Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Wow. A hand cream? Do you pat it in on the tops of your hands and then do the palms?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if you could use Optim X with KH?
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Sister Sweets- Lovely suggestion of using the Optim Ox with the KH but I really don't need more Oxygen at this point. I am afraid I would blow up with too many chemicals lol.

I honestly don't think Oxygen is going to solve MY particular problem which is these nasty wrinkles. I do have glowing skin from the Optim OX and seriously I don't wear liquid foundation any longer unless I am going out for an evening out on the town.

It was kind of like banning the bra when I started using Optim OX, silly as it sounds but I never went outside without my full foundation. Now it is just a little Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, Laura Gellar Balance N Brighten (in Fair).

Weekends here is my routine in two minutes flat out the door for my face (Minimalist everything). Optim Ox, moisurizer, Eyebrow powder, mascara, LG Balance & Brighten, liptini (for blush and lip stain) lip gloss.

Thanks for your help.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Here's my update about a few things Herzog. I heard back from JoE regarding the Silhouette and Tonus. Copied below. Shock

Actually you can do the Tonus first and the the Silhouette. Most of the time, whatever product you want to penetrate goes under the oxygen. The oxygen pushes it into the skin more. With the Silhouette you more or less pat it on. Don't massage it. Apply it to the needed area. Then you can massage the Tonus B 12 in on top. There is 4% oxygen in the Silhouette. You might feel a slight tingling. You can use it morning and night together. Or alone. They call it the dynamic duo. I have used the Silhouette forever. I like it to lighten the skin also. It helped me with some sundamage.

Okaay.
Laughing Looks like confused is supposed to be my state of mind.
Last night I did Ala the Swiss. Silhouette first and then waiting a few minutes and topping it with the Tonus. Tonight, I reversed that using Tonus first waiti ng a few minutes and then topping with Silhouette. I felt some pins and needles type sensations that I didn't experience last night. However, I feel like it looks odd, like my skin looks streaky. This could be why KH recommends the Tonus goes on after Silhouette. I find it quite awkward to apply larger body areas using the pat pat technique. Feeling much like I did the first few times I used the oxy on my face. I applied it to my thighs, butt, and torso tonight, wrapping the torso in saran wrap. We'll see what happens.
For those of you intersted in the Choco cleanser. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stuff. I think I may want the Choco comfort cream as well.
So that's it for tonight. Thought you all might appreciate seeing a different name on the board tonight. LOLOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Blues, keep posting your experiences with the silhouette and the tonus. My silhouette has shipped, but like I said the tonus is on backorder. I am watching for your results with this dynamic duo! Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Blues, keep posting your experiences with the silhouette and the tonus. My silhouette has shipped, but like I said the tonus is on backorder. I am watching for your results with this dynamic duo! Very Happy

Like you could shut me up. Razz I hope I can get the hang of applying this stuff.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
I just have to weigh in and say that I love, love, love the Vit H!!!

I can't use it in the AM because I am so fair that it makes me look a bit yellow. Embarassed However, it is nothing short of miraculous at night - turning my rolling/retin-A ravaged skin into something MUCH softer.

I have ordered a few things from JoElla (VK3 for spots, Essential Mask, and some samples of the cleansing cream, etc.)...they finally shipped after a week, so I hope to see them in time for my next Saturday Spa Day. Smile

BTW, I am continuing to use my 302 actives under my KH, except for the 302 Drops.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I can't use it in the AM because I am so fair that it makes me look a bit yellow. Embarassed However, it is nothing short of miraculous at night - turning my rolling/retin-A ravaged skin into something MUCH softer.

I have ordered a few things from JoElla (VK3 for spots, Essential Mask, and some samples of the cleansing cream, etc.)...they finally shipped after a week, so I hope to see them in time for my next Saturday Spa Day. Smile

BTW, I am continuing to use my 302 actives under my KH, except for the 302 Drops.

Bethany,
You'll have to tell us about the VK3. I don't know anyone using it. I have a scar I wouldn't mind trying it on. Curious Bethany about why you're choosing to use the 302 under the KH versus alternating lines? Do you think you will know what will cause changes should you see any?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, how do you like the results of using the 302 under the KH? I try to give my skin a break on the weekends and just use the 302 and the drops but then go back to KH during the week.

I LOVE the A and C. The recovery boost can be a little bit irritating because of the lavender.

Blues, I have been using the duo also and I swear my fat belly looks a little bit smaller. I have had 4 kids and it looks like I am on my way to a 5th. But with the duo I am very impressed with the flattening of my stomach. I hate the time it takes to put on all this stuff, but I am going to do it consistently because of the results.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
Bethany, how do you like the results of using the 302 under the KH? I try to give my skin a break on the weekends and just use the 302 and the drops but then go back to KH during the week.

I LOVE the A and C. The recovery boost can be a little bit irritating because of the lavender.

Blues, I have been using the duo also and I swear my fat belly looks a little bit smaller. I have had 4 kids and it looks like I am on my way to a 5th. But with the duo I am very impressed with the flattening of my stomach. I hate the time it takes to put on all this stuff, but I am going to do it consistently because of the results.

How long have you been using the Duo, Cookie? I have four kidlets myself. I have a flat stomach but I have this one area where the skin is looser so I'm hoping I'll get some tightening there. Are you doing the pat pat or something else?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Blues, I have had the duo for a while but started using it every night for a little over a week.

I just recently ordered another one from Jo Ella and she wrote on the instructions to use the tonus first. I have been using it the other way around and have not patted on the silhouette but just layered it on.

You are so lucky to have a flat stomach. I took after my grandmother with a big stomach and chicken legs and after the kids the stomach was even bigger. I am also using this on my boobs to see if I can get a little firming especially after all the breast feeding.

What we women go through!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
bethany wrote:

Bethany,
You'll have to tell us about the VK3. I don't know anyone using it. I have a scar I wouldn't mind trying it on. Curious Bethany about why you're choosing to use the 302 under the KH versus alternating lines? Do you think you will know what will cause changes should you see any?

Blues, I will only be using the VK3 on any zits (which do show up occasionally), and the pigmented areas on the sides of my face.

As far as the 302 under the KH, my assumption is that the KH will help drive in any other actives based on the gas produced, etc.

I used 302 for a month by itself, and didn't see major changes, though I believe it is a very high quality line. And since I don't want to go the acids route, I think the 302 C under the KH is a very good combo.

I know that I saw changes almost immediately with the dermaroller (as opposed to any product line), and anything else is icing on the cake. I am not alternating because I read that the KH effects have a limited lifespan, and that is why they recommend a 2x/day application...if I use the 302 under the KH, I am hoping to get the best from both lines. However, I am alternating 302 actives as recommended to keep my skin receptors from burning out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:

Cookie, I really like the 302 products, but I am not sure that they are strong enough by themselves...KH seems to drive them in more deeply. But I have only been doing this for a week, and we'll see what longer term results show.

BTW, I have gotten used to the Vit H smell, thank goodness.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I am not alternating because I read that the KH effects have a limited lifespan, and that is why they recommend a 2x/day application.

Hi, Bethany! What do you mean by KH having a limited lifespan, and where did you read this?
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:03 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I think the 302 C under the KH is a very good combo.

This is exactly what I am interested in. I need new Vit.C to use during the summer, and 302 C Boost sounds really good (being non-acidic and all).

However, I am very new to the KH (it's only been 3 weeks) and I am trying to Rolling Eyes hold off on placing my second KH order until I've tested everything I have for at least a month. So, I'm desperately trying not to introduce too many new things at the same time. We'll see how much longer can I control myself Embarassed .

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:25 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

How long have you been using the Duo, Cookie? I have four kidlets myself. I have a flat stomach but I have this one area where the skin is looser so I'm hoping I'll get some tightening there. Are you doing the pat pat or something else?

Four kids!! Shock !! You guys are amazing .
Please do keep us posted on your progress as I am very interested in this combo. I am thinking about possibly using it as a follow up to the Fat Burning Gel on my lower body. Also - if it works, it could be of help with my upper body. I too don't have any fat on my stomach, but I do have some loose skin (I think it's my age and gravity that's doing this Sad ), so it would be great if the body combo actually helps with skin tightening.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:57 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

For those of you intersted in the Choco cleanser. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stuff. I think I may want the Choco comfort cream as well.

Hey Blues, are you saying you like the Choco cleanser better than the Professional cleanser?
I will be placing my next order next week and I need to buy a cleanser. I need something that will help with my congested and blackhead-prone skin. Which one would you recommend?
Also, I was looking at the Choco creams and both the Chocolate Moisturizer and the Choco 2 look very good. Are you seriously considering one of those and if yes - which one?

BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:18 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:
I am not alternating because I read that the KH effects have a limited lifespan, and that is why they recommend a 2x/day application.

Hi, Bethany! What do you mean by KH having a limited lifespan, and where did you read this?

Riley,
According to KH, once opened, the products have a five month life.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:31 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Hey Blues, are you saying you like the Choco cleanser better than the Professional cleanser?
I will be placing my next order next week and I need to buy a cleanser. I need something that will help with my congested and blackhead-prone skin. Which one would you recommend?
Also, I was looking at the Choco creams and both the Chocolate Moisturizer and the Choco 2 look very good. Are you seriously considering one of those and if yes - which one?

Hi Rubby,
That's a hard question because I like them both.The Choco seems a tad bit thinner in consistency and I find it a little easier to spread and remove and I can't deny that the smell of chocolate is a plus for me. I really can't comment on the blackheads and congestion much but I did have some blackheads on my nose that are gone from using the original pro cleanser. I think Marina is the one who swears by the professional cleanser for blackhead removal. Her skin is oily but not acneic. They both claim to do the same thing so I'm guessing you'd be ok with either. As yet, I don't have a KH moisturizer yet so I am considering the Chocolate one. Yogi ordered the Choco2 and I think she prefers the Oxy face to it. She said that it doesn't smell like chocolate at all. JoE told her that the choco2 could be subbed for the Oxy face but it sounds to me like it's more like a Kombi than anything.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I can't rave enough about the CC. It's the perfect cleanser for oily/mature skin...ok. it's the perfect cleanser for everybody. It not only deep cleans but leaves your face feeling plump and soft..hey, anyone with oilyish skin over 45 wants this. We don't want greasy and we don't want to feel stripped. We want plump, moist and firm...in that order.Naturally, now I've ordered the chocolate one since I hate being out of the loop.

Watch it with the eye cream, especially if you have dark lashes. My bottom lash tips are now a lovely shade of light brown. My problem is I have really long bottom lashes (thank heavens) and I guess they come in contact with the cream. I don't wear mascara on my bottom lashes either...I end up looking like a raccoon by the end of the day and I think it's aging anyway.

I had a sample of the choco2, it doen't smell like chocolate, more like a latte. It's good, all 3 products smelling like chocolate may be overkill. My impressions at the time were that it was oilier that VK2. Again, this was a one time sample, but I like that the VK2 is matte. I need another sample
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:47 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

Riley, I read it in the KH media catalog:

Quote:
WHY OXYGEN

Karin Herzog medical grade skincare uses a stabilized liquid hydrogen peroxide, when applied to the skin, enzymes change this from a liquid to a gas and the oxygen suspended in the cream reacts on application and penetrates deep into the skin creating healthy, revitalized skin with visible results lasting up to eight hours.

http://www.karinherzogus.com/medias/pdf/product_catalog.pdf

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Bethany!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I would never have known that yet I seem to remember reading that ohhhsolong ago when I started this line. When I began asking questions of JoE she told me I could use it once a day and have results. Because then, I wanted easier versus more stuff to put on my face, I ended up using it twice a day. The funny thing is, I don't notice a change throughout the day. My face looks the same when I wake up and splash with cool water as it does when I wash my face at night. The only time I've noticed my face looking different was when I used the Lightening and I had to counteract that with the Essential Mask. Those of you who have a local spa you can work with, ask them about this, I'm curious. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I would never have known that yet I seem to remember reading that ohhhsolong ago when I started this line. When I began asking questions of JoE she told me I could use it once a day and have results. Because then, I wanted easier versus more stuff to put on my face, I ended up using it twice a day. The funny thing is, I don't notice a change throughout the day. My face looks the same when I wake up and splash with cool water as it does when I wash my face at night. The only time I've noticed my face looking different was when I used the Lightening and I had to counteract that with the Essential Mask. Those of you who have a local spa you can work with, ask them about this, I'm curious. Wink

Blues, I don't think anyone said people wouldn't see results using it once a day. I would assume they would, though they might not be the same level as using them twice a day. I guess it comes down to why they recommend 2x a day usage...it is either for better results or selling more product, or both! Very Happy

Of course this is all totally different that what I was originally talking about, which was discussing taking a full day or more off KH to alternate with other product lines...I would prefer to keep using the KH daily and use my 302 products under it, as opposed to taking a full day or more off. But that's just my preference at the moment, and that is always subject to change. Laughing

So back to the 2x vs. 1x...here are some quotes fromPaul Herzog below. It looks like if one was going to use it only 1x, PM may be more important that AM.

Quote:

TRANSCUTANEOUS LOCAL SUPPLY OF THE
"OXYGEN MENU® "
A MILESTONE IN COSMETOLOGY

Vita-A-Kombi 2% releases after application 8.2 mi of molecular oxygen per gram of cream. The dissolved oxygen content in the extra cellular water of the skin of the face amounts to 1.2 mi of 02 per 100 mi of tissue water. The oxygen pressure measured in this region reaches 350 mm Hg. This is essential,because the cells in the regenerative layer draw their energy from a combustion process in which nutrients, oxygen and water are absolutely necessary.

A twice-daily application, one of which must be made before going to sleep, keeps the OXYGEN MENU active in the subcutaneous region, even during sleep when the capillary action is low.

Numerous observations made at the KARIN HERZOG INSTITUTE as well as trials carriedout in hospitals of international repute confirm the therapeutic effect of the percutaneous application of the cream VITA-A-KOMBI, against early ageing of the skin of the face or cell hydration of the subcutaneous tissue. The repair of subcutaneous tissue is characterized bya rapid formation of new cells and of collagen, requiring more oxygen and more nutrients than the normal tissue does.

Consequently, the oxygen and nutrient requirements of a healing tissue are particular high. A supplementation by means of the VITA-A-KOMBI is necessary, because cell hypoxia, even when temporary, causes a decrease in collagen production with a reduced mechanical resistance.

http://karinherzogspa.com/pdf/Transcutaneous%20Local%20Supply%20of%20the%20Oxygen%20Menu.pdf

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany for clarifying. It's so damn hot here everything, including my brain is feeling sluggish.
After reading your links, that would explain the red face you and Rubby experienced, right?

ETA a big thank you for this information from Dr. H. Verryy interesting.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |