Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: My rave...Obagi (w/Pics)!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry girls but I'm headed out of town for a week and probably won't get to all of your questions. Hopefully this will cover some of them at least.

Total cost was around $300 for the Obagi system plus $25 for the retin-a. It is expensive but I have almost half of each product left after using these daily for 18 weeks!

I don't feel I would have been able to achieve these results without all of the products in the lineup, although I did use the exfoderm less than the others as I was peeling well enough without it most of the time. As far as the active products, the cleanser and toner are not active but are pH balanced for this system which is why I just bought the entire kit. The clear is HQ 4% and has lactic acid, the exfoderm is basically an AHA and the blender is 4% HQ that somehow helps the retin-a penetrate more deeply. I don't pretend to be an expert on this system but that is what I've read.

Ruk1 - all of the products listed in my routine above compromise the entire Obagi Nu Derm system with the exception of the retin-a which is prescription only.

I think that was all of them. Sorry to post this and run out on you but I will check for more questions as soon as I get back. Very Happy
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Wow your results are impressive. You face is so much brighter now. Congratulations.

When I first read about this system in this forum, I had an impression that this a pretty hard core treatment, a lot of ugliness that people mentioned, but now I can visualize the results it's definitely worth trying.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Shock Those are really amazing results.
Now I have to look into this line. Thanks for sharing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Your skin looks Fab! Very soft, healthy looking.

Amylola
the first 3 weeks of retin a use I got cystic type pimples too (and i rarely get pimples)but they disappeared after a few weeks and am now starting to see good results with the cream.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Wow, i'm shocked by your results. Your skin looks amazing. I'd love to give Obagi a try now after seeing what it's done for your skin!
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:49 am      Reply with quote
The result is amazing and i am not surprise as i had used obagi system in the past. I was only 25 and it was really good, people thought i was only 18 and would not beleive i am 20's. I only used it for 6 weeks or 8 weeks and i agree that this is something you dont use everyday. Maybe about 2 months in a year is my opinion.

This is the only skincare program that really gave me a fantastic result.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Beautiful results Tamgirl!! If I weren't so afraid of the long period of peeling and redness (and have a DH who questions all my magic potions and what they're doing to my skin Confused ) I'd love to give it a try. I'm dealing w/ melasma on my chin and some residual brown spots from overly aggressive extracting acne on my part.

Hope you're having a fun vacation Smile

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Wow, amazing results! You have beautiful skin.
Don't you wish all product reviews included before and after pics! It's so nice to see actual results from board members. Thanks so much for sharing.
Shoba
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Tam, please keep use it, don't make the mistake that i made by stop using it, after 6 years.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Tamgirl, your skin is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing the info on the exact product names and cost.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
WOW! That IS amazing!!! I have major hyperpigmentation (well, I think it's major!) and I have tried so many things that didn't work. This is definitely something I might try down the road or go the route of laser or something. Thanks for sharing the photos!
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:35 am      Reply with quote
As everyone else has already said...what a wonderful result! I have never used any Obagi products, so was curious to open this thread. Although you put out a fair chunk of change for the product regimen, it is clear you got a fabulous return on your investment
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using Obagi right now too, and I'm on my 6th week now, but I don't seem to have the same dramatic results you're having. Probably because I only have a few spots, but each spot is pretty darkly coloured and I have a tight control on its effect on my skin when it starts turning bad. Plus the retin-A is making the vellus hairs on my cheeks darker.

Did you say that one cycle is 18 weeks? My derm said I would have to use it for at least 1 month and clearly my 1 month is up. Is the recommended cycle 18 weeks or did you just decide to use it for that long? I know you're not supposed to use HQ daily for the entire year but how long max could I use it for?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Kareberry, I am not tamgirl, but I know this from the nurse I go to. A full obagi cycle is 18 weeks, but some dermatologists recommend even longer than that. I have read you should not use HQ any longer than 3 months at a time before you take a break from it, but clearly obagi is a little longer than that. Have you gone to obagi.com? They used to have a lot of information on the site about the cycles, etc (3 cycles of 6 weeks each for the total of 18 weeks). HTH!
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:29 am      Reply with quote
Your results are truly amazing! What a great testimonial for Obagi. Although it is expensive, the products really do deliver. How many times have we been suckered into buying overpriced dream creams only to be disappointed. Your skin looks fabulous & totally worth every penny.

JM has just cleared my skin of acne, but I still have hyperpigmentation/scarring issues. I am now seriously considering either trying the entire Obagi system for the 18 week cycle (kind of scared of potential breakout though), or just incorporating the clear & blender into my current JM routine, which also includes retin a. Do you think this would be effective?

combo/acne prone skin/naturally tan-nc 42: HG so far: Pure Minerals Mineral Melt cleanser for OCM, JM bioglycolic cleanser, JM bioclear, EII, Sofina Nuance Up, SK-II airtouch fdn, Vincent Longo lip stain in Baby Boo & My Sunshine, Kevyn Aucoin Apricot Tansoleil blush
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Wow, this is wonderful pictures. Keep it up. I will consider their products as well.
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, that's awesome! IF my acne ever lets up (I hope!) I might try this system to get rid of the scars. Unfortunately, I wouldn't want to try it unless my breakouts stop.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Tamgirl, thanks for posting your before and after pics. What a difference! Dancing

And, I'm saying this after I saw the 1st photo and was like, what's there to change.... Now I can see what brightening does to lift your face and make you look younger. Your dedication really paid off nicely!

5% products discount

Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Shock
what a total transformation! Thanks for sharing, I wish more people would post pics of their success stories, a picture tells a thousand words (and sells a thousand products too Wink ).

I am impressed with Obagi and the way it's changed your skin. I have a few pigmentation issues, can be hidden under light makeup. Is there anything that is a lighter or spot-treatment version of this?
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
skim wrote:
Wow, that's awesome! IF my acne ever lets up (I hope!) I might try this system to get rid of the scars. Unfortunately, I wouldn't want to try it unless my breakouts stop.

Hi skim. Have you tried JM's bioglycolic cleanser & bioclear? It's the only thing that's managed to clear me up.

combo/acne prone skin/naturally tan-nc 42: HG so far: Pure Minerals Mineral Melt cleanser for OCM, JM bioglycolic cleanser, JM bioclear, EII, Sofina Nuance Up, SK-II airtouch fdn, Vincent Longo lip stain in Baby Boo & My Sunshine, Kevyn Aucoin Apricot Tansoleil blush
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Amazing results!
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
leidon wrote:

Hi skim. Have you tried JM's bioglycolic cleanser & bioclear? It's the only thing that's managed to clear me up.

I ordered a JM product for my mom and I am getting a trial size of the bioglycolic cleanser and lotion. I asked for a sample of Bioclear as a free gift. If I don't get it with the order, I am going to order it. I am dying to try. At this point, I am desperate to get my skin in the condition it was a year ago. It's so horrible right now-- ugly red and purple marks and clogged pores and bumps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
This might be a dumb question, but it seems like Obagi works because it dries out your skin and causes it to peel and reveal new skin over and over again. Can't you get this same effect by using a strong Benzoyl Peroxide topical and a lightening serum?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
WOW ~~~ thanks for your wonderful sharing!!
I have been using Obagi for more than 2 years and I am satisfied with the result. Very Happy But I did not take close up photos! Razz

I have a question about Retin-a. Is it not available in EDS?

I use Blender at night, no Retin-a.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Retin A is a prescription product here in the US, so not available on EDS. There are a few pharmacies online that you can order from, though without going to see a doctor.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |