Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
havana8

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
jf wrote:
ok sorry i'm lame...but when purchasing from EDS how do we use the 25% discount code when at checkout it automatically takes the member % off? i was looking for a way to deactivate my member discount so i could input the 25% discount. i could just not log-in so the system doesn't automatically add my member discount...

After you click "checkout", underneath the total there is a blank area for "referral code". Once you type in gogreen2008 in that spot and click "redeem", the system will automatically swap your member discount for the summer sale discount. Smile
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
jf wrote:
ok sorry i'm lame...but when purchasing from EDS how do we use the 25% discount code when at checkout it automatically takes the member % off? i was looking for a way to deactivate my member discount so i could input the 25% discount. i could just not log-in so the system doesn't automatically add my member discount...

Put in gogreen2008 (I think that's it) in the referral code space when you check out, that overrides your discount code.
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
oh it worked! i tried that before but i must of mistyped the code or something. thanks havana!
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
blesstd, that is exactly what I have been noticing, this peach fuzz on my face and it really is starting to bug me. I would rather have it on my head since my hair is getting thinner with age.

I'm with you on needing the hair ON my head, not the face. My hair is thinning too with age. Between that and the wrinkles - not fun.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:15 am      Reply with quote
OK, now that we are talking about facial hair, I have a couple of comments:
* I've always had tonnes of "peach fuzz" (it has to do with my hormonal issues), and I must say I haven't noticed any increase in the amount of hair on my face (thank God Pray ).
* I have quite dark eyebrows and few not exactly white hair on my upper lip (like light tan colour). I was hoping that KH creams would help lighten them a bit. I, unlike most of you guys, was looking forward to some bleaching action. However - after good 5-6 weeks on KH - nothing, nada, zero . . . No bleaching what so ever.
I also don't get many of the skin reactions most of you get (tingling, whitening, bubbling, etc.) so I am quite confused about how my skin reacts to this line as compared to most of you.
And if you remember, I am one of very few people who occasionally get that redness of the skin. Confusing, I must say Confused Think Eh?

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
blesstd wrote:
cookie wrote:
blesstd, that is exactly what I have been noticing, this peach fuzz on my face and it really is starting to bug me. I would rather have it on my head since my hair is getting thinner with age.

I'm with you on needing the hair ON my head, not the face. My hair is thinning too with age. Between that and the wrinkles - not fun.

Rubby,
I no longer get the tingling type feelings from the Vita K's. I assume it's because my skin became accustomed to the line. I do get tingly's with the Silhouette. Maybe the redness is caused by one of the products. I'd ask someone with more knowledge. How are the breakouts?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
OK, now that we are talking about facial hair, I have a couple of comments:
* I've always had tonnes of "peach fuzz" (it has to do with my hormonal issues), and I must say I haven't noticed any increase in the amount of hair on my face (thank God Pray ).
* I have quite dark eyebrows and few not exactly white hair on my upper lip (like light tan colour). I was hoping that KH creams would help lighten them a bit. I, unlike most of you guys, was looking forward to some bleaching action. However - after good 5-6 weeks on KH - nothing, nada, zero . . . No bleaching what so ever.
I also don't get many of the skin reactions most of you get (tingling, whitening, bubbling, etc.) so I am quite confused about how my skin reacts to this line as compared to most of you.
And if you remember, I am one of very few people who occasionally get that redness of the skin. Confusing, I must say Confused Think Eh?

I haven't had any tingling or redness at all either but definitely less breakouts, skin is much brighter and softer. Totally freaked out by the increased facial hair thing! Fortunately I don't have facial hair (being Asian) but would DIE if I did, also the no-bleaching thing is great, I have been so paranoid about getting bleached eyebrows.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:25 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

How are the breakouts?

Oh, breakouts (big sigh) Rolling Eyes. They are still here (another sigh). Most are now drying out and leaving nasty red marks Confused , but a new one popped out on Friday and this one looks red and painful (this one is right on my jaw, which means it's hormonal).
I've been treating my face with blue light, and have been applying a thicker layer of Oxy Face on the spots, so hopefully, things will calm down soon.
What's really upsetting to me about this whole thing are not so much the breakouts on my face, but the nasty red and painful breakouts on my neck Shock. I never had those!! I don't know, it's all weird and I don't know what to think about this. I certainly hope it all goes away soon.

(I've been desperately trying to figure out what is causing this, and now I'm even wondering if it has something to do with my use of FBG!!?? I know it's a bit of a stretch, but at this point I am considering everything and anything).

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:36 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
What's really upsetting to me about this whole thing are not so much the breakouts on my face, but the nasty red and painful breakouts on my neck Shock. I never had those!! I don't know, it's all weird and I don't know what to think about this. I certainly hope it all goes away soon.

(I've been desperately trying to figure out what is causing this, and now I'm even wondering if it has something to do with my use of FBG!!?? I know it's a bit of a stretch, but at this point I am considering everything and anything).

Rubby, are these acne breakouts on your neck, or perhaps an allergic reaction?

I had some major red things appear on my neck when I used a version of CPs that was too strong for my neck (though my face could tolerate it). I stopped using everything, applied some hydracortisone, and they finally went away.

BTW, what is FBG?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:35 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I had some major red things appear on my neck when I used a version of CPs that was too strong for my neck (though my face could tolerate it). I stopped using everything, applied some hydracortisone, and they finally went away.

BTW, what is FBG?

Bethany, unfortunately, the bumps on my neck (and face) are nasty cystic acne. I just examined my skin and realized that there are more brewing just under the surface of the skin. So, I can expect more breakouts in the next few days Crying or Very sad.

As for the FBG, that's the Fat Burning Gel we've been discussing here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28488

babymax24
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Unrelated question/event.........just got in big order from Joella site (did not get one sample of anything) put the essential mask on, nowhere near my eyes but eyes started burning. Next AM one eye is red like I have pink eye. Have any of you had problems with these products near your eyes???
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
babymax24 wrote:
Unrelated question/event.........just got in big order from Joella site (did not get one sample of anything) put the essential mask on, nowhere near my eyes but eyes started burning. Next AM one eye is red like I have pink eye. Have any of you had problems with these products near your eyes???

I know that one product, maybe a kombi, made Havana's eyes sting quite badly. Is it possible you inadvertently got some in your eye. I know if I get something in my eye it becomes red.

Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
babymax24 wrote:

I know that one product, maybe a kombi, made Havana's eyes sting quite badly. Is it possible you inadvertently got some in your eye. I know if I get something in my eye it becomes red.

Yes, a few of the products made my eyes sting like crazy (kind of like when you are cutting onions). Off the top of my head, one of the KH products made ScotsLass's eyes sting like crazy too. Also Cookie mentioned somewhere early in the thread that her eyes stung a bit although that may have changed now.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
babymax24 wrote:

Yes, a few of the products made my eyes sting like crazy (kind of like when you are cutting onions). Off the top of my head, one of the KH products made ScotsLass's eyes sting like crazy too. Also Cookie mentioned somewhere early in the thread that her eyes stung a bit although that may have changed now.

I had the same reaction with the VK2...I could also smell something that smelled like chlorine at the same time, so I assume it was due to some vapors being released (and impacting my eyes) when the HP was doing it's thing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
bethany wrote:

BTW, what is FBG?

Bethany, unfortunately, the bumps on my neck (and face) are nasty cystic acne. I just examined my skin and realized that there are more brewing just under the surface of the skin. So, I can expect more breakouts in the next few days Crying or Very sad.

As for the FBG, that's the Fat Burning Gel we've been discussing here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28488

Oh no....that sounds horrible! Either the KH is bringing them all up to the surface, or something is causing them to be created anew.

The tough part is deciding whether to stop everything, or powering through with the KH. I might stop anything else new though (like the FBG) until the siutation calms down, and then add things back in one by one.

I'm sorry that you are having to go through this. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Rubby,
It's possible that you can't tolerate the mineral oil. I doubt it's the FBG as I'm going to assume you wash your hands after application? LOL. Only someone who uses the FBG would understand why I'm making that assumption. Myself, I wouldn't power through the products. I still recommend stopping everything. Could you maybe use only the OF on one small part of your face and see what happens?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Rubby,
It's possible that you can't tolerate the mineral oil.

Hmmm...that is a very good point.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Oh bummer, Rubby...I hate to think that you may have to give up the KH line!

I am loving it so far and have never found a product, let alone an entire line, that works so well. I am fascinated by the oxygen technology and I love the way my skin looks and feels using it. My skin has more than just a glow, it just seems to radiate healthiness and I have had lots of compliments on it lately.

Anyway Rubby, I hope that you can experiment and isolate what is causing these skin problems. Maybe it something hormonal and totally unrelated to your skincare regime??
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Rubby,
Are you using all the products on your neck?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi brenpasta,
I'm glad you're happy with the line. I hope it continues to work for you. Which of the products are you using?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys,
I finally broke down yesterday and decided to stop KH and go back to basics.
I applied a mild aspirin mask (with a lot of honey and sour cream) and kept it on for about an hour. Then I cleansed my face and applied the prescription antibiotic acne cream to all the pimples. And that was it.
Today, I'm gonna do the same (minus the aspirin mask). I just need to stop this mess on my face and then start all over.
Wish me luck.

P.S. Blues, about the FBG - I am wondering if some of the ingredients are entering my system through the skin and doing something to me internally. As I said, I know it's a stretch, but I don't know what to think.

P.P.S. As for the mineral oils - I guess it could be the oils in the KH, but why would I start breaking out like this 4-5 weeks after starting this line? It's just all nuts!

P.P.P.S. Oh yes - I do apply all KH stuff to my face and my neck. Not as often, but to my chest as well.

brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:38 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Hi brenpasta,
I'm glad you're happy with the line. I hope it continues to work for you. Which of the products are you using?

Let's see...I am using the Prof. CC, the Oxygen Face Cream in the am and the VK1 in the pm, and the Eye Cream. I also have the Scrub, the Fruit Acids Cream and the Essential Mask, that I use 1-2x a week. I just got samples of the Vitamin H cream and the VK oil so I am just getting started with them. I also have the Silhouette Cream and the Tonus. So...I guess it is safe to say that I pretty much am using the whole line!!

Love it so far!!

Blues - what is your KH routine these days?
clearskindiva
5% products discount

Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:11 am      Reply with quote
HI, i just wanted to post this for the gals who may be breaking out from the KH products. There is Wheat germ oil in a few of the products which is highly comedogenic...so that means it can cause zits. Read the ingredients thoroughly before using them. I know the Vit A kombi oil has it as well as all of the additional creams.
I used this line on myself for cystic acne along jawline and had incredible results. But i had only used prof. cleansing cream, Vit A kombi-1 and the scrub. Nothing else .
On the website for karin herzog US they list all of the ingredients on each product, so I hope this helps!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:26 am      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Hi brenpasta,

Let's see...I am using the Prof. CC, the Oxygen Face Cream in the am and the VK1 in the pm, and the Eye Cream. I also have the Scrub, the Fruit Acids Cream and the Essential Mask, that I use 1-2x a week. I just got samples of the Vitamin H cream and the VK oil so I am just getting started with them. I also have the Silhouette Cream and the Tonus. So...I guess it is safe to say that I pretty much am using the whole line!!

Love it so far!!

Blues - what is your KH routine these days?

Hi Bren,
My routine is about the same.
AM: Splash water on my face. Apply VK2. Make up.
PM: Wash with either pro cleanser or choco cleanser. Either Vitamin H or FA, depending on the day, VK2.
Twice a week I use the Essential Mask, one day I remove and the other I sleep in it. Sometimes I apply the oil or H first depending on my mood and needs. It's fairly simple at the moment. It's summer and I'm finding I need less moisture. Whether this is because of summer or my skin adjusting, I'm not sure. I'm testing the FA and may go ahead and get it. I'm not sure yet it will depend on whether or not I alternate with the 302. I would like to get the scrub even though I was underwhelmed with it at first. I too am using the Silhouette and Tonus. I'll review it more fully next week after a month of using it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Clearskin for jumping in. Hopefully, that will help Rubby get to the bottom of things. It's great having you there!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |