Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
So who took advantage of the GoGreen 25% off. Last Day. I'm still thinking about it. I already get 20 but my eyecream is looking a bit low and there is that Vit H I've been wanting?

I took advantage of it.....twice Confused I'm a sucker for a good sale. I'm also one of those people that stock up during sales which sometimes comes and kicks me in the butt because if I don't like it then I'm stuck with lots of something I'll never use. My sister loves it though because she gets it all. Smile

OK scratch that. I just tried to submit my second order and it wouldn't let me Sad Only allowed to use it once. Oh well, I got a great deal with my last order so I'm still happy. Smile
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Diana P wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
So who took advantage of the GoGreen 25% off. Last Day. I'm still thinking about it. I already get 20 but my eyecream is looking a bit low and there is that Vit H I've been wanting?

I took advantage of it.....twice Confused I'm a sucker for a good sale. I'm also one of those people that stock up during sales which sometimes comes and kicks me in the butt because if I don't like it then I'm stuck with lots of something I'll never use. My sister loves it though because she gets it all. Smile

OK scratch that. I just tried to submit my second order and it wouldn't let me Sad Only allowed to use it once. Oh well, I got a great deal with my last order so I'm still happy. Smile

Me too. I was planning my second order for quite some time and this 25% special came in very handy Very Happy . I combined it with my $50 voucher, so what would have cost me $160 will be around $75-$80. How sweet is that?
R. Wink

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

I did! I used the EDS special to purchase my first big order of KH. I've only had the Vit-H and lots of samples, courtesy of JoElla. After playing with all the samples, I ordered the prof cleanser, scrub (though I'm not that enamored with it...) Vit-2, Apricot (which I love) and the mask (which I really love as well) Oh and I bought the small Vit-3 and hand/nail cream from JoElla today. I went a little out of control today. Smile I must say, I'm amazed how quickly I've seen results. My skin is GLOWING. Unbelievable. Too bad I have my melasma. Its mucking up the results!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Jf = what do you think of the Vitamin H cream? This is something I've considered for a few months.
I love KH products - love them to pieces. Just used the Essential mask last night. My skin is oily though and so I've been reticent to try the Vit H. But I'm thinking on occasion it might be good to have and for the decolletage area! After the NIA scrub Blues recommended.
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Jf = what do you think of the Vitamin H cream? This is something I've considered for a few months.
I love KH products - love them to pieces. Just used the Essential mask last night. My skin is oily though and so I've been reticent to try the Vit H. But I'm thinking on occasion it might be good to have and for the decolletage area! After the NIA scrub Blues recommended.

sister sweets - i'm not sure about the vit-H. i've only used it about 5 days so too early to give a review. i've been testing out lots of testers. i can tell already it doesn't give me that immediate glow like the essential mask or the apricot cream. i've only used it on top of the Vit-1 so far though....and the Vit-1 is too weak for my skin. maybe it will be different with the Vit-2 I just purchased. anyways, if you have any other KH to buy, I would buy it from JoElla and ask for a Vit-H sample.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
I am at the 3 week mark with my KH regime and I could not be more pleased with my results. I had some significant purging initially but took it in stride as I knew it was possible/likely (especially since I suffer from regular hormonal breakouts anyway). Spot applying the Oxygen Face (or the Silhouette for more inflamed spots) definitely speeded up the breakout process, including the healing of the lovely red spots that tend to linger on my fair skin. Mad

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the overall health of my skin has improved dramatically (I almost can't overstate that either!). The texture is refined, my skin has a hint of color/glow and my pores are so much less visible. When I look in the mirror, I seriously get pleasantly surprised at how nice my skin looks.

My eye area has improved rapidly as well. I don't suffer from morning puffiness anymore and there is definitely less darkness underneath. The whole area just seems more toned, I guess. I also feel like there is an increase in skin tone and a decrease in lines around the Naso-Labial area but I don't want state that as fact quite yet. I am kicking myself for not taking 'Before' pictures though!

Now here is a fun thing that I don't believe I have read mentioned here before...I have been using the KH Hand and Nail Cream once a day and my normally very short nails which rip and tear easily are actually growing. When I started 3 weeks ago, there was no real white nail growth at the tips; they were that short (not nail-biting short, just short). I just recently took note of my nails and every single one of them has about 1/8" of white growth now!! And I do mean white; the oxygen whitened the tips and pinked up the nail bed so they look so pretty and healthy. The cuticles are almost invisible now too. They look like they have been manicured and I couldn't be more pleased. They feel stronger when I try to bend them too.

So, here I am, trying to come up with a 'Con' to balance out my review and make it more credible but frankly, aside from maybe the cost, I really can't come up with one as of yet.

So, after this long update (thanks for reading the whole thing, if you are still with me Laughing ), I guess you can tell I am a happy KH customer right now. Cool

Products that actually make a visible improvement in less than a few weeks? Who'd a thunk it?!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
That's wonderful to hear, Bren. I'm so glad it's working out for you. The Hand and Nail cream sounds so intriguing. Which then makes me think I might want to get the foot stuff too! It's never ending. My dressing table is a sea of black jars and tubes. LOL.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so glad someone mhad tried the Hand and Nail cream with positive results. I was thinking of trying it. brenpatsa, is it a very moisturing cream. Is it greasy, does it sink in quickly? I was looking at the application instructions and it says to massage into hands. I don't understand why the face cream says to apply without massaging in but the hand cream says the opposite?
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Vit H and really like it. I first started with the Oxy FC because congested pores/blackheads were my main concern. I experienced dryness and some peeling. I had a sample of the Vit H and started putting that on first, then the Oxy FC. My skin became softer/smoother by the next morning. I think it's because of it's emollient properties vs any miracle product, yet it doesn't feel greasy. Also, I thought it was a moisturizer but learned it's not. I also find that it easily absorbs in my skin so I need to be careful not to over do it and apply too much. I've tried using it twice a day but find that I start breaking out. I remember too that JoE cautioned me saying it was too rich for twice a day.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
blesstd wrote:
I have the Vit H and really like it. I first started with the Oxy FC because congested pores/blackheads were my main concern. I experienced dryness and some peeling. I had a sample of the Vit H and started putting that on first, then the Oxy FC. My skin became softer/smoother by the next morning. I think it's because of it's emollient properties vs any miracle product, yet it doesn't feel greasy. Also, I thought it was a moisturizer but learned it's not. I also find that it easily absorbs in my skin so I need to be careful not to over do it and apply too much. I've tried using it twice a day but find that I start breaking out. I remember too that JoE cautioned me saying it was too rich for twice a day.

Blesst,
The Oxy FC is also probably helping to push the H deeper into the skin. Are the blackheads improving?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
I'm so glad someone mhad tried the Hand and Nail cream with positive results. I was thinking of trying it. brenpatsa, is it a very moisturing cream. Is it greasy, does it sink in quickly? I was looking at the application instructions and it says to massage into hands. I don't understand why the face cream says to apply without massaging in but the hand cream says the opposite?

Diana - it's so funny...I have been so focused on watching for results in my face that the improvements in my nails just kind of snuck up on me! To answer your questions: Nope, not greasy at all. I was just noticing today how quickly it absorbs. I usually don't use much in the way of hand cream because I get annoyed by the "downtime" of my hands being all sticky and greasy.

What I do in terms of application is this: I place a small dollop of the cream in the palm of one hand and, with the opposing hand, lightly "dip" each fingernail into the dollop to assure that each nail gets covered. Then, I spread the rest of that dollop on the rest of the hand. I then repeat the whole thing on the other hand. It only takes a minute and, while it would probably be just as effective applying it the regular old hand lotion way, this appeals to my compulsive self Laughing and I know that each nail is being treated thoroughly.

I have wondered too about why an oxygen product is to be "massaged" in and honestly I have no idea. Really though, the product absorbs so quickly that it takes very little in the way of massaging to work it in and sometimes I just purposely swipe it on rather than rub it in.

BluesH - I got a chuckle about all of the black jars and tubes in your dressing area! My dh actually noticed my new collection(oops! Embarassed ) and commented that it appeared that 'someone' had been on a shopping spree!
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi BluesHeart & ladies there,

I was attached by the gogreen promotion and don't want to miss the chance to save $$ as I always want to try natural products... I initially wanted the organic stuff and then I found the KH line in the minieral section and this link... wow, to be honest, reading 15 pages already took me hours...

Well, finally I placed my order shifting all items to KH (I am moved by the review from BluesHeart and other ladies), prof cleanser, esst mask, vit-K 2 and OFC. Can't wait to receive the package and I have planned my regime and would like to seek you gals' comment:-

AM, my yonka cleanser --> OFC --> sunscreen
PM, Prof cleaser -->vit-k 2

I have been using PSF oxygen serum for a while and love what oxygen did for me and guess I should be ok to start with vit-k 2...well, I have a question, I assume OFC & vit-k will not be used together, correct? so any advices for me, thanks you ladies!!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Happycat wrote:
Hi BluesHeart & ladies there,

I was attached by the gogreen promotion and don't want to miss the chance to save $$ as I always want to try natural products... I initially wanted the organic stuff and then I found the KH line in the minieral section and this link... wow, to be honest, reading 15 pages already took me hours...

Well, finally I placed my order shifting all items to KH (I am moved by the review from BluesHeart and other ladies), prof cleanser, esst mask, vit-K 2 and OFC. Can't wait to receive the package and I have planned my regime and would like to seek you gals' comment:-

AM, my yonka cleanser --> OFC --> sunscreen
PM, Prof cleaser -->vit-k 2

I have been using PSF oxygen serum for a while and love what oxygen did for me and guess I should be ok to start with vit-k 2...well, I have a question, I assume OFC & vit-k will not be used together, correct? so any advices for me, thanks you ladies!!

Hi happycat,
I don't think there is any reason to use both the Oxy face and the vita k at the same time. They both contain oxygen so it would be redundant to use them both at the same time. Happycat, what type of skin do you have and what are your concerns? I think your planned schedule looks fine and my only recommendation would be to go slow. Maybe try the oxygen face for a week and see how you do and then add in the vita k2 at night. Be warned that you may experience some dryness and/or some purging. Make sure you use the amount recommended. Use the little spatula that comes with as that is the recommended amount. You can also use the oxy face as a mask to loosen sebum. I hope you have good luck make sure you let us know how you're doing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Re: Hand cream. The directions do state that the oxygen should not be massaged into your face because most of it will end up in your hands...in this case though, you want the oxygen in your hands so you massage...make sense to anybody, or do I need another coffee?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I think you got it Marina. Out of curiosity I just looked at the directions for the foot cream which I've c&p'd below. I did notice that for the hand cream it says to leave a small amount on the nail beds to absorb.

Feet:
Application

Apply a light film of foot cream, (ideally over a layer of Herzog's Foot Oil) onto clean skin and leave to self penetrate. Apply once per day for ultimate results and treatment.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:01 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the hand and nail cream review marina. i just bought some from eds the other day. anxious to see how it works on my biten nails and cuticles.... Confused
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Blues, for me the Vit H has become a "must have". My skin just drinks it up! I'm also addicted to the Prof Cleanser!

About the blackheads, although improved, my skin is not as clear as I'd like it to be. Not to say it's the products because I've had the most improvement with these products. Lately, I've noticed an increase in whiteheads (I think that's what it is) on the sides of my nose and chin area feeling rough. My guess is I've been exfoliating too much with the scrub and microfiber thinking to get rid of the roughness; I now have the reverse effect similar to when I've used acne products too aggressively.

I'm also beginning to think that while the Oxy FC is good for acne, it's not an every day treatment for my mature skin; more like a spot treatment. I suspect I'm missing the ingredients in the Vit A Kombi line which is why my progress has slowed and was actually better when I started out.

I could kick myself because I missed the EDS special!! One day I was so sure I needed the Vit A Apricot cream and the next day, I'd think the Vit A Kombi 1. I debated about it because I love the ingredients in the Vit A Apricot but wondered if I really needed another 2% oxy product? So I waited and then forgot to take care of it on July 4th with all the activities of the day!!

Well anyway, regardless, I think I will get the Vit A Apricot because the description says it's for aging skin with glycolic, oxy, vit A and apricot oil. It sounds like everything I need for the fine lines, etc. It also lists hyperpigmentation which I have but would you know what in it helps with that? Is it just the exfoliating? Or will I need another product for the hyperpigmentation?

So that's where I'm at - progress definitely made but now figuring out what to tweak and the next step to continue on!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:55 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Re: Hand cream. The directions do state that the oxygen should not be massaged into your face because most of it will end up in your hands...in this case though, you want the oxygen in your hands so you massage...make sense to anybody, or do I need another coffee?

Well that makes sense. I guess I always assumed that the reason for not rubbing it in was because the oxygen wouldn't work as well.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:01 am      Reply with quote
I just noticed the ingredients for the hand cream list almond oil, so that's out for me. I was thinking of trying the 3% oxygen body on my hands instead. Do you think it would give the same results and the hand and nail cream?
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
blesstd - don't despair over missing the EDS sale!! Skincarerxdotcom is still having their 20% off sale, thru 7/18th I believe. Their shipping is free for purchases over $49 and so much quicker than EDS. (Each time I have ordered from them, I have received my products in 2 days!!). The promotion code is listed on the top of their home page.

Hope this helps!
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
I just noticed the ingredients for the hand cream list almond oil, so that's out for me. I was thinking of trying the 3% oxygen body on my hands instead. Do you think it would give the same results and the hand and nail cream?

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you very well may have excellent results with the 3% body cream or even one of the 2% products as well (since that is the strength in the Hand and Nail Cream). I can't tell you how many nail creams I have tried over my many years and they've included just about all of the ingredients in the KH Hand and Nail cream except the peroxide/oxygen. This is the only time that I have had any results even close to what I am now experiencing thus I truly believe that the oxygen is the key ingredient. It even says in their literature that the oxygen is what promotes nail growth. So, if you have one of the KH oxygen products on hand (pun not intended Laughing Laughing ) I would definitely try applying it to your nails. Can't hurt, right?
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've read this whole thread, but it was when I was looking for different info, so I don't recall if this has been discussed. Why is it important to not rub in KH? Just curious. Has anyone pursued this/answered this yet? Does it smush the O2 molecules or sumpin?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:
I've read this whole thread, but it was when I was looking for different info, so I don't recall if this has been discussed. Why is it important to not rub in KH? Just curious. Has anyone pursued this/answered this yet? Does it smush the O2 molecules or sumpin?

Some of the thoughts regarding that very topic are shared above on this page!
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
blesstd wrote:
Well anyway, regardless, I think I will get the Vit A Apricot because the description says it's for aging skin with glycolic, oxy, vit A and apricot oil. It sounds like everything I need for the fine lines, etc. It also lists hyperpigmentation which I have but would you know what in it helps with that? Is it just the exfoliating? Or will I need another product for the hyperpigmentation?

blesstd - I copy and pasted some info. from the official KH site:

What Are The Best Products For Hyper-Pigmentation.

Treat the face as a whole, not just the pigmented areas, as the oxygen will alter the tone of the entire complexion. Always use Vita-A-Kombi Oil underneath Vita-A-Kombi 2 for skins with hyper-pigmentation.

I took from that info. that it is the oxygen itself that is responsible for improvements in hyper-pigmentation. Sounds like you will be in good shape with the Vita A Apricot. I have heard of some who use VK3 to spot treat areas of stubborn pigmentation though so that might another option down the road if it is necessary.

Hope this helps!
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
Sidda wrote:

Some of the thoughts regarding that very topic are shared above on this page!

Um. Where? I see the directions mentioned repeatedly, but I'm asking "WHY?"

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |