Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:21 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
doba wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
doba wrote:
Hi,

I placed an order with JoElla on Monday using the PayPal. The order is still not shipped Sad . Based on your experience, how long does it take for JoElla to mail the products?

Thank you.

I've had it vary. Usually things don't take too long. Try emailing her.

Thank you BluesHeart.

She finaly mailed it! Smile

Yea you. I'm glad it's on it's way. What did you get?

I ordered Tonus B12 and Silhouette. I also asked for samples. As of now I still have some expensive creams that I use and not ready to give up. After I’ll be done with them, I plan to order KH face products in about a month or two.

Thank you.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Just an update. I wasn't able to stretch my Silhouette to five full weeks. I do have a little Tonus left. I am hoping that my next order of S will last a little longer now that I know the best way for me to apply. I will definitly reorder but have to wait a few weeks as this is the time of year so many of my clients are on vacation. In the meantime, I am going to apply John Hill's FBG and see how that compares.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:29 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Just an update. I wasn't able to stretch my Silhouette to five full weeks. I do have a little Tonus left. I am hoping that my next order of S will last a little longer now that I know the best way for me to apply. I will definitly reorder but have to wait a few weeks as this is the time of year so many of my clients are on vacation. In the meantime, I am going to apply John Hill's FBG and see how that compares.

BluesHeart, can you tell me the way you apply the silhouette, i think i maybe right or maybe wrong.

Thanks
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Manon20 wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

BluesHeart, can you tell me the way you apply the silhouette, i think i maybe right or maybe wrong.

Thanks

Hi Manon,
Because it contains the oxygen, you don't want to massage it in. Dot it on *you don't need much* and then I was using the pat pat method. I think it would be best to probably use a SYNTHETIC brush to spread it which is what I will do with my next order. Once it's absorbed, four or five minutes, I then apply the Tonus B12 in long sweeping strokes, massaging it in. How are you applying it?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:47 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Manon20 wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Thanks

Hi Manon,
Because it contains the oxygen, you don't want to massage it in. Dot it on *you don't need much* and then I was using the pat pat method. I think it would be best to probably use a SYNTHETIC brush to spread it which is what I will do with my next order. Once it's absorbed, four or five minutes, I then apply the Tonus B12 in long sweeping strokes, massaging it in. How are you applying it?

Thanks for answering my question.

I know from the start we don't massage the creme but i found it hard to not massage it.

I only put the creme and never go again on the same place, but i think i may apply to much.

I think the brush to put the creme is great, i think i will try it.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Manon20 wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Manon20 wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Thanks

Hi Manon,

Thanks for answering my question.

I know from the start we don't massage the creme but i found it hard to not massage it.

I only put the creme and never go again on the same place, but i think i may apply to much.

I think the brush to put the creme is great, i think i will try it.

You're right. It is hard to not massage it in. Even more so when you're applying it to larger areas of the body than the face. It is sooo counterintuitive to what we normally do. Definitely a learning curve to it. Let us know how you do with it Manon and do post back after trying a brush. I was too lazy to go to the store and get a brush! LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:59 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Let us know how you do with it Manon and do post back after trying a brush. I was too lazy to go to the store and get a brush! LOL

I know I mentioned this before but it is much cheaper to get a synthetic brush from an arts and crafts store like Michaels, etc. There are a ton of shapes and sizes to choose from and it won't break the bank!

Applying the oxygen products is MUCH easier with the brushes in my opinion. For whatever reason, you just don't have the same tendency to re-visit an area over and over. You just quickly move over an area (like painting a wall), connecting the dots as you go. I use a fan brush for my face and a 1 1/2" one for my body.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Just thought I'd pop in and report on the fabulous Oxygen facial I got at a local spa. I don't think all the products she used were KH but whatever they were, they smelled and felt fantastic. After cleansing and using the mild scrub she applied the oxygen mask and covered my face with saran wrap. Then a little steam and extractions and another mask. I think it's the best facial I've ever had, and very reasonably priced. My skin looks so clean, clear and glowing and feels incredibly smooth even two days later. She's a big believer in the KH oxygen products and even knows JoElla. She also sells lots of great, hard to find products in her spa and online store. The Wallett cosmetics are great. Here's a link to the website if anyone is interested http://visagestudio.com/ and if anyone is in the Bay Area I highly recommend this spa.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Just thought I'd pop in and report on the fabulous Oxygen facial I got at a local spa. I don't think all the products she used were KH but whatever they were, they smelled and felt fantastic. After cleansing and using the mild scrub she applied the oxygen mask and covered my face with saran wrap. Then a little steam and extractions and another mask. I think it's the best facial I've ever had, and very reasonably priced. My skin looks so clean, clear and glowing and feels incredibly smooth even two days later. She's a big believer in the KH oxygen products and even knows JoElla. She also sells lots of great, hard to find products in her spa and online store. The Wallett cosmetics are great. Here's a link to the website if anyone is interested http://visagestudio.com/ and if anyone is in the Bay Area I highly recommend this spa.

Jom,thanks so much for the report. Did she give you any hints for your home use program with KH?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
jom wrote:

Jom,thanks so much for the report. Did she give you any hints for your home use program with KH?

She thought my skin was in good condition and I told her about the KH products I've been using. Funny enough I still haven't bought an oxygen product. JoElla sent me a sample of VK-1 with an order so I have tried the oxygen and I liked it, I just wanted to wait to ask Denise at Visage what she thought, if I should start with VK-1 or VK-2. She said VK-1 would work great for me and she recommended it. I still haven't bought it because I blew my beauty budget for the month on the facial and a few other products but I am planning on buying it and adding it to my morning KH routine of using the Vitamin H underneath the VK oil as a moisturizer. I'll continue with that and add the VK-1 on top. That's what I did with the sample JoElla sent and I really liked it. I also wanted to find out if it was OK for me to continue to use my Skinceuticals CE Ferulic in the morning with an oxygen product and it turns out that it is OK to continue to use the CE Ferulic with the O2. That's great to know because there's no way I'm giving up the CE-F. I know some of you switched to KH to get away from actives, but I've had really good results from the CE-F and like that it gives extra sunscreen protection so I don't want to give it up. In addition to the Vitamin H and VK oil (I use this on my lips at night and wake up to super soft lips) I've been using the Professional Cleanser and the mild scrub and I love both. Denise LOVES the scrub. JoElla also sent me a sample of the eye cream and I like that as well and I plan on purchasing that in the future too. So, that's my KH story! Razz I'm really enjoying these products, thanks for starting this thread.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Jom,
That's good to know about the CE. I couldn't remember who was using the H and then the VKoil. Now I know. LOL. I've been doing it that way too and love it so thank you! And you're right, the oil on the lips works great too. I've added the eye cream also one day a week and my lips get more color. I'm only doing it once a week though because of the L2K. You're so lucky to be able to have a KH facial.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jom was it Denise that you went to? I have bought a few things from her over the years and she swears by KH. She moved from Burlingame which was an easier location for me, but she is a wealth of information. She carries Anne Semonin and she would put her tissue repair (which I love) underneath the KH. She has great skin and has been around for a long time with a lot of loyal clients.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
Hi Jom was it Denise that you went to? I have bought a few things from her over the years and she swears by KH. She moved from Burlingame which was an easier location for me, but she is a wealth of information. She carries Anne Semonin and she would put her tissue repair (which I love) underneath the KH. She has great skin and has been around for a long time with a lot of loyal clients.

Hi Cookie, yes it was Denise from Visage that I went to. I'm so glad she moved to SF, it's much more convenient for me, sorry about the inconvenience for you. She put so many great things on my skin that felt wonderful and smelled terrific, I told myself next time I go back that I'm going to ask her what everything is as she's putting it on my face! She's really nice too and she gave me the best extractions I've ever had, she doesn't squeeze, she just kind of pushes everything out.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
cookie wrote:

Hi Cookie, yes it was Denise from Visage that I went to. I'm so glad she moved to SF, it's much more convenient for me, sorry about the inconvenience for you. She put so many great things on my skin that felt wonderful and smelled terrific, I told myself next time I go back that I'm going to ask her what everything is as she's putting it on my face! She's really nice too and she gave me the best extractions I've ever had, she doesn't squeeze, she just kind of pushes everything out.

Cookie,
Tell me about Anna Semonin products. Is the Tissue Repair the one product you'd recommend to try? I'm very curious about this line.TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Jom and Blues, I had initially gone to Denise because she carried the Anne Semonin line and was very interested in it. The tissue repair is a water like serum that rose flower water, sea salt, sodium DNA, hydrolyzed protein, ginkgo biloba and a few other ingredients in it. She told me that she puts it all over her face, eyes included under the Vita Kombi every day when her face is damp..

I love to use this on my eyelids and sometimes I use it all over. I had talked to her a few years back about the whole oxygen free radicals thing and she did not believe any of it. She had been using KH for 15 years at that time and has quite a bit of experience with skin care and has never seen results with anything like the KH.

She is very interesting to talk to and will take the time with you, even on the phone. She has the Maria Galland line also and has traveled many different places looking for the best skin care. I really miss her in Burlingame, I work in S.F. but parking can be a bear.
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Blues her website is: www.visagestudio.com
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:

Thanks Cookie. I found her. I think you linked her once before. Interesting, and Jom, those Wallett lip sets look lovely. Do you have a favorite?

ETA. Cookie, I realized my pro cleanser would be hitting the five month mark so I started alternating it with my choco cleanser. After doing tihs, I think the pro cleanser does clean the pores best. But darn, I love the way my face looks with the added choco ingredients.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Blues, You think the choco cleanser has a different - noticeable effect? Okay,... Cool that's interesting. By what i've read about the ingreds in the chocolate it does seem that it should be that way so I am curious about what you see that seems to be better - noticeably.
I bought the chocolate cleanser too and have not used it so much yet - can't get over putting a chocolate smelling cleanser on my face. I know I'm in the minority here but somehow not there yet - soon as my other gets real low I'll dig into it. But I have to say I also feel that the regular pro cleanser did a better cleansing job.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hey Blues, You think the choco cleanser has a different - noticeable effect? Okay,... Cool that's interesting. By what i've read about the ingreds in the chocolate it does seem that it should be that way so I am curious about what you see that seems to be better - noticeably.
I bought the chocolate cleanser too and have not used it so much yet - can't get over putting a chocolate smelling cleanser on my face. I know I'm in the minority here but somehow not there yet - soon as my other gets real low I'll dig into it. But I have to say I also feel that the regular pro cleanser did a better cleansing job.

Well Sis, that's the problem for me. I do think there was a difference in how the skin looked but I can't really tell you what exactly it is. Maybe, a glow but different than the oxygen glow you get. I definitely think this is not a good cleanser for summer. I think it's best for drier, colder weather. But I've only come to that conclusion since I began alternating the two. I know I was absolutely no help there! Sorry.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I definitely like the pro cleanser better. There is a big difference in the deep cleaning I get compared to the chocolate one. I won't be buying that one again. I really like the texture of the pro cleanser also, almost like a balm.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
I definitely like the pro cleanser better. There is a big difference in the deep cleaning I get compared to the chocolate one. I won't be buying that one again. I really like the texture of the pro cleanser also, almost like a balm.

I realized that the pores on my nose were looking more noticeable than they had since starting KH. Whether that's the summer, it's been quite hot and humid, I'm not sure. But I do agree that the pro does seem to cleanse best. But I do like the easier spreading and rinsing of the choco.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="BluesHeart"]
cookie wrote:

Thanks Cookie. I found her. I think you linked her once before. Interesting, and Jom, those Wallett lip sets look lovely. Do you have a favorite?

quote]

My favorite Wallett lip gloss is Riviera. Nude is nice too. A few years ago I got the Shiraz lipstick as a gift and liked that too. Here's a link to their website for more info:

http://wallett.com/
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
Hey Jom and Blues, I had initially gone to Denise because she carried the Anne Semonin line and was very interested in it. The tissue repair is a water like serum that rose flower water, sea salt, sodium DNA, hydrolyzed protein, ginkgo biloba and a few other ingredients in it. She told me that she puts it all over her face, eyes included under the Vita Kombi every day when her face is damp..

I love to use this on my eyelids and sometimes I use it all over. I had talked to her a few years back about the whole oxygen free radicals thing and she did not believe any of it. She had been using KH for 15 years at that time and has quite a bit of experience with skin care and has never seen results with anything like the KH.

She is very interesting to talk to and will take the time with you, even on the phone. She has the Maria Galland line also and has traveled many different places looking for the best skin care. I really miss her in Burlingame, I work in S.F. but parking can be a bear.

Cookie, have you used any other Anne Semonin products? or know anything about any of the other products?
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - just want to say that yesterday I received an order from EDS and FINALLY there were some KH samples inside. So, now is the time to specify any samples desired with an order from EDS.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:22 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
cookie wrote:

ETA. Cookie, I realized my pro cleanser would be hitting the five month mark so I started alternating it with my choco cleanser. After doing tihs, I think the pro cleanser does clean the pores best. But darn, I love the way my face looks with the added choco ingredients.

Mmmmm...could you possibly use the Prof. Cleanser on the T-zone perhaps and use the Choc. one on the rest of your face? Just wondering out loud how you can get the best out of your products! Of course, I'm sure you would rather not have to keep purchasing two cleansers so this would only help while you have the two on hand.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |