Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Worst Product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
zinfandel
5% products discount

Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:25 am      Reply with quote
I would like to join the hate- club of clinique skincare lines. Absolutely abbysmal Mad .However, now i have switched over to Dr. Lorettas cleanser and toner, followed by Paulas BHA 1% solution. I am quite satisfied with paulas product.Also, her anti-oxidant concentrate is quite good.Not sticky at all, absorbs easily. Also, recently i have placed an order for Peter Thomas Roth's Potent Botanical Skin Brightening Gel complex,(HQ free) for the mild/subtle discoloration on my face.Hope it works.If anyone has used this product, pls let me know. Wink
zinfandel
5% products discount

Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:26 am      Reply with quote
I would like to join the hate- club of clinique skincare lines. Absolutely abbysmal Mad .However, now i have switched over to Dr. Lorettas cleanser and toner, followed by Paulas BHA 1% solution. I am quite satisfied with paulas product.Also, her anti-oxidant concentrate is quite good.Not sticky at all, absorbs easily. Also, recently i have placed an order for Peter Thomas Roth's Potent Botanical Skin Brightening Gel complex,(HQ free) for the mild/subtle discoloration on my face.Hope it works.If anyone has used this product, pls let me know. Wink
Trish
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I thought i share on the chanel radiance serum.
i read so many reviews that i bought it last year at the duty free shop.
maybe it's just my skin, but for all the money i paid i just didn't see the great "glow" they were talking about, so don't waste your money on that. What else can i think of that was a disappointment? Yup, Clinique is not the greatest at all but my mother loves their dramatically different moisturizing lotion.
Another one which i didn't care for was Elizabeth arden skin care line. The only good thing i found there was their original Velva moisture lotion and that was about it...their ceramide capsules might as well put some olive oil on my face and it should do the trick, but again, that was my personal opinion. I'm sure it works great for some people.
trish
Mabsy

Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Trish - I almost bought the Chanel Radiance a while back. I must say that every so often it still tempts me but you've just put an end to that. Thank you Smile
healthywhite
5% products discount

Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Revlon "Advanced fairness cream and lotion" is really the worst pdt I've ever come across..I've been using the pdt for over 2 months and not a visible sign of change!!
I can't believe a Brand name pdt like Revlon claiming to be a world leader in cosmetics SUCKS!! (Fair&lovely or ayur is a lot better..)

similar experiences with Revlon pdts, now'd be a good time to share.

Healthywhite.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:28 am      Reply with quote
bringing this old thread "back from the dead"... Laughing

Products I will NEVER repurchase or let anywhere near my skin:

Vichy OLIGO 25 cleansing mousse
Vichy OLIGO 25 for dry and sensitive skin.

These 2 products created total havoc with my face... Irritateing, drying and it just did not suit my skin.

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
kittylove
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:39 am      Reply with quote
Mary Kay products.
Horrible!! Had the WORST time getting my money back as well.
fierce
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique I feel has made a name for itself somehow but the products are not what they are stacked up to be.

I would compare their products to buying cheap hand cream and putting it on your face.

On the other hand I have had a few eye shadows from them and they were alright. I do have at the moment a blush/bronzer combo that my mom passed to me for she did not like it. The blush is fine but the bronzer makes your skin uneven looking.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Boots No7 eye shadows are rubbish, no pigmentation and absolutey no lasting power

Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone.

I used Clinique when I was younger (in my 20's and early 30's and they were actually quite good. In fact, Clinique was quite popular here in Malaysia, many people I know use it. I think it is suitable for us as the weather here is hot and humid , and a majority of the women here have oily skin. However,I stopped using their products in my mid 30's as the condition of my skin started to change.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Just thought I had best add John Frieda shampoo and the the conditioner for blonde hair to this thread

Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Clinique.. oh Clinique,

Thank goodness the ladies look pretty selling it to you. The pH level in the formula is so high it really is surprising it works for anyone at all.

My suggestion, stay away!
lisarousie
5% products discount

Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I also hated clinique. my skin was never so bad. I am now using phytomer oligopur, i have for the last two weeks. I like it so far. it seems to be controlling the oil and helping my skin clear up. has anyone else used this line? i am rather new to it and was just wondering.
Thanks, oh yeah, didn't like aveda skincare either

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique skincare has got to be the worst department store line ever. Their toners are very harsh and not good for sensitive or dry skin since they contain alcohol. However their dramatically different moisturizer is not bad. But if you have acne prone skin, this moisturizer can cause your acne to worsen. Another line i find very bad is Vichy. Their cleansing gel and toner are very harsh on the skin and causes major dryness

5% products discount

Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:13 am      Reply with quote
Totally agree clinique is the worst product I have ever tried..their 3 step system ruin my friend's face and mine feel really tight after using and their eyes n lip makeup remover stings the eyes.No way I will buy their face range
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:12 am      Reply with quote
this really has turned out to be a "I hate Clinique 3-step" thread!

How about not mentioning Clinique for the rest of the thread??? - I think most people understand and know now that it isn't much appreciated...

Just a humble wish...

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
shaney

Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I tried a ton of things at one time and these were the worst products overall. I think I just wanted to "believe" - lol that I could find what I was looking for on an infomercial or drugstore.
fierce
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Palmer's Cocoa butter for preventing and smoothing stretch marks, tones skin, relieves dry skin.

I tried this while pregnant. I found that the cream does not seem to absorb into the skin, nor was it easy to rub onto the skin. Still felt dry after using it. Plus was not appealing in smell while pregnant. I still do not like the smell. I should say i tried two different kinds of their products for stretch marks and dry skin and one is fragrace free but still not worth the money I spent.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
The Scent of Palmer's Cocoa Butter makes me feel sick, it smells awful

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I love it! LOL!

My little nephew tells me that I smell "lovely like Cadbury's Chocolate Buttons" and my DH chases me around the bedroom when I use it! Laughing
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Quote:
My little nephew tells me that I smell "lovely like Cadbury's Chocolate Buttons" and my DH chases me around the bedroom when I use it!

Laughing too cute! Had to smile at this.
MissCreoula

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
I am also joining the rants against the Clinique 3-step system (tried it in my teens by thinking that I was moving up a notch from drugstore brands but this stuff was horrible). However, not to diss the entire Clinique line they do have some hits like the High Impact Mascara & the Superbalms are the best lipglosses (I own MAC, Nars, Stila, Revlon, too many & this is the best).
I'm also interested in trying the Clinque Cleansing Balm as I've heard great things about it hopefully Clinique has smartened up.
Cheers!
kylala
5% products discount

Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:44 am      Reply with quote
1.Mychelle cleansers- the citrus one and the one with azaleic acid. Both irritated ny skin beyond belief. They have a good philosophy for their skincare unfortunately it doesn't translate into a good product.
2.Cellex-C vit C serums and cream.
ljung
5% products discount

Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Mary Kay - anything
Clinique 3 step
jazzybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
MAC Studio Fix, DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask, and Fresh Umbarian Clay mask have all caused some of the worst breakouts ever. These products are HGs for some, but awful for me. Sad
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |