Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Worst Product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
polkaprincess wrote:
sernx wrote:
Worst product for me is Nair.

I tried it once on my legs and followed the directions accurately. I didn't put it on longer than indicated, but my legs BURNED and I immediately washed it off. The next day I developed these rashes/sores on them that looks all red and disgusting. It took a long time for them to disappear and I had to avoid those spots when I shaved. Never again! Sad.

I used this once back in high school and when I applied it I felt like my fingers were burning. LOL afterwards there was this little hold in my index finger... like an actual hole.. it burned through my skin!

I tried it once, and I got burned too. Sad
whitedewy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:39 am      Reply with quote
shiseido bio-performance advanced super revitalizer whitening formula, never whiten my skin, and make me seem darker and smell like a oldlady
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique products
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
rainbowcheng wrote:
creme de la mer

I am sorry, you didn't like it. I cannot live without it.
Absinthea

Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:03 am      Reply with quote
I have to agree Clinique.

The best thing I have to say is their sales people are indeed interested in helping.

It tore my skin up and I was raw and red.

I felt like acetone or nailpolish remover or similar had been used on my face.

I have very fair fair pale skin and it was
angry RED RED RED -----
and I will not ever use the product line again.

It was my first encounter with skincare products recently and fortunately Decleor saved my tender skin.

I could use any hints, real advise on clear, but pale skin that burns easily and needs tender products that aren't hype!

Thanks,
I have to agree, sadly...
Absinthea

I LIKE my skin whitened and have dark circles under my eyes from stress after the Hurricane Katrina.

Hope this helps?!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Boots No7 eye shadows are rubbish, no pigmentation and absolutey no lasting power

totally agree!!! they are rubbish!!
annak212nyc
5% products discount

Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
the worst stuff I've ever used was from Origins... it's all chemicals!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:14 am      Reply with quote
annak212nyc wrote:

I would have to agree. I remember the SA kept going on about how the products are all natural etc etc. But I found them horrible! Mad For some reason I seem to get the same sort of reaction to all products/brands from the Estee Lauder companies. Confused
annak212nyc
5% products discount

Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:44 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I also get these horribles reactions from all Estee Lauder products. They tell you up and down that their products are natural but they have parabens, alcohol, and other chemicals. Now that I've been doing my research I know what to look for in a product. I've had great luck with After Glow Cosmetics for mineral makeup and Best Bath Store for lotion, soap, and my acne treatment / skin care. Burt's Bee's has been good to me too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:47 am      Reply with quote
snowie_bunny wrote:
polkaprincess wrote:
sernx wrote:
Worst product for me is Nair.

I tried it once on my legs and followed the directions accurately. I didn't put it on longer than indicated, but my legs BURNED and I immediately washed it off. The next day I developed these rashes/sores on them that looks all red and disgusting. It took a long time for them to disappear and I had to avoid those spots when I shaved. Never again! Sad.

I used this once back in high school and when I applied it I felt like my fingers were burning. LOL afterwards there was this little hold in my index finger... like an actual hole.. it burned through my skin!

I tried it once, and I got burned too. Sad

agree. its rubbish. you leave it on, take it off after whatever time you are supposed to and i found my skin was slightly reddened and half the hair was still there anyway and i had to shave it off. complete waste of money and then what do you do with the almost full tube Sad
aussiegirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:
annak212nyc wrote:

I would have to agree. I remember the SA kept going on about how the products are all natural etc etc. But I found them horrible! Mad For some reason I seem to get the same sort of reaction to all products/brands from the Estee Lauder companies. Confused

i worked in that industry for years and i agree that estee lauder is complete rubbish and so is origins. origins feels gel like and doesnt seem like it has any substance to it.
aussiegirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:50 am      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
rainbowcheng wrote:
creme de la mer

im really curious about this one actually. its rather expensive and friends i know who have used it have given me mixed reviews....
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:56 am      Reply with quote
aussiegirl wrote:
doba wrote:
rainbowcheng wrote:
creme de la mer

im really curious about this one actually. its rather expensive and friends i know who have used it have given me mixed reviews....

Overall my skin is pretty good. I first tried La Mer in my 30's and didn't notice a thing. Even the SA said that my skin was probably 'too good' to notice a difference.

I purchased again last summer before going to Hawai'i and I noticed a huge difference. So, I think it depends on what your skin needs.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
aussiegirl wrote:
Safire wrote:
annak212nyc wrote:

i worked in that industry for years and i agree that estee lauder is complete rubbish and so is origins. origins feels gel like and doesnt seem like it has any substance to it.

I agree, I never liked origin.
shengyue
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
so many people hate clinique! i always imagined that their skinscare products were good ( i never tried) but i guess i'll stay away from it now.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Arbonne anything.... I bought some from a friend who was selling the stuff and she was in need. Totally messed my skin up. I'm still trying to get it straightened out.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
I greedily jumped on the Oprah bandwagon and ordered the DuWop eye pad gels(3 different types in one package). I set them onto my eyes as the directions stated. Unfortunately, they suctioned onto my eyes and hurt like crazy! They turned out to be sooo painful and they even created bruising around my eye area. My friend wanted to try them but I wouldn't let her... my good deed for the day!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Only a few are coming to mind right now, but here they are:
- Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser (This dried my skin out so badly.)
- Becca Luminous Skin Colour TM/Foundation (All I can say is that it was absolutely disgusting.)
- H20+ Face Oasis Moisturizer(So sticky.)
- Shiseido Mattifying Stick (and nearly all of the Pureness line.) This stick was a nightmare to use but it seemed like such a good purchase at the time.
- Estee Lauder's Idealist. I really, really, really wanted to this to work.

That's all I can think of for now.
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Estee Lauder's anr eye cream, i think the worst one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Pantene Pro V! Mad Mad Mad
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:19 am      Reply with quote
I think the absolute worst for me is the polish skincare line Dr. Irena Iris. I've tried many different skincare lines and owing to my bad habit of buying the whole set of products from the same line at once, I can safely say that most times it's a case of one or two items from that particular skincare line that does not suit my skin. Only with Dr. Irena Iris that i encountered a situation in which ALL the products i bought did not suit me at all and worse yet caused horrible breakouts Sad My skin, which is a normal-combi type, turned rough and bumpy. Never again will i try anything from this line!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:20 am      Reply with quote
The second worst skincare line for me is probably L'oreal. It's so harsh that my skin started peeling from just using the cleanser *shudder*

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
clinique 3 steps
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:18 am      Reply with quote
I hate Lanecome. Mad
mcaleung
5% products discount

Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:00 am      Reply with quote
I vote for Clinique 3 steps. They made my skin more sensitive. In the end, I use the toner on my body instead of my face!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |