Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:03 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart,

Your review mentioned "actives" several times and i've noticed this word used on EDS forum.

What exactly is/are "actives"?

Thank you!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:17 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
jf wrote:
ok maybe i'm being too impatient...i have only been using the eye cream 1 week. i want everything to start working right this minute! i'll try it with the Vit H. (i have it)

I have the essential mask. love it. i always leave it on, don't wipe off after 10 min. I look forward to the cleansing cream too! the cleansers i've used in the past were soooo far inferior to KH's.

i think my problem will be deciding what my daily routine will be. I have very dry skin. I've never used a moisturizer that's too heavy. I skin would love to swim in oil all day. I like the apricot cream with VK-2 under (and sometimes some jojoba oil). I like the essential mask. I'm ok with the Vit H cream with VK-2 over but doesn't give me the glow of the apricot cream. Don't care for the AHA cream (had only big sample though.) The oxygen cream was ok but didn't see any improvements really.

scrub very good but i've had from my asthetician which seems almost idential. i think that's it so far...the nail and hand cream i think i like...VK-3: i'm actually not impressed with. maybe if i used it like the VK-2. just been putting VK-3 on hyperpigmentation but nothing much changing. (I've had the Vit-H and VK-3 about 3 weeks.) oh and have been applying with a brush. way easier to apply. and now I use way less product with the brush. i think my fingers were absorbing a lot of product.

Hi jf,
I'm dry too. I thought I'd stabilized my dryness until I started KH. It's amazing how I really don't need a moisturizer anymore on top of my kombi2. I've even had a couple days where my skin around my nose kind of oily. It's taken me five months so I think patience is the key. Have you tried the Kombi oil? The first week or two I used it it made my under eye area dry but now I just love it, once or twice a week. I read on one of the KH sites that for hyperpigmentation you're better off using the kombi 2 all over.

blues - I haven't tried the kombi oil...yet. i've been using jojoba oil and wondering what i was missing by not using kh's. i don't need a moisturizer on top of the VK-2 either. i'm amazed because i used to have to slather thick mositurizers on top of one another to feel hydrated. that's interesting you read that the VK-2 is better for hyperpigmentation. i wonder why...
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:27 am      Reply with quote
jf,
I think Bethany posted an article somewhere about the Kombi 2 versus spot treating with just the Kombi 3. When I have time today I'll run down that article and pm you the link or info.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Ok, for those of you wanting to treat hyperpigmentation. Here's a link to the UK website, FAQ, Scroll down to Products to use for Hyperpigmentation.

http://www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/page.asp?id=ART013#What_Are_The_Best_Products_For_Hyper-Pigmentation.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
FYI regarding the Choco2 (it no longer has 2% oxygen, now it is 1.15%)

From JoElla:
"Yes, they just changed the oxygen level on the Choco 2. KH does not make an announcement so that is why you see a difference in the products listed with different people. The packaging is the same so they don't know unless it it pointed out."
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
FYI regarding the Choco2 (it no longer has 2% oxygen, now it is 1.15%)

From JoElla:
"Yes, they just changed the oxygen level on the Choco 2. KH does not make an announcement so that is why you see a difference in the products listed with different people. The packaging is the same so they don't know unless it it pointed out."

I wonder why they did that?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Ok, for those of you wanting to treat hyperpigmentation. Here's a link to the UK website, FAQ, Scroll down to Products to use for Hyperpigmentation.

http://www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/page.asp?id=ART013#What_Are_The_Best_Products_For_Hyper-Pigmentation.

thanks Blues for finding this article! I must of missed this when Bethany first posted it. Looks like i definitely have to purchase the kombi oil now. Very Happy
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

I can't even begin to imagine! Especially since the name is Choco2!

And what is the significance of 1.15%, I wonder?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Yeah. Choco1.15 just doesn't have the same zing to it, you know? Perhaps, ChocoWTFarewedoing?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Perhaps, ChocoWTFarewedoing?

Okay, this actually made me laugh out loud! Laughing Laughing
Dh has that concerned look that he gets when he wonders what I do online all the time. Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Yeah. Choco1.15 just doesn't have the same zing to it, you know? Perhaps, ChocoWTFarewedoing?

OMG - spit out my wine
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

OMG - spit out my wine

Totally OT but alas, I wish I had some wine to spew. You lucky girl.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

LMAO...I loved this!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:31 am      Reply with quote
A little update. When I was four or five I slipped in the bathtub and split my chin open. I've had this thin, raised white scar for 40 some years. Sooo, for the last five months I've been making sure to apply the VKombi 2 to that spot when I apply to my face. When I began to run low on my Silhouette, I'd take a dab of it and pat on my scar. My scar is no longer raised and I have to look hard to see it. Wheee! Now, to figure out if it was the combined products or what.

On another note, a question to those of you who have the ChocoWTF, could you tell me if you can see it on the face? I'm assuming it's the light brown/tan color of the Choco cleanser.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:08 am      Reply with quote
My chocoWTF (love the new name) is actually very light, almost the same color as the VKs, but a bit more latteish. It sinks in and disappears easier than VK2...probably because of the lower Oxygen (dammit). MY choco cleanser isn't light brown, it's the color of dark chocolate, smells like it too. I was supposed to make fudge last night, couldn't deal with it.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:12 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
My chocoWTF (love the new name) is actually very light, almost the same color as the VKs, but a bit more latteish. It sinks in and disappears easier than VK2...probably because of the lower Oxygen (dammit). MY choco cleanser isn't light brown, it's the color of dark chocolate, smells like it too. I was supposed to make fudge last night, couldn't deal with it.

LOLOL. Are you kidding? Your cleanser is fudgy looking? Mine isn't. Okaay, another WTH moment here in KH land. Look at it this way, Marina. You're aiding your waistline by using the cleanser. No more muffin tops for you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
marina wrote:

LOLOL. Are you kidding? Your cleanser is fudgy looking? Mine isn't. Okaay, another WTH moment here in KH land. Look at it this way, Marina. You're aiding your waistline by using the cleanser. No more muffin tops for you.

My Choc. cleanser is dark but translucent so it really isn't fudgy looking. All these variations!

My Choco is the 1.15% version (I know because of where I ordered it) but there are still alot of Choco 2% out there being sold, so Marina, you may very well have the real deal!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:

My Choco is the 1.15% version (I know because of where I ordered it) but there are still alot of Choco 2% out there being sold, so Marina, you may very well have the real deal!

Nope, I got 1.15%..said so on the box "You got the wimpy version"
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Could someone please pm a website that ships the 1000 lash tint to Canada? I have been trying to be so careful not to get the KH products on my eyebrows but it's pretty near impossible not to get it on the lashes when applying the eye cream. My lashes, which used to be so black, are now blond Confused Not a huge deal because I use mascara, but I have darker hair and it looks kind of odd when I'm not wearing make-up. The orange eyebrows don't help either. Can I use 1000 lash tint on eyebrows (sorry the lash thread was too long to read tonight).
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Could someone please pm a website that ships the 1000 lash tint to Canada? I have been trying to be so careful not to get the KH products on my eyebrows but it's pretty near impossible not to get it on the lashes when applying the eye cream. My lashes, which used to be so black, are now blond Confused Not a huge deal because I use mascara, but I have darker hair and it looks kind of odd when I'm not wearing make-up. The orange eyebrows don't help either. Can I use 1000 lash tint on eyebrows (sorry the lash thread was too long to read tonight).

What about the Swiss O Par lash tint? I think Yogi used it. It may be easier to get Canada shipping with them. I have to admit Diana, I'm awed that your eyelashes are blonde now, like completely blonde?

Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:

http://www.1000hour.com.au/orders.html
http://www.strandarcadepharmacy.co.nz/p/129041/1000-hour-lash-colour---brown-black.html

(free delivery worldwide for both these places)
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I have to admit Diana, I'm awed that your eyelashes are blonde now, like completely blonde?

No, not completely blond, and not white blond. More like a light orange at the tips and a warm light brown closer to the lid. But it does almost look like I don't have lashes if I don't have mascara on. My lashes used to be pretty dark, almost black. The only reason I used to wear mascara was to hold a curl.

But I would like to add, that regardless of the downfalls of using KH, I love what it is doing to my skin. I am also using up my VK1 on my nails (I think brenpatsa suggested this?) and am amazed at how white my nails are. I am amazed that I even have nails at all. They are usually so soft that they break and rip off before they even get any whites. I just keep looking at them in awe. I'm also having good results with the burn scar that I have been applying KH to. I'll post a pic soon.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
I have been trying to be so careful not to get the KH products on my eyebrows but it's pretty near impossible not to get it on the lashes when applying the eye cream. My lashes, which used to be so black, are now blond Confused

If you coat your brows and lashes with vaseline prior to your KH application, it will prevent them from being bleached.

Then just carefully wipe it off after your product has been 'fully' absorbed, say 20 or 30 minutes.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Diana P wrote:
I have been trying to be so careful not to get the KH products on my eyebrows but it's pretty near impossible not to get it on the lashes when applying the eye cream. My lashes, which used to be so black, are now blond Confused

If you coat your brows and lashes with vaseline prior to your KH application, it will prevent them from being bleached.

Then just carefully wipe it off after your product has been 'fully' absorbed, say 20 or 30 minutes.

I never thought of that and I always have waseline around. Thanks, I'll try it.
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
carforum wrote:
hi,
After reading this thread, I decide to buy Vit H cream and Vit A Kombi, and also decide whether should I buy the Karin Herzog Professional Cleansing, because I have too many brand of cleansing cream!
Anyone using professional cleansing cream to remove makeup? Is it clean enough or should I go for cleansing oil? Thx for help

I use Prof CC to remove makeup, and I wear a fair bit, including mascara. It takes off everything. I love this cleanser! Nothing I have ever used has taken off so much dirt with so little product (hardly need to use any; it's extremely cost effective). And in spite of it having a texture sort of similar to vaseline, I never feel like I have any residue on my face. All I'm left with is very clean, soft skin.

My favourite-ever cleanser hands-down.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |