Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Worst Product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mandm
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
There're many products I've tried. Most of them I'll not repurchase but not hate.
On my list:
L'Occitane Immortelle Eye Balm
Cellex-C G.L.A. Eye Balm
Valmont Regenetic Hydration Cream
mayaneire

Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:57 am      Reply with quote
- 3 step Clinique + Total Turnaround ruined my face for long
- Avon spray oils for dry skin, thats a right laugh, its mostly alcohol and no oil Confused
- Estee Lauder Idealist...nice for a week or two, then clogged pores and spots
- Sally Hansen Diamond Strength. That was a disaster and as far as I know, many girls would agree

(Hi everyone, its my first post here Wink )
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:56 am      Reply with quote
mandm wrote:
There're many products I've tried. Most of them I'll not repurchase but not hate.
On my list:
Cellex-C G.L.A. Eye Balm

mandm, what was wrong with Valmont Regenetic Hydration cream?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
mandm wrote:
On my list:
Cellex-C G.L.A. Eye Balm

mandm, what was wrong with Valmont Regenetic Hydration cream?

about Valmont Regenetic Hydration Cream,i guess mandm means it's not bad if price was $20

5% products discount

Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting thread...

Aveeno moisturizers left a nasty film on my face that would literally peel. Not for me.

Hydroderm was a weak moment. I must have been seduced subliminally.
But it did do something..
it made my eye area swell.

Avon products ..they just seem like flushing money directly down the commode.

I can't think of anything else right now...at least not meaningful enough to rip my pockets too badly..
But I get cagier and cagier about where my money goes.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hopefully there will be no more Worse products in my repertoire but... At one point in my life I spent for Creme de la Mer moisturizer and also the serum (more than once even Confused ) and it was never worth what I paid. I never knew any better and thought I was getting something really high end. And in the end my DIY C serum is more effective. thank goodness for EDS and my skin care education. The education has been free but what I've spent on skincare since... oh my - it's my most expensive hobby ever.
honbbb
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:44 am      Reply with quote
I hate Chanel and Dior skincare.
hellcat
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2.
yobi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Clinique cause me break out.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Yes to Carrots! all the lotions. I hate throwing stuff away, but even when I put them on my legs, the smell is so strong I end up showering to get it off. It's just sickeningly sweet and chemical, not anything related to a carrot.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
Mandy2009

Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Well, well... Seems as if I'm not the only one with terrible experience of Clinique products... Very Happy

I'm also avoiding Lancõme's products (they didn't do a thing for me)as well as Clarins. I heard great things about Beauty flash balm but it didn't work for me. Estée Lauder's Idealist was a bigger disappointment though. The foaming cleanser (light blue) from Estée L was ok - only for those who can stand the perfume...
I was very dissapointed in Stri-Vectin. It was too heavy for me.

I also avoid Neutrogena, St Ives, L'Oreal, Oil of Ulay, Avon etc - I'd rather start experimenting in my kitchen with herbs from my garden than ever putting something on my face from these brands... Smile
Mandy2009

Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Sorry ladies about making jokes about experiments in the kitchen... I just read something about making your own vitamin-C serum, and this stuff was fascinating! I really have to check this out! THANK YOU! Smile
theyoungyvonne
5% products discount

Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Nijey wrote:
- Pretty much everything from Neutrogena and L'Oreal. It always looks so appealing in the store, but it inevitably is irritating and breaks me out.

- Retin-a/tretinoin. This just didn't work for me and made my skin worse. I switched to Tazorac and am so much happier!

- Glycerin! I read on MUA that this was a cheap, effective moisturizer so I made a sort of toner with water and glycerin and happily applied it. It ended up giving me the worst breakout of my life. I mean, painfully throbbing cysts, whiteheads, blackheads/giant pores, redness, irritation, flakes. I have never had such a reaction to an item in my life--and this was only after two uses! It took about six months for my skin to fully recover. The only upshot of that disastrous experiment was that I've learned to stay away from skincare products that have glycerin as a main ingredient.

Do you also have sensitive/roscea skin like I do? I basically don't trust anything from commercial drugstore or mainstream cosmetic brands anymore for skincare. Totally agree on the Tretinoin. Also try avoiding hydroxy acid.

I would also say Neutrogena as the worst brand. Even what's "for sensitive skin" or "oil free SPF" are giving breakout big time. Their facial cleansers are always drying. Totally banning it from my life.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like Cetaphil cleanser. It leaves my face feeling unclean.
alexol
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:36 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
you probably got some of that cheap chinese poisonous glycerin, no joke!
most glycerin is manufactured in china and recently there was an expose on how a lot of it was unpure and even caused some deaths in central america because it was such a high ingredient in toothpaste and in cough medicine.
i think normal glycerin wouldn't cause such an extreme reaction.
but since the labels on all the glycerin drums never include provenance, one can never be sure. i tend to avoid glycerin in products for this reason, although it's a marvelously effective moisturizer otherwise.

--avalange
Nijey wrote:
- Pretty much everything from Neutrogena and L'Oreal. It always looks so appealing in the store, but it inevitably is irritating and breaks me out.

- Retin-a/tretinoin. This just didn't work for me and made my skin worse. I switched to Tazorac and am so much happier!

- Glycerin! I read on MUA that this was a cheap, effective moisturizer so I made a sort of toner with water and glycerin and happily applied it. It ended up giving me the worst breakout of my life. I mean, painfully throbbing cysts, whiteheads, blackheads/giant pores, redness, irritation, flakes. I have never had such a reaction to an item in my life--and this was only after two uses! It took about six months for my skin to fully recover. The only upshot of that disastrous experiment was that I've learned to stay away from skincare products that have glycerin as a main ingredient.

Where did you get the information?
Please not be so rootless to give your personal comments on sth you actually have no idea or truth.
I, just like many common Chinese, ever bought China-made skin care products containing glycerin. Actually, the result is as satisfied as the one made in other countries.
You mentioned poisonous glycerin, so, what's in it can be called poison? Could you provide any physical proof to prove what you said?
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:47 am      Reply with quote
alexol wrote:
avalange wrote:
you probably got some of that cheap chinese poisonous glycerin, no joke!
most glycerin is manufactured in china and recently there was an expose on how a lot of it was unpure and even caused some deaths in central america because it was such a high ingredient in toothpaste and in cough medicine.
i think normal glycerin wouldn't cause such an extreme reaction.
but since the labels on all the glycerin drums never include provenance, one can never be sure. i tend to avoid glycerin in products for this reason, although it's a marvelously effective moisturizer otherwise.

--avalange
Nijey wrote:

Where did you get the information?
Please not be so rootless to give your personal comments on sth you actually have no idea or truth.
I, just like many common Chinese, ever bought China-made skin care products containing glycerin. Actually, the result is as satisfied as the one made in other countries.
You mentioned poisonous glycerin, so, what's in it can be called poison? Could you provide any physical proof to prove what you said?

Dear Alexol:
I can't agree with you any more!!!
I also want to know why avalange wrote this. Neutral
Luciana
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Pretty much everything form drugstores: L'Oreal, Clear and Clean, Neutrogena, Olay, Nivea, La Roche-Posay.... might be some others, do not remember now. The eye creams are particularly irritant: I get red itchy skin around my eyes and have to use a corticosteroid cream to get rid of it. Only la Roche-Posay Active C eye cream did not. Many of them give me breakouts, and those that do not, are too dry for my skin. I have to stick with the Vivier line, although I try from time to time some products from the drugstore, hoping to find cheaper alternatives.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
StriVectin. Gave me the worst butt-ne ever!
bellydonna
5% products discount

Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Great post! I had a horrible allergic reaction to Paul Mitchell Awapuhi shampoo. I had really high hopes with BE MMU but have found that it makes my skin flakey, emphasizes wrinkles and can look chalky.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:32 am      Reply with quote
i do not like ahava handcream, which is not moisturizing enough, and it's too too too fragrant!
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I hate Citrix CRS. It has so many cones in it that my skin never looked so bad. I was covered in tiny little pimples on my cheeks and forehead.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Clinique lip gloss: this product is very sticky, and too much shine-since i do not like lip gloss with too much shimmer.
Janabanana
5% products discount

Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Benefit cosmetics are a waste of money. All the products claims don't live up. The only thing that seems to work OK is the Bad Gal Lash mascara.

And Cream de le mer-I broke out terribly.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:18 am      Reply with quote
SkinBiology 2 Times tightener - horrible smell
saring
5% products discount

Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:19 am      Reply with quote
I don't like (oh ,no it should be "hate" Mad ) Clinque 3-steps .since I used 15 years ago, my skin became to sensitive.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |