Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Turmeric Cream!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:55 am      Reply with quote
michelle411 wrote:
Razz to get the best selling turmeric cream that also has sandalwood in it(which is cooling) go onwww.ayurveda.com and look at their skincare and you will find turmeric cream. i forgot the companies name that makes it even though its in my bathroom at home! this website is reputable and has wicked low shipping fees!!!

Michelle,
What has the turmeric cream done for you skin? I'm trying to decide if I really need another cream. I'm a skincare junkie Smile.
michelle411
5% products discount

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
hi kdd2411, the turmeric cream i recommended is the most popular brand in ayurvedic skincare. the company that makes it is vicco, and this is one of only 3 or 4 products they specialize in. the cream has healed my skin very well. i've used it on my face for acne, i've used it on my legs for razor burn, in general it's just super healing and keeps skin clear, even toned, unblemished and healthy. there's just one downside- it smells, ALOT. the scent does seem to dissipate some but not much. Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:38 am      Reply with quote
pandora77 wrote:
Sounds like an interesting product. I know that taking Turmeric internally is supposed to be great for skin and anti-aging purposes so I'd love to try it in a cream. Years ago I found a recipe online for a face mask that said to add a teaspoon of turmeric. I did so and then plastered the whole lot on my face and left it for about 10 minutes. Needless to say the concoction left my skin dyed a luminous shade of yellow that was very embarrassing for me, when I had to go out! It did wash off after a few days though Embarassed .

P.S. Teabags, how much of the powdered turmeric do you add to the dermal clay cleanser?

Hiya

Erm, almost as much but not quite - does that make sense lol?!

i don't measure it or anything - just splodge, say a teaspoon or so of the cleanser onto my palm then shake maybe 3/4 of that amount in turmeric powder, mix it all up then massage it all in. to be honest, it's probably a different amount each time!

Ha ha - yes, with you on the nice shade of yellow though if you leave it for too long! my nails can go all yellow if i'm not careful to rub it all off lol!

Don't worry what people think - they don't do it very often. 36 year old light brunette with oily/congested skin - but no wrinkles yet though! Tan quite easily and like natural organic stuff on my skin - even better if it's homemade - and i'm a firm believer that beauty comes from within.
austin101

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:08 am      Reply with quote
The best turmeric cream on the market is from Passport to Organics - called Clear Face Turmeric Lotion. I just loved the scent, it smells fantastic! I loved that it did not irritate my sensitive skin and does not contain harsh chemicals! I love turmeric for fighting acne. Turmeric has helped my skin stop breaking out. I use it every day. Finally something that works! They also are the only ones that use certified organic turmeric, so you know you are not slathering chemicals on your skin, which does more harm than good. Very Happy You can find it on their website with free shipping Very Happy
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I know of DDF advanced firming cream Smile

only cuz I got 2 sample tubes of it a few weeks ago.
Have not tried it yet but I know it costs $130 US for the 50ml jar.

The sample tube I got was 15 ml Smile
not sure where you can get samples because I bought something a while ago and got that with my order.

EDS I'm pretty sure sells DDF Smile

anyways, gotta go work on the resume Smile
Merita

Sun May 22, 2016 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
There are n number of beauty products in market which include turmeric as the main ingredient. Turmeric because of its anti-inflammatory property is widely used to reduce acne. But the creams and powders which we get from market are contain only a small % of turmeric and there are more of other chemicals in it. Its always good to buy fresh turmeric as a whole, grind them and apply. Its very difficult to get fresh turmeric in market though. I usually buy from Horton Spice Mills Canada.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2016 1:57 am      Reply with quote
I haven't heard of particular creams, but do know a lot of diyers use turmeric in their own diy cleansers and masks. If you youtube it you will come across many suggestions for masks you can do and the effects that people say they have had are quite amazing.
Angelcat47
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2016 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've also heard that it's an excellent antioxidant.
johndoe1125
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2016 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
There are a few guides online to making DIY turmeric topicals/facemasks and stuff like that
productwhore

Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I recently bought Turmeric + Vitamin C Brightening Serum with Coffee Oil and SPF 15 from Organic Vitality on Etsy.
However, then I started using Obagi Nu Derm and have only been using the Turmeric one occasionally so it's hard to tell how helpful it is...but I wanted to put her products out there. Owner seems very knowledgeable and definitely helpful!
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:07 am      Reply with quote
May be you can find in food stores
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Tumeric is the spice, curcumin is the key active substance category in the spice.

You are better off searching for a curcumin cream, as tumeric is only 10% curcumin. This is not a single molecule, but a collection (curcuminoids to be more exact) that may be the most studied and best documented botanical in existence. It is powerfully antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and ant-cancer. The problem is that it is very poorly absorbed, both in the gut and through skin. Look for products with liposomal curcumin, and even more preferably nanolipid encapsulated. Much better absorption with nanotechnology.

To get a feel for the wonders of this stuff, go to Pubmed online and simply search on "curcumin". Close to 10,000 scientific papers, many quite impressive. Try "curcumin reviews" for overviews. If you do search "curcumin skin" you will see about 350 quality papers.

I'm favorably impressed with curcumin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like it does the same thing as Arnica cream. I use that stuff all the time. Fasciablasters best friend.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I have Andralou tumeric and vitamin c serum. It is under $30.00 cdn.

I also have on order a tumeric serum from Garden of Wisdom.

5% products discount

Thu May 04, 2017 12:39 am      Reply with quote
Turmeric is loaded with anti-septic and anti-bacterial contents, making it a powerful home remedy for ear infection. It has curmin to promote the healing of the wounds. Add pinch of turmeric to 4 tbsp. of warm water. Dip a cotton ball into a solution and squeeze the extra water. Dab it over affected part so the ear gently. Repeat it twice in a day to see improvement.
sharky2
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2017 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I take turmeric supplements and cook with it. It needs oil to be more bioavailable some studies suggest black pepper also.

For a topical I use turmeric in yogurt as a face mask. I use this about once per week. It is anti -inflammatory so it helps with redness.
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2017 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I use a great Turmeric mask from https://imfabulouscosmetics.com/collections/masks/products/tumeric-healing-mask

An incredible ayurvedic healing face mask created with Turmeric, Manjistha, Neem and Multani Matti to brighten up your skin!
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Try this link?

https://www.womenshealth.com.au/turmeric-face-mask

" use 1 heaping teaspoon plain Greek yogurt in my mask. According to Dr. Hadley King, dermatologist at SKINNEY Medspa, yogurt “contains lactic acid that provides gentle exfoliation by dissolving dead skin cells. This helps create a healthy glow, prevent acne, diminish fine lines, and decrease discolorations.”
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I got given GOLDEN GRIND MIRACLE FACE MASK WITH TUMERIC for Christmas and just used it for the first time.

It's very moisturizer and smells amazing but not from the smell of Tumeric, but Sandalwood and Orange which are ingredients in this mask

Here is a link:

https://goldengrind.com.au/collections/skincare/products/turmeric-face-mask
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |