Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Cheek bag thingies on cheekbones?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

Recently I am seeing this weird sort of slightly raised/chubby areas at the top of my cheekbones...kind of in a line from my eye area even though under my eyes I have no bags or anything. It is difficult to describe but very irritating..looks a bit like a shiner? I am told it has to do with fluid retention around PMS time, too much salt in diet but not sure. I see some Asian ladies with a similar thing sometimes and at times on my mom. Maybe its hereditary?

Do you know what I am talking about? Do you think tea bags may help or face massage. Its not a big deal and comes and goes but I find it irritating and looks ageing to me esp if I glance in the mirror and I swear I can see it; difficult to cover up at times.

Any ideas of busting these things?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
No one here seemed to know anything about this so FYI I did some research. The puffiness on the cheekbones are called festoons or more glamorously malar bags. Apparently, if your parents have puffiness there, then you are likely to have them. Thanks mom and dad! They are small deposits of fat and fluid that create a semi sort of line and puffiness on the cheekbones even if you have no wrinkles or bags around the eye area itself. Though I don't have bags per se, I get the puffiness from time to time. If this gets worse as I age (which I hazard I will: age that is Laughing ) it seems like surgery does little to correct it. It seems the best thing is the ole tea bag or ice cubes and maybe I lay off the eyedrops and staring down into the laptop for hours on end.

Anyone else who experiences this and have some tips do let me know esp. natural remedies that may work. I really hate seeing that faint line on top of my cheeks; some days more pronounced than others. It makes me look tired when I am tired which is bad but I am kind of paranoid that I will have the real bags when I am older.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Hello Blacklace,
I get those 'pouches' on top of my cheekbones when I forget and carry Vitamin E cream too far under my eyes.
After a few days they flatten again when I'm more careful and use something else, such as Vitamin A cream.
So it might be worthwhile to check everything you put on your face, and then use a process of elimination to find what is the culprit in your particular case.
HTH
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Holmes,
Thanks so much for that. I was using both PTR Power K and Cellcosmet on my eye area; The PTR three times per week. When you say too far what do you mean? I do tend to rub in my eyecreams a bit beyond the undereye area. I am noticing it comes and goes but would like to pin point what is triggering it. Essentially it seems to be fluid retention around the eye area. Maybe I am overdoing the eyecreams? Thanks for the advice as this is my main pet peeve at the moment.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Hello Blacklace,
The 'pouches' occur when I don't keep the Vitamin E cream immediately under the eye area but take it too far down towards my cheeks.
I've looked up the ingredients of Cellcosmet Eye Contour but cannot find in depth information - perhaps a full list of ingredients are on the package?
With regard to the PTR Power K, I see that the Vitamin K is in liposomes.
The Vitamin E cream I use has the Vitamin E in liposomes.
Could liposomes be the problem? Or something completely different?
Here is the full list of ingredients:-
Aqua, Cetomacrogol Emulsifying Wax, Petrolatum, di-Alpha
Tocopheryl Acetate, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, CI 19140.
HTH
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
You can always try some sort of massage to see if you can promote lymphatic drainage. I don't really know anything about this myself, but I recall that instructions for some cleansers tell you to tap lightly on that area, working your way towards the inner corner of the eyes.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Holmes/BBD,

I think PTR might be the culprit and I will definitely consider face massage. I will have a look at cellcosmet ingredients. I have the genetic tendency to get this puffiness which is quite annoying. Again thanks!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |