Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream Light
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to bring this old thread back to life because I'm on the fence about trying this.

My skin is quite dry on my cheeks (scaly in areas) and around my eyes, but a bit oily and congested on my t-zone (classic combination). It's also very sensitive with mild rosacea.

I'd love to hear some input from those who have used this cream (as well as the regular rose day cream). We're getting closer to summer now (yay!), so maybe the regular formulation would be too heavy (?) I do use the Dremu oil, so I was thinking of incorporating that into my routine as well. Any advice and knowlegde/experience with these products would be greatly appreciated.
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
hey,
i would think that if the dremu oil is not to heavy for you, then the rose cream would be fine, either of them.
samanthalow
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
having tried the rich version of this cream, I thought the light version would be better for my oily but dehydrated skin. Wishful thinking! This cream gave me pimples and my skin feels oily after applying the cream. I don't think it ever fully absorbs into my skin. Used it as a body lotion instead.
southernsun
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Was applying the richer version for years until my skin didn't like it anymore for everyday use. I bought the lighter Rose Cream a few months ago and my skin gets along with it just fine. Must add, I don't apply the same stuff every day, I always have, for instance, four to five creams in the running, so I can't say if daily use for weeks would be the same. But with Hauschka I never had real issues, I only dislike the scents after longer use. Then I pause some months (or sometimes years) and love it again.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
I used it during my first pregnancy because i wanted "everything natural" Smile.
It's a very decent cream, rather rich and feels a bit too oily. But did a good job in terms of nutrition/ moisturizing. It's definitely better for colder/ drier seasons.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
gottaHAVEitALL wrote:
I've subscribed to the Saffron Rouge Inner Circle sampling program - basically, you get one package per month with different samples.

I got mine last night with... you guessed it... a sample of the Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream Light. I was soooo excited, because I've been dying to try this one.

Although I loved the rich version of the Rose Day Cream, it was slighly too rich for my combination skin.

I also signed up for the inner circle program!
Well, the light version does not dissapoint! It leaves the skin feeling like a rose petal, causes no shine, sinks right into the skin and smells divine!!!! I will be picking up the full size tube for sure!

Well done, Dr. Hauschka!
pomme_81
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
it's good for me on summer, but not enough for winter in paris.
kathyboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
way to heavy for sub tropical area's weather...
I used only once and leave it
winniewyf
5% products discount

Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:20 am      Reply with quote
i am combination skin in humid climate place. i think it is good for me in summer but too light for my two cheeks. it must be not enough for combination skin in winter
Banh
5% products discount

Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:01 am      Reply with quote
Most people like it but not me, its smell is too strong for me and it's not a good base to put makeup on, I like other Dr. H product though.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I just finished my first tube of Rose day Cream Light - I used it all summer (Canada) and found it a wonderful product which didn't leave my skin feeling shiny or greasy (I have an oily T-zone) and actually after prolonged use the shine all in all diminishes.

I am just concerned whether or not it will be sufficiently moisturizing for the harsh winter months....

Any suggestions?
nekosen
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
One of my friends tried this she said it really great and anti-aging. But it only fits ladies after 25, I think I may try it years later~
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
It seems like a nice product actually. I wonder about alcohol being one of the first ingredients-- maybe its naturally derived?
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I actually contacted Dr. Hauschka and they confirmed that this is a very mild alcohol - non-drying and all.

btw. I am after 25 (sigh) Smile

All I can say is that it's very very gentle and moisturizing enough- it's perfect to use as a base before makeup or powder.

I guess I would like to know if it will suffice for the winter, or should I get the full Rose Day cream?
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
OK maybe its not bad then! My skin gets red in response to some alcohols.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I hear ya. I tried an organic Australian cream before trying Dr. H Rose Day Light, and although the ingredients were all excellent, cept for the alcohol of course, every time I put it on my cheeks went red. And who likes red on their face?!
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Thats too bad. Actually alcohol can cause free radicals too. I read about it on futurederm.com
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Very possible, but I know why they add it - you almost must have some type of alcohol in emulsions... I don't think there is a way to avoid it.
Question is what kind of alcohol - some are really tough on skin, and some you won't even notice.
nekosen
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
I actually contacted Dr. Hauschka and they confirmed that this is a very mild alcohol - non-drying and all.

btw. I am after 25 (sigh) Smile

All I can say is that it's very very gentle and moisturizing enough- it's perfect to use as a base before makeup or powder.

I guess I would like to know if it will suffice for the winter, or should I get the full Rose Day cream?

I think Dr. H's products all can't cover in winter. I'm using the conditioner and it's very dry.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
so what would you recommend for winter?

I tried using Weleda's Baby Face cream as day cream, and it doesn't feel as good as Dr. H...
It makes my face shine...
nekosen
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
so what would you recommend for winter?

I tried using Weleda's Baby Face cream as day cream, and it doesn't feel as good as Dr. H...
It makes my face shine...

I think shining is no a bad thing~ ha~`
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:44 am      Reply with quote
LOL

I am not saying it's bad, I don't like it that's all. It's OK if I am going outside for a walk, but not ok for work. I am currently debating between Dr. H regular Rose day, and the light version.
mirandasum

Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Which one is better for dry skin in winter, REGULAR Rose Day Cream or Rose Day Cream LIGHT?
sweetnancy
5% products discount

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
I am eyeing on this right now. I like the smell of the original one. But it's way too rich for me. Kind of worried about the alcohol though...
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:41 am      Reply with quote
You know I was deliberating the same thing and ended up repurchasing the Light Rose day, works fine and it's winter - -20 celcius, seems to be fine. I don't want the shiny face look if the regular is too rich....
I guess it also depends on what skin type are you.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |