Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
I think I know what Ruth meant, because I am also a "daily topics" browser, and don't necessarily check each forum individually..

Today's topics total 4 pages, and this thread was on the last page.. Bumping it, brought it to page 1.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I think I know what Ruth meant, because I am also a "daily topics" browser, and don't necessarily check each forum individually..

Today's topics total 4 pages, and this thread was on the last page.. Bumping it, brought it to page 1.

Thank You. I had to even think about your answer but I FINALLY GOT IT. Geeze......brain on slowmo.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the gadgetry review Kassy - Hey you forgot your dermaroller! Isn't that one of the things you use? Or no?

I was reading and wondering about the Tua Viso and STOP - like you I"ve spent pa-lenty on things that were not worth the warranty they were written on. I do like my LED but other than that I'm waiting things out at this point. May get a dermaroller at some point. I'm waiting to see what stands the test of time.

Sorry the STOP didn't work - expensive paperweight....
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. As an almost 58 year old (takes some getting used to!) I'd love to know what any of you have found helpful with mild rosacea and broken capillaries and sun spots (just a few, not too dark). I'd prefer the most natural and least invasive treatments. I have read all of this thread and am really enjoying it. Lately I am just loving my yoga classes...very balancing and nurturing and feel it is contributing to my face looking more relaxed.
besterry1

Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi everybody. I am a new member. I had posted on the Ageless thread but it was suggested I try skin care forum. Anyhow I will be 55 and my main issue is the lack of elasticity. Crepey eyes, neck, forearms and just above knees. I also have occasional breakouts and clogged pores. I am a fair/medium blue-eyed blonde who works in the sun. Have used retin A for years mainly for acne. I have not used a Vit C yet and was thinking of making some. Can you use plain ascorbic crystals? Instead of L-ascorbic acid. I am interested in dermarolling. Would you all recommend this and what products or tools would you suggest? I have started doing Ageless and just started dry brushing with a manual bristle brush.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Thanks for the gadgetry review Kassy - Hey you forgot your dermaroller! Isn't that one of the things you use? Or no?

I was reading and wondering about the Tua Viso and STOP - like you I"ve spent pa-lenty on things that were not worth the warranty they were written on. I do like my LED but other than that I'm waiting things out at this point. May get a dermaroller at some point. I'm waiting to see what stands the test of time.

Shock Shock Shock Lord have mercy, I'm not woman enough for that...

LED's, Derma Wand + the Tua Viso are as invasive as I want to get.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I hate needles!

ETA: My hands just literally broke into a sweat just thinking about Beth's picture she shared after her roll... Shock (She's my hero ... Very Happy Laughing Very Happy )

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

LED's, Derma Wand + the Tua Viso are as invasive as I want to get.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I hate needles!

ETA: My hands just literally broke into a sweat just thinking about Beth's picture she shared after her roll... Shock (She's my hero ... Very Happy Laughing Very Happy )

Oh yes - that's right!!!! Anything but needles, ... Beth's picture was worth a thousand words.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to share my thoughts for the day, and couldn't think of a better thread;

Being 59 is for the freaking birds.. Rolling Eyes When am I going to be done with all of the above? You'd think after 9 years of this it would be over dontcha think?

Argh! And now I'm saggy to boot, thanks to the STOP ..... Sad Rolling Eyes Brick wall Anxious

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:12 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Oh yes - that's right!!!! Anything but needles, ... Beth's picture was worth a thousand words.

I am really torn right now...I want to do a dermaroll since I haven't done a full one since 11/8, but that would mess up my test results for STOP.

I started STOP on 1/17, and I would need to give it 9 more weeks to reach the 4 month mark (mid May) which is when I really saw my major dermaroller results. That means that I would not have rolled for 5+ months, and my goal was every 3 months.

What do you ladies think...do I go for what is best for me, or what is best for other EDS members? I have seen no fine line improvement as of yet due to STOP. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Bethany, you really must be a masochist wanting to get back to your 'terrible tool of torture'!

You really need to consider what is best for yourself. Weigh the results from the other EDS members. On the whole it appears that the STOP hasn't worked for the majority. Fair enough, the time frame may not have been as long as for the dermaroller, but then again, even if you continue with the STOP, how are you sure that any future improvement is from the STOP or from the cumulative effect of the dermaroller.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:20 am      Reply with quote
miss anna wrote:
Bethany, you really must be a masochist wanting to get back to your 'terrible tool of torture'!

You really need to consider what is best for yourself. Weigh the results from the other EDS members. On the whole it appears that the STOP hasn't worked for the majority. Fair enough, the time frame may not have been as long as for the dermaroller, but then again, even if you continue with the STOP, how are you sure that any future improvement is from the STOP or from the cumulative effect of the dermaroller.

Dermaroller results have been proven to be great for me. But I can't fairly say that STOP does or does not work for me from a collagen standpoint....simply because it hasn't been long enough.

I am still going to use the STOP periodically since I can't return it, so it really doesn't matter to me whether it generates collagen as well as the dermaroller or not. And I am effectively putting my own skin on hold for EDS members by not using my dermaroller.

If I get a wild hair and want to roll, maybe I will. But if I don't for whatever reason, then I can report in from a STOP collagen standpoint down the road. But it would be nice to know if I could really get rid of that Tiny Tool of Terror for good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I am really torn right now...I want to do a dermaroll since I haven't done a full one since 11/8, but that would mess up my test results for STOP.

Would dermarolling on top of doing all the STOP treatments make any difference, or would that be causing too much inflammation and defeat anything the STOP may/maynot be doing?

And, just another thought, but in the dermaroller information, I thought I read it was recommended after the intense roll and time give to build the collagen that one could do yearly rolls to maintain results?
sammie
5% products discount

Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Is the Anti-aging light stimulator better than the omnilux, baby quasar or perrricone? I want to get one, but am confused by all the options! Thank you.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question (hope it is not considered off-topic) I suppose by this question it will be clear I haven't done much research but here goes:
Based upon what Bethany says the Stop and the Dermaroller are each supposed to do basically the same thing: ie: build collagen? Is that correct.
Is the Stop desirable because it May do it quicker and/or with less pain?

If that is the case is it possible to get similar results with rolling?

I'm probably out-to-lunch with asking these things. I know Toby has had fabulous results and I know it was way above and beyond her dermarolling results but wanted to ask. Thanks.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I have a question (hope it is not considered off-topic) I suppose by this question it will be clear I haven't done much research but here goes:
Based upon what Bethany says the Stop and the Dermaroller are each supposed to do basically the same thing: ie: build collagen? Is that correct.
Is the Stop desirable because it May do it quicker and/or with less pain?

If that is the case is it possible to get similar results with rolling?

I'm probably out-to-lunch with asking these things. I know Toby has had fabulous results and I know it was way above and beyond her dermarolling results but wanted to ask. Thanks.

Sis, that is EXACTLY why I was testing the STOP...I was hoping to eliminate the use of the dermaroller because it is sheer TORTURE for me to use. Sad

The dermaroller did a fabulous job at eliminating my crows feet, but did nothing for my forehead and had NO tightening benefits for me.

The STOP seems to have had some VERY minor tightening for me, but the verdict is still out on the collagen generation for a few more months.

I'll probably wait out the dermaroller just so that I can give STOP a fair shot. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

Would dermarolling on top of doing all the STOP treatments make any difference, or would that be causing too much inflammation and defeat anything the STOP may/maynot be doing?

And, just another thought, but in the dermaroller information, I thought I read it was recommended after the intense roll and time give to build the collagen that one could do yearly rolls to maintain results?

I think the full year would be warranted if you had a medical-grade roll. But alas, I have only had a "bethany-grade" roll. Bad Grin

It won't kill me to wait 6 months or so for my next roll, so I will probably do a skin analysis in May/June and then do a roll.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:34 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I think the full year would be warranted if you had a medical-grade roll. But alas, I have only had a "bethany-grade" roll. Bad Grin

I think you came as close as one can get to a medical roll at home judging by your bloody pics! Very Happy I think you are wise to wait 6 months for another roll. That way you should be able to really judge what the STOP did/didn't do for you.
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:49 am      Reply with quote
I wasn't sure where to post it, but thought this was as good a place as any because I think we have all thought about home technology, even if we haven't bought into it yet. Please note that I am posting this information for discussion only. It is not my own advice, but I thought it was interesting.

A colleague of mine is a CIDESCO Diplomate and is quite well known as a lecturer in medical aesthetics. He travels a lot and has been away so I haven't had a chance to talk to him. I asked him about the three things I am interested in - the LED for home use, the dermaroller and the Tripollar technology. He said firstly that, in general, home technology is not yet powerful enough to actually make any difference to the skin.

Re the LED, he said it really depends on the wattage as to whether it can have any effect on the skin. He didn't say how strong it needs to be, but I guess the stronger the better as they don't approximate to the strength of salon LEDs.

Re the tripollar technology, he said the home devices aren't powerful enough to affect the skin and the jury is still out on the big machines in salons. Apparently quadpollar technology is on the horizon, but he wasn't very impressed with the technology in general.

Re the dermaroller, the needles need to be long enough to actually get down to the dermis sufficiently. I mentioned Bethany's pictures and he said he could show me some really gory ones from the results of salon needling. I'm sure you've seen those. To really make any difference you have to wait at least 3 - 6 months between needling to allow the skin to completely re-build and recover otherwise you could actually cause some scarring by needling over still damaged skin.

Apparently at home people (that would be me!)get very enthusiastic and can't wait for results, so they do the procedures far more often that is recommended.

Please take this information in the spirit it is intended - as one more step in elucidating the beauty technology that we are using.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:22 am      Reply with quote
miss anna wrote:
Apparently at home people (that would be me!)get very enthusiastic and can't wait for results, so they do the procedures far more often that is recommended.

I have definitely seen that for all of the tools you mentioned above.

Fortunately, I personally tend to be far more conservative than most people since I obsess about inflammation. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:24 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

I think you came as close as one can get to a medical roll at home judging by your bloody pics! Very Happy I think you are wise to wait 6 months for another roll. That way you should be able to really judge what the STOP did/didn't do for you.

It's only 2 more months....it has already been 4 since I last rolled. Though we'll have to see when I end up at the dermatologist.

5% products discount

Fri May 01, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I decided to finally buy it after taxes left me a little money. They are having a Mother's Day special, 15% off, which is better than the usual EDS 10% discount. Thought you might want to know! Thank you for all the info.
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
sammie wrote:
I decided to finally buy it after taxes left me a little money. They are having a Mother's Day special, 15% off, which is better than the usual EDS 10% discount. Thought you might want to know! Thank you for all the info.

What did you buy? Dermaroller, LED STOP? There are many tools mentioned in these posts.
sammie
5% products discount

Sat May 02, 2009 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I put it in the subject line, which seems to have disappeared. I bought the Anti Aging Lightstim. I am very excited!
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2009 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
me too!!! I bought the anti-aging lightstim for my own little mother's day present!...it should be here in a few days...I'm taking pictures in a room without natural light tonight so I'll be able to track my progress...I'm working on spider veins, sun damage and wrinkles.

I want to apply a topical supplement to the spider veins before I treat them with the lightstim...has anyone had any experience with this?...someone on another forum swears by apple cider vinegar...I've also read that milk thistle, pycnogenol (PCO or OPC), quercetin and bromelain help and if used regularly, horse chestnut, horsetail and witch hazel will prevent spider veins. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Good Luck everyone and hopefully we'll all be reporting good progress in a few months.

Mary
sammie
5% products discount

Sat May 02, 2009 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Great question Mary! I was wondering the same thing.

I am working on wrinkles, sagging, age spots and general rejuvenation. I have to take pics too. I have to get my camera and figure out how to use it again.

We can compare notes!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |