Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Review SkinMedica Vitamin C Complex
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:20 am      Reply with quote
CK wrote:
Just want to chime in to say I LOVE Skinmedica Vit C too! Very Happy Love its non-sticky texture and how it disappears into skin right after application leaving a matte finish. I'm definitely repurchasing it as I'm running out soon but will also give Vivier a try (received the 10% one from EDS with my last order).

CK, I have also tried the Vivier sample from EDS and have set my mind (sort of .. Smile ) on buying the 20% Vivier serum. Now I have read this thread and am having second thoughts ...
Since you have tried both products (Vivier & SkinMedia), can you advise on the difference you felt between them? TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:38 am      Reply with quote
lifeisbeautiful wrote:
CK wrote:
Just want to chime in to say I LOVE Skinmedica Vit C too! Very Happy Love its non-sticky texture and how it disappears into skin right after application leaving a matte finish. I'm definitely repurchasing it as I'm running out soon but will also give Vivier a try (received the 10% one from EDS with my last order).

CK, I have also tried the Vivier sample from EDS and have set my mind (sort of .. Smile ) on buying the 20% Vivier serum. Now I have read this thread and am having second thoughts ...
Since you have tried both products (Vivier & SkinMedia), can you advise on the difference you felt between them? TIA

As I live in hot, humid Asia, I have to say I much prefer the texture of Skinmedica C. The Vivier one looks like an oil and feels a bit tacky to me, but it disappears within a few minutes. Skinmedica C is a light lotion and I love the slip, the matte finish and how it disappears on skin instantly.
DoubleTrouble
5% products discount

Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I recently purchased this and I am so glad that I
did Very Happy It is the best and I've tried a lot of
them out there !

It is a silky texture and it does disappear
quickly into the skin. Great under make-up
primer.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
just type in skinmedica Vitamin C and you will find sample packs for sale, They are pretty cheap.I love this product sometimes when I am in a hurry and no time to put makeup on I just put this on, it makes my skin glow ....
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using cellular skin rx vit c. After I read this thread my next purchase must be skinmedica. I don't like texture of cellular skin rx.
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I really like that I don't have to worry about this Vit C going bad/turning colors and the texture is creamy and nice. One pump, dot all over face and spread. Sometimes another pump for neck/chest, same dot all over and then spread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:26 am      Reply with quote
CrazyForClooney,

Have you tried Vivier C 20%? If so, how do the 2 compare? I've been using Vivier C for over 6 months now, but I'm not sure if I've seen any brightening effect at all.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
CrazyForClooney wrote:
I really like that I don't have to worry about this Vit C going bad/turning colors and the texture is creamy and nice. One pump, dot all over face and spread. Sometimes another pump for neck/chest, same dot all over and then spread.

This product will be in my wish list. Next time after my Vitamin C runs out i'll buy it.

Thank for reviews.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I also use cellular skin rx c serum and love it so far. i am always looking for something new and better so this sounds awesome. i am confused, the skinmedica c serum i see on EDS costs $69.00. Is it this one: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/skinmedica-vitamin-c-comp-p_879.htm ?

kris

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, except it's $119 cdn. How does THAT work? Confused
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Should you refrigerate Vit C serums?
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Should you refrigerate Vit C serums?

You shouldn't have to. But people say it can keep the serum longer if you frige it. I couldn't bother since I dont have a mini fridge in my bathroom yet.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
where can I buy it from ebay? which seller sell in that price? Do you have a link?
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
To find it on Ebay, just enter "SkinMedica Vitamin C" and it will bring up the sites with the sales. I have to tell you though, I've only opened one packet and the sealed it well afterwards, but the next time I opened it, I noticed it was not as white as it should be. I'm wondering if the sample packs are old! There is no date on them.
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
If anyone is still following this thread you can get this at Skincarerx dot com for $71.50 US. If you put MUA20 in the promotion code box you'll get 20% off (before shipping). Don't know how long this code will be good for.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:02 am      Reply with quote
I recently started using Skinmedica Vit. C. I noticed that there's a slightly tingling sensation when I applied. I was surprised, as I thought that this formulation would not have low pH. I have also used Skinceuticals C+E Ferrulic but did not get tingling from that. So I wonder if the Skinmedica product has a lower pH than the Skinceuticals one?
Uno
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:08 am      Reply with quote
I just purchased my 2nd tube. I just love it. It seems to help fading my acne's leftover...
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Im reallly interested in buying this one. I just hope it will not dehydrate my skin like the other vitamin c i have used, which made me paranoid about vit c in general. With eds price on this product, im willing to try it. Hopefully it will give me glow like what their talking about.
Uno
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:59 am      Reply with quote
angel06 wrote:
Im reallly interested in buying this one. I just hope it will not dehydrate my skin like the other vitamin c i have used, which made me paranoid about vit c in general. With eds price on this product, im willing to try it. Hopefully it will give me glow like what their talking about.

I don't find it drying, but definitely not hydrating. But I do use a mositurizing toner before it.
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Uno wrote:
angel06 wrote:

I don't find it drying, but definitely not hydrating. But I do use a mositurizing toner before it.

Thanks Uno, im just paranoid with my experience. Hopefully this is really nice.
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
I recently purchased this and I find it so silky that I feel it is absorbed by my fingers before it even gets onto my facial skin. So I feel the need to keep using more as I can't tell if my face is getting any. Does that make any sense? Embarassed
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I was under the impression that if you're taking Vit. C in pill form you don't need it topically on your skin.

Well, after reading this topic I decided to give it a try and bid on some samples on Ebay.
rebeccaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Very good product, although a bit irritating Confused
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Gaby wrote:
I recently purchased this and I find it so silky that I feel it is absorbed by my fingers before it even gets onto my facial skin. So I feel the need to keep using more as I can't tell if my face is getting any. Does that make any sense? Embarassed

I had the same experience; I think there might be a reasonably high silicone content in the formula. I'm not an "anti-cone" - I quite like some silicone in certain products as they make good primers - but I didn't really get on too well with SkinMedica. I found it a bit drying, and it caused some breakouts. But, as is so often pointed out around here, we're all different and no matter how good or bad a review might be, you can only find out if it's good for you by testing. Samples are my best friend!
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Several people have referred to the 'cones in it. Which 'cones are included in this serum? THe only ingredients I see listed aren't 'cones are they????!!!

And pls correct me if I'm wrong, but was under the impression that SkinMedica, Obagi, Vivier are different divisions of one corporation. Not that it has nything to do with 'cones, but just formulation practices.

My first experience w VitC was w Obagi & I had a bad reaction to it. Learned later it has SLS in it which at the time of my purchase wasn't spelled out on EDS. See it still contains SLS!

TIA
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |