Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Worst Product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
lola wrote:
Davidoff Cool Water for Women perfume

The absolute worst!! To me it smells awful. I suffer from severe Migraines and sometimes certain smells will set one off instantly, well this perfume is at the top of my list.
There's been times that I've been in a movie theater and the girl next to me will be wearing this and instantly I start to get a migraine.

Agreed. Instant headache.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique - broke me out something fierce.

IS Clinical - used the Active Serum, the Hydra Cool, and the Pro-Heal Serum and $350 later noticed no difference in my skin.

OCM - broke me out horribly and my face got greasy about twice as fast as it usually does.

Clarins - only used it once as it is to highly fragranced.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
My latest worst discovery

Earthbound Organics Cream Cleanser - I'd always thought it removed makeup well until I used toner the other day and found myself staring at a dirty cotton pad! It also leaves a really waxy feeling on my skin (well, it's got beeswax in it). On top of that, their customer service wasn't anywhere near impressive either.

5% products discount

Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Proactive! made my skin dry, scaley, red and irritated. Awful experience. Also hated my Spagirl , not the machine but the cream you use to dermabrade. I put it on my face and before I even touch the machine to my skin I have this stinging prickly feeling all over my face. It feels like I am being cut by glass shards! Does that stop me? No I still used the machine on it and that didn't help at all, just made it worse. I finally gave up on the cream altogether. Anyone want a spa girl? LOL!
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thalgo cleaser and toner - skin felt very dry.
clean and clear - my skin exploded.
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
strivectin big ripoff, dont buy it
Tigercat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
Clinique - broke me out something fierce.

IS Clinical - used the Active Serum, the Hydra Cool, and the Pro-Heal Serum and $350 later noticed no difference in my skin.

OCM - broke me out horribly and my face got greasy about twice as fast as it usually does.

Clarins - only used it once as it is to highly fragranced.

I agree with you on IS Clinical. I tried the Active Serum because of so many positive comment, but ended up can't feel any difference it brought to my skin. Shock
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:42 am      Reply with quote
I really hate the products of Origins dadly!!! Mad Mad
I brought have-a-nice day, night-a-mins, white tea lines, and three kinds of masks. They just smell well, but without any effort at first. However, after using less than a month, I began breaking out and both dry and oily at the same time, I was allergic. This lasted more than 3 months I was almost thinking to kill myself because of the ruined skin.
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I have many but the latest is Estee Lauder Verite for sensitive.Made my face very red with a whole face of pimples.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Mad
biotherm's products make me hypersusceptibility!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never use them at all!
BikerChic
5% products discount

Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique has never bothered me - I was suprised to read how many people actually really hated it/had problems. I quit using it about 10 years ago however, my mother swears by that stupid soap and the Dramatically Different lotion. She's in her 60s and I think she could use more hydration, but she claims sensitive skin and anything else breaks it out! Who knew?! Cool
As for products I hate: anything Borghese (my spelling may be incorrect). I hardly break out from anything, but this was one that really did a number on me. Not a fan on Mac lipsticks (too drying) hate the smell/taste of Chanel Lipstick, not too fond of Estee Lauder for anything other than their mascara. Oh and a new one, the Xtreme Lash, made by the lip plumper people...its supposed to make your lashes full and thick and glossy and all, but it just ends up on my cheeks - not even under the eyes....just really a mess on my face.

Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I agree about the 3-step clinic line. i've used it for about 2 years now and i guess your skin changes with age. i have noticed that the moisturizer doesn't provide enough moisture for my skin in the winter. most mornings i mosturize twice.

also, the toner and soap strips away too many natural oils which is probably why my skin is so dry.

i just tried a sample of dermalogica intensive moisture balance and am really liking it. i just found this website and think that i'll become a regular customer!

5% products discount

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique all about eyes....Gosh, I had 2 fine lines after useing this product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Too bad
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
I think I will hold back on posting all the products that I think are totally Crap as there are quite a few!!!

ISC Active Serum,hydra cool, C-eye gel, and Eye Complex - waste of my money * How much propylen gylcol are in thoes products? Close to the second ingredient!! The Active serum congested my pores worse than anything..except other ISC products. I do like the proheal serum, but it congests my skin.

All Dermalogica products and their false advertising of how natural and simple their chemical ridden, cheap ingredient products are - sorry derma fans!!

Yonka - despite its beautiful presentation and great smells. They have added far to many chemical fillers - so sad. Propylen glycol is REALLY cheap and acts as an emolient. It is the ingredient that clogs the hell out of your pores as it is a petro-chemical.

MOST products lines that use a lot of chemicals/cheap ingredients as they do not deliver what they are suppose to - better skin.

I admit that I have been into skin care for over 18 years and have used a ton of top professional products. My bottom line is that the organic products actually work way better if you add a vitamin C serum and a enzyme peeling mask - instant anti-aging and clear glowing skin.

Feliz

Feliz
Tigercat
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Feliz wrote:
I think I will hold back on posting all the products that I think are totally Crap as there are quite a few!!!

ISC Active Serum,hydra cool, C-eye gel, and Eye Complex - waste of my money * How much propylen gylcol are in thoes products? Close to the second ingredient!! The Active serum congested my pores worse than anything..except other ISC products. I do like the proheal serum, but it congests my skin.

All Dermalogica products and their false advertising of how natural and simple their chemical ridden, cheap ingredient products are - sorry derma fans!!

Yonka - despite its beautiful presentation and great smells. They have added far to many chemical fillers - so sad. Propylen glycol is REALLY cheap and acts as an emolient. It is the ingredient that clogs the hell out of your pores as it is a petro-chemical.

MOST products lines that use a lot of chemicals/cheap ingredients as they do not deliver what they are suppose to - better skin.

I admit that I have been into skin care for over 18 years and have used a ton of top professional products. My bottom line is that the organic products actually work way better if you add a vitamin C serum and a enzyme peeling mask - instant anti-aging and clear glowing skin.

Feliz

Feliz

Feliz,

I used to be a big fans to organic products, but yet to find the one hit my heart. Though I'm using something not 100% organic, I still tend to find something with relative high content of it.

I know it's a bit off topic, but I really anxious to know your choices and hope you could share your experience with me. Smile
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
This thread is getting so long. I wonder if someone would ever come up with a summary of the worst products and how many votes they got from members based on this thread. LOL
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Sisley and L'Occitane Immortelle.

I had such high hopes for both lines and broke out with both (strongly suspect the artificial fragrance was the culprit).

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, forgot to add, would it be worth setting up some formal product review system like MUA? Or does everyone just go to MUA for that?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:04 am      Reply with quote
Anything with Benzoyl Peroxide in it.
christygao
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
it's gotta be Clinique
Sophi

Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
PREVAGE

Just bought the eye treatment and used a sample of face treatment.

I lost a day of work going to the Dr who had to put me on a steroid for all the swelling. You could barely see my eyes. So many red welts they all came together and I am a fright
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
bought Caudalie's beauty elixir after reading the reviews here. unfortunately, it has too much alcohol for me and just totally dried out my skin....

any of you here have the same problem or it's just me??

~gosa
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
annak212nyc wrote:
the worst stuff I've ever used was from Origins... it's all chemicals!

Origins do have a lot of alcohols in their product too. As for their alcohol-free stuff, it stuck onto my face like a piece of plaster i had to wash it off 5 seconds later Sad
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I think it is the revive renewal cream, it made my skin thiner than before ang my face is so red Sad
lil_miss_skincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
In my humble opinion:

Cetaphil -- Doesn't remove makeup or oils, stings my eyes.

L'Oreal and Lancome skincare -- I find most to be overfragranced and the performance is quite poor.

I used to hate all Clinique and Clarins skin care, but I find some of their more recently formulated products to be quite good, some state-of-the-art even!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |