Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
scrappnmom
5% products discount

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
[Just as an example, since all aminos are necessary and nine are deemed "essential", supplementation of L-Arginine alone makes a huge difference in skin and hair vitality and is a major factor in lean muscle development. Personally, I consider it the "youth" amino acid because I see an increase in line-development when I'm off of it for any length of time. When I start taking my using 7 gms a day the lines go poof within 6-8 weeks. I recently made up my mind that, no matter what, I'll not let myself run out of it again.]

Ari[/quote]

I have also heard that L-Arginine is great for improving the libido! Embarassed At such a high dose you might be the one to say if that is true!?? I'm definately interested in trying it especially if your answer is "Yes"! I would like to say goodbye to my lip lines!

This is a great forum and I am really learning a lot from this Topic! This is my first response. I just found this web site a week or so ago! I am 56 and do look younger than my age (about 45 I'd say) but it's catching up with me. I am one of the lucky ones with combination/oily skin, but I also have very acne prone skin. I hate that! So, I have to be very careful what I put on my skin. So, creams are pretty much "OUT" for me. My favorite moisturizer is Ultra Emu Oil and HA (I get HA and the Ultra Emu from DianaYvonne). I also use Skin Bio Super CP all over my face. My crinkly eyes and crows feet are much improved but would like to see more improvement. I also use the new GHK CPs on my neck and chest because the Super CPs are too strong for me and I can't tolerate them there. I also, love the PSF Retinol .5% but will be moving up to 1% when I run out. I also love the PSF Phyto-Lift Cranberry, Stimucol-C, and the Gentle Castile Cleanser. I will be watching and reading with interest to see what new product comes to my attention. The one ingrediant I am really interested in right now is Matrixyl. I haven't found it in anything except the Phyto-Lift, but would love to find it in a nice serum/gel for all over the face and neck. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

PS I hope I do this right. If not, Sorry!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Scrappnmom, one cream that contains Matrixyl is Esotique-RF by Chamonix. It's retinol free. It is a rich cream in a flesh tint with no fragrance and costs around $90.00 for 2 oz.

I can't say that it has eliminated any lines but I wasn't expecting that. If there was a product that eliminated lines we would all have a 20 yr. old youthful complection.

It does plump up fine lines. My skin absorbs it very well and feels very smooth and luxurious. I've been using it for 2 months and plan to rebuy it.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
scrappnmom wrote:
The one ingrediant I am really interested in right now is Matrixyl. I haven't found it in anything except the Phyto-Lift, but would love to find it in a nice serum/gel for all over the face and neck. Any suggesstions?

http://cellbone.com/AOX.htm

This one is very good, and you can't go wrong for $36.00 for 2 oz.

Also check out their Retinol products which are also reasonable.

K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Big second from me on the Cellbone products. 50 years old and loving the stuff. Price is right - good results that deliver. I use four different products and am very happy. I rotate them. Another good thing about cellbone is they are very generous with samples. They just send them!

I've spent a multitude of money on things that supplied less and cost more. I'm so happy to have found Cellbone. (Thanks to Kassy actually!). Good luck.....Sister.
scrappnmom
5% products discount

Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Kassie, Do you think I could use this, if it says it's for dry or normal skin? I have oily, acne prone skin? Have you used this Super AOX? Do you have oily skin?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
I actually had dry skin up until 6 months ago, when I decided to finally take care of my skin. Now it's totally normal.. Dancing .. and believe it or not, even looking a bit dewy these days.

I received the AOX free from cellbone, when I placed an order for the actives I use. So of course I used it, and I liked it a lot. As far as using it on oily skin, I don't think it would be a problem, because I don't recall it having oils in it. (I'll check the ingredients again and follow this post up with it.)

But anyway, even oily skin needs moisture. It just has to be the right kind.

Okay, I'll go get the ingredient list for ya..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Ingredients: AOX (cellbone.com)

Water, Shea butter, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide & Terapeptide-3 (Matrixyl™-3000), Butyleneglycol, Sunflower Seed Oil, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil, Emulsifying Wax, Glycerin, Tea Tree Oil, L-Ascorbic Acid, Inca Inchi seed oil, Alpha Tocopherol, Lycopene, CoQ10,Comfrey Root Extract, Lemongrass Essential Oil, Rosemary Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol

I didn't realize it had a few oils in it. But the other great ingredients really make it worth a try anyway. I can tell you that it wasn't at all greasy, and absorbed right into my skin. If you decide to get it, just use a good cleanser and toner first, and then apply it sparingly.

K

They also sell the Retinol 1.0 that you mentioned wanting to try.

scrappnmom
5% products discount

Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:58 am      Reply with quote
It sounds great but the Cocoa Butter and the Coconut Oil is highly comodegenic and will cause breakouts in an acne prone person like me. So, I'd better not try it! Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Scrappnmom

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy:

what products do you use from cellbone. I pulled up the website, but i am a little confused, as there are so many products that look really goood.

Any help would be appreciated.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
scrappnmom - I have oily skin and I use the AOX treatment without a problem. I use it once a day and only use one squirt of the pump and apply everywhere - spread it thin. I wouldn't let this stop you. It's not at all like a heavy moisturizer - in fact it doesn't have that feel to me at all.

That said - I undertand they have wonderful customer service - not pushy at all! - I have heard when you call them, they are so helpful at steering you toward products that are best for you. That's what I would do.

Best of Luck. Hope you like them as much as we all do.
Sister
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Retinol 1.0 anti-wrinkle moisturizer

Advanced Skin Hydration, Firming, and Anti-Wrinkle Treatment with 1.0% stabilized Retinol and 4% Tripeptide

This is from the Cellbone website:

For Scrappnmom - a retinol for dry and normal skin:

Retinol 1.0 anti-wrinkle Moisturizer

is a revolutionary anti-wrinkle moisturizer cream for dry and normal skin. A light, rich moisturizing formula that contains 1.0% stabilized Retinol and 4% advanced anti-wrinkle Tripeptide with Inca Inchi oil. The innovative Anti-wrinkle treatment moisturizer, with Retinol and Tripeptide prevents facial wrinkles and provides the hydration all day .
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:06 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Kassy_A"]
scrappnmom wrote:
The one ingrediant I am really interested in right now is Matrixyl. I haven't found it in anything except the Phyto-Lift, but would love to find it in a nice serum/gel for all over the face and neck. Any suggesstions?

http://cellbone.com/AOX.htm

This one is very good, and you can't go wrong for $36.00 for 2 oz.

Also check out their Retinol products which are also reasonable.

Thanks Kassy!
I've just placed my lst order with Cellbone. I just ordered the AOX serum for now, but I have a feeling there will be a much larger order next time. Good prices! Laughing
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I think as we grow "older" it is also much harder to take care of our skin that looses the young skins that we used to have.... We work harder to find products that will keep us young. We spend so much money on skin care products... Ah well, what else is new as we grow much "older"?!?!

Smoky1 wrote:
I agree with many of the comments expressed about suddenly waking up one day with major changes taking place in my skin (including skin on other parts of my body too!). It's definitely a wake up call. I will be watching this thread!

My own process is that for many years I had decent skin, not even the dreaded teen breakouts, and had many compliments on how clear it was. It has changed significantly in the last 3 years (I'm 57, and not taking any hormonal supplements, definitely in menopause!). Sagging and permanent smile lines are noticable, loss of the plump rosy look. Suddenly, I'm on the hunt for products to keep the march of time at bay...

Vit C; trying different brands as it is very drying and some brands made me break out.

Retinol; trying Avene and PSF. Don't know yet if I can tolerate it.

DMAE; use occasionally. Don't know if it's really doing anything.

Trying to use fewer chemical products. Test with Dr. H products was a bust, and my skin is just now recovering from that trauma! Now testing PSF.

Hopefully, we can learn from each other...
dream4more
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I am a big fan of Cellbone too and love their AOX. I am acne prone and it does not break me out. The biggest WOW I have for them right now is the sample of the "MoistSeal" that comes as a free sample with any order. That stuff I put on over my makeup and it seems to plump up the skin, doesn't make your face look oiler just kind of younger, if you know what I mean. It is kind of hard to describe what it does but I would suggest order anything from them and try the sample of this. It is a very generous size too.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering about that sample. Guess I'll "have to" buy something.

I loved the glycolic C they had and they sure do give generous samples.
scrappnmom
5% products discount

Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I think you gals have sold me on Cellbone. I'm wanting to try the AOX or maybe the Moist Seal. I also think the Eye Contour Gel and the Eye Peel Eye Rejuvenator looks good. Have any of you tried either of those? Was it worth the money? For now I've got plenty of exfoliators but when they are gone I may try the Glycolic c.

Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
I know it is not related to this thread, but can't wait to share this piece of good news.

Last night I tried the BQ and I am loving it already.

I did the first application on my face, all 28 minutes and it felt tighter for several hours(could not visually see anything, but was not expecting to so early)
What is really really fascinating is the effect on my hands
I only did one pass and I can notice my wrinkly skin looking a lot younger.
I am still at awe.
I can't wait to do it again tomorrow.

It is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

I will try on my elbows too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
scrappnmom wrote:
Well, I think you gals have sold me on Cellbone. I'm wanting to try the AOX or maybe the Moist Seal. I also think the Eye Contour Gel and the Eye Peel Eye Rejuvenator looks good. Have any of you tried either of those? Was it worth the money? For now I've got plenty of exfoliators but when they are gone I may try the Glycolic c.

When I first tried the Cellbone products, I actually just bought the DMI solution and collagen mask. I was given a sample of the AOX. Made another order of Syn-AKE and in the comments section asked about the eye creams for puffiness. They sent me a sample of the "Collagen Peptide and "Eye complex eye firm". Since then I don't think my eye area has had better results in years. I would have occasional relief by PSF eye creams and tried every one on the market but nothing compares at least for me. Write them and ask. They are so willing to help and generous with samples. I am still using my eye samples they sent me and it was 2 to 3 months ago that I received them. I have always had bags under the eyes but copper seemed to really not agree with my skin so this helped tighten and fix them. I think you will be happy. I can't say enough about AOX, the 2 eyes creams mentioned above, Moist'Seal and their collagen powder. Hope that helps!!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I use both of those eye creams also - I purchased the eye serum and received the other as a sample.
I use a c-serum (Have C-23 and the glycolic) AOX and I then apply the Body Peel and the Restore serum (mix these together) and put on after the c serum has penetrated.

I alternate with the collagen mask - got this as a sample - love that too. On another part of this forum I saw recs to just put this on and let sink in - not to wash off.

I've been quite happy with all of these products.
I use Copper peptides at night.
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Am I the only suspicious one on this particular thread? Cellbone? Hopefully, the products are as good as the hype and that principals of the company aren't the ones hyping the products on this thread...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Wow - I wish I was a principal at Cellbone. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I figured it was time to bump this thread up, to see what was new with us....ahem,...old geezers... Very Happy

Is everybody still happy with their routine?
Any new toys, creams or potions to share?
Any new aging delemma's to talk about?
Are ya'll still happy with my cellbone recs?

Okay ladies, spill your guts!

Drool Drool Drool

Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Kassy I am still content with my routine and tools. With gas and heating cost I am trying to be a good grandma. Laughing Almost forgot I did cave and purchase FlexEffect. Should have it in 10 days. Embarassed

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
I too ordered FlexEffect and just received it on Thursday - it is war on wrinkles and face sagging for me. I recently added Mama Lotion and am very pleased with the effects on my skin - the redness has greatly diminished.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
I too ordered FlexEffect and just received it on Thursday - it is war on wrinkles and face sagging for me. I recently added Mama Lotion and am very pleased with the effects on my skin - the redness has greatly diminished.

stovetop please let me know how you are doing with it. PM me with any tips. I know FlexEffect is a commitment. Just hope I have the discipline to be faithful. Love my Facial Flex and have done some Carol Maggio exercises. A few forum friends have been encouraging to give this program a go. Good luck stovetop. Wink

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |