Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: My rave...Obagi (w/Pics)!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sugar922

Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
skim wrote:
This might be a dumb question, but it seems like Obagi works because it dries out your skin and causes it to peel and reveal new skin over and over again. Can't you get this same effect by using a strong Benzoyl Peroxide topical and a lightening serum?

I think the peeling with Obagi is from a chemical reaction with the Retin A, not necessarily from drying the skin. I use Retin A (not with Obagi) every other day, but my skin is not dry.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
WOW~~ amazing result... I am going to buy this product!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
I feel like every time I attempt to use retinA products, I break out in big cyst like pimples. I still try to use it though, but now just under my eyes.
Its frustrating b/c I want the benefits of the retinA but not the pimples.

Are you sure it's okay to use Retin A under your eyes? I'd always heard to avoid the sensitive skin in that area. Some eye creams, etc. are formulated with retinol, but full-on derm-prescribed Retin-A is pretty strong stuff - just want to make sure you're not doing any damage! Confused

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
when i was on the obagi regime I used retin-A (with extra Blender) under the eyes--according to the obagi website this is fine if you can tolerate it. HOWEVER, I did look about 80 years old with all the peeling, but the end result was amazing.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I enjoy all your pics. They are great!
Thanks for sharing your pics with us! Smile Smile Smile

TAMgirl99 wrote:
As many of you know, I have been on the Obagi system for a while now. I just completed the 18 week regimen that the manufacturer and derms recommend as an intense treatment. My derm and I both agree that this line should only be used for this treatment purpose and not as part of one's every day routine so I will not be continuing with the products except for maybe 1-2 treatments per year as needed.

I went on this system primarily for hyper-pigmentation issues as I've done a lot of tanning in my younger days and as a result have LOTS of damage to undo. Fortunately, Obagi has exceeded my expectations in this area as you will see from my pics.

Before I post the before/after pics, I want to explain a few things about them first. I did slightly enhance each pic using the "slightly sharpen" feature. This was only to help you see the detail on the sunspots/freckles. However, I enhanced the after pics in the exact same manner so that they would be true comparisons. The lighting is also the same but it does intensify brown pigment more than normal lighting which is why I used it on both.

The other point I want to mention is that in a couple of the after pics, some of my deeper lines look deeper than the befores. However believe me when I say this is not the case but a problem of having my neck turned and my mouth slightly cocked which I was completely unaware of. I will say that Obagi didn't appear to do anything for these deeper creases but did greatly minimize fine lines around my eye area. However, these were so fine they didn't show up in either set of pics so I excluded this area altogether.

So, without further ado....here are my hideous befores and much more lovely afters! (I'm still in shock at how bad my skin was before...even my bf is shocked as he never noticed the pigmentation issues before)

Before:
After:

Before:
After:

Before:
After:
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
The first time you tried Retin-A, you will sort-of break-out your pimples. Afterwards, it will start to diminish. Be patient. You will see the results in no time... Also, don't put too much Retin-A, just a little like pea-size only.... Happy using! Smile Smile Smile

ginnielizz wrote:
amylola wrote:
I feel like every time I attempt to use retinA products, I break out in big cyst like pimples. I still try to use it though, but now just under my eyes.
Its frustrating b/c I want the benefits of the retinA but not the pimples.

Are you sure it's okay to use Retin A under your eyes? I'd always heard to avoid the sensitive skin in that area. Some eye creams, etc. are formulated with retinol, but full-on derm-prescribed Retin-A is pretty strong stuff - just want to make sure you're not doing any damage! Confused
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
WOW! Thanks everyone! I'm so glad I could help. I definitely wanted to take before and after pics as I knew this was an expensive investment. Although if you think about it, it's about the same if not less than one laser treatment and much easier on the skin, at least if you take it slow like I did. Happy to help! Very Happy
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
great results Shock. but i don't think i have the commitment to do something intense like this for 18weeks.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
dsq wrote:
great results Shock. but i don't think i have the commitment to do something intense like this for 18weeks.

Nah, it wasn't intense for me at all. I just took my time and would back off for a day or two if I started getting to red/irritated. The 18 weeks flew.
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
WOW! TAMgirl99, what amazing results. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Whats your maintenance routine now? After seeing your results I want to try it too, but I would like to know what I do after 18 weeks.

Thanks Rose

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Here is my maintenance plan:

AM: cleanse/tone
Super GHK (copper)
Moisturizer of sorts, nothing very active

PM: cleanse/tone
Alpha Hydrox 12% AHA souffle

Two nights per week I will use retin-a (.05%) and follow with more GHK.

HTH! Very Happy
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:36 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99, what a valuable resource that you have documented your experience.

I remember about 6 years ago, my mom's skin was severely damaged due to a trip to one of the beaches in San Diego, and she went on the Obagi routine (not sure if it's the same one you were on but i do know she had soo many obagi bottles all lined up), and it was painful as hell for her i remember, but the results came out fantastic and her pores were tiny too.

I would want to go on just for the poreless effect it gives.

Thanks for sharing!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Tamgirl99 thanks for sharing your pics. The change is amazing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Hey, Tamgirl - I see your maintenance routine, but how about any of the obagi products (clear and blender, etc), do you plan on using any of those like for a 6 week period for maintenance? Thanks in advance! Because of you, I am starting my obagi tomorrow! Very Happy
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Hey, Tamgirl - I see your maintenance routine, but how about any of the obagi products (clear and blender, etc), do you plan on using any of those like for a 6 week period for maintenance? Thanks in advance! Because of you, I am starting my obagi tomorrow! Very Happy

Nope! My derm and I both believe that HQ should not be used long term.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Great result!! Congratulations...
Illusions

Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99,
Thank you for posting the pics, it has been very helpful to see the results! After reading your post, I started on Obagi yesterday. It has been confusing with all the information out there, that says if you quit using it, your face will return to it's previous state?
Also, now after your 18 weeks, are you getting your maintanence products from this site?
Thanks again for all your help, now I have to take my before picture! Shock
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I, too, started obagi yesterday. Tamgirl, how much of the product did you use daily? Meaning, did you follow the 1 gram, 1/2 gram, etc? Thanks in advance!
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Tamgirl, your results are amazing. Was your skin super flaky at all? Were you able to wear foundation during the day without a lot of flakes or having it go on too "cakey"? Thanks!!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi all!

Illusions - I am not using Obagi products anymore, with the exception of the cleanser/toner (non-active). And no, my face is not returning back to the way it was. This is why my derm recommends maintaining the results with a high strength AHA product (i.e. AlphaHydrox).

rileygirl - I stuck with 1/2 gram of retin-a (.05%) + 1/2 gram of blender at night. I used about 1/2 gram of the clear and exfoderm as well, although I wasn't that specific with either of those two.

msaries1 - my skin did get really flaky in the beginning, but that was when I'd supplement with a good moisturizer throughout the day to keep them at bay. I don't wear foundation so this wasn't an issue for me. Liquid would probably work okay, not great, but powder would just make the flakes more visible.

HTH and those who have started the system please keep us posted!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Tamgirl. I tried the 1 gm and man that is a lot of product and takes forever to rub all in! I'll try the 1/2 gm. Day 3 for me - no problems yet. Noticed 1 tiny little flake on my chin area, otherwise doing fine so far!
Illusions

Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Tamgirl, Thank you so much for responding. It is good to know your skin is staying in good shape, I bet it is alot less expensive with maintanence.
I am on day 3, and staring to really feel the burn now, I keep forgetting to take my before picture. Thanks again!
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Tamgirl, were you very red or just kinda pink? I saw that you mentioned you'd just back off if you got irritated, but I was wondering if it LOOKS like you're in the middle of a "procedure." Sorry for all the questions, but I'm so anxious to try something that will actually work for my hyperpigmentation. I am getting scary looking!! Crying or Very sad
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:29 am      Reply with quote
msaries1 wrote:
Tamgirl, were you very red or just kinda pink? I saw that you mentioned you'd just back off if you got irritated, but I was wondering if it LOOKS like you're in the middle of a "procedure." Sorry for all the questions, but I'm so anxious to try something that will actually work for my hyperpigmentation. I am getting scary looking!! Crying or Very sad

My face got a little sunburned look to it in the beginning. Definitely not tomato red though. It just looked as if my skin was a bit flushed. I didn't really back off depending on color, but only if my skin was starting to hurt beyond what I felt was comfortable.
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information and the pics, TAMgirl...I think you've inspired me to give it a try. I'm nervous about the flakiness and such, but I think I'll try it out and see what happens. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |