Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

WOW - DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
That makes me lean towards the essential oil Decleor uses many essential oils in their products in a hazelnut oil base. Rolling Eyes

Tue May 04, 2010 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Breakout too Sad
bel
5% products discount

Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Found it removes my waterproof sunblock thoroughly. Like the texture and find it pretty moisturising.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
pokeman wrote:
Breakout too Sad

I just got a new DHC catalog and the thing that has been bugging me since I first read this thread finally hit me (light bulb) this is part of a system meant to also be used with their mild soap, toner and olive virgin oil after! It's no wonder people break out if they are only using the oil then rinsing? Especially true for those with breakout prone skin. Exclamation Idea Exclamation Idea

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:25 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
pokeman wrote:
Breakout too Sad

I just got a new DHC catalog and the thing that has been bugging me since I first read this thread finally hit me (light bulb) this is part of a system meant to also be used with their mild soap, toner and olive virgin oil after! It's no wonder people break out if they are only using the oil then rinsing? Especially true for those with breakout prone skin. Exclamation Idea Exclamation Idea

Hi, 1st post here! Surprised I am not interested in using an entire product system (as yet), only an Oil Cleaner. That said, would I be better off making the Oily Skin formula you posted up thread? Does it contain the required emulsifier that breaks down the oils for proper rinsing? Just want to be clear before I throw myself into this wholeheartedly, as I am one of the breakout prone. Thanks for any help! Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Arcadia65,

Hi and Welcome Very Happy
First I was just pointing out to those having breakouts using the DHC oil on it's own why it could be causing issues! Took me long enough to get brain in gear on that!!! LOL

There are no emulsifiers or sudsing agents in the recipe I posted or OCM blends, hot (but tolerable) water on a wash cloth is used repetedly to remove all traces of oil and the dirt and sebum this removes, a toner after is also not a bad idea. Smile

You will find many suggestions and links plus full instructions on the big OCM thread linked to here. Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7077&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=525

5% products discount

Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Find that it's really good in removal of sunblock and makeup. Just to be sure, I'll wash off with a foaming wash. And it feels very clean after that Smile
sandyqxu
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:29 am      Reply with quote
It can remove the foundation quickly and I like it
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
yes, i used this cleaning oil. it even useful on my black pores on the nose. It removes quickly and very clean.
Mirielle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
I got a huge breakout when using the cleansing oil Mad It was way too drying. I've also tried using jojoba oil but it made me get little bumps in those areas. Maybe oil is not for me...
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
After being a dedicated fan of DHC cleansing oil, I have switched to Fancl MCO. It's less drying than DHC, removes super waterproof mascara and milder, as it doesnt sting my eye as much as DHC's.
However, it is much more costly than DHC and it states that you have to use it within x month of opening.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:39 am      Reply with quote
DHC was a staple for me but it is getting kinda expensive. Oil cleansers are definitely a must for me but I always use a second cleanser afterwards. I don't think Kose Softymo cleansing oil is widely available, but it is a great alternative to DHC's at less than half the cost. I see Kose on ebay and Japanese grocery stores. They also sell bag refills. The downside is Kose has considerably more mineral oil versus DHC's olive oil base. Oil cleansers are a definite must for taking off sunscreen, mascara and eyeliner.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like oil type makeup remover, it causes me to have break outs. And most of them claims they can remove eye makeup as well, which I really don't think any of them have a good performance for this function. I prefer cleansing water and proper eye makeup remover.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:23 am      Reply with quote
i just ordered it from its website, because it is my love make up remover oil. It really clean best. I used it even if i have not make up, only use the suncreen.
POPO
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
DHC oil makeup remover is really 2 oil. do not really like it.
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Agree, I think Fancl's cleansing oil is much better.

By the way, it seems that there is a similar post about DHC cleansing oil in the forum recently.
livmaquillage
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
cleansing cream + clarisonic brush is better for sensitive skin.
Fancl is good too, but it's expensive considering I need to use 3 pumps each time.
At least they don't cause breakouts...
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:21 am      Reply with quote
I like the DHC makeup oil
CLEAN,SOFT
POPO
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:09 am      Reply with quote
oily, only use it to remove mascara, it blur my vision but does not hurt much. only need to rinse off after using it.
dongss_1999
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased one because I heard the cleansing oil is effective for removing blackhead,but I found it does not work on blackhead. It is so oily for me after using it and the cleaning should be followed, so the skin become so dry

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
When people say this is effective, are they just talking about how well it works for taking off make up, or does it actually help clear up spots and acne too? Can this be used with the clarisonic?
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
The best cleansing oil i have used:

shu uemura (their cleasing oil is the best, b/c if you are running out of cleasing foam, and only have this oil at home, actually you can just use it to remove the makeup and cleansing your face, in 2 steps)

1. put your oil on your dry face (with makeup on ) with 3 to 4 pumps of shu uemura

2. add a few drops of lukewarm water to face to emulsify on your face.

3. wash off your HAND ONly and get few more drops of clean water, again further emulsify your face (** this step is really important, that i learned from the speicalist from Shu in Japan, this step make sure that all oil has mixed with your make up **)

4. rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.

5. Dry you skin

6. ** if you don't have cleasing foam at home, or just running out of cleasing foam, then plz repeat step 1 to 5 in order to clense your face and without drying out your skin and maintain a good level of skin oil on your face ***

I have tried Fancl, DHC, origins, Annasui, bobii brown and Shiseido makeup remover oil

and i found Shu is the best so far !!!!
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:39 am      Reply with quote
Ok so I finally tried a sample of it, and it is definitely really good at removing everything off your face. I did feel my skin to get a little tight, but nothing a little moisturizer can't fix! However, I prefer dermalogica's precleanse over this, but I haven't used DHC long enough to say much
hippie_sotong
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
i've tried this one and it works well though it left a slight oil residue on the face upon washing off. had to do a double cleanse..

i much prefer Fancl mild cleansing oil! but it is more expensive. DHC and Fancl tended to leave my vision blurry if i don't wash my eyes very thoroughly after removing eye makeup.

my favourite has to be Shu Uemura's cleaning oil (fresh) as it leaves no residue totally, kind on my eyes and my stubborn eyeliners come off easily but it is so so expensive Sad
jangaming
5% products discount

Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:16 am      Reply with quote
i like its cleansing oil too, but compare to the other brands, its quite expensive to me.

actually,cleansing oil is not that bad for different people. it really depends on your skin type. and i usually use my cleanser to wash my face after using the oil.

And i heard that you need to use warm water when washing the cleansing oil, as the warm water can emulsify the oil on your face.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |