Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

HELP - ENLARGED PORES!!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
I need some serious HELP with my skin. Ironically, I know a lot about skin, and due to that I now have clear skin. The problem is that I have very obvious enlarged pores. This is from years of acne, acne scars, and using highly exfoliating products to try and keep the gunk out of my now enlarged pores.

I feel like I have tried soooo many products, yet they either clog my pores or make it break out. I really wonder if any of you ladies have had good results from anything, that has reduced your pore size. I am in my mid thirties, and finally have clear skin after a decade of fighting acne.

Thanks, I need some good advice, as I am not feeling too attractive!!!

Feliz
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Did using exfoliating products increase your pore size? Do you mind if i ask what you used? is this a manual exfoliation product? i would think exfoliating would help keep your pores clean and result in smaller looking pores. Confused
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
There are load of pore minimizing products on the market and the one that springs is Estee Lauders got great reviews have not tried it yet
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
HI,
Thanks for the reply. I have used: Green Apple Peel (juice beauty), Proheal Serum, Super Serum, Active Serum (Is Clinical), Normalizing Day oil, Clarifying toner (Dr.Hauschka), other vitamin C serums (Vivier/Cellex C), and Blue Flame Purification treatment, with the physical exfoliant from (Astara), as well as the Facial steam and Clay Mask from Dr. Hauschka.

I am sure I have tried more!! Perhaps the exfoliation products have made my pores larger, yet I think its from having skin problems for a long time, and doing WAY too many extractions.

I was just wondering if someone has had good results with a product that perhaps I have not tried, Thanks!!

Feliz
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to ask this same question, but for my boyfriend.

He has huge pores and easily irritated skin so I'm afraid of giving him the stuff I use.

When I went to sephora they recommended Dr. brandt's pores no more but I was hoping someone here can give some tried and true suggestions?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
I used to believe that there was something that could reverse the appearance of pores once they manifested on the skin, but with topical products I don't think that is possible - with the exception of strong peels and what not.

The best thing to do is
1. keep pores clean (dirt and sebum oxidise and turn dark to highlight pores)
2. keep pores tight (they will enlarge overtime if you abuse your skin)

Also, all those astringents and alcohol based products DO NOT work in the long term. Many people try strong products while damaging the actual skin surface, leading to bigger problems like dehydration and premature wrinkling.

I find that using regular clay masks to remove sebum also tightens the skin.

Once I tackle the issue of pore congestion and have clear skin, having "porous" skin is not really an issue since if you have a clear healthy complexion, people really do overlook porous texture.
pips
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Eve Lom cleanser has made mine smaller
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi Miranets,

WOW!! Thanks for the advice. I agree with you that having clear skin in itself is great, and looks nice and healthy. I will take your advice on the clay mask. How often do you use it? I have tried really strong exfoliating products and they really just dried my skin up, and made the acne scars even more apparent, or added new scar like areas on the skin. Do you have any products that you find work well to keep the skin clean, pores clean?

Thanks,

Feliz
pink_planet
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
I read from MUA that Pure Luxe's eraser works. I just ordered some. They said they'll ship it in 2 weeks cuz they ran out of stock. I'll try and see if that works. I also have clear skin with inherited huge pores with potential to grow bigger..
juliejuliejulie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
I read that microdermabrasion helps with enlarged pores, but I haven't tried it. Does anyone have any experience with it? I'm trying to make progress on my oily skin (t zone) and large pores (on either side of my nose) with the following:

am:
Osea Cleansing Mudd
homemade Ylang-Ylang normalizing oil
Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel
Jurlique Rose Silk Dust

pm:
clarasonic + Komenuka Bijin foaming cleanser
MD Skincare Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel (few times a week)
retin-a creme
Biozn Zinc serum

If this doesn't work, I might start seriously looking @ the microdermabrasion.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Don't bother with Dr Brants Pores No More. It doesn't do anything except act as a primer to smooth skin before foundation, it also has a tint in it. Its not a bad product just didn't do as the name claimed.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
pink_planet, I tried Pure Luxe before. It's just a primer before u put on foundation to disguse the pores smaller. It won't do anything in the long run to help with pores size.

It does seem to make pores smaller cuz it contains silicone but I'm afraid this might clog the pores more in the long run. Sad
Pinup_Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Glycolic products and regular exfoliation help. Also, I use Clinique's Poor Minimizer before my makeup and won't be without it.
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
I think Retin-A do help!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
The pores on my chin and nose have enlarged as I have gotten older. Never have I had a problem with pimples until the last few years. I occasionally break out on my chin.

Last month I purchased the Clarisonic System from EDS. I absolutely love the way it keeps the pores in my T Zone clean. I have not had an eruption since using it. My pores appear smaller. I assume the pores look smaller as they are extremely clean. I use the Clarisonic with a delicate brush twice a day.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
SylphideNoir
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Brandt has been quoted as saying that flaxseed thins sebum and shrinks pores. Never tried it but an interesting thought.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I too would also like to know if there is anything. I'm 23 and I've always had enlarged pores in my t-zone area (a little on the forehead, inner cheeks and especially my nose..blah) anyway, recently i've found random really large pores (2 to be exact) on my nose and they are sooo noticable in comparison to the rest of my skin. Even if there is possibly nothing i can buy on the market to minimize them..

I was wondering if there are any procedures that can be done to shrink them?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:51 am      Reply with quote
edit: cosmetic procedures...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:57 am      Reply with quote
You can't change the size of your pores...but you can make them appear smaller.

This is from Fitness Magazine:

Pore size is nearly impossible to change, says Richard Glogau, M.D., a clinical professor of dermatology at the University of California at San Francisco. However, you can make them less noticeable. Try applying a topical retinoid, like Retin-A or Renova, which spurs new collagen growth, helps unclog pores and makes skin appear smoother. Retin-A and Renova require a prescription, but there are also over-the-counter formulas, such as Neutrogena's Pore Refining Cream with SPF 15 and Avon's Anew Advanced All-In-One Self-Adjusting Perfecting Lotion. Don't turn to procedures like chemical peels and lasering, because they can leave your pores exposed at a deeper, wider level, Dr. Glogau advises.

There is an upside to having large pores: Because this skin type tends to be more oily, it wrinkles less than dry, fine-textured complexions.

From Marie Claire:
Large pores are caused by two things: genetics and age, says Harold Lancer, M.D., an L.A.-based Dr. Lancer recommends using a low-strength topical retinol or vitamin C product. Both of these are antioxidants that work to increase collagen and elastin production to give your skin a smoother appearance.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
There is a five page article in January's Allure with a ton of suggestions and explinations. Might want to check that out. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Cellcosmet's precious mask is very good for minimizing pores. However, if you want something a bit less expensive, try using a good exfoliator. Dermalogica has a good one. Peter Thomas Roth has a good pumpkin mask at sephoras for around $40 that's really good too. And as an added bonus, smells really yummy.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:29 am      Reply with quote
What Winnie said. The clarisonic is a great investment for pore reduction and stopping break outs.

In the long run it is cheaper than buying creams ad infinitum.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:13 am      Reply with quote
try Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Refinisher Repair Serum Wink
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I read that green LED light helps to shrink pores on a spa web site http://www.conceptbeautyuk.com/ledinfo.htm

On EDS we discussed red and blue LED Light Therapy a lot, but how about all those other colors including green??? I started a new thread LED Light Therapy - Green, Yellow, Orange, Pink etc.:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=339663#339663
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I've never tried clarisonic, but that may be an option to look into.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |