Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rubby,
Here's some additional information for you. Very Happy

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28488

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Ok Ladies here is my early "review" and thoughts on the products Im using. For reference Im 26 (27 in August), Im a smoker and have a ton of post acne marks (although im not currently breaking out) and Im super oily.

First off, am I the only one who is a little freaked out by how fast results are with this line. Not that Im complaining but usually we wait 2-3 months to see results from any product and here I am on my 4th day with fantastic results! Im using the Oxygen Face, Scrub, and Fruit Acids. Ive been applying the FA (waiting 10 mins)then the OF, both in the AM and PM. Ive added the scrub once a day. Not only are my acne scars faded (already using less cover up the second day) but my pores (all over) are so tight. They have shrunk at least 50%, its so strange I keep checking my skin in different light to make sure! I also got greedy and patted some OF all around my eyes and on my lids, within 20 mins all the signs of sleep depravation (not to mention fine lines) were gone. Cannot wait for my next package with even more goodies to get here! Im going to add my Vit C back in today and see how that goes.

Ive used the OF to also heal a cut, 2 small patches of excema and a irritation rash on my girl parts. All with total success!

If I hadnt had several people tell my I looked refreshed and my skin looked really, really nice I might be inclined to think this was all in my head. I really hope the results keep up as I am very impressed thus far.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:08 am      Reply with quote
WOW! Congratulations Vonstella. Keep us posted on further results. Do you use the fruit acids all over your face?
havana8

Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:13 am      Reply with quote
congratulations, Von! how do the FAs feel? any sensitivity? redness or irritation?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:13 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
Ok Ladies here is my early "review" and thoughts on the products Im using. For reference Im 26 (27 in August), Im a smoker and have a ton of post acne marks (although im not currently breaking out) and Im super oily.

First off, am I the only one who is a little freaked out by how fast results are with this line. Not that Im complaining but usually we wait 2-3 months to see results from any product and here I am on my 4th day with fantastic results! Im using the Oxygen Face, Scrub, and Fruit Acids. Ive been applying the FA (waiting 10 mins)then the OF, both in the AM and PM. Ive added the scrub once a day. Not only are my acne scars faded (already using less cover up the second day) but my pores (all over) are so tight. They have shrunk at least 50%, its so strange I keep checking my skin in different light to make sure! I also got greedy and patted some OF all around my eyes and on my lids, within 20 mins all the signs of sleep depravation (not to mention fine lines) were gone. Cannot wait for my next package with even more goodies to get here! Im going to add my Vit C back in today and see how that goes.

Ive used the OF to also heal a cut, 2 small patches of excema and a irritation rash on my girl parts. All with total success!

If I hadnt had several people tell my I looked refreshed and my skin looked really, really nice I might be inclined to think this was all in my head. I really hope the results keep up as I am very impressed thus far.

I'm with you Von, it freaked me out too and that was why I waited six weeks to review. I kept thinking I was losing my mind. LOLOL. From my experience, somewhere around day 10 to 14 I noticed the bumps but again that seemed to be part of the progress and they disappear. Vonstella, I think I read somewhere that smokers would really benefit from the VK 2. I'm loving the simplicity of this. Do let us know how you do adding in the C. I think we have the same C but I've not tested it yet. Btw, for those of you who noticed I was trying the Jan Marini Booster, I'm giving it a thumbs down. My results were no doubt from the KH and I think the Booster might be slowing down my KH progress.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Yogi, Yes Im using the FA all over and even on my neck and chest. Not crazy about the smell, although it does fade.

Havana8, the FA feels fine, no negative reaction in any way.

Bluesheart, The info on VK2 for smokers is one of the things that attracted me to this line, the OF is the same oxygen % as VK2 just with no Vit-A.
I'll let you know about the Vit C, Im going to replace my AM FA with the C. Cross your fingers for me!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:31 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
Yogi, Yes Im using the FA all over and even on my neck and chest. Not crazy about the smell, although it does fade.

Havana8, the FA feels fine, no negative reaction in any way.

Bluesheart, The info on VK2 for smokers is one of the things that attracted me to this line, the OF is the same oxygen % as VK2 just with no Vit-A.
I'll let you know about the Vit C, Im going to replace my AM FA with the C. Cross your fingers for me!

Will do! Something I've noticed. I think the Oxygen Face is good to have around. I don't have any as I gave mine up in my zeal but I think I'm going to get some. In hindsight, I think the OF would have helped the bumps I got.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Okay - help me out here girls! The Fruit acids - are they from KH?

Do we need both VK2 and OF?

My order just shipped - should arrive next week. I'm going to finish up the JM Booster and then hit the KH with zeal!

I'm thinking of the Vit H next time too. So any reviews are appreciated. I'm slowly using up all of my existing products so this will be a good time to use the KH.

I'm also goign to check out the John Hill product but have the KH duo strongly in mind. June is just around the corner. I do'nt have cellulite but firming is something I'm always working at.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
What kind of bumps are you meaning? I did notice that I got small hard bumps by the second day but they were easily extracted and after I applied the OF the spots healed up at an almost alarming rate! They were also in my "prone to congestion" areas so I think that it was more purging underground debris rather than a negative reaction as no more have showed up and because I could feel them (but couldn't get them) before I started the line.

BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

My order just shipped - should arrive next week. I'm going to finish up the JM Booster and then hit the KH with zeal!

I'm thinking of the Vit H next time too. So any reviews are appreciated. I'm slowly using up all of my existing products so this will be a good time to use the KH.

I'm also goign to check out the John Hill product but have the KH duo strongly in mind. June is just around the corner. I do'nt have cellulite but firming is something I'm always working at.

Yes Sis, the Fruit Acids are KH. I did order the Vitamin H and am waiting for it, impatiently. I too am intrigued by the body line. I consider the fat burner from John different than the body duo from KH. I look forward to the feedback on the Silhouette and Tonus. I want to avoid knee wrinkles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
What kind of bumps are you meaning? I did notice that I got small hard bumps by the second day but they were easily extracted and after I applied the OF the spots healed up at an almost alarming rate! They were also in my "prone to congestion" areas so I think that it was more purging underground debris rather than a negative reaction as no more have showed up and because I could feel them (but couldn't get them) before I started the line.

Von, I'm talking about the same kind of bumps you are. I didn't think I'd need the OF but I think it would be good to have around. It seems to work slightly differently than the VK 2. The bumps seem to be old stuff coming up but I think the OF does a better job of getting rid of them than the VK2. Did I just make sense? LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Hey SS! Yes, the Fruit Acids are from KH. I guess that using several of the products is really up to #1 What your skin can handle/needs and #2 what issues you are wanting to address.

I have a sample of the Vit H coming with my order so I will let you know what I think of it. Although because of my age and skin type I wont be using it daily, just if I need more moisture. I did speak to JoElla about it and she said it was excellent for smoothing out wrinkles and calming irritation, she said that if you wake up with chest wrinkles from your breasts this stuff will pop those wrinkles right out. However, being the president of the IBTC I don't have that problem.

Okay so I realize that I'm almost 27 and most people don't think that younger skin needs firming but HOLY COW that's one of the biggest things I have noticed, my skin is so taunt--in a good way, even around my eyes. Even though I don't "party", smoking, working nights and being a single Mom (hello no sleep) is enough to make any age skin sag and look tired. This line has really addressed those issues for me like no other. I feel rejuvenated!

I'm starting to sound like a fanatic... Laughing

BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm. Ok Vonstella, I'm going to come out on the branch and say this, something I've told others in private an I hesitated to say anything in the thread yet but I do believe that my skin looks firmer as well. I went two nights without VK 2 an last night I couldn't stand it any longer so I used it and when I got up this morning my first thought was daanng, my face does look tight. I swear that my smile line next to my mouth looks shorter and shallower. I've thought that initially about a few other products but this time I think it's the real deal.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
vonstella wrote:

Von, I'm talking about the same kind of bumps you are. I didn't think I'd need the OF but I think it would be good to have around. It seems to work slightly differently than the VK 2. The bumps seem to be old stuff coming up but I think the OF does a better job of getting rid of them than the VK2. Did I just make sense? LOL

Yes you did! Laughing I could kiss you for getting me interested in this line, while its not cheap its so great to see such postive changes. Its makes me a little sick to think about how much money I have wasted on stuff that didnt do anything.

Hope you will settle for this little guy!

vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Hmm. Ok Vonstella, I'm going to come out on the branch and say this, something I've told others in private an I hesitated to say anything in the thread yet but I do believe that my skin looks firmer as well. I went two nights without VK 2 an last night I couldn't stand it any longer so I used it and when I got up this morning my first thought was daanng, my face does look tight. I swear that my smile line next to my mouth looks shorter and shallower. I've thought that initially about a few other products but this time I think it's the real deal.

Good! Im not going insane then! I thought it might have been a fluke side effect like the tightening you experience when using a gel type serum but this is lasting even after I wash it off and dont apply any thing else. If it wouldnt be totally uncomfortable, I would sleep with this line under my pillow Im loving it so much.

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Vonstella, that sounds like great results. I am a smoker, as well, which after BluesHeart initial review and my reading up on this stuff, is what made me want to try it. When I asked JoElla about using the osmosis or KH, she said that the results I would get with osmosis would not hold a candle to what I will see with KH. I can't wait to try this stuff!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Vonstella, that sounds like great results. I am a smoker, as well, which after BluesHeart initial review and my reading up on this stuff, is what made me want to try it. When I asked JoElla about using the osmosis or KH, she said that the results I would get with osmosis would not hold a candle to what I will see with KH. I can't wait to try this stuff!

Wooooo! I am so excited by you all sharing your experiences. When do you expect your KH, Riley?

Vonstella, I'm a single mom too and have been most of the kid's lives so I know what you mean. The other day I thought to myself I wished I'd found this ten years ago. It's all the more exciting for me to hear your experiences. Keep sharing, good and bad.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, BluesHeart! My order shipped on Friday, so probably early this week, depending on the mail system! Very Happy
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
There is a spa that carries the KH line not too far from my house. The esthetician? told me that she puts on a vitamin C serum before the Kombi cream in the morning and a glycolic before the Kombi cream at night. Her skin was so pretty and she said that it was a mess before she started to use the line. Now I am thinking about adding a vitamin C product. My credit card is smokin!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
There is a spa that carries the KH line not too far from my house. The esthetician? told me that she puts on a vitamin C serum before the Kombi cream in the morning and a glycolic before the Kombi cream at night. Her skin was so pretty and she said that it was a mess before she started to use the line. Now I am thinking about adding a vitamin C product. My credit card is smokin!

Ahhh, so that's the smell I'm getting all the way in the midwest, Cookie's credit card. I've got a C serum here but I'm going to wait another week and give it a shot. I have the C23, I think, from Cellbone. I'd love to try Skinceuticals CE with this. Von is starting tomorrow so I'm sure she'll check in.

ETA: Cookie, what glycolic does she use??

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have to know. Am I the only one lemming the Earth Magic? If someone ordered this, let me know.

Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I have to know. Am I the only one lemming the Earth Magic? If someone ordered this, let me know.

I am not so much only because I am not a big fan of talc... Sad

Egyptian Earth - Magic Fair
Ingredients: Talc, Kaolin, Brown Pigment Natural Dark Nr 5-063459, Mica, Titanium

(as listed on Dermstore)
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
LOL, Bluesheart, the glycoloic they use is their own private label, they did say that any will do. My skin isn't so dry now and has really adjusted to the oxygen. I have been using this line for about 3 weeks and have not even wanted to stray. It is a miracle.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
My friend was kind to send me a generous amount of Vita-Apricot Cream. I have used it the past two nights as a solo night cream. So far, so good. I have not had a reactions and my face felt really good in the morning.

Question: I know most of you are brand new to this line. I recently ordered my favorite Glymed Plus products. Do you think I could continuing using the Vita Apricot at opposite time of day as a product with glycolic acid? TIA

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
havana8

Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Since the Vita-A Apricot combines 2% oxygen with glycolic acid, you may want to consider alternating the Vita-A Apricot with your Glymed glycolic product. I am only guessing but would expect that using glycolics twice a day may be a bit much for the skin particularly in its more active combination with the oxygen.

Vita-A Apricot
Ingredients: Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Hydrogen Peroxide, Apricot Kernel Oil PEG-6 Esters, Prunus Armenaica, Citrus Nobilis (Essential Oil of Mandarin Orange), Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Glycolic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinol, Parfum.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |