Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Diana.
I wanted to clarify what I said. I've felt sensations before from the oxygen but it's not what I would classify as stinging. How we feel things is pretty subective so you may very well feel it as stinging. Does that make sense? Confused

Yes, but to me it did feel like stinging. Not a wipe-off-quickly sting but a should-I-be-worried sting. What's weird is that I decided to also try it on my other arm, left it on about 10 mins and again got the whitish skin (which went away about 5 mins after I washed the mask off) but this time the spot had red bumps covering the small area, like an allergic reaction. It doesn't itch, but the spots are still there and it's been about 15 mins. But I didn't get the spots on the first arm. Question Strange because if it WAS an allergic reaction it should have been on both arms. Maybe I'll just try it on my forehead tonight for about 5 mins and see what happens. If I get the rash my bangs can cover it.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Diana.
I wanted to clarify what I said. I've felt sensations before from the oxygen but it's not what I would classify as stinging. How we feel things is pretty subective so you may very well feel it as stinging. Does that make sense? Confused

Yes, but to me it did feel like stinging. Not a wipe-off-quickly sting but a should-I-be-worried sting. What's weird is that I decided to also try it on my other arm, left it on about 10 mins and again got the whitish skin (which went away about 5 mins after I washed the mask off) but this time the spot had red bumps covering the small area, like an allergic reaction. It doesn't itch, but the spots are still there and it's been about 15 mins. But I didn't get the spots on the first arm. Question Strange because if it WAS an allergic reaction it should have been on both arms. Maybe I'll just try it on my forehead tonight for about 5 mins and see what happens. If I get the rash my bangs can cover it.

EEEkKKK. That would be nervewracking, Diana. Let us know how it goes tonight.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Just thought of something. Try the oxy face on your arm and see what happens. If nothing, then maybe one of the ignredients in the mask is getting you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Blues and Yogi - thank you for your comments re: Mild Scrub. It seems I'll be adding the Scrub to my order.
(Gosh, my hubby is gonna throw me out of the house - together will all my cosmetics and my overcharged CCs Rolling Eyes .)

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing rubby LOL, I got rid the husbands and kept all my cosmetics.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Just thought of something. Try the oxy face on your arm and see what happens. If nothing, then maybe one of the ignredients in the mask is getting you.

Good idea. Not sure if you can see it well here, but right in the centre is the rash area and on one side is the mask and the other side is the oxygen face. Both areas went whitish but this time no bumps. It's been about a half hour since I washed the areas off and they are still stinging abit, but no bumps, and the white has pretty much disappeared. I guess I will just ease very slowly into this. Let's hope the skin on my face is thicker than my arm.
BTW, when you all applied the creams, did the cream sort of seem to bubble, like you would expect hydrogen peroxide to? Only lasted for a couple short time. I don't remember anyone commenting on that and thought it was odd.

yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Diana,
I've had he white thing. It always went away after a few minutes. I think - I didn't pay much attention. But a rash is not so good - did you get it from JoElla?
Deneve
5% products discount

Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

If you have acneic skin I'd ask for a sample of the Oxygen Face. Who are you purchasing from?

ETA: JoElla has a set for congested skin. You might look and see what all that set contains.

I've just been buying it from EDS. Thanks for the rec. I'll look into it.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
Diana,
I've had he white thing. It always went away after a few minutes. I think - I didn't pay much attention. But a rash is not so good - did you get it from JoElla?

No, I bought it from EDS. But that's a relief to know that others get the white with no problem.

So I put the mask on my forehead and nose and it didn't start to sting until the 10 min mark so I immediately washed it off. Then I put a very, very small amount of the oxygen face on my forehead and nose. So far so good. I'll wait another half hour and if everything is still looking normal than I'm going to go ahead and put it all over my face. My arms must just be very sensitive, although I quite often test products there with no problems. I have to say though, that even though I only left the mask on for 10 mins, my nose pores look great!
clearskindiva
5% products discount

Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Diana,
I'm pretty sure this is a normal reaction. The oxygen blanches the skin for a while. I use the silhoutte on my thighs and stomach and it always turns white for at least 20 minutes- then goes back to normal. Its stings but in an itchy way every time I use it. That is the penetration of the oxygen into the skin. You get used to it after a couple of weeks. I'm not sure about little bumps...haven't heard of that. They should go away quickly.

Rubby, I love the scrub and use it on my clients and myself. It's very safe scrub, you can't damage your skin because the grains are perfectly round spheres of marble.
clearskindiva
5% products discount

Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Diana,
Oh, also it is perfectly normal for it to bubble up on the skin..just means it's working!
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thought I'd mention how I've been using the AHA. Once a week I put on a somewhat thick layer, keep it on for about 15 minutes, and wash it off. My skin feels really smooth after.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:

Bad Grin I only had one and that was enough.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
clearskindiva wrote:
Diana,
I'm pretty sure this is a normal reaction. The oxygen blanches the skin for a while. I use the silhoutte on my thighs and stomach and it always turns white for at least 20 minutes- then goes back to normal. Its stings but in an itchy way every time I use it. That is the penetration of the oxygen into the skin. You get used to it after a couple of weeks. I'm not sure about little bumps...haven't heard of that. They should go away quickly.

Rubby, I love the scrub and use it on my clients and myself. It's very safe scrub, you can't damage your skin because the grains are perfectly round spheres of marble.

Diana, I think Havana had some stinging but I can't remember the details.
I get little prickleys sometimes from the Silhouette. I can never figure out why some areas do and some don't. Clearskin, how do you recommend applying the Silhouette and have you started the TonusB12 yet? One more question, are you in the States. YOu can pm me if you'd rather not post that info on the board. Surprised

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart thanks for asking about my cheeks. They are still there Laughing Wrinkles and all. I have not received the Remergent yet. But I do agree that the Dermaroller does require much more hydration. I am using some Z.Bigatti that is very hydrating for now.

I am hoping that since I am off the hormones that I don't get the "spots" back again. If I do, I am convinced the only thing that would get rid of them is the CO2 laser and I am not going near one of those with my skin in this lifetime. I would rather have spots.

Now interesting, I have not been using my Elysee Optim OX (incapsulated oxygen) lately since I have been using my Leaf & Rusher and yes who told me to drag out my Tazorac and Vitamin C.

Well this morning I broke out with three zits after using my Optim OX. Now this is a good thing....... I know the product is working and this product is a WOW product for my skin. Gorgeous glow I forgot I had that got lost somewhere in my youth.

If I didn't have so much money invested in Elysee and everything else I have bought this month from you enticing folks I would buy the Pure Skin- PSF Oxygen. Not sure how different is from Elysee but would want to compare.
clearskindiva
5% products discount

Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Blues, I am in Calif. Where are you?

I apply the silhouette on my thighs trying not to rub it in. Sometimes I think it's working, other times I'm not so sure. It's only been a couple of weeks and I think it takes at least a month. Plus the Cheetos I've been eating are probably not helping Bad Grin
Have not tried the Tonus yet. Still waiting for the shipment.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
clearskindiva wrote:

I apply the silhouette on my thighs trying not to rub it in. Sometimes I think it's working, other times I'm not so sure. It's only been a couple of weeks and I think it takes at least a month. Plus the Cheetos I've been eating are probably not helping Bad Grin

Oh damn. I was hoping you were in the midwest. I'm trying to find someone in Chicago who does the facials. I like the Tonus very much. It's the most hydrating body lotion I've ever used.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
BTW, has anyone read the "New Science of Perfect Skin" by the Remergent guy?

He totally dismissed the concept of free radicals as possibly an overblown marketing pitch...he tested himself by pouring HP all over his arm and waiting for the free radical damage to set in and at least create a sunburn like area. Nothing happened (as expected). I found his write-up quite entertaining!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

He totally dismissed the concept of free radicals as possibly an overblown marketing pitch...he tested himself by pouring HP all over his arm and waiting for the free radical damage to set in and at least create a sunburn like area. Nothing happened (as expected). I found his write-up quite entertaining!

Not yet but I did order it. A marketing pitch for what, Bethany? I'll be anxious to see how you like the DNA Repair. As I typed that I think I have some samples of the Antioxidant Refoliator. Oh yippeee. Funny how that wasn't mentioned by anyone else. Laughing

5% products discount

Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
clearskindiva wrote:

Oh damn. I was hoping you were in the midwest. I'm trying to find someone in Chicago who does the facials. I like the Tonus very much. It's the most hydrating body lotion I've ever used.

Sorry Blues! I will try the Tonus as soon as possible. I did just get the Vit H and it seems similar..that is a lovely cream. Very high in B vitamins.
Are you an Esthetician too? I thought i saw you post about clients...
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
clearskindiva wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
clearskindiva wrote:

Sorry Blues! I will try the Tonus as soon as possible. I did just get the Vit H and it seems similar..that is a lovely cream. Very high in B vitamins.

Oh no. I'm just a lowly Pilates trainer addicted to skincare and cosmetics. And yes, the Vitamin H is lovely. Great for the chest.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:

Just saw this - totally cracked me up!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
clearskindiva wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
clearskindiva wrote:

Oh no. I'm just a lowly Pilates trainer addicted to skincare and cosmetics. And yes, the Vitamin H is lovely. Great for the chest.

I wish Blues was teaching in my area - I'd be there in a NY second.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
bethany wrote:

Not yet but I did order it. A marketing pitch for what, Bethany? I'll be anxious to see how you like the DNA Repair. As I typed that I think I have some samples of the Antioxidant Refoliator. Oh yippeee. Funny how that wasn't mentioned by anyone else. Laughing

A marketing pitch, as in the next big thing to sell (anti-oxidants to save us all from the free-radical doom).

He states that the benefits of anti-oxidant supplements are VERY shaky, and too much can actually turn them in to pro-oxidants which generate free radicals.

And that topical anti-oxidants really don't protect human skin (based on lab studies). You should focus on Vitamins A, C, and E which work in an orchestrated manner together, but for reasons other than the anti-oxidant reasons.

5% products discount

Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Blues, I wish you were here! I love Pilates and have a portable reformer...I know, not the same but good for warm ups. I helped my friend study for the Pilates Certification and I can't believe how hard it was! Don't refer to yourself as just a Pilates teacher. It's as hard as a Physical Therapist. I totally respect the Pilates coaches and realize how bright they are. It's such an important thing to do also, we need lots of you guys to keep us looking young Wink
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |