all back, and before you guys boot me out for getting too carried away, I'll finish up now.

Thanks for baring with me, and hopefully I've helped and not hindered. Keep up the great post's, your all awesome ladies.

Kassy Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy and wellcome to Wrinkles Anonymous!! I had a look atwww.cellbone.com and they have lots of good stuff, thanks for the recommendation.

I recently purchased the Dermawand and as I said on another thread, I wasn't too impressed with the look of it - it looks a bit cheap. However, I LOVE IT. I also use the Baby Q (which is similar to the Lightstim) but I've seen a great improvement to my skin since using the Dermawand. I use it am and pm everyday, I'm addicted to it. I swear it has removed two age spots I had on my left cheek. I am also seeing allot of benefit from using the self-torturing Dermaroller. I would encourage you to give this a try because all the needling is really thickening up my skin.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu...I'm glad to hear the "Derma Wand" is working out well for you. I should receive mine any day now, and can't wait. As for the "Dermaroller", that's one I haven't ever heard of. Maybe you can enlighten me. "Torture" seems to be a rite of passage once you cross over the "50" yard line, so to speak.....

Before I ordered the LightStim I did a lot of research including the Baby Q. Aside from being more than double the price, I wasn't able to get a straight answer about how long it would work before the "light went out". The LightStim's longevity is 100,000 hours plus. And in addition offered more lights and a bigger head,so that really was the deciding factors for me. I also like the lighter weight plastic (very sturdy and comfy), over the heavier metal housing. But the long and short of it, is that all manner of LED's, seem to be doing the job for the majority of us who have really committed to it. I actually look forward to my nightly ritual to pamper myself after all these years.... Laughing

Kassy
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:55 am      Reply with quote
The Dermaroller is a little roller that has spikes all over it (they come in variable lengths and various brands) and you roll the device over your face to create microscopic holes that allow your serums to penetrate into the skin more effectively. Also, because the skin has been "injured" the procedure also helps with laying down more collagen - anyway, that's the theory. For more info go to http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=22460

I know it sounds pretty nutty but it has honestly done wonders for my skin plus I firmly believe in the adage "no pain, no gain"!

I'm glad you're happy with the Lightstim. I'm actually lusting after the DPL one because you only need to do it for 9 minutes twice a day. What with zapping, needling, LEDing and massaging there's not enough hours in the day to complete my beauty routine - ridiculous. Very Happy
linder
5% products discount

Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Sister Sweets, I have used the DPL for one week today, twice a day. My face looks like its waking up! I love it already. Nanci sent me very nice samples with my order. I broke my toe on Monday. I was stuck on the couch. Could hardly walk. From limping around my arch fell in my other foot. Started using the DPL on my poor sore feet. I went shopping yesterday! Still pretty sore feet but I managed just fine and I wore shoes. I think it has helped. I was planning on spending a week on the couch otherwise. I thought my golfing was shot for the year as we live in Wisconsin, not much time left. Now my goal is next week to get a few rounds in. Linder
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I have the Dermaroller but kept scratching myself with it. I should try again. What kind of Serum do you use? I have LightStim as well but can't seem to find the time to do it every day. I do tons of facial exercises too so I can only sit and focus on my face for so long. Eventually the exercises will go faster I hear.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A - Thanks for sharing!. Would you mind detailing your regime?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Oh.... This is all so interesting: dermarollers and derma wands.... Yes, I've heard of these and read about them... I've held off on the Ebay search for them.... Laughing But you girls are tempting me.

What does the Derma wand do that DPL, Baby Q, light stim doesn't?

So far the DPL is doing it for me. (Hey Linder - glad it's working out - and it gets better and better and better and isn't Nanci a Peach to deal with!) I love my DPL.

Now what to get next: Dermaroller or derma wand hmmmmm.
linder
5% products discount

Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I have been thinking the same thing. Dermaroller or derma wand. linder
sammie
5% products discount

Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I wonder about what I just read in Allure about a study involving 9 patients at the University of Geneva. They found that one IPL treatment resulted in twice the level of free radical activity in the skin compared with exposure to ultraviolet light and six times the level for nonirradiated skin. And of course they say free radical activity has been linked to aging and skin cancer in animals. SO I wonder how safe these lights are? ANybody know? ANybody know how to compare IPL to these other light treatments? I find this scary. Thank you!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Sure "Stovetop". This is what I do:

1. cleanse with Alpha Hydroxy foaming face wash. After rinsing I go over my face and neck lightly with an abrasive face sponge. (I don't use toner, I find it much to drying for me.

2. I boil a pot of water for 2 minutes, drop in a green tea bag, make a tent with a towel, and steam my face for 5 minutes.

3. Now I just pat dry and immediately put on A.) serum then after it absorbs B.) moisturizer.

4. I will use the Derma Wand as this step, as soon as I receive it.

5. And now I have at it with the LightStim for 3 minutes to each area of my face, neck, decollete and hands. All in all it takes the better part of 90 minutes, but I have the luxury of time on my side. For ladies in more of a hurry, it could certainly be cut down to 45 minutes from start to finish. And we're worth it!!!!!

In case you or anybody is interested, my serum + cream potions are roughly as follows:

Serum: vitamin C, hyaluronic acid (70%), argireline (10%), glycerin 5% and then I just add a little of a good quality amino acid peptide serum from the drugstore. (Olay is one I like)

Moisturizer: Here I use a good quality moisturizer as my base (AOX, which I buy from Cellbone is wonderful). (For some reason this post won't go through with the web address so just add the .com to cellbone) To this I add; Idebenone 1%, Matrixyl 3000 10%, Hyaluronic Acid 30%.... If you want to add additional vitamins it's even better.

For me it's been trial and error. My husband thinks I'm a "Mad Scientist", but he is loving the results! I buy vials of the above mentioned ingredients at Cellbone. They are extremely reasonable as far as price, because each vial will go a very long way for making creams etc. Everything you need to know can be found at the website also. I have about 1 years worth of product at least, and my total cost was $180...And that is at least 8 products. They also send full size samples which is awesome in my opinion. I've dropped more than that in CVS buying creams that wound up in the trash. For me it's worth it. And I love having the control of knowing that the great new ingredients we have these days, are actually in my creams at the correct amounts.

Hope this helps!....Kassy
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A - Thanks again for the great info. Great suggestion to steam the face with green tea! What issues do you have in the eye area and what do you use? I am just finishing week 15 of Obagi - wonderful product - but I would prefer not to continue using SLS and Hydroquinone in maintenance - do you have any recommendations for hyperpigmentation?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
Kassy_A - Thanks again for the great info. Great suggestion to steam the face with green tea! What issues do you have in the eye area and what do you use? I am just finishing week 15 of Obagi - wonderful product - but I would prefer not to continue using SLS and Hydroquinone in maintenance - do you have any recommendations for hyperpigmentation?

I really didn't have a problem with "hyperpigmentation",so I haven't researched it, but I do notice my skin is clearer than ever with the LightStim treatments. A couple of age spots on my hands have lightened up considerably. There is another great website, devoted to all manner of skin care that is well worth checking out. Many answers for everything related to skin care can be found there.. Check it out.
smartskincare (just add the .com)

As far as the eyes go, that is the most troublesome for me. I have bags under my eyes that is a definite "family heirloom"...even my little grandsons have it! I have bought and flung out just about everything on the market claiming to work for this tough area. Nothing worked for me. Now I just use the moisturizer + serums I prepare, and between that and the light, it seems to be helping, although very gradually in that area. I'll continue to be vigilant and hope for the best.

I'm anxiously waiting delivery of the Derma Wand I ordered, and hoping it revs up that area under my eyes. BTW, some of the crepiness I had in the upper lid area of my eyes, seems to be responding to the LED treatments. It seems quite a bit firmer these days. I also love the softness and clarity I'm experiencing which is better by the day.... It's awesome to be able to forget makeup altogether. I always had very decent skin, but this new dewiness I'm seeing is great at 55. (Most people take me for mid 30's)
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered a few items from Cellbone. the AOX moisturizer with the good stuff in it and a C23. Will check it out and report back.....

I'm not ready to Make My Own yet. Maybe next year... Laughing
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I ordered a few items from Cellbone. the AOX moisturizer with the good stuff in it and a C23. Will check it out and report back.....

I'm not ready to Make My Own yet. Maybe next year... Laughing

Your off to a great start! The AOX is awesome and a great base to add other ingredients to. It smells a little citrusy, and is orange colored, but it goes on clear and is wonderful.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy - It already has stuff in it - you mean you add more? Okay - now I'm ready to do my own!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Kassy - It already has stuff in it - you mean you add more? Okay - now I'm ready to do my own!

If you scroll back through the last few post's you'll see the one I wrote which explains my creams + serums, and exactly what I mix.

Surprised
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A - I notice that there is no DMAE in your regime - is this on purpose Question
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
Kassy_A - I notice that there is no DMAE in your regime - is this on purpose Question

I'm actually still on the fence about DMAE in creams. I do take an oral supplement of 200mg every other day. I hesitate to start adding it to my creams until I research it a bit more.

Isn't it overwhelming what's out there these days? Between electronics and all the potions promising one thing or another, I sometimes feel totally confused.

I'm thankful I found this forum for sure. It's great to hear everyones point of view on all of it.

Overwhelmed Kassy in Palm Bch Florida Cool
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Kassay_A - About 3 yrs ago, I was using DMAE in a skin care product and seeing no results, so I decided to take DMAE in supplement form. At the Health Food Store that I purchased my DMAE supplements from, I was told NOT to do both the
DMAE supplements AND the DMAE skincare products at the same time as their customers who did were experiencing reactions. I took only the DMAE supplements and started having spontaneous vomiting - no other symptoms. So I have discontinued DMAE in supplement form too. I have since started Matrixyl 3000 in my skincare products with no negative reactions so far but also no positive results as of yet.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi "Stovetop" I am also including the Matrixyl 3000 in my creams. I've been doing so for about a month now.

The hard part now, will be trying to decipher exactly what to attribute my good results to; the magic potions, the LightStim, the electrical stimulation or the vitamin supplements. I started my quest seriously about a month ago, with everything all at once..grrrrrr!

Just for the record, I'm 54, red hair (compliments of Nice n Easy), fair/light skin with the start of crows feet, under eye bags, fat loss in cheeks and the beginning of jowls. I always had nice clear even toned skin, but it's much improved since LightStim.......and the softness is amazing.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Kassy - The reason I was asking if you add to the AOX is because according to the website what I bought: Super AOX Skin Firm Moisturizer already has lots of good stuff in it: As written:
...... A light, rich moisturizing formula that contains 1.5% Idebenone, 1% CoQ10, 10% Matrixyl™3000 with Omega3 rich Inca Inch oil.

So my question is why add more to it? I've been on this site for three months or more and I learn something new everytime....

sister
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
And Kassy - don't forget about the facial exercises - you gotta start those too... Laughing
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sister.. Jeeeeez! Facial exercises to boot. Womens work is never done! I'll try to work a few minutes of that in as well.

Yes, the AOX has lots of wonderful goodies already in it. And Yes, I still doctor it up a bit. I added 2 cc's of hyaluronic acid right in the bottle.

I'm so excited right now!! My Derma Wand just arrived, and I can't wait to have at it......I'll keep you informed of what I think of it after a few days use.

I'm running out of room on my bathroom vanity, my poor husband got booted into the other bathroom....I need to cool it I think.............

Naaahhhh... Laughing
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks - Let us know how your DIY products work. and then I'll follow your lead. Laughing
I just started all of this in earnest a few months ago myself -supplements, DPL, expensive skin care (haha) and all the other neurotic nonsense. I printed out facial exercises and am now thinking of the derma wand - so PLEASE let me know how this is so I may add it to my evergrowing list of must-have gadgets.

DO you have a clarisonic... Hmmmm...very nice! I bought that two weeks ago and love it.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |