Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
blesstd - don't despair over missing the EDS sale!! Skincarerxdotcom is still having their 20% off sale, thru 7/18th I believe. Their shipping is free for purchases over $49 and so much quicker than EDS. (Each time I have ordered from them, I have received my products in 2 days!!). The promotion code is listed on the top of their home page.

Hope this helps!

sounds great! thank you . I also have good shopping experiences in skincaredotcom.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there...just weighing in on my use of the VK3 for spot lightening.

In a nutshell, I used it 2x a day for 2 weeks along the darkened areas on my jawline. There was very slight reduction in pigmentation, but way less than I had hoped for.

However, other people have had good results, so I would still give it a shot...just buy the small container first in case it doesn't work.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:
Sidda wrote:
I've read this whole thread, but it was when I was looking for different info, so I don't recall if this has been discussed. Why is it important to not rub in KH? Just curious. Has anyone pursued this/answered this yet? Does it smush the O2 molecules or sumpin?

Some of the thoughts regarding that very topic are shared above on this page!

Um. Where? I see the directions mentioned repeatedly, but I'm asking "WHY?"

Because if you rub into your face most of the oxygen goes into the hands verus into the facial skin. That's why they recommend you apply with the spatula and then gently pat small amounts into the skin. Some bypass that altogether and use a synthetic brush.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:
Um. Where? I see the directions mentioned repeatedly, but I'm asking "WHY?"

Here you go, from DianaP's post from above...

marina wrote:
Re: Hand cream. The directions do state that the oxygen should not be massaged into your face because most of it will end up in your hands...in this case though, you want the oxygen in your hands so you massage...make sense to anybody, or do I need another coffee?

Well that makes sense. I guess I always assumed that the reason for not rubbing it in was because the oxygen wouldn't work as well.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

In a nutshell, I used it 2x a day for 2 weeks along the darkened areas on my jawline. There was very slight reduction in pigmentation, but way less than I had hoped for.

However, other people have had good results, so I would still give it a shot...just buy the small container first in case it doesn't work.

Are you still using it, Bethany?
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Brenpasta, thanks for the tip on another discount and info on the hyperpigmentation. I agree, I think the Vit A Apricot is the next step for me. Think I'll check out that site and place my order. Thanks!
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
blesstd wrote:
Hey Brenpasta, thanks for the tip on another discount and info on the hyperpigmentation. I agree, I think the Vit A Apricot is the next step for me. Think I'll check out that site and place my order. Thanks!

You are certainly welcome! Let us know if you order other fun stuff other than the Vit A Apricot!
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I admit, this still seems odd to me. One could argue that one should never rub anything in, because it will end up mostly on your hands.

I guess what I'm really asking is... is this method really specific to KH and O2, or should we all stop rubbing our treatments in? Unless our goal is ageless glowing palms?

I'm especially wondering because I've followed skin care for... gad, 40 years? And I have never heard these instructions before. Piques my curiosity. And my wish to "Do All Things Better." Laughing

Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
The KH products by their very nature are both self-massaging and self-penetrating, ergo the advice to let them do so without interference.

Quote:
Stored as liquid phase oxygen, it is converted into a gas on contact with an enzyme in the skin called Catalyse. The release of this gaseous form of oxygen creates a pressure of up to ten atmospheres in a mechanical effect, which literally injects oxygen through the skin.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:
I admit, this still seems odd to me. One could argue that one should never rub anything in, because it will end up mostly on your hands.

I guess what I'm really asking is... is this method really specific to KH and O2, or should we all stop rubbing our treatments in? Unless our goal is ageless glowing palms?

I'm especially wondering because I've followed skin care for... gad, 40 years? And I have never heard these instructions before. Piques my curiosity. And my wish to "Do All Things Better." Laughing

It's specific to the formulation of KH and the oxygen.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
My guess is that the instructions are specific to KH's oxygen products and their unique way of being absorbed.

I have been doing alot of reading on the KH-UK site and came across this...

"Why was Dr Herzog’s discovery so remarkable?"

It works on 2 levels – it was in fact a double discovery. On the one hand, Paul Herzog had succeeded in stabilising oxygen in ‘fixing’ it in a cream. On the other hand, the oxygen contained in liquid form in the emulsion, was released in a gaseous form on contact with the skin, creating a pressure of up to ten atmospheres in a mechanical effect, which literally injected oxygen through the skin.
(emphasis is mine)

Also read on that site:

How Do I Apply The Creams Without Massage and Why?

The force of the oxygen converting to gas from liquid upon contact with human skin, will throw the oxygen deep into the tissues. If you have maximum contact with the hands, much of the cream will penetrate the palms instead of the face. These creams are advanced and will penetrate on their own. The best method of application is to dab the cream in dots around the face using the spatula provided, then quickly join the dots with the fingers and leave to absorb.

ETA: Looks like Havana and I were reading similar recaps of the KH research!!
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Fascinating. THANK YOU!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:
Fascinating. THANK YOU!

I find the research to be fascinating too and I can definitely attest to how different the absorption process is...when I apply the Silhouette lotion to my thighs, I feel a prickly sensation like little needles are shooting into my skin!! Not as unpleasant as it probably sounds but definitely not something that I have ever experienced before. When I read that description of the oxygen "literally being injected into the skin", I thought "yep, I have felt that!! Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
bethany wrote:

Are you still using it, Bethany?

No...I wasn't seeing a significant, plus it was making my skin red. So now I use it to dry up occasional zits, for which it is AWESOME!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Happycat wrote:
Hi BluesHeart & ladies there,

I was attached by the gogreen promotion and don't want to miss the chance to save $$ as I always want to try natural products... I initially wanted the organic stuff and then I found the KH line in the minieral section and this link... wow, to be honest, reading 15 pages already took me hours...

Well, finally I placed my order shifting all items to KH (I am moved by the review from BluesHeart and other ladies), prof cleanser, esst mask, vit-K 2 and OFC. Can't wait to receive the package and I have planned my regime and would like to seek you gals' comment:-

AM, my yonka cleanser --> OFC --> sunscreen
PM, Prof cleaser -->vit-k 2

I have been using PSF oxygen serum for a while and love what oxygen did for me and guess I should be ok to start with vit-k 2...well, I have a question, I assume OFC & vit-k will not be used together, correct? so any advices for me, thanks you ladies!!

Hi happycat,
I don't think there is any reason to use both the Oxy face and the vita k at the same time. They both contain oxygen so it would be redundant to use them both at the same time. Happycat, what type of skin do you have and what are your concerns? I think your planned schedule looks fine and my only recommendation would be to go slow. Maybe try the oxygen face for a week and see how you do and then add in the vita k2 at night. Be warned that you may experience some dryness and/or some purging. Make sure you use the amount recommended. Use the little spatula that comes with as that is the recommended amount. You can also use the oxy face as a mask to loosen sebum. I hope you have good luck make sure you let us know how you're doing.

Hi BluesHeart,

Thank you so much for your reply, you gals are going so far!

I am in 34 with combination skin. My concerns is I occasionally have breakouts and recently they seem not stopping and difficult to be healed. Another concern is I am having more and more age spots and uneven skin tone. I am really looking forward to the package to arrive so that I could try at once.

BTW, I am going to buy a brush as you ladies suggested, any idea what type of brush I should go for and also cotton stuff for the cleansing cream. I did not placed order to the vit H and have requested a sample in case I may encounter dryness when using vit-K 2. I some how see the term vit-K oil, what's that? It seems to help with the pigmentation?! I am still have the Dermalogica smoothing cream, if I do encounter dryness, can I put it on top?

I am sorry for long questions, you have my heartfelt thanks!

Happycat
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
HappyCat,
If you encounter dryness after beginning the oxygen products I'd go ahead and use a moisturizer you know works for you. You do need to wait six minutes before you put anything on top of the oxygen or vita kombi 2. The Vita Kombi oil is apricot oil with additional vitamins a, c, e added. I can't stress enough to go slowwww. Start with the oxygen face cream and nothing else for the first week or two. I don't use a brush but I think the other gals were using a small synthetic brush to spread the oxygen products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:32 am      Reply with quote
HappyCat - I purchased an inexpensive synthetic Fan Brush from Michael's (the arts and crafts chain) and it works perfectly. It is very light and delicate; it's bristles allow me to lightly sweep the cream across the skin without wasting any product. If you Google 'Fan Brush', you can see some photos of what I mean. Remember to look for a synthetic fan brush; some cosmetics companies sell fancy-schmancy goat-hair varities and that is not what you want!
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Brenpasta, placed my order for the Vit A Apricot Cream (got the 20% discount too, thanks!)and now I can't wait for it to arrive!

I didn't think about looking for a brush at Michael's, the arts and crafts store?! That's a great idea!

HappyCat, like Blues suggested, starting out slow to see how your skin reacts is best. I thought I started slow with using the Oxy FC once at night; I had to slow it down even further to once every other night. I am one of those who experienced dryness and needed to add my moisturizer. Good luck!

As always, thanks everyone for all the tips!
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I'm still using my KH products, but I find it hard to use any of them in the day because I find the products can make my face look a little shiny. Initially I was using the Oxygen Face during the day and VAK 1 during the night, but now I'm just alternating using them during the night. Anyhow i'm still seeing results using the products once per day.

I'm not sure that I'd repurchase the Oxygen Face, but I love the VAK 1. In the morning my skin looks and feels so smooth and my pores are definitely less noticeable. I'm really surprised that my skin has responded in general so well to the line, and I actually look forward to using the products!

I've just repurchased the Vita Kombi 1, and bought the Vita Kombi 2 aswell as 3 to spot treat areas. I hope i'll continue seeing good results.

I think I read somewhere in this thread that you should use the KH products for alternate months? Is anyone doing this.

I'm also really interested in trying the new Remergent products. Previously I was using the Remergent DNA Repair, but am not sure where this would go in my routine now....anyone have any ideas TIA.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
I'm still using my KH products, but I find it hard to use any of them in the day because I find the products can make my face look a little shiny. Initially I was using the Oxygen Face during the day and VAK 1 during the night, but now I'm just alternating using them during the night. Anyhow i'm still seeing results using the products once per day.

I'm not sure that I'd repurchase the Oxygen Face, but I love the VAK 1. In the morning my skin looks and feels so smooth and my pores are definitely less noticeable. I'm really surprised that my skin has responded in general so well to the line, and I actually look forward to using the products!

I've just repurchased the Vita Kombi 1, and bought the Vita Kombi 2 aswell as 3 to spot treat areas. I hope i'll continue seeing good results.

I think I read somewhere in this thread that you should use the KH products for alternate months? Is anyone doing this.

I'm also really interested in trying the new Remergent products. Previously I was using the Remergent DNA Repair, but am not sure where this would go in my routine now....anyone have any ideas TIA.

I'm glad it's working out for you, Sel. One jar of the VK should last approximately 4 months. There isn't any reason why you need to alternate lines unless you want to as some people discussed doing. Hopefully, someone here is currently using the Remergent to help you out. Just winging it here but I don't see why you couldn't use the Remergent DNA stil. You could do that several ways, either before your Kombi eor after. You might want to remember to be careful if you decide to use the Retinol since you're getting Vitamin A in the Kombi. Why not use the Remergent in the am alone?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
I just noticed the ingredients for the hand cream list almond oil, so that's out for me. I was thinking of trying the 3% oxygen body on my hands instead. Do you think it would give the same results and the hand and nail cream?

Why don't you want to use the hand cream because of the almond oil? Is there something wrong with almond oil or is it just a personal preference? TIA
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:

I agree with Blues - I've read that the remergent DNA product has three enzymes that are activated best by light. I would use it in the am and VK product in the pm.
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi BluesHeart, brenpatsa & blesstd,

Thank you you all for your nice suggestions & advices.

I will try to find a synthetic brush, form art store? I don't know one nearby, I will go for a cosmetic store first.

I will go slow...probably start with oxy FC first at night and then both AM & PM, and then replace it with Vit-k 2 in PM. Well, how can I be sure I could switch to the next stage?

Ladies, the thread is long, and I know you gals keep modifying your regime, what is you current regime now?

Once more question, what is diff between oxy FC and vit-k 2?

Many thanks!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Happycat wrote:
Hi BluesHeart, brenpatsa & blesstd,

Thank you you all for your nice suggestions & advices.

I will try to find a synthetic brush, form art store? I don't know one nearby, I will go for a cosmetic store first.

I will go slow...probably start with oxy FC first at night and then both AM & PM, and then replace it with Vit-k 2 in PM. Well, how can I be sure I could switch to the next stage?

Ladies, the thread is long, and I know you gals keep modifying your regime, what is you current regime now?

Once more question, what is diff between oxy FC and vit-k 2?

Many thanks!

Hi Happycat,
The difference in the Oxy face and vita kombi 2 is the vitamin a in the kombi. The oxy doesn't contain vitamin a.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to take this opportunity to profess my undying love for vit H. I stopped using it for a couple of weeks due to high humidity...I used to wear it during the day. I used it last night under VK2 and I noticed a big difference.I love the scent too, it really lingers..
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |