Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
clearskindiva
5% products discount

Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, huge mystery. I wonder if they are just not putting it on their website ingredients. We should call them and ask. Question
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
I think that dermstore just recently added the KH line. On the ingredient list for the tonic it lists alcohol denat. and no parfum. I think they probably have reformulated it. They say that denat. alcohol is not the same as the stripping kind.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
I think that dermstore just recently added the KH line. On the ingredient list for the tonic it lists alcohol denat. and no parfum. I think they probably have reformulated it. They say that denat. alcohol is not the same as the stripping kind.

I was under the impression that the Toner was a new addition to the line. I remember reading something about it in one of JoE's newsletters. Maybe I'm thinking of the Tonus?

5% products discount

Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All,
The Karin Herzog Swiss website says the tonic lotion contain 3% alcohol. It mentions that the alcohol "is essential to preserve this significant quantity of water without adding chemical preservative agents.

This percentage of alcohol does not dry the skin and has 2 useful effects: it dissolves chalky, which can become deposited in the pores if you have very hard water at home, and it soothes irritation, thanks to its antiseptic action."
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:02 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
clearskindiva wrote:
Hi, I was so shocked that they say no alcohol in the Tonic and put it in, so I went to the karin herzog US website and this is what they had. I am wondering if they changed the formula. I wouldn't want this if it had alcohol either! They listed this as the ingredients of the tonic:

Aqua Glycerin Polysorbate 20 citric acid almond oil peg-6 esters methylparaben propylparaben parfum

Hmmm...maybe they did change it because the back of my bottle does include denatured alchol as the 2nd ingredient. Note that my version does NOT have "parfum" and the one without the alcohol DOES include it.

Ingredients: Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Almond Oil, PEG-6 Esters.

BTW, I just got mine from JoElla this week.

Peppy, would you mind checking the back of your bottle to see which version you have? Thanks!

Hi bethany,

mine is the same as yours - 2nd ingredient alcohol denat. I got mine from EDS about a week and a half ago. Peppy
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, this thread is much too long to read through all of it! But from what I have read I am definitly interested in trying it. I was wondering if someone who has experience with this line could give me a suggestion about what to start with. I am 25 years old but have started to notice that my fine lines and expression lines are more noticable and don't go away when I stop smiling and I'm not gonnastop smiling! I have combination skin, slight oilyness in the t-zone and am looking for something to help diminish the lines. Any suggestions?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
jenw wrote:
Sorry, this thread is much too long to read through all of it! But from what I have read I am definitly interested in trying it. I was wondering if someone who has experience with this line could give me a suggestion about what to start with. I am 25 years old but have started to notice that my fine lines and expression lines are more noticable and don't go away when I stop smiling and I'm not gonnastop smiling! I have combination skin, slight oilyness in the t-zone and am looking for something to help diminish the lines. Any suggestions?

Hi Jen,
My suggestion would be to skim the first ten pages and look for a poster named Vonstella. She is near your age and had great luck. Now, she's not posted in a while and it's possible she ran into problems but if she did you should probably know that. With that said, you're awfully young to be getting fine lines so I wonder if you're skin is dehyrated. If so, this line could work very well for you as the oxygen delivers much needed moisture into the skin.
Starting slow, I'd maybe try one of the cleansers and either the oxygen face cream or vita kombi 1.

ETA that you might ask for samples of one of the above and maybe the Fruit Acids AHA cream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Hi Jen,
My suggestion would be to skim the first ten pages and look for a poster named Vonstella. She is near your age and had great luck. Now, she's not posted in a while and it's possible she ran into problems but if she did you should probably know that. With that said, you're awfully young to be getting fine lines so I wonder if you're skin is dehyrated. If so, this line could work very well for you as the oxygen delivers much needed moisture into the skin.
Starting slow, I'd maybe try one of the cleansers and either the oxygen face cream or vita kombi 1.

ETA that you might ask for samples of one of the above and maybe the Fruit Acids AHA cream.

Dehydration is one of the first things I thought of when I read Jen's post too.

Jen, have you considered adding emu oil or squalane (from olives) to your routine? It could be that moisturizers that you are currently using might be overwetting your skin barrier and causing too much evaporation.

I have combo skin and can be breakout prone, but have experienced no issues with either of them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Hi Jen,

Dehydration is one of the first things I thought of when I read Jen's post too.

Jen, have you considered adding emu oil or squalane (from olives) to your routine? It could be that moisturizers that you are currently using might be overwetting your skin barrier and causing too much evaporation.

I have combo skin and can be breakout prone, but have experienced no issues with either of them.

Actually Bethany, in theory, once the skin normalizes one shouldn't need additional moisturizers. I have used squalene and love it but it's not been necessary one my skin adjusted to the oxygen, which is amazing to me. This could change with winter though and I suppose climate would affect what you may or may not need. However, since you do so many other things to your skin, that may be a different situation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Actually Bethany, in theory, once the skin normalizes one shouldn't need additional moisturizers. I have used squalene and love it but it's not been necessary one my skin adjusted to the oxygen, which is amazing to me. This could change with winter though and I suppose climate would affect what you may or may not need. However, since you do so many other things to your skin, that may be a different situation.

The dermarolling is definitely increasing my need for more moisture...I have turned into a sponge.

But it is nice to hear that once I stop torturing myself, my usage should decline due to the oxygen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

The dermarolling is definitely increasing my need for more moisture...I have turned into a sponge.

But it is nice to hear that once I stop torturing myself, my usage should decline due to the oxygen.

LOL. Why is it I just pictured that guy from the movie, Pinhead? Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
bethany wrote:

LOL. Why is it I just pictured that guy from the movie, Pinhead? Shock

Can you believe that there are NO Pinhead smilies to be found on the internet? I've looked and looked! What a travesty...I could use that thing all the time! Very Happy

Editing to add: I actually just found one, but it doesn't work on this forum, darn it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jen,

ETA that you might ask for samples of one of the above and maybe the Fruit Acids AHA cream.[/quote]

Thank you for your recommendation! I think dehydration could be a problem for my skin and I'm hoping the oxygen will help with this. Does the Vita Konbi 1 have retinol in it? I wasalso have trouble deturmining whether the Vita Kimbi 1 or 2 would be best or would the Karin Herzog Vit-A-Apricot Cream be better?
Faithfully10

Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I've read every post on this topic and have decided I would like to try one KH product. Just can't decide on which item to try. I am 50 with melasma, dry skin, large pores. I have very few wrinkles. I wear sunscreen every day (Blue Lizard). Can someone make a suggestion? I use retin A and a glyoic peel 2 times a week. I think it is Thomas Roth peel?

5% products discount

Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Faith,
I haven't been on any of KH products as long as many others on this thread, but I can tell you which one I personally prefer. I am a little older than you, but have many of the same issues you mentioned.
The first product I bought was the Essential Mask. This is a great product. It does contain O2 and is meant to be used 2X a week. Since I don't have any negative reaction to the O2, I use it more often and sometimes sleep with it on.
I am also using the Kombi 2 and the lovely rose scented Vitamin H cream. I have been using these in conjunction with the mask for less than 2 weeks, so it's hard for me to evaluate their effectiveness. I will say that when I used the mask, I could tell immediately that something good was going on! It really gives your skin a glow.
So...if I was going to buy only one product...it would be the Essential Mask. You get the advantage of the O2 and at least for me, it works.
You mentioned dry skin being an issue for you. Me too. The one product I have been using for the past three months, and would never be without because it actually works, is Substiane by La Roche-posay. It is created for mature skin and would be way too heavy for younger skin. It is the most hydrating product ever. I'm using once a day (in the morning)...on top of my Kombi2 and H.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Saladgirl,
Great post and I'm glad you're sharing your experience. I became interested in the Sustiane when I saw someone I know who'd overdone the peels and saw how it changed her skin for the better. I want to clarify that you apply the Kombi first, then the Sustiane? Or do I have that backwards?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:17 am      Reply with quote
jenw wrote:
Hi Jen,

Thank you for your recommendation! I think dehydration could be a problem for my skin and I'm hoping the oxygen will help with this. Does the Vita Konbi 1 have retinol in it? I wasalso have trouble deturmining whether the Vita Kimbi 1 or 2 would be best or would the Karin Herzog Vit-A-Apricot Cream be better?[/quote]

Jen,
Yes, the VK1 does contain the Vitamin A. Most people seem to do best starting with the VK 1 but again that depends on your skin. What you need to remember is that 1 and 2 are not products you necessarily have to step up to gain results. The Vita K Apricot is much more expensive and it might be a mistake to start there. Maybe request a sample?

Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:28 am      Reply with quote
saladgirl wrote:
Hi Faith,
I haven't been on any of KH products as long as many others on this thread, but I can tell you which one I personally prefer. I am a little older than you, but have many of the same issues you mentioned.
The first product I bought was the Essential Mask. This is a great product. It does contain O2 and is meant to be used 2X a week. Since I don't have any negative reaction to the O2, I use it more often and sometimes sleep with it on.
I am also using the Kombi 2 and the lovely rose scented Vitamin H cream. I have been using these in conjunction with the mask for less than 2 weeks, so it's hard for me to evaluate their effectiveness. I will say that when I used the mask, I could tell immediately that something good was going on! It really gives your skin a glow.
So...if I was going to buy only one product...it would be the Essential Mask. You get the advantage of the O2 and at least for me, it works.
You mentioned dry skin being an issue for you. Me too. The one product I have been using for the past three months, and would never be without because it actually works, is Substiane by La Roche-posay. It is created for mature skin and would be way too heavy for younger skin. It is the most hydrating product ever. I'm using once a day (in the morning)...on top of my Kombi2 and H.

Saladgirl,

Thank you very much for the recommendtions! I have been in search of something for my dry skin which has been drier since I'm going through menopause. It is okay right now with the hot weather, but this past winter was very dry and any makeup over any mositurizer I used looked pasty/dry. I will look into the La Roxhe-posay product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have the link to the web page that showed the body of one of the Herzog girls?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
You mean Noelle? It's been removed. The pics are gone from my email.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
You mean Noelle? It's been removed. The pics are gone from my email.

Yes, thanks Marina. Someone had asked to see the ad but I'd deleted my mailbox.

5% products discount

Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi BluesHeart,
Right now I'm using the Substiane in the morning. First I use the Kombi2...let it sit for a few minutes until the "whiteness" (from the hydrogen peroxide?)dissipates. Then I put on some of the Vitamin H...wait a few minutes again, and finally pat on some of the Substiane.
At night I have been using the same order of Kombi2 and Vitamin H, but I few times a week a end with some of the Essential Mask.
I love this stuff!!
If anyone has any other routines that are working for them, I would love to know.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
saladgirl wrote:
Hi BluesHeart,
Right now I'm using the Substiane in the morning. First I use the Kombi2...let it sit for a few minutes until the "whiteness" (from the hydrogen peroxide?)dissipates. Then I put on some of the Vitamin H...wait a few minutes again, and finally pat on some of the Substiane.
At night I have been using the same order of Kombi2 and Vitamin H, but I few times a week a end with some of the Essential Mask.
I love this stuff!!
If anyone has any other routines that are working for them, I would love to know.
sn't

Saladgirl,
Thanks for clarifying. Have you noticed anything else from the substiane? It's supposed to thicken the skin as well, as I understand it.
And yes, I love this stuff too. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
How does this line compare to Oxygen Botanicals? Is it as good? If I were to use the oxygen cream, what would be a good serum to use underneith that shouldn't cause irritation since I read that oxygen acts a a pusher?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
jenw wrote:
How does this line compare to Oxygen Botanicals? Is it as good? If I were to use the oxygen cream, what would be a good serum to use underneith that shouldn't cause irritation since I read that oxygen acts a a pusher?

I know nothing about the Oxygen Botanicals line. Sorry. Maybe someone else will. What sort of serum are you considering and for what? You need to remember that you will be pushing everything in, including things you may not want, such as preservatives.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |