Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
When you reach a more mature age, dressing fashionably does become very difficult because we don't want to look like "mutton dressed up as lamb!" However, if you shop at places that stock clothes for our particular age-group quite often they are too fuddy-duddy. I know I have a terrible problem, I like to look modern and edgy - I don't want to look like a grandma but I can't shop in trendy boutiques because the clothes are inappropriate for my age and usually don't fit (because I'm not a size 0 anymore).

So I tend to buy relatively plain clothes and then dress them up with statement pieces of jewellery, scarfs, waistcoats etc. to add interest.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
When you reach a more mature age, dressing fashionably does become very difficult because we don't want to look like "mutton dressed up as lamb!"

Image Image Image

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
Can we please get the skin under control before we move on to the clothes lol.

I know I look good when my 18 year old daughter makes a comment about what I have on. No frump dressing here. Conservative for work yes, but fashionable.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Just *bumping* this to see what's new and exciting with us over the hill geezers.. Laughing

Here's what's new for me:

I love, love, love Remergent DNA + Barrier repair, although I find the barrier repair a little too thick.

Because by now y'all know I can never leave well enough alone) I've added a few things to it; SKB, niacinamide, avocado oil and more base cream. So technically what started out as Remergent is now more of DIY brew.

Next on the hit parade is 0.5 Retin-A which I started about a week ago. I use a microfiber cloth twice a day, so haven't had to deal with any peeling so far.

I'm also testing out a DIY lash serum, with Ardell as the base, and and a couple of other actives including the dreaded Bimatoprost...(And with that, I'll never say never again.. Shock Shock

If anybody happens to know how much of that was actually in the lash products that worked, I'm all ears. I've taken the chicken route with mine, and only put in 6 drops for this first batch....

So now my problem is trying to decide whether it's the Remergent, Retin-A, or the DIY serum that is making my skin look nicer lately. That's the problem with a couple of things at once, you can never be sure...But who cares, as long as the results are positive.. Laughing

I started using the lash serum on 7/20, so I'll wait till the 4 week mark to share the good or bad results, and let you know what changes I'll make (if any). What I'm noticing so far is what looks like a few new lashes on the inner ( Sad ) and outer corners of my eyes. I don't see any difference in length yet. Also two lashes sprouted out above my right lash line where they don't belong and are sticking straight out. I think I'm going to pluck those two suckers.

So that's what's new for me kiddies. I'm looking forward to hearing your routines and changes..

ETA: Can you imagine if this lash serum works the money that will be saved! Total price of $15. Laughing Laughing Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy - where did you purchase the Bimatoprost? Is this what's in the skinactives formula?

5% products discount

Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad It is kind of scary seeing where my body is going. I remember when I turned 30 and all of a sudden I thought - what is that - Oh - no it is starting. Then I seemed ok in my 40's but now mid 50's getting a bit scary again! Still holding off the crepey eyelids and the dreaded neck - is it inevitable??
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
mogulicious wrote:
Kassy - where did you purchase the Bimatoprost? Is this what's in the skinactives formula?

This is the stuff that 'Lumigan' makes that made all the fuss, and caused Revitalash and Jan Marini to pull their products.

You can get it at just about any of the Mexico or India online pharmacies.

I got mine at alldaychemist.com

The skinactive lash stuff has ingredients that help to 'promote' hair growth, but no medication that I'm aware of. It would probably make an awesome base though, for anyone who was interested in experimenting a bit.....like moi'.... Laughing

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
pellie wrote:
Crying or Very sad It is kind of scary seeing where my body is going. I remember when I turned 30 and all of a sudden I thought - what is that - Oh - no it is starting. Then I seemed ok in my 40's but now mid 50's getting a bit scary again! Still holding off the crepey eyelids and the dreaded neck - is it inevitable??

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think we have it better now than ever, with so many things available to us, that tremendously help to slow down the hands of time.

The ones that have it made now are the 20 and 30 year olds, who have all manner of prevention, that will really impact skin aging, or the lack thereof... Laughing

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, how long have you been using the Remergent DNA/barrier repair?
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,your lashes are already sooo long.
I am curious why you would experiment with Bimatoprost ? and are you watching to see if your eye color is changing ?
I love adding our MIY stuff to the commercial products too.
I just tried to make a Bug Repellant,what a mess and a stinky one too.

Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the DNA + Barrier creams about a month ago, and used them as is for the first week. I then added some of each to a DIY concoction. It is only in the last week or so, that I'm noticing a 'nicer' look to the skin.

As for the lash stuff, my main interest is to find an alternative that works, that people can whip up themselves, and not have to spend $140. For those that want to do that, that's great, but for the DIY folks out there, I think it would be interesting..

For myself I am lucky to have always had nice eyelashes, but I am willing to give this a try for 4 to 6 weeks, just to see if it works. One way or the other, I will probably stop it at that point though, because I really don't want to press my luck. I don't think the application method used would be harmful to vision, but I don't want to experience any color change. That is the only reason I would stop using it really.

What I really want to do is one of the lash tints. My eyelashes are black, but the tips are very blond like most folks. I've been reading a few threads, trying to figure out which one is the easiest.

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, Kassy!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Happy to help!

Very Happy

skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Ok,since I am lash impaired thanks for testing. Smile
As far as lash tints. I have used one from Sallys and what a mess. Sorry ,the name isnt coming to me.
But, I did use the 1000 Hour Lashes blue/black and it was much better. My lashes are very fine,so it should really be nice for those with thicker lashes.Im sure there is a thread here,thats how I found it.
Love this place !
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy- Thanks for bumping this thread up for us oldies but goodies.

I am also another total new fan of Remergent.

I completely changed skin care products lately and can't rave about these products enough. The DNA repair day and night... and Barrier cream only at night. I am not using the a.m. cream with sunscreen only because I have oily skin and I do have a moisturizer with SPF that keeps my oil down that I love.

I had been fighting lines on the tops of my cheeks for a good six months and they are gone now after using Remergent for about 2 months.

Also a few of my other favorite things......

In the a.m. I use skinceuticals PHLORETIN CF
and then at night Tazorac or Renova on my face.

All the lash enhancing product discussion is very interesting as well.

My Jan Marini tubes (the old formula) and I are
doing just fine. I figure by the time I run out Allergan will have come out with their product with Bimatoprost.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Good for you Platinum, sounds like you have things well in hand, with a nice regime..

I did likewise with the Remergent and used DNA in the A.M., and Barrier in the evening.. I loved the DNA, but found the Barrier repair way to thick for my liking..

Anyway, as I mentioned above, I consolidated both of them into a homemade cream... Laughing

Keep us posted about the Skinceuticals Phloretin CF...I've read nothing but good things about it so far.

This is one of my favorite threads at EDS.. So many great gals, sharing all manner of skincare concerns. Very cool indeed!

platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:18 am      Reply with quote
I will keep you posted Kassy. The barrier cream is really a rich thick cream as you said. I didn't realize it was for night and was using it during the day for the first week and looked like a grease slick. So just using it at night is perfect.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
I just saw an eyelash tint on ebay called "Dylash".

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with that one? I did a search for it here, but nothing came up.

BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I just saw an eyelash tint on ebay called "Dylash".

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with that one? I did a search for it here, but nothing came up.

I just looked at the listing. I think the Swiss O Par is probably a better value. Have you looked at it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/SWISS-O-PAR-Eyelash-Brow-Dye-Kit-BLACK_W0QQitemZ230276667536QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230276667536&_trkparms=72%3A552%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Blues!

I just ordered 3 of them. It's exactly the type I was looking for, because living in Florida, oxidation is a real problem...This one is perfect because it doesn't have peroxide..

I have all I can do do keep my tresses red these days, it's a horror here, between the sun, chlorine and salt water. But the alternative of long gray hair, isn't really an alternative... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thanks!

BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Which color did you get? I've not used that brand yet but it seems easier to access than the Australian one. I did find a New York seller of the Swiss O Par.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Which color did you get?

I ordered black... I didn't see blue/black as a choice.

I'll share all about it, as soon as I get it in my grubby little fingers....Now I can't wait to get it.

It seems like it will be very easy to use!

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Which color did you get? I've not used that brand yet but it seems easier to access than the Australian one. I did find a New York seller of the Swiss O Par.

I have the dark brown, which is fine for my fair skin. However, I find it to be a semi PITA to apply and seldom use it.

You have to apply a liquid on your lashes first with a little comb, and then apply the activating gel over the liquid. I think I may just mix it up in a little container first, and then apply with a recycled mascara brush. But I have no idea if it will work that way or not.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

I have the dark brown, which is fine for my fair skin. However, I find it to be a semi PITA to apply and seldom use it.

You have to apply a liquid on your lashes first with a little comb, and then apply the activating gel over the liquid. I think I may just mix it up in a little container first, and then apply with a recycled mascara brush. But I have no idea if it will work that way or not.

Bethany,
That does sound like a PITA. Have you used other lash tints and if so how much more difficult is the SoP?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:09 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Bethany,
That does sound like a PITA. Have you used other lash tints and if so how much more difficult is the SoP?

I haven't used any other brands. But I read someone else's write up on 1000 Hours and thought that the process sounded MUCH easier than the SoP kit. But my only real complaint is that I struggle to get the gel on sufficiently with the comb.

Here is an old thread on it...it looks like others prefer the spoolie over the comb.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15385

And a site selling it also recommends the spoolie:
http://www.swissdyekit.com/Testimonials.html

I think I will do it the way they recommend (applying fixative separately, then the gel) using the spoolie and will let you know. (It probably won't be until late in the week after my dad is discharged from the hospital, however)

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |