Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Riley, I have been using the products for 1 day shy of two weeks exactly. I started out with Vita Kombi 2 but only once a day; then, about 4 days into it, I began using it 2x/day. I do not have any freckles so can't comment on that. However, here's what I have noticed so far:

-Smoother skin texture (pores refining, all over texture improving, more refreshed looking)
-Smoother, creamy skin tone (this is specific to tone changes as I had a bit of pigmentation on the areas nearest my jaw)
-No breakouts (other than when I used oil to do cupping a few times but I know that's what caused the issue)
-Less need for concealer (I use Lauren Hutton's sheer yellow under eyes but haven't for about a week now; I am also only using just a dusting of MMU these days and attribute this to the Karin Herzog)

Yesterday, I started using my Leaf & Rusher Dermaroller prior to applying Cellbone C23. Then, I let it absorb for about 20 minutes. Afterward, I apply the Vita Kombi 2 with a synthetic foundation brush in a very thin layer all over face and neck. I REALLY feel it working now due to this change.

From what I've read, the tingling sensation is due to your cells becoming accustomed to the oxygen as they rework, if that makes any sense. On a side note, I also started using my Chi Machine again, which increases the oxygen in your body (in turn increases circulation; helps with weight loss, which I can attest to; better sleep; etc.). For me, it was interesting that oxygen itself is the key to the Chi Machine and especially given the really wonderful results I'm getting from KH. I suppose it confirms for me that oxygen is a real winner both inside and out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:43 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Not really, blues. I was just wondering at this date, how long has everyone been using the KH products now!

ETA: Actually, I sent an email before I started the KH line to the official UK site. I asked regarding wrinkles/freckles how long would it take before one started to see results. I just now (I have been using the products for 1 week) received an answer from them! They said you should start to see results immediately. But, I am not. I know 1 week is very soon and everyone's skin reacts differently. Anyway, I have not seen any results at all (did not expect to with wrinkles, but I thought I might see resutls on freckles).

So I guess I really wanted to know how long everyone has been using the line now and when their own results started to happen.

Hi Riley,
I had this slight pinkness to my chin and nose and two small sun spots on my left cheekbone. What I noticed was that the pinkness was the first to fade and the little spots followed later. I also have a larger spot on my neck that I noticed after I cut my hair very short. It has been slower to leave and the girl who does my brows says that it seems to be breaking up, with some gone and some still evident but it's not all all over thing. It was about the one month point that people started remarking on my skin, saying how even it looked in color. I moved much slower than most of you though. I followed the protocol for the Vita Kombis pretty stricly with the exception of the Vita 1. I did that once a day for a week versus two weeks because I had no problems and JoElla said to go ahead and move onto the Vita 2. I do have some freckles on my nose and they have faded but not disappeared. My skintone is much smoother all over and has a nice healthy appearance to it. I wouldn't get discouraged Riley. I know for Yogi it took a month before she was sure she was seeing a difference and that was just the eyecream. She's not been on the others as long.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:49 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Riley, I have been using the products for 1 day shy of two weeks exactly. I started out with Vita Kombi 2 but only once a day; then, about 4 days into it, I began using it 2x/day. I do not have any freckles so can't comment on that. However, here's what I have noticed so far:

-Smoother skin texture (pores refining, all over texture improving, more refreshed looking)
-Smoother, creamy skin tone (this is specific to tone changes as I had a bit of pigmentation on the areas nearest my jaw)
-No breakouts (other than when I used oil to do cupping a few times but I know that's what caused the issue)
-Less need for concealer (I use Lauren Hutton's sheer yellow under eyes but haven't for about a week now; I am also only using just a dusting of MMU these days and attribute this to the Karin Herzog)

Yesterday, I started using my Leaf & Rusher Dermaroller prior to applying Cellbone C23. Then, I let it absorb for about 20 minutes. Afterward, I apply the Vita Kombi 2 with a synthetic foundation brush in a very thin layer all over face and neck. I REALLY feel it working now due to this change.

From what I've read, the tingling sensation is due to your cells becoming accustomed to the oxygen as they rework, if that makes any sense. On a side note, I also started using my Chi Machine again, which increases the oxygen in your body (in turn increases circulation; helps with weight loss, which I can attest to; better sleep; etc.). For me, it was interesting that oxygen itself is the key to the Chi Machine and especially given the really wonderful results I'm getting from KH. I suppose it confirms for me that oxygen is a real winner both inside and out!

Scally,
Interesting regarding the Chi machine. It was the Oxygen that really interested me in this line and of course, the lack of acids. As a Pilates instructor, knowing the importance of the breath, the theory of KH resonated with me. As Yogi, who quite obviously teaches Yoga, would probably concur though we've never discussed that aspect of it. I'd be interested to hear what she has to say.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Blues and Scally. I appreciate your posting your time on the KH and the results you have noticed. I did take a "before" pic, so after 1 month I will take another and see if I am noticing anything or not. Thanks again for your replies!

After I replied back to the girl at the KH UK site that I did not have any immediate result, she wrote this back: "If you give the skincare creams chance to acclimatise to your skin, I am sure you will see a difference. Most customers do report seeing a difference almost immediately but obviously all our skins are different, so maybe if you continue to use a little bit longer you will get the results."
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:14 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thank you Blues and Scally. I appreciate your posting your time on the KH and the results you have noticed. I did take a "before" pic, so after 1 month I will take another and see if I am noticing anything or not. Thanks again for your replies!

After I replied back to the girl at the KH UK site that I did not have any immediate result, she wrote this back: "If you give the skincare creams chance to acclimatise to your skin, I am sure you will see a difference. Most customers do report seeing a difference almost immediately but obviously all our skins are different, so maybe if you continue to use a little bit longer you will get the results."

Riley, call the toll free number for the US KH and also ask JoE. I'd like to see what they say.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I'll let you know what they say!
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Riley,

I've been using the line for maybe a month. I do think I've had some results with my eyes which I mentioned. My skin texture is improved - it's very soft. I also think it's plumped up a little - more filled in. Probably the most dramatic thing is that I'm not breaking out. If I start to at all, I put on some of the oxy and it's gone. My skin tone I don't think has changed. Sad But I still have hope for that! So don't stress out -- I'd give it at least a month. I've gotten used to everyone else calling "Bingo!" as soon as they start using a product. It's always much longer for me.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I started with VK1% a few days ago (JoElla gave me two sample packs). So far, so good. Tonight I'll give the essential mask a try - overnight. HOpe to ramp up to VK2% in another day or two.
Like Scally results show up on me quickly. I have stopped using C-23 for now and Super cop but will integrate them and resume in time as I see what the KH is doing.

I know JoElla does not charge shipping and as she said to me order what you want and add others as you need. So, I'm off to order.

Scally - Thanks for the eye cream eval and to all others for their input. I will be adding this to my order.

Next Question: How's it going with the Vitamin H product? I"m hesitant only due to my oily skin tendency.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I'm back! Totally exhausted but had a great time in Austin for Marley-fest! My skin still looks great, I did my normal steps in the AM, Cleanser, scrub, FA, OF. This however was the type of vacation that you fall into bed every night, makeup and all! Embarassed My AM routine was enough to keep everything in check and still look good.

When I got back I found my box of goodies waiting for me. This morning I used the Milky Cleanser (nice cleanser, still getting used to the scent), Scrub (still love it!), Essential mask (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this mask. I really did look great after rinsing), salacious earth clay mask from GOW, FA and VK2. There is so sign of my weekend debauchery on my face!

I got the eye cream and silhouette as well but have yet to try them, will report back when I do. I cant believe this thread grew so quickly when I was gone!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Yogi. That helps to hear of someone else who does not get immediate results. I always take much longer, as well! Thanks again for the encouragement!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Welcome back Vonstella. Marleyfest - jealous over here!

CAn't wait to hear your results with the new goodies.

Sis
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:40 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Sis

Haha! Well, I had no idea what to expect! I went for a friends birthday and had never before seen so much er, "relaxing" going on in public at once. Ate at some really good cafes/diner's while I was there too.

I wanted to add that my kit from JoElla came in a really cute black satin drawstring travel bag. Its big enough to hold it all too. Im off to give the silhouette a test drive.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Sis

Haha! Well, I had no idea what to expect! I went for a friends birthday and had never before seen so much er, "relaxing" going on in public at once. Ate at some really good cafes/diner's while I was there too.

OHHHH. I cannot wait to hear about the Silhouette. Glad you had a good time.

I wanted to add that my kit from JoElla came in a really cute black satin drawstring travel bag. Its big enough to hold it all too. Im off to give the silhouette a test drive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Sis, I've been using the H since Friday night, I think. The feel and texture isn't what I expected. I was thinking it would be this super moisturizing cream and it's not. It goes on and sinks right in. It's early yet to know about effects but I've been putting it on the chest as well and I woke up today with no chest wrinkles. I'm busty and I sleep on my side so I thought that was a good start. The color of the cream is quite surprising, school bus yellow!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
THanks Blues.

Vonstella - we're all eagerly awaiting Silhouette report.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
THanks Blues.

Just to let y'all know Im using it for stretchmarks not cellulite, so its going to take me longer to see results. Its no lie, this stuff does turn your skin white! Mine stayed white for about 45 mins. So make sure you dont have any where to go or anyone to, ahem, entertain for about an hour.

Cant remember who mentioned this but its not your imagination about broken caps shrinking. I have two on my face that have gone from bright red to a brownish color since starting. They are about half the original size now too. Cant wait to see what happens with those.

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Wow!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review/info, Vonstella. I'm going to use up my other cellulite creams prior to spending the money on the Silhouette but let me tell you, it's hard to resist.

I've been cupping before putting on the cream I have so my plan is to do the same when I do get the Silhouette as the increase in blood flow is supposed to really assist product absorption.

Can't wait to hear more.

Blues, school bus yellow! Wow! Can't wait to see it because I will be ordering the H soon. Yay!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
THanks Blues.

Just to let y'all know Im using it for stretchmarks not cellulite, so its going to take me longer to see results. Its no lie, this stuff does turn your skin white! Mine stayed white for about 45 mins. So make sure you dont have any where to go or anyone to, ahem, entertain for about an hour.

Cant remember who mentioned this but its not your imagination about broken caps shrinking. I have two on my face that have gone from bright red to a brownish color since starting. They are about half the original size now too. Cant wait to see what happens with those.

I have one, count em' one broken cap on my nose from squeezing a blackhead. NO CHANGES, darnit!
Wow about the Silhouette. Cannot wait to try it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

I have one, count em' one broken cap on my nose from squeezing a blackhead. NO CHANGES, darnit!

I shall weep for your one broken cap. I'm jealous. I have so many. No changes yet.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

I shall weep for your one broken cap. I'm jealous. I have so many. No changes yet.

It's right on the tip of my nose. I hate it. It's impossible to cover. I know I should call and get an appointment to have it zapped but I.am.a.chicken.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
yogi wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

It's right on the tip of my nose. I hate it. It's impossible to cover. I know I should call and get an appointment to have it zapped but I.am.a.chicken.

Given that you're one of the more courageous people I know, that makes me giggle.......

Ok, back on topic....it'll be interesting to see if the KH line changes it.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thought I would post my reply in case there are any other people out there just starting this line and not seeing instant results or feeling any sensation. This is from JoElla's responce to me about no change yet and no sensation applying the creams:

"You will not always feel tingling. It kills the bacteria, so people with this problem will feel it more. When I do a facial and someone says their face is tingling in a certain area. I know something is going on with their skin in that place. Maybe over processing, pimple, over scrubbing, etc. The oxygen heals the skin. That is why the tingling. After about 3 weeks, it will be other people that notice your skin. I had people coming up to me and asking what I was doing to my skin. I did not notice a difference personally. After so many compliments, I realized my skin was changing. Then I started using the AHA Cream to soften my fine lines and wrinkles. I would get up every morning and look at my skin in the mirror. It was changing before my eye."

This was great to read from JoElla, and I hope it helps somebody else, as it did me!
havana8

Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
It did me! Thanks, rileygirl. Smile
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Me too, Riley. However, I'm now a bacterial infested pigpen!!! Laughing

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |