Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Bren,
I'm going to use the chocolate cleanser during the winter months when it's colder and drier. I'm kind of enjoying alternating at the moment. I bought the choco cleanser on Ebay for nothing so it's not a big deal to have two at the moment.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:28 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Hi everyone - just want to say that yesterday I received an order from EDS and FINALLY there were some KH samples inside. So, now is the time to specify any samples desired with an order from EDS.

Thanks for sharing this. Darn though, my EDS order shipped just yesterday and I didn't request any samples. Crying or Very sad Oh well, there aren't too many KH products that I haven't tried/purchased yet. (btw, I ordered the Choco2 to try since I won the $50 voucher).

Has anyone here tried the Choco2 yet?

Blues - If I get the special glow from the Choco2 that you experienced from the Choc. Cleanser, maybe that will solve your cleanser dilemma. You could use the Prof. Cleanser to cleanse and Choco2 for your oxygen. Getting way... ahead of myself, I know!! I'll keep you posted.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:31 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Bren,
I'm going to use the chocolate cleanser during the winter months when it's colder and drier. I'm kind of enjoying alternating at the moment. I bought the choco cleanser on Ebay for nothing so it's not a big deal to have two at the moment.

Just saw this post.

Sounds like a good plan. Ebay, huh? Never even thought to check it out!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Marina has the Choco 2. She said the smell is better than the choco cleanser. I've not heard anything more but I think she's on vacation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:06 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Marina has the Choco 2. She said the smell is better than the choco cleanser. I've not heard anything more but I think she's on vacation.

Not yet...soon. I like choco2 but it may be too moisturizing for me in summer. It does give more of a glow than VK2 so you dry skins will certainly like it. It also has a lighter texture than VK2 and I like the tube packaging. I'm using it at night now. It dosen't have that heavy chocolate scent like the cleanser (more latte like) and is a pleasure to apply. I haven't been able to bake a chocolate cake since I started using the chocolate cleanser.

Here's another tidbit: I use it on my lips and my lips are much rosier, the VK2 would whiten them. This was a great surprise. Haven't had rosy lips since I was in my teens.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Not yet...soon. I like choco2 but it may be too moisturizing for me in summer. It does give more of a glow than VK2 so you dry skins will certainly like it. It also has a lighter texture than VK2 and I like the tube packaging. I'm using it at night now. It dosen't have that heavy chocolate scent like the cleanser (more latte like) and is a pleasure to apply. I haven't been able to bake a chocolate cake since I started using the chocolate cleanser.

Here's another tidbit: I use it on my lips and my lips are much rosier, the VK2 would whiten them. This was a great surprise. Haven't had rosy lips since I was in my teens.

Wowzer, if I hadn't already ordered this product, I would now! I hear ya on the tube thing...I tend to prefer to apply the Oxy Face as opposed to the VK simply because of the easier dispensing.

Can't wait to try the Choco2 on my lips. I noticed the whitening effect with the VK as well.

I think I will like the scent of the Choco2 from how you described it...when it comes to applying it to my face, the Choc. Cleanser is just too chocolaty for my tastes. Since the Choco2 stays on your face (as opposed to being rinsed away), I am glad that it has a lighter scent.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
marina wrote:

Wowzer, if I hadn't already ordered this product, I would now! I hear ya on the tube thing...I tend to prefer to apply the Oxy Face as opposed to the VK simply because of the easier dispensing.

Can't wait to try the Choco2 on my lips. I noticed the whitening effect with the VK as well.

I think I will like the scent of the Choco2 from how you described it...when it comes to applying it to my face, the Choc. Cleanser is just too chocolaty for my tastes. Since the Choco2 stays on your face (as opposed to being rinsed away), I am glad that it has a lighter scent.

Hmmm. What do you suppose is in the Choco2 that gives the rosiness to the lips? I thought the eye cream made the lips rosy but maybe it's actually the vk oil. Whatcha think?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
The eye cream whitened my lips as well so it must be something in the choco...at least for me. Hope it keeps up, I always jinx myself Rolling Eyes
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I finally received my Karin Herzog items. My question is about the instructions on the Vita Kombi 1. It says not to massage. How does everyone do this? I tried just rubbing it on without moving my fingers in circle. Is this good enough? Or do I have to gently pat it on the skin? Do you only apply it on a completely dry face? Also, since it comes with a plastic spatula, how much do you fill this spatula? I found that if I heap it on, then I have too much product. Half is not quite enough.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to mention that I like how the cream feels on my skin. I can see why this product is a big hit for several women.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
I finally received my Karin Herzog items. My question is about the instructions on the Vita Kombi 1. It says not to massage. How does everyone do this? I tried just rubbing it on without moving my fingers in circle. Is this good enough? Or do I have to gently pat it on the skin? Do you only apply it on a completely Using dry face? Also, since it comes with a plastic spatula, how much do you fill this spatula? I found that if I heap it on, then I have too much product. Half is not quite enough.

See the little indent in the spatula? That's about the amount you need and it shouldn't be heaping. Approximate to the size of a pea. I go with a little bigger pea. Using the spatula, I dot it on and then pat it in connecting the dots. Others use a brush and that's probably the easiest way.

ETA that they tell you to apply to a dry face.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all ladies here, I finally received my package yesterday and can't wait to write my review.

I cleaned my face with the prof cleanser, it feels oily, but when I removed it with a cotton pad, wow, I can see the dirts and I feel I was so clean! I love it more than the Dr. H cleansing cream I am using!!

I apply the oxy FC afterwards, well, not sure how much to apply and yet, hard to apply it evenly throughout the face and it takes long, may be the brush I used is just too small, wondering I may try using my fingers, is that OK so long as I am not messaging it in? I felt dry and tight after applying the cream and I saw a very thin white layer on my face, too. Do you gals encountered that, too?

OK, for the result, I would say I love it, notwithstanding that it make me feel dry, it seems working on me, my pore is minimized and my skin looks clearer. Yet, it works on my acne too, I have a few minor breakout and they were killed.

My another question is as I don't have much acne and I have no allergy to oxy products, how long should I switch to the vita-K (I've got the 2)?

I am so happy this morning as I see my face glowing after the oxy FC + sunscreen.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Happycat wrote:
I apply the oxy FC afterwards, well, not sure how much to apply and yet, hard to apply it evenly throughout the face and it takes long, may be the brush I used is just too small, wondering I may try using my fingers, is that OK so long as I am not messaging it in? I felt dry and tight after applying the cream and I saw a very thin white layer on my face, too. Do you gals encountered that, too?

OK, for the result, I would say I love it, notwithstanding that it make me feel dry, it seems working on me, my pore is minimized and my skin looks clearer. Yet, it works on my acne too, I have a few minor breakout and they were killed.

From the sound of it, I think you over-applied the Oxygen Face Cream. You shouldn't see any white cream on your face after you spread it out; at least I don't. I fill the indent in the spatula with a pea-sized amount, dot in around my face and use a fan brush to spread. It only takes a second. The fact that you said that your face felt dry and tight also suggests that you had too much on. Try applying less and see how that feels!
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
just wanted to post my results spot-treating my pimples with the silhouette.

my skin is oily, with large pores, and i jumped straight to vk-2 and have been using vk-2 for over a month with good results. for my second order i purchased (amongst other KH items Smile)the silhouette for the stretch marks and loose skin on my tummy (courtesy of having 4 kids!)

well, last night before bed i dabbed a very small amount of the silhouette on 2 small and one medium sized pimples - actually they're much smaller than the pimples i used to get before KH so i'm pretty happy Smile

anyhoo, this morning, i woke up and the 2 small ones have disappeared and the medium sized one have deflated to less than half its size the night before !! woo hoo!! Very Happy and it looks like it's drying up very very quickly. yay!!

i'm pretty chuffed, it's too early to tell whether the silhouette will help with the stretch marks etc but if i get this kind of results with pimples i'll re-purchase over and over again!! (and i'm saving money too as now my lemming for the vk3 is gone!)

p/s i'd better add that my skin seems to like oxygen, sensitive skins might not like the silhouette on the face as it is xtra-strong.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cahoot,
What great news to hear you're doing so well. I think you will be even happier in another month with how your skin looks. Are you getting the glow?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jom, I used a couple of the Anne semonin products but did not really care for them. I still use the tissue repair on my eyes and lids and I really like that but the other ones I tried were nothing special.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
Hi Jom, I used a couple of the Anne semonin products but did not really care for them. I still use the tissue repair on my eyes and lids and I really like that but the other ones I tried were nothing special.

I would be expecting miracles at those prices. Nice to know you weren't all that impressed. Whew. Dodged that bullet.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
hi blues
well the tone skin seems more 'creamy' if that makes sense Laughing

i think i might have mild rosacea as my cheeks do get pretty pink some days, so it's sometimes hard to tell whether my skin is irritated or glowy ! Wink (it seems to hate AHA's for some reason, even in mild form but doesn't mind oxygen).

do you think KH helps with texture? my skin texture is poor, i have large pores, and although KH helps with acne it hasn't (yet?) addressed the other problems. it might be early days yet, though - i have been using vk2 for over a month, and the choco cream, scrub and eye cream for a week+ i think.

i will press onward!! Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:32 am      Reply with quote
cahoot wrote:
hi blues
well the tone skin seems more 'creamy' if that makes sense Laughing

i think i might have mild rosacea as my cheeks do get pretty pink some days, so it's sometimes hard to tell whether my skin is irritated or glowy ! Wink (it seems to hate AHA's for some reason, even in mild form but doesn't mind oxygen).

do you think KH helps with texture? my skin texture is poor, i have large pores, and although KH helps with acne it hasn't (yet?) addressed the other problems. it might be early days yet, though - i have been using vk2 for over a month, and the choco cream, scrub and eye cream for a week+ i think.

i will press onward!! Very Happy

You're right, it is early yet. You're having one victory, with your acne. Yea you. The texture of my skin did change the pores are nearly invisible but I can't tell you how long before I saw that. Which choco cream? The oxygen or the moisturizer? When you are able to budget it in, I'd recommend the pro cleanser. Sounds like you're off to a good start.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Could someone suggest a good sunscreen to use on top of KH and under MMU? I have never used sunscreen and rely on the minimal protection that MMU gives. But lately I have been spending more time in the sun and recently noticed that the minor pigmentation that I have on my cheekbones and upper lip is getting way worse. I have cellex-c and oil of olay sunscreen on hand, which I tried applying on top of the OF but they just don't seem to adsorb well and my MMU looks caked on. It looks awful. But at this point I think I have no choice but to use sunscreen otherwise the pigmentation will get worse. I also will be doing a search under a good product to try to help lighten what is there, but need to find something that I can use with KH.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Could someone suggest a good sunscreen to use on top of KH and under MMU? I have never used sunscreen and rely on the minimal protection that MMU gives. But lately I have been spending more time in the sun and recently noticed that the minor pigmentation that I have on my cheekbones and upper lip is getting way worse. I have cellex-c and oil of olay sunscreen on hand, which I tried applying on top of the OF but they just don't seem to adsorb well and my MMU looks caked on. It looks awful. But at this point I think I have no choice but to use sunscreen otherwise the pigmentation will get worse. I also will be doing a search under a good product to try to help lighten what is there, but need to find something that I can use with KH.

Diana,
I use NIA24 but I don't hang out in the sun.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:

Diana,
I use NIA24 but I don't hang out in the sun. A client who plays tennis outdoors uses Anthelios.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:

I have started using the KH Day Protection and it layers well with the other products. It is only a SPF 10 so it is minimal but I figure it can only help. I also use Sofina sunscreen when I know I will be outside and I have had no problems with it layering on top of the KH stuff.
Could you be using too much OF or not letting it absorb long enough before applying the sunscreen? Just a thought!

Good luck!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:51 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
cookie wrote:

I would be expecting miracles at those prices. Nice to know you weren't all that impressed. Whew. Dodged that bullet.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Same here - dodged that same bullet!!!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:

Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30 or Epicuren Zinc Oxide SPF 20 both work well.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |