Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:59 am      Reply with quote
About those darkened spots I mentioned, I should clarify that they are not darker than before I used the PSF Vit C. Instead, I think the KH products I'm using have not improved that part for me but neither has it made it worse.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
jf wrote:
There are skin care lines out there that target pigmentation/melasma. In my experience, I just don't think KH is one of those lines.

That pretty much summed up my experience too...the VK3 really didn't do anything for my pigmentation.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Wow it is really a long thread. I am giving my second review here. I have been using the oxy face am & pm for 2 weeks and then switch to am only and use vit-k 2 in pm. They are so good, even my hubby noticed the improvement on my skin, it is now whiter and I still have acne from time to time, but they were gone much quicker than before (and the scar faded out too).

I really love KH produces and I encountered no drying problem. As long as I am using the professional cleansing cream in PM + oxy FC in AM and vit-k in pm and would like to add other items in, such as eye cream, vit H & body product. Do you ladies here have any recommendation? One more thing, the prof cleansing cream is excellent but I don't think it is good for use in AM, any suggestion, please?

Many thanks! [I am sticked with KH now]
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Happycat, I use the prof cleanser in the PM because it's excellent with cleaning your skin of make-up yet leaving it feeling soft. In the AM, I just use a microfiber cloth.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Happycat,
I'm happy you're liking KH too. In the mornings I only use water to rinse my face. My skin tends to be dry/normal but since using KH I'd say I'm more normal. Once a week I use a scrub.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi BluesHeart & blesstd,

I am so happy and excited to hear from you, you know what your numerous reviews are the reason for my move onto KH!!!

Yes, prof cleansing cream is excellence but I have to thank for your information on how to remove the layer with cotton balls, it's just so good.

Do you 2 use the eye cream, how's that and what's its function and how about vit H, I would like to try.

One more question, I am VERY happy with my existing regime, but do I have to alter it from time to time, I just can't leave KH anymore Shame on you ....
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Happycat wrote:
Hi BluesHeart & blesstd,

I am so happy and excited to hear from you, you know what your numerous reviews are the reason for my move onto KH!!!

Yes, prof cleansing cream is excellence but I have to thank for your information on how to remove the layer with cotton balls, it's just so good.

Do you 2 use the eye cream, how's that and what's its function and how about vit H, I would like to try.

One more question, I am VERY happy with my existing regime, but do I have to alter it from time to time, I just can't leave KH anymore Shame on you ....

I do use the eye cream. At first, I was not sure about it but over time it does seem to work. Like Jom and Cookie said, it's especially good with the Vitamin H under/over the eyecream. Happy, a few comments for you. With your skin, I'm not sure if the H would work for you. Is it possible that you could get a sample? If you cannot, pm me and I will decant some for you. I'd hate for you to try it and not be happy since you are paying for International shipping. I think you'd love the scrub and essential mask if you don't have those.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Happycat, I'm no where near having the knowledge or experience in skin care lines as many of these ladies but I just wanted to respond to your post.

I do not use ANY eye cream at the moment. For the past several months my eye area has reacted to many things I've tried. I've decided to lay off of that area for a while.

I hope this line works well for your skin too.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I am a very happy user of the eye cream and Oxy FC and VK2.

Like Blues I suggest the essential masque. Yesterday I gave myself a facial with the Oxygen on first - saran wrap over it! Let it sit for a while (15 minutes) and then remove with warm face cloth. Put on the essentail masque. I do not remove this but you can leave this on for a time and take it off also. And then finish with your other KH product of choice.

Well, good luck. KH is my favorite eye cream ever and I use it on Lips too - Really works nicely there.

SIS
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE giving myself a KH facial, my skin looks soooo good the next day. I use the saran wrap also. My daughter thinks that I am absolutly nuts.
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Blues, thanks for your sharing, will go for the scrub, mask and eye cream to try. Will also request for the H sample or leave it until winter when my skin need more moisture....

blesstd, I have sensitive eyes, too, but the skin around the eye does need special care, you may try the PSF Phyto-lift eye, I have totally no problem with it.

BTW, what is saran wrap?
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Blues, thanks for your sharing, will go for the scrub, mask and eye cream to try. Will also request for the H sample or leave it until winter when my skin need more moisture....

blesstd, I have sensitive eyes, too, but the skin around the eye does need special care, you may try the PSF Phyto-lift eye, I have totally no problem with it.

BTW, what is saran wrap?
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
saran wrap is very, very thin plastic that is used mostly to wrap food or food containers to keep out air/germs, etc. a KH site recommends applying strips of saran wrap over the oxygen face cream in order to help the cream penetrate the skin more.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
saran, or plastic wrap:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_wrap
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi, i havent checked back for a few days-thanks for the replies. I might just check with Joella
VIKKI_SQ

Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:55 am      Reply with quote
i like this brand very much.And i ofter use Karin Herzog Essential Mask .this mask is very soft.
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've debated about giving my latest KH update - but, for those reading through this long thread and wondering if it might be right for them, in the interest of fairness (for I was very quick to give praise) I thought it was only right for me to report on what has been going on.

My initial results with KH were very good - I thought it was evening out my overall tone, my eyes looked good and my t-zone problem was entirely eradicated. But in the last month I have sadly come to the conclusion that the products with oxygen are just not right for my face. My chin looks dreadful - I saw a photo of it the other day and I was horrified. I have not stopped breaking out and I am left with lingering acne scars for far longer than is usual for me. And my cheeks are blotchy. The question on the last page of this thread as to whether or not KH products can bring some underlying hyperpigmentation/sun spots to the surface has remained a lurking doubt in my mind. Again, I compared photos of myself from pre-KH and now and one of my cheeks has definitely worsened (however, the area inflicted by melasma has not worsened). It really wasn't until I compared the pictures that I realised that however good the good results I was having have been, what has not gone so well is quite a bit worse than I had realised. (I know some people are comfortable posting their pictures - but I'm afraid I'm not one of them.)

I am going to take a break from VK1/VK2 for a while, return to Retin-A + Vit C, and see how I get on. Although I am disappointed that these products may not be right for me, there are, however, several products in the KH line that I will continue to use and I now consider to by in my HG pantheon: Professional Cleansing, Vit H, VK Oil, Silhouette and Tonus (the last two have really helped matters in the thigh/bum area). And I might continue with VK1 over the VK Oil under my eyes, where I have had very good results.

I am bummed out because I experienced enough results to see what this line is capable of on the right person. I guess I'm just not one of those people.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, well I have to add that last night I tried the choco2 again and I have just woken up this morning with those pale freckles and little red marks again! They appear to be mainly around the outer edge of one side of my face, which, when you think about it, is where you generally spread the sunscreen thinner. So it is possible it is bringing up unseen damage.
I am of two minds whether to cut my losses and let this settle down, or keep putting it on that section and hope it may eventually get rid of it. Any opinions?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Bluesheart, can you help me here?

I'm intrigued by all the great reviews of the Professional Cleanser, but the OCM didn't go well with me when I used my own brew of olive oil and castor oil. I broke out in painful pustules like you wouldn't believe!

The Cleanser is described as having the consistency of Vaseline....ugh!....does it truly emulsify, and do I need to use another cleanser afterwards? (I use DHC oil now followed by Zenbiotic cleanser which is very gentle.)

What makes the KH Prof Cleanser so special???? Everyone loves it so, but I need to know if it's gonna work for me or just go into the cosmetics graveyard after one use!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Blues is temporarily computer-less, but if I recall, OCM didn't work for her either.

Maybe you can get a sample of the cleanser? I think that some people can use it all the time, and some just use it occasionally.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie, when I purchased the Professional Cleanser I honestly thought I was going to hate it after hearing about the similarity to vaseline, but I had to go ahead and try it after hearing all the raves. I really like this cleanser and have already repurchased. I quickly wipe my face off with a wet facecloth to wipe off mascarca and the worst of MMU, then use a small amount of the cleanser and rub it in for a couple minutes. It really is like a thick vaseline. If I have time I leave it on for 5-10 minutes because I have heard this helps to soften sebum. I then wipe it off using wet cotton pads followed by my PSF microfibre cloth. My face feels very soft, moist and clean. Most nights I follow with the scrub. BTW, I was using Cetaphil cleanser before this so it was a big change for me, but I feel this cleanser and scub have really helped to get rid of alot of the clogged pores I had.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I also had lots of breakouts with OCM but not with the Prof. Cleanser. It breaks down pretty easily with water. In fact, I go out of my way to dry my face and hands really well before I apply it because it emulsifies so quickly and I don't want it to. I like for it to work its "vacuuming" magic and I think the thicker texture accomplishes that better. Then, when I wet my face with the wet pads, it comes off quite easily. I don't use the scrub or microfiber afterwards and my face feels wonderful and trust me, I don't like any residue left on my face! HTH!
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
After hearing all the raves about the OCM I tried it with castor oil, jojoba oil and olive oil. My skin looked dehydrated and really dry.

I'm using the Prof Cleanser and really like it too. I like that it's thick, spreads well and rinses off easily. I usually remove my eye make-up first then spread/massage the Prof Cleanser on my face; let it sit for a few, then rinse it off. My skin always feels clean & supple after. Very Happy
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:26 am      Reply with quote
I've decided I really do NOT like the chocolate cleanser. Putting chocolate on my face....Feels like I'm smearing on a brownie.

On the other hand I Love the professional cleanser and will be repurchasing this.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:54 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I've decided I really do NOT like the chocolate cleanser. Putting chocolate on my face....Feels like I'm smearing on a brownie.

On the other hand I Love the professional cleanser and will be repurchasing this.

Definitely second this, still can't make fudge or brownies..did cure me of my chocolate * spam alert * though. As for the PC...the scent is addictive.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |