Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Best Cleanser to use with Clarisonic
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to find the best cleanser for use with the Clarisonic.

My skin is prone to congestion and acne, so I want one that really DEEP cleans, and also foams up and washes away all make up.

I have used Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Splash Away Foaming Cleanser in the past. It works pretty well, but I have a mistrust of the big beauty houses in general - there often seem to be other less well marketed brands that are better value for money and more effective (like all the stuff on EDS!).

I am, shock horror, using plain soap right now, which is not great for my skin and too drying. Also probably effects the pH badly.

Would prefer to avoid too many unnecessary chemcials on my skin too.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you Smile
junassara
5% products discount

Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I have a clarisonic also and I LOVE IT!!! it is so cool...I use a Kate Somerville Cleanser, Detox Daily Cleanser and it is for acne prone skin. It always takes off my MU and *bonus* it is here on EDS!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Its hard to find a cleanser that does the whole job, I suggest a good cleansing oil to remove MU then use a cleanser with your Clarisonic. IMO using the Clarisonic to remove MU is a bad idea--1. You are grinding MU into your skin rather than cleaning out your pores, 2. All that residue/bacteria is just lingering in your brush awaiting your next use, 3. Using your brush this way may shorten its lifespan=money down the drain. Again just my opinion.

You might want to look into the Triple Lavender Face Foam here on EDS from Naturderm. I hear great things about it, will be my next purchase.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
i've used several cleansers with my clarisonic, including the triple lavender face foam, and find that my faves are purity and zenbiotic face and body cleanser. although my skin is oily and i normally like gel/foaming cleansers, personally with the clarisonic i like cleansers that are a bit creamier/richer, seems to give better 'slip' to the brush. Smile
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:13 am      Reply with quote
For years I have used Topix Resurfix Ultra Gentle Cleanser as my "safe" cleanser--never causes breakouts, never over-dries.

It is gel-like and lathers slightly, and it turns out to be great with the Clarisonic--has good slip. The only downside is that while it is not particularly expensive (approx. $9) I have to order it online and pay for shipping. I recently bought two and used a coupon for free shipping and was very happy with my purchase.
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:09 am      Reply with quote
This is all brilliant advice, thanks.

Hmm Vonstella you are making some very good points there about the make up being ground in. I think you're right.

I'll try removing the make up first ... what kind of cleansing oil do you recommend? I don't like petrochemical ones. Could I use emu oil? Will then need a great cleanser to really get rid of all the oily residue.

I agree I like creamier/richer cleansers with the Clarisonic to provide more slip, and they have to foam a little too.

Is the Kate Somerville one creamy/foamy?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
chickenlittle wrote:
This is all brilliant advice, thanks.

Hmm Vonstella you are making some very good points there about the make up being ground in. I think you're right.

I'll try removing the make up first ... what kind of cleansing oil do you recommend? I don't like petrochemical ones. Could I use emu oil? Will then need a great cleanser to really get rid of all the oily residue.

I agree I like creamier/richer cleansers with the Clarisonic to provide more slip, and they have to foam a little too.

Is the Kate Somerville one creamy/foamy?

I use Boscia Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil. You can find it a Saphora or online for around 21 bucks. It rinses totally clean and removes eye makeup.

Ingredients: Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-20 Hexacaprylate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Epilobium Angustifolium (Willowherb) Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit (Rose Hips) Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Eucalyptus Oil, Menthol, Dextrin Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copper Chlorophyll, Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin.

I wouldnt use pure Emu oil, its too heavy. If you want to use a regular oil use jojoba.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
junassara
5% products discount

Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:28 am      Reply with quote
no KS is not a creamy cleanser(it does have slip though) and it does foam ....ummm they offer samples from their site if you want to try it and right now ground shipping is free(I think). I have an email with a code for free shipping but I don't think you can request samples by online ordering...I always call and get them but I'm sure if you mention it (the shipping)they will do it for free for you.
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for more great info! Very Happy

I checked out the KS site ... problem is I live in the UK. But I have emailed them anyway, asking for some samples, maybe they will take pity ... Crying or Very sad

Did you see the pink Clarisonic on the KS site? How cute is that?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
chickenlittle wrote:

I checked out the KS site ... problem is I live in the UK. But I have emailed them anyway, asking for some samples, maybe they will take pity ... Crying or Very sad

You can get the KS from EDS.

chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, if I get KS I'll get it from EDS.

Would love to try samples before i buy though ...

I'll look into the other recommended cleansers too.

I do love the Clarisonic ... hmm must change my brush.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
chickenlittle wrote:
Would love to try samples before i buy though ...

Oh, right! Embarassed

juliejuliejulie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:31 am      Reply with quote
chickenlittle wrote:

You should try the Dermalogica Pre Cleanse. Dermologica makes lots of little sample packets, so it should be easy to get a hold of one. The main oil is Kukui nut oil and it rinse of with water.

There is a review here:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=13590
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
chickenlittle wrote:

I e-mailed them a week ago asking if they send samples to Canada, and if they did would I have to pay a shipping fee. I still not have heard back. So much for good customer service. I think I'll just stick with EDS and pray that the next time I open my package I get a surprise KS sample.
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Ha, I won't hold my breath for Kate Somerville samples then! Rolling Eyes My next order for EDS won't be for a little while, but I will ask and hope then ...

Dermalogica oil sounds very nice, I'm going to check the ingredients and research.

Eventually I'll find my HG pre-cleanse oil and creamy foaming cleanser!

Thanks all
CaryBear
5% products discount

Thu May 27, 2010 6:19 am      Reply with quote
The one I have found to work best with my clarisonic is Dermaglow Correction Gel cleanser.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2010 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I Rhassoul soap. I agree most cleansers are too harsh to use with the Clarisonic.
http://www.ncnproskincare.com/rhassoul-facial-cleansing-bar.html

I haven't used a cleanser in years that I like as much as this.
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Clarisonic and I definitely use Dermalogica PreCleanse before I use my normal cleanser with the brush. It is just a great habit to get into to do a double cleanse to make sure that your skin is truly clean.

I love Dermalogica Pre Cleanse because it is the oil cleansing method with the massage, then you add water to help it rinse off. So there is no threat to unnecessary oil left on the skin. Since I have been using this twice a day with my Clarisonic brush and a normal cleanser, breakouts have definitely gone down and my congestion has disappeared!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:19 am      Reply with quote
HOW ABOUT THOSE CLEANSER COME ALONG WITH MIA? DO THEY WORTH TO REPURCHASE?
fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Serious Skincare's Glycolic Cleanser works very well with the clarisonic.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
I Rhassoul soap. I agree most cleansers are too harsh to use with the Clarisonic.
http://www.ncnproskincare.com/rhassoul-facial-cleansing-bar.html

I haven't used a cleanser in years that I like as much as this.

To the OP, sorry for the guano, but Gretchen, I checked out this link and I'm so intrigued. Can you tell me what you love about it? Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Miss Tina wrote:
I have the Clarisonic and I definitely use Dermalogica PreCleanse before I use my normal cleanser with the brush. It is just a great habit to get into to do a double cleanse to make sure that your skin is truly clean.

I love Dermalogica Pre Cleanse because it is the oil cleansing method with the massage, then you add water to help it rinse off. So there is no threat to unnecessary oil left on the skin. Since I have been using this twice a day with my Clarisonic brush and a normal cleanser, breakouts have definitely gone down and my congestion has disappeared!

I checked out the pre-cleanser and I think I may jump on it soon!

What do you use are your daily cleanser?
POPO
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:36 am      Reply with quote
had ordered 5 brushes, now had to consider what cleanser suit for the best.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Can you use cleansers that have those tiny exfoliating microbeads? I just spent $20 on Oil of Olay's Pro-X cleanser and I don't want to toss it out. Would it be too harsh on my skin -- ProX + Mia? I don't want to be skinned alive. Shock
Guppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:35 am      Reply with quote
What do you guys thin about using cleansers that have glycolic acid them (i.e. MD Forte cleansers)? Has anyone tried these with clarisonic?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |