Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review SkinMedica Vitamin C Complex
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
h.kitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Here is the complete ingredient list for the SkinMedica C.

Ingredients: Cyclomethicone, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Polysilicone-11, Phytantriol, Ethoxydiglycol, Bisabolol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol

arya2 I will leave it for you to pick out the silicones. Wink

SkinMedica and Vivier are part of the same "group". I do not know about Obagi though.

Link to Vivier Pharma which indicates that SkinMedica is part of this group:

http://www.vivierpharma.com/index.php
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
h.kitty wrote:
Here is the complete ingredient list for the SkinMedica C.

Ingredients: Cyclomethicone, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Polysilicone-11, Phytantriol, Ethoxydiglycol, Bisabolol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol

arya2 I will leave it for you to pick out the silicones. Wink

SkinMedica and Vivier are part of the same "group". I do not know about Obagi though.

Link to Vivier Pharma which indicates that SkinMedica is part of this group:

http://www.vivierpharma.com/index.php

WOW!!! a 'cone as the first ingredient!!! Sooooo thank you for this and the wink....love it Laughing Will stay faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from this line.

Did I say faaaaar away? Laughing Laughing Laughing (Gotta have a laugh donchya...)

Arya
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I love skinmendica C,I think its the best C on the market.After you put it on your skin looks so good! Its not greasy or orange or sticky like other companies.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
I use Vivier 20% vita C, is the Skinmedica one better? What about Cellbone's that I have been reading about lately? That was going to be my next purchase.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
skin medica has the best vitamin c hands down, try it once you will be hooked I guarantee.Buy samples on ebay first to try.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:43 am      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
I use Vivier 20% vita C, is the Skinmedica one better? What about Cellbone's that I have been reading about lately? That was going to be my next purchase.

I've used both Vivier and SkinMedica and I MUCH prefer Vivier. I just don't really like the siliconey feeling of SkinMedica. I have nothing against using 'cones at all. I guess I just wasn't used to the feel of it. Plus I never saw any brightening of my skin from using SkinMedica. My boyfriend on the other hand prefers SkinMedica to Vivier.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
skinmelon wrote:

But, anyone used Vivier Vit C before, I have tried its sample but the full product is kind of pricey, that's why i go for skin medica first. I do like Vivier's Vit C as well as its other products. They are on my wish list.

Am i looking at the product products?

Cos the skin medica one is going for $119cdn/$120 USD (big big ouch. can we trust ebay? it's really so much cheaper!) while vivier is only $86cdn.

many thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have already order~ waiting for shipping!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone who has tried this serum have oily/combination skin? If so how did you find it?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Really nice to hear this product from Septembergirl. It's in my list.

Did anybody know whether it's effective in removing or reducing the Nasolabial folds?

Thank you.
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Gaby wrote:
This is the last update, I just found it from another ebay seller for $40.99, new in box. EDS sells it for over $100. I guess I am a naive shopper, but why shouldn't I buy it on ebay? Thanks for any info.

My suggestion is: don't go with ebay. As a former participant on ebay, their stuff is subject to great suspicion.
Fairrene
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I read somewhere that u use it in the morning.

Can i use it at night instead?
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:52 am      Reply with quote
Fairrene wrote:
I read somewhere that u use it in the morning.

Can i use it at night instead?

Yes, I believe it's a matter of preference whether you want to use it AM or PM.

It's usually advised to apply vit C serums in the morning because it gives some added sun protection, but of course you will get all the other benefits of the serum with night time use. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
I just started to use this continuously for the past week to help lighten post acne pigmentation and it has been a LONG time since I have used a C serum - since Skinceuticals I was very reluctant to try anything else because I always thought C was not suitable for congestion prone skin. The formulation of SkinMedica is excellent and does not cause any breakouts. I am currently on Differin so I alternate and it gives my skin the boost it needs to look brighter.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:57 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
I just started to use this continuously for the past week to help lighten post acne pigmentation and it has been a LONG time since I have used a C serum - since Skinceuticals I was very reluctant to try anything else because I always thought C was not suitable for congestion prone skin. The formulation of SkinMedica is excellent and does not cause any breakouts. I am currently on Differin so I alternate and it gives my skin the boost it needs to look brighter.

I agree. SkinMedica C Complex causes less clogged pores than the l-ascorbic acid serums with more watery consistency that I have been using.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
miranets wrote:

I agree. SkinMedica C Complex causes less clogged pores than the l-ascorbic acid serums with more watery consistency that I have been using.

agree, this is the best vit c!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Just got mine in and I do love it so far. Weird putting it on at first because I am use to the serum C's, so it took a while to figure out how much to use. I like the texture now that I am use to it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Anyone tried Skin Medica as well as Mama Lotion? any comparision between the both?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Product looks promising ....I am going to look into this!!!! Wink
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Fairrene wrote:
Anyone tried Skin Medica as well as Mama Lotion? any comparision between the both?

Skinmedica is for antioxidant protection and skin lightening/brightening. Mama lotion is more for exfoliation and mild resurfacing of skin, can help with reducing acne scars, some effect on pores (if you're lucky) and may lighten pigmentation but by a different mechanism to Skinmedica. You can use both together. Mama lotion first, wait 20 mins, then Skinmedica, then the rest of your skincare routine.
cawl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I have just ordered the skinmedica vit c and am super excited to hear it's qualities are helpful with anti-oxidants and lightening/brightening skin damage as these are the problems I would like to correct. I am a little concerned about the 'cones' I have never used a product (to my knowledge) that contains them so hopefully they don't clog pores. I will report on my results with this product in a couple of weeks
Fairrene
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to EDS forum ... after few mths of reading many posts, i finally can zoom down to my choice of Vit C- ie SkinMedica. So whether i use it day or nite, i will use this after toner and before moisturiser right? Must i wait for a while after applying Vit C before i put on moisturiser.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Fairrene wrote:
Thanks to EDS forum ... after few mths of reading many posts, i finally can zoom down to my choice of Vit C- ie SkinMedica. So whether i use it day or nite, i will use this after toner and before moisturiser right? Must i wait for a while after applying Vit C before i put on moisturiser.

Yes, the serum should be used after cleansing/toning. You should preferably wait 15 minutes after application before putting on moisturizer.

Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the Skin Medica C product in the past and I liked it but in my opinion nothing beats Cellex C Advanced Serum during the first week of opening the bottle. My skin always brightens and lines diminish greatly. It may be the tyrosine within the product combining the Ascorbic acid. Unless I see a study which proves the Skin Medica product is better I will stick with the Advanced C.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
afterthirty wrote:
I've used the Skin Medica C product in the past and I liked it but in my opinion nothing beats Cellex C Advanced Serum during the first week of opening the bottle. My skin always brightens and lines diminish greatly. It may be the tyrosine within the product combining the Ascorbic acid. Unless I see a study which proves the Skin Medica product is better I will stick with the Advanced C.

In this double-blind study conducted by Drs Fitzpatick & Rostan (2002) it's shown that the application of SkinMedica Vitamin C Complex "results in clinically visible and statistically significant reduction of facial wrinkling. The clinical improvement correlates with biopsy evidence of new formation of Type-1 Collagen." (quote). The study was published in Dermatological Surgery (a peer-reviewed journal) in 2002.
www.skin-medica.ru/docs/spesialist/VitC-Fitzpatrick-Low-Rez.pdf

Dr Tudorov, Smartskincare.com, has written an article about the benefits of an anhydreous vitamin C combo (like SkinMedica) with references to the study above.

Quote:

There is some evidence that combining water soluble and oil-soluble forms of vitamin C may provide synergistic skin benefits through broader antioxidant protection and better penetration.

(It's said in the article that no commercial product seems to be an anhydrous vitamin C combo. That's not correct because SkinMedica Vitamin C Complex is just that.)

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/anhydrous_vitc_combo.html

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |