Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
I am curious about the new products also. I received an email this morning from the KH site about them. I called the USA office and they knew nothing about them. The rose one looks really nice.

I don't think they make things available to the US market immediately. Boooo.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
doba wrote:

I know that Tonus B12 is designed for the body. However, do you think that it still can be used on a double chin without any ill effects?

I have used the Tonus and the Silhouette area in that area and have had no problems with sensitivity or breakouts, etc.

As for results...I thought that I was noticing a general slimming down in that area (again, I sure wish I had taken pictures Sad ) but wasn't sure if I was imagining it and hesitated mentioning it in my longer review several pages back. I have had two people ask me if I have lost weight lately so maybe, just maybe it has indeed worked to some degree. It might be the Tonus working on water retention puffiness because it was fairly quick that I thought I saw improvement. I do know that the other oxygen products have definitely reduced puffiness around my eyes so I guess it makes sense that the Tonus and Silhouette could work in the jaw/chin area. Regardless, I will continue to use both of the products there as I have had no problems with it and I am just a hopeful kind of gal!

Great! I will definitely use the combo in this area, as soon as I'll receive it. Smile

Thank you very much!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
I just received the below from JoE.

Quote:
We will launch them in the US the first of August. No distributors will have them for 3 weeks yet.

I will send out a newsletter as soon as they are available. I will be the first to have them. Yes, the are very lovely products and we are excited to have them. Very oure also.

JoElla

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

Quote:
We will launch them in the US the first of August. No distributors will have them for 3 weeks yet.

I will send out a newsletter as soon as they are available. I will be the first to have them. Yes, the are very lovely products and we are excited to have them. Very oure also.

JoElla

Any guess as to what her last sentence is supposed to say? I am sure it is obvious and that I am just having a 'duh' moment!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Quote:

JoElla

Any guess as to what her last sentence is supposed to say? I am sure it is obvious and that I am just having a 'duh' moment!

Nothing that made sense to me. Laughing

Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Quote:

JoElla

It's Friday! Laughing I think it might be, "Yes, they are very lovely products and we are excited to have them. Very pure also."
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
oure = pure

Perhaps?
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Jinx, Havana!!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
Jinx, Havana!!

Whew! I was thinking 'outre' and wondering how the heck that was supposed to fit in there. Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
yogi wrote:
Jinx, Havana!!

Whew! I was thinking 'outre' and wondering how the heck that was supposed to fit in there. Embarassed

And I was thinking it was something chic and worldly in another language! Laughing

Pure sounds about right.

I am curious as to where in one's routine this new creams would go. I can't imagine they replace the VK's because they don't have the Vit A/Retinol. Would we need another cream with oxygen in it in our daily sequence? Just thinking out loud...
Any thoughts?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
yogi wrote:
Jinx, Havana!!

And I was thinking it was something chic and worldly in another language! Laughing

Pure sounds about right.

I am curious as to where in one's routine this new creams would go. I can't imagine they replace the VK's because they don't have the Vit A/Retinol. Would we need another cream with oxygen in it in our daily sequence? Just thinking out loud...
Any thoughts?

I'm wondering that myself,bren. I suppose you could use one of the new ones during the day. I'm really not sure I want to give up a Kombi for this but they do sound nice. I like the descriptor of "voluptuous". I'm looking forward to hearing more from JoE.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
The Kombi's have the vitamin A and E added so it is more for the aging skin. These new creams sound nice as maybe an in between the oxygen face cream and kombi, with the added rose or camomille and other pure ingredients.
I hate waiting, why do they advertise and then not have them for sale. Mad
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
The Kombi's have the vitamin A and E added so it is more for the aging skin. These new creams sound nice as maybe an in between the oxygen face cream and kombi, with the added rose or camomille and other pure ingredients.
I hate waiting, why do they advertise and then not have them for sale. Mad

We know what your credit card will be doing that day. BURNING UP. You're incorrigable, girl.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
LOL Blues, it has been smoldering a little bit lately and it is time to start burning again. Very Happy
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi gang,

Just a quick update. My skin has calmed down and I am now left with 1-2 healing blemishes and many fading scars. Not a nice picture, but much better than horrendous breakouts (mostly cystic acne) I was experiencing 1-2 weeks ago.

I stopped using KH (or anything else for that matter) for a couple of weeks and went back to basics (occasional mild aspirin mask with a lot of honey & prescription acne antibiotic cream). I am sure that helped getting things back on track.

In a meantime I ordered and received my new KH stuff - Professional CC, Mild Scrub, Essential Mask & Body Oxy 3%.

Two days ago i started reintroducing KH back into my routine. I apply VK2 once a day, I treat scars and some leftover blemishes with Body Oxy 3% (am & pm), and I tried the Mild Scrub and the Prof. CC once. So far so good.

I see you guys are already chasing some new KH products Smile . I guess, this beauty business is a never ending story. I think I'll stick to what I have now and see what my skin says. I must say, I have so many black containers and tubes in my bathroom that I have to be very focused not to grab a wrong one when I'm doing my PM routine Rolling Eyes .

Have a great weekend everyone Cool .

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:46 am      Reply with quote
You're a better woman than I, Rubby. I'd of been scared off by the acne outbreak. I feel bad since you'd just purchased all the new stuff. I'll cross my fingers for you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I bought the Chocolate cleanser a while back and started using it, and for me the professional cleanser cleans so much better. After the choco one, I take a cotton ball and some toner and swipe it across my face and I can't believe the amount of makeup that is on the cotton.
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:05 am      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
I bought the Chocolate cleanser a while back and started using it, and for me the professional cleanser cleans so much better. After the choco one, I take a cotton ball and some toner and swipe it across my face and I can't believe the amount of makeup that is on the cotton.

That's good to know Cookie. I have a sample of the Choc cleanser but haven't tried it yet, I'm so addicted to that Prof cleanser
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:36 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
You're a better woman than I, Rubby. I'd of been scared off by the acne outbreak. I feel bad since you'd just purchased all the new stuff. I'll cross my fingers for you.

You know what, I am almost certain that KH did not have anything to do with my break out. I could, of course, be wrong, and the time will tell if I am, but for now - I am giving it another try.

The reason I think it wasn't KH? My hormones are completely wonky (and I mean REALLY wonky) and I had weird breakouts showing up on my chest (where I was using KH, although not as regularly), on my shoulders (no KH), my upper arms (no KH) and my upper back (no KH). My face was by far the worst, but other parts of my upper body looked quite bad as well. So, I'm thinking it was my hormones (and possibly the FBG).

I did not apply FBG anywhere but on my but, hips, and thighs. However, I am concerned that my body and my system may have gotten overloaded with an ingredient it didn't like (you know how John says to use FBG on small areas only Think ? Well, my but is not small and I was using this 4 x week.). I know this is quite a stretch, but I stopped using the FBG (and KH, to be honest) and my skin is calming down.

I'll reintroduce KH slowly and see how that goes. If after 2 weeks things look more or less OK, I'll reintroduce FBG (as I really liked what it did for my but Wink).

I'll keep you posted on my findings as I go along.

As for the new stuff I purchased - I ordered it right in the middle of my breakout, so I was fully aware that my second purchase may be just throwing $$ into the wind. However, I'm thinking that the stuff I bought are the components I should have had from the get go - good cleansing and pore cleaning + something strong for spot treatment. I don't know, perhaps I am a complete nut for sticking with this line, but I feel I need to give it a good test (and eliminate other 'influences') before I can deliver my final verdict.

(At the same time - everyone, please pray for me and my skin Wink Rolling Eyes )

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:11 am      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:

Hmm. I've not had that experience at all. I wash with a square cotton pad and it's completely free of dirt by the time I rinse and in the am the only thing you see on my white cotton is the H. I like them both and can't imagine using anything but KH cleansers in the future. Love this stuff.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:35 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:

You know what, I am almost certain that KH did not have anything to do with my break out. I could, of course, be wrong, and the time will tell if I am, but for now - I am giving it another try.

You know, I am happy to hear that you are going to give the KH another try, Rubby. I came across an old post of yours from back in May and you were in the midst of a big breakout then and that was pre-KH. Sounds like your hormones are sporadically rearing their ugly heads which I know is majorly frustrating; I share the same problems. This is the first line that actually gives me hope....
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:56 am      Reply with quote
OT kind of. Has anyone tried the body oil by KH? I started drybrushing this week and love it but I noticed in one of the EDS threads someone recommends a body oil afterwards versus a lotion.I cannot believe how soft my skin is from dry brushing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I have now been using KH for almost 3 weeks. I know it's not that long but I thought I would give my initial results of the line.

I used the oxygen face twice a day for the first 2 weeks, with the essential mask twice a week. I have combo skin and did not use any additional moisturizers. The first few days my skin felt a bit dryer than usual with some very slight flaking on my nose. It only lasted a couple days. When waking up in the mornings, the rest of my face felt oily especially around my nose but after washing it went away and my skin felt very soft. After the two weeks I could see a slight improvement in the overall appearance of my skin. It looked brighter and more even.

I noticed two things in that first two weeks that hooked me to this line. One, the very small bumps that I usually have on my cheeks (clogged pores?) almost disappeared within the first week and my skin was very smooth. The second thing is that for the past year or so I have had a rash right where my glasses rest on my nose. I thought it was because my glasses weren't fitting right so a few months ago I went to the office and they refitted my glasses and changed the plastic pieces because they said it looked like I was allergic to the plastic. No change. The rash almost looked like eczema so my doctor suggested an over-the-counter cortisone cream but that didn't work either. I hated it because I don't like to always wear my glasses but if I took them off I had a bright red bumpy patches by my nose. But the patches were totally GONE after using KH for about 4 days. It was totally unexpected and I was shocked. To me that was a huge sign that KH was doing amazing things.

After 2 weeks I switched to using VK1 twice a day, the essential mask twice a week, added in the professional cleansing, mild scrub and eye cream. The VK1 is adding more moisture to my skin I think and I am still getting the oily feeling in the morning. I have never used a retinol product before and am hoping for good results from this. I have a jar of VK2 and will start on it once I finish the jar of VK1. The major thing I noticed in the third week was how fast marks on my skin seemed to be healing. In my first week of using KH I got one big pimple near my mouth which I tried to extract and ended up with an open sore. I have the type of skin that every pimple leaves a big red mark for months 2 weeks later the mark has almost disappeared. I also had one red mark on my upper cheek that I think is about 8 months old that is starting to lighten up and disappear. I had almost got to the point where I thought the mark was permanent. Only negative I can say so far is that I think my skin is still adjusting. I have a couple horizontal lines on my forehead (never had any before) and I am hesitant about using one of the KH moisutrizers but I may try the vitamin H. Not sure if that's the right product to try for that.

Surprisingly, I actually really like the cleansing cream. I didn't think I would and expected major breakouts from using it, but so far so good. I had a recommendation from a supplier to leave the cleansing cream on for a few minutes after massaging it in to really help loosen any sebum so that's what I've been trying to do. The cream really removes the MMU well. I use the scrub after the cream every night to remove any vaseline type feel (I like a squeaky clean face) and I LOVE this scrub. I love the smell, the consistancy and it's not too harsh for my sensitive skin. I really think this is helping to smooth out my complexion.

Like others have mentioned, my eyes sting while using the essential mask, but nothing major. Just another sign that it's working.

I'm not sure yet about the eye cream. It sinks in well, but since using it I have found that I wake up in the mornings with lines under my eyes which is new for me, so I think the cream may be too drying for my skin. I had previously been using True Radiance with great success, so the last couple days I have started to use the TR at night and KH in the mornings and this is working well for me.

I also bought the AHA cream but have only used it twice as a 10 min mask. No miracle results but I'll keep you posted.

I also have some minor pigmentation under my eyes, on my nose and above my lips. I plan on purchasing the VK3 for these areas. I am also going to try the oxygen 3% on my hands.

One last thing for new users. Remember to wipe your eyebrows off after apply oxygen cream. I had read to do that and totally forgot that step until I noticed my eyebrows are turning orange. Even the tips of my eyelashes have lightened. So I am now trying to avoid my eyebrows when applying the cream.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:15 am      Reply with quote
rubby, glad to hear you are giving it another go. After reading your posts I was inspecting my skin constantly looking for any signs of a blemish. I did notice one new pimple starting on my chin last week that I was positive would be a big cystic zit and thought "Oh here we go". So I stopped the KH for 2 days and went back to my pearl paste and the pimple receeded. I went back of KH and nothing since. I was considering taking ScotsLass recommendation of taking short breaks from KH to allow for the guck to get past the minera oil barrier and I think if I see any type of breakout start, that's what I'll do.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Diana,
That is wonderful new! Like you, I was using the TR eye and nothing compares to it in terms of results, at least for me but the ingredients were making me nervous so I switched. I was at first unimpressed with the KH eye and while it's no TR I have come to like it. I LOVE the results on my lids and just started using the H as Cookie recommended. Regarding the AHA, I'm still using the sample I received, only three days a week so the jury is out. I did try Yogi's trick to use it under the Essential Mask and liked it that way too.
It took me a good eight weeks for my skin to normalize, I had dryness and some oiliness too around my nose which is very unusual for me but it's all gone now so I think you too will see that disappearing. They say 4-6 weeks for the skin to normalize but for me it was a little longer. Thanks so much for letting us know.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |