Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Worst Product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
ABBA Pure Moisture sulfate free shampoo.
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=107251/Pure_Moisture/ABBA/Shampoo

MUA likes it but never works for me, my hair must be too fine. Makes my hair feel like it has gunk on it, even after washing twice.
demi001
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:38 am      Reply with quote
Strivectin eye cream: it irritated my eyes and I didn't see any particular results, certainly not what it claimed to do.

Clinique laser serum and dark spor corrector: both broke me out unfortunately.
Sheiladdict
5% products discount

Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have found the worst brand for myself - dr Dennis gross. I was impressed with the ingredients and spent like $500 on his line. Big mistake. My face burned to the point that even washing with water makes my face red. Now I can understand how rosacea succeeded feel. I particularly dislike his overpriced pads, so perfumery. I was so unhappy with seeing his stuff on my bathroom counter that I sucked up my losses and threw his stuff to the trash. Mad

5% products discount

Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:49 am      Reply with quote
burns my skin into red and leaves me with stabbing pain.
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:48 am      Reply with quote
jiawen xu wrote:
burns my skin into red and leaves me with stabbing pain.

What was the product that did this?
jiawen xu
5% products discount

Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
NYR frankincense hydrating cream, I can feel it blocking my pore and making my skin can breath.very thick cream and oily
CrystalCandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Balea cleansing wipes (broke me out)
Shiseido pureness deep cleansing foam
Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara (worst mascara ever)
syndi222
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
I second the Shiseido pureness deep cleansing foam. Actually that whole Pureness line broke me out like crazy.
adelight
5% products discount

Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I am so in love with this thread! For my job I have to read all those BS reviews of products in magazines and at first I would try the products with 5 stars but now I realise that it's all hype! Most of them are no good and some are just awful.

Clinique & Estee Lauder skincare and foundations make me break out like crazy and the colours are awful. They get amazing reviews but are just pants, I've tried so many samples and know so many people that have broke out/dried up due to 3 step.

Garnier BB Cream. "light"? seriously, this shade should just be renamed "pasty orange". It's so awful and I can never get it to apply properly, on primer, on moisturiser, with moisturiser, on oil, on serum, never applies well. Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser is the same, it seems to stick round every pore making my pores look huge and the colour looks awful on- just orange smears on my face.

L'Oreal mascaras, especially 4D = CLUMPY.

Cheap stuff that people rave about and claim to be better than products 10x the price. Most of the time it's not even worth the £1 it costs. I made a £20+ order from ELF once and it was all terrible, nothing blended or had any staying power.
MUA, again, awful, possibly the worst eyebrow pencils on earth.
Tesco Cucumber range. People always say to me "how can you pay £10 for XX cleanser when the tesco one is so good?" so I tried and it was awful, plain water is more effective at getting make up off.
And a practising make up "artist" told me "omg the tesco cucumber scrub is amazing, it gives me incredible skin and i use it on my clients"- she convinces brides to switch to it in the run up to their big day and they all end up with really dried out looking skin like she has. Why do people equate matte emulsion style no shine make up to perfect skin?

Cripes, it feels good to get that out! Everyday I have to read garbage about products with huge advertising budgets and PR power. 95% of the products anyone finally caves in and buys end up getting thrown around the office and everyone agrees they're awful and we'd rather go without than use them even if they were 50p!
sleepworking

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Eminence Vanilla Sun Cream and it is good. Last May, I found it too heavy to be used in summer thus I purchased Eminence Persimmon & Cantaloupe Day Cream SPF32, which is supposed to be lighter and performs the same as a sunblock. However, it broke me out so badly. Besides, I don't like the smell and texture Crying or Very sad
EthelM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Arbonne....but it makes sense. Arbonne is sold in a pyramid scheme, so in order for everyone in the pyramid to make money, the product has to be inexpensive to produce and it needs to sell at a high price...in other words, expensive, low quality products. Clinique skincare can be harsh, but I like Clinique cosmetics--their powder blushes and lipcolors are fresh, clean colors and their Almost Skin Tinted Moisturizer was amazing (so of course, they discontinued it! LOL!)...their eyeshadows and mascaras are also quite good. Not a bad line, except for the 3-step skincare items.
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:26 am      Reply with quote
YSL Touche Eclait & Benefit Erase Paste - I think these products are for people with perfect skin. The Erase Paste just highlights all imperfections, and the YSL... doesn't really do much at all. I use it to brighten my under eye area and on my nose, and really, it's not worth half of what I paid for it.

Clinique Acne Kit - worst reaction to skincare I've ever had. My chin/cheeks were all flakey, did nothing for my acne. It's impossible to track down the ingredients for any Clinique products online, which says it all. I was stupidly thinking of buying something else from them a few months ago, but thankfully I didn't.

Clinique City Block SPF 40 - goes on terribly. You really have to check your face in every kind of light to make sure your makeup doesn't go on splotchy over this because it absorbs so poorly.

Chemical sunscreens - irritating, also a lot of them are unsafe.

Drugstore skincare/make-up. Just awful. They're loaded down with terrible ingredients, aren't effective.

I'm done with Sephora too, unless (against all odds) they start selling clean products.
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Also wanted to add St Ives body wash. Wow, worst reaction I've had from a body care product. After I used it in the shower, I would sit and scratch my arms, back and legs for 15 minutes. Terrible hives.

I got that same tingling pre-hives sensation when I used Philosophy Purity body scrub. Also it's terrible in terms of its price considering the exfoliating crystals are similar to sugar granules.
AthleteKitty
5% products discount

Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I agree with previous posts about Clinique. It was also my introduction to "higher end" skin care (not from a drug store). I found their products harsh & stripping. Crying or Very sad

5% products discount

Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Toe wrote:
I found that the Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel really dried out my skin. Only used it for 2 weeks and then just gave up on it. Couldn't bear having dry, flaking skin. Sad

I used Special Cleansing Gel for a couple of years and it took me so long to get my moisture barrier back. It's really harsh stuff. Neutral
yuri21
5% products discount

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Had to be Dermaveen Soap Free Wash: it was way too harsh for my sensitive skin.

Ego QV Gentle Wash is much better. =)
Cat_eyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'm fortunate not to have sensitive skin. The only thing I've ever had a bad exp with is the Clinic 3 step system. I can't say my exp with it was that terrible; it just dried my face out. I try to avoid drug store stuff too. Its just over scented crap with trace levels of active ingredients if your lucky.

5% products discount

Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
strivectin strivectin strivectin strivectin strivectin is a 100% RIP OFF NEVER EVER BUY!!!

Tri-aktilline Doesn't do much

Clinique, Clinique.Clinique, Clinique. Clinique Clinique.Clinique, Clinique. CliniqueClinique.Clinique, Clinique. CliniqueClinique.Clinique, Clinique. Clinique nearly scared me

freederm

and thats it, oh and clinique
angeladayspa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Biotherm BlueTherapy Moisturizing Cream with SPF 15.
I heard Biotherm is very professional about moisturizing. I got a sample of this cream. I had so high expectation about this cream.
However, it is totally not moisture! I feel so dry after I use it.
Disappointed! Sad
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 14, 2013 6:28 am      Reply with quote
It's interesting that so many people don't like clinique.For me,I hate tones with alcohol.
nickky_shygirl
5% products discount

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:49 am      Reply with quote
By far the worst (value for money) product I have every purchased is the Givenchy Le so noir.

The face and eye cream did nothing for my skin (not even moisturize). Worst $1000 I ever spent!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Clinique skin care years ago.
beccachan
5% products discount

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Helena Rubinstein Re-Plasty night cream!!
Very expensive but totally a bottle of Dimethicone!!
beccachan
5% products discount

Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
and one more, the body shop, body butter!
alienoreo
5% products discount

Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Kate Somerville Exfolikate

Oh my lord, I will never forget that experience. It burned going on, burned for the 30 seconds I tolerated it, and burned worse coming off. My face was inflamed for two days. Smelled great but way, way too harsh and irritating. It actually made me fear her line and all scrubs to this day, and that was several years ago.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |