Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Ok guys....so what DOES it smell like? My finger is hovering over the "add to cart" button.
So it's OK not to use a separate cleanser afterward?
And it doesn't leave any residue to interfere with my Green Cream?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:50 am      Reply with quote
It has a pleasant, natural scent, not perfumey. You don't have to use another cleanser before or after it and it doesn't leave any residue. Just be sure to wipe it off with a cloth, just rinsing it off won't be as effective.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Thanks jom! OK, here goes!
Will any cloth do or do I need to use a flannel like Eve Lom's (thin muslin cloth)?
thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I enjoy the scent of the professional cleanser. Very pleasant.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Thanks jom! OK, here goes!
Will any cloth do or do I need to use a flannel like Eve Lom's (thin muslin cloth)?
thanks.

I use cotton rounds or squares that I buy from Walgreens. Disposable and hygenic.
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:36 am      Reply with quote
This line is really effective for skin, but it is not suit for the sensive skin, they have a little not moderate
lipstick100
5% products discount

Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Did nothing for me when I tried it about two years ago.

40-something, oily skin, occasional adult acne outbreaks, using tretinoin 0.5%, advocate of facial exercise and sunscreen is my essential #1 product
MissCay
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hello...

So difficult to chase such a long post... The KH products sound so attractive. I'd like to give it a try. I have combination skin with oily T-zone.

I see the VK 1,2,3 contaim Retinol, is it safe/suitable to be used at a.m.? Or it'd be better use OFC at a.m.?

Secondly, can the Silhouette help to remove scars of breakouts on my back and scar of wound on my arm? (But my body is already a thin type, I just worry would it "further remove" my lipid on my back?)

Can anyone kindly give me some suggestions? (Sorry my English is not well) thanks~
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
MissCay wrote:
Hello...

So difficult to chase such a long post... The KH products sound so attractive. I'd like to give it a try. I have combination skin with oily T-zone.

I see the VK 1,2,3 contaim Retinol, is it safe/suitable to be used at a.m.? Or it'd be better use OFC at a.m.?

Secondly, can the Silhouette help to remove scars of breakouts on my back and scar of wound on my arm? (But my body is already a thin type, I just worry would it "further remove" my lipid on my back?)

Can anyone kindly give me some suggestions? (Sorry my English is not well) thanks~

I can't speak to the Silhouette, but all of the VKs are safe to use in the am.
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Well it is a long treat...

First of all, to misscay, I am a new KH user, too, I am using vk2 in pm and oxy fc in am and this combo goes well on me, if you have occasional breakout, you may try. I did not use the silho but planned to go for a trial, will let you know later as I have lots of scars over my body Wink

btw, anyone here could offer me a helping hand, I am pretty happy with my vk 2 but would like to add the oil in the pm regime before the vk 2 as i read from other message, it could help with the pigmentation, BUT I found 2 oil over there, the Apricot oil and the VK oil, and their descriptions look quite similar, so which one should I go for?

Thanks,
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Happycat.....I don't know if this will help you, but I have very dry/sensitive skin and I use the Vita K Oil under the VK2 with very good results. My face is not dry nor irritated.

I had the same dilemma as yourself when trying to choose the appropriate oil. I decided on the Vita K because I like Jobjoba Oil and it seemed to have less ingredients than the Apricot Oil which for myself means less possible skin irritants.

I'm sure both oils are good. This is just my own personal experience with them. Hope this helps.
evenet
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Really really want to try KH line. This thread is so looooong...but I will try best to read them on.

Beforehand, would you please suggest how "oxygen" work on KH products???

I have acne prone, sensitive skin. Also get acne pock and mark. If I just want to try one KH product to test whether this line suit me.

Which one should I start?? Or at least buy TWO?

Thanks!!!!! Rolling Eyes
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Evenet - Please read the 302 threaad - think this may be way better for you!!!!

Sis
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
hello ladies, I'm back at last.

Have to say my face is in its best ever condition after six weeks of camping and traveling. I really just used the bare bones- prof. cleanser in the pm with VK1- then a cold splash of water using my microfiber and just VK1 followed by Osmosis Shelter for sunscreen. No breakouts, no dryness, no oilies in the morning. Just clear radiant skin- I think that once I use up my extras I will probably stick with this simple routine, might need to keep the oil for winter moisture, but at a little over three months now, I could not be happier with the results.

And on an aside, those pesky mosquito bites seemed to clear up much faster this year with a dab of VK1.

I did take along my essential mask, but only used it once- though I think this is still a keeper.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:39 am      Reply with quote
[quote="graceless_lady"]

My initial results with KH were very good - I thought it was evening out my overall tone, my eyes looked good and my t-zone problem was entirely eradicated. But in the last month I have sadly come to the conclusion that the products with oxygen are just not right for my face. My chin looks dreadful - I saw a photo of it the other day and I was horrified. I have not stopped breaking out and I am left with lingering acne scars for far longer than is usual for me. And my cheeks are blotchy.

Sadly, I have had the same experience--my once creamy complexion is blotchy, splotchy and covered in little red marks. However, a combination of the 3% body cream and the hand cream have been wonderful for my hands>
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
HOHO,this is a long tread . If I am boss of this line , I will laughing.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Cuddles"]
graceless_lady wrote:

My initial results with KH were very good - I thought it was evening out my overall tone, my eyes looked good and my t-zone problem was entirely eradicated. But in the last month I have sadly come to the conclusion that the products with oxygen are just not right for my face. My chin looks dreadful - I saw a photo of it the other day and I was horrified. I have not stopped breaking out and I am left with lingering acne scars for far longer than is usual for me. And my cheeks are blotchy.

Sadly, I have had the same experience--my once creamy complexion is blotchy, splotchy and covered in little red marks. However, a combination of the 3% body cream and the hand cream have been wonderful for my hands>

So sorry Graceless Lady and Cuddles. Not for you I guess.
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Cuddles, blotches and marks for me too!
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:47 am      Reply with quote
To those who are now seeing blotches and things- have you contacted JoElla? She has so much experience with this line, maybe there is something that needs to be tweaked in your routine, or ?. How long before you began to notice these changes? I have been a little over three months and I find for my skin I needed to back off the extras- and I found that VK2 is just too much for me. I realize this may not be for everybody, but seems like there might be some answers to what is happening somewhere.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
tuningmyheart wrote:
To those who are now seeing blotches and things- have you contacted JoElla? She has so much experience with this line, maybe there is something that needs to be tweaked in your routine, or ?. How long before you began to notice these changes? I have been a little over three months and I find for my skin I needed to back off the extras- and I found that VK2 is just too much for me. I realize this may not be for everybody, but seems like there might be some answers to what is happening somewhere.

Hi turningmyheart. I didn't email JoElla, but I went and sought advice from a salon in the UK that does KH facials - and they agreed with me that I should cease using the oxygen products on my chin and cheeks. They suggested I could continue to use around my t-zone and eyes as my results there continued to be good, which I will consider after I've got my skin back on track.

To answer your question about when I started to notice the 'negative' changes: I'd say it was about 6 weeks after I started. My chin never really adjusted to KH, but the blotchiness on my cheeks and the surfacing of two sun spots were gradual. Other areas of my face continued to enjoy very good results so I persevered hoping my skin would 'normalise'. But like I wrote on the previous page, it was only when I saw a recent photo of myself that I realised just how shocking my chin and cheeks were looking. I have to say that I have never known zits like those that appeared on my chin whilst using KH ... they were like solid lumps trapped under several layers of skin that wouldn't budge for weeks, and when they finally went down they would leave nasty red marks that I fear are going to take me a long time to get rid of. Needless to say, there's a 'how to fade acne scars' thread that I'm following pretty closely at the moment!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the VK1 for a while now. I love the results. My skin feels smoother and pores are smaller.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Here's my update. My initial results were fast and amazingly good. Clogged pores were gone and my skin just had a smoothness to it that I hadn't seen in a while. I quickly realized though that the VK products did not agree with my face. I don't know if it was the retinol or what, but my skin just looked tired and dry. I loved and used the oxygen face twice a day. But after I had the issue with the major hyperpigmentation appearing on my face after being in the sun for an afternoon (seriously looked like I had a big brown moustache), I immediately stopped using the oxy face and started using only the NIA24 sunscreen in the mornings and Mama Lotion every other evening, and started taking MSM, to try and combat the pigmentation. I have continued with the prof cleansing and mild scrub daily and so far my skin has kept the smoothness and pores are staying clear and the pigmentation is looking alot better. I will soon start the oxy face back in only as a mask a few times a week. Probably will not order the essential mask or the eye cream again.

For anyone hoping to heal old scars, I had also mentioned in an earlier post that I was applying oxy face to a burn scar and seen some slight positive results the fist couple weeks. After that there was no change so I quit applying. But after I started using MSM I had something quite weird happen and my burn scar has started to heal. I posted early pics on the MSM thread and will post updated ones soon.

I have been using the VK1 and 2 creams that I had left on my nails and this stuff is great. My nails are long and pure white, and all the dried skin on the sides is almost gone. I am thinking of reordering the VK just for my nails.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
I have been using the VK1 and 2 creams that I had left on my nails and this stuff is great. My nails are long and pure white, and all the dried skin on the sides is almost gone. I am thinking of reordering the VK just for my nails.

I was just thinking about this today, wishing I knew how to post a photo here, because my nails are so... long now. The nail bed is healthy pink and the length is bright white. You guys can't imagine the change this represents for me. For my entire life, my nails have had basically no length to them and would peel and split constantly. They were always just plain short. I don't even have to keep the Nailtiques on them anymore; I just buff and go. Unbelievable! To say that I am thrilled would be a major understatement. Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hey ladies, I've missed you here in the KH thread. I'm having computer issues and have snuck in to use my son's puter. Bummer Graceless, I'm sorry you've had so much trouble with the line. I'm glad you went to a KH salon to get advice. Don't you wish there was a way to know if something would work for you?
Diana, my client went from daily use of the oxy face to once, sometimes twice a week and it's working well for her that way. She was purging too much from more frequent use.
Thanks for the reminder on the nails. I must try that with my vk2.
As for me, all is well. I have found that summer and KH does change what I do somewhat. I have to be more spare with the H, every other day and absolutely no other products. If I add something else I run into trouble. I tried John's anti wrinkle cream and ended up with some icky pores. My experience is still good and I love my skin with this line. I still want to try the 302 though, someday. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
hahaqj wrote:
HOHO,this is a long tread . If I am boss of this line , I will laughing.

You got that right hahaqj; this is a verrrry long thread. But just let me add to it by saying that the KH Professional Cleansing Cream (it actually says "gel" on the tube) is good so far for me! I even ordered the Vita-A-Apricot since the sample EDS sent with my order is working so well too!

I noticed that the line is Swiss, as is Gerda Spillmann's Bio-Fond foundation. Both are based on pharmaceutical grade petroleum, I read, so it figures they would complement each other, right? I found the combination of Karin Herzog and Gerda Spillmann Bio-Fond is genius for a totally natural finish and nice coverage without being masky or chalky. Very kind to mature complexions as it blurs lines and doesn't accentuate them. Bio-Fond has TiDi also so it offers some SPF protection.

I love the blurbs on the sample packets of KH: "A marvellous comfort for the skin with a delicious mental strength." And, "Formula for success and pleasure!"
Not sure if I have "delicious mental strength", but I sure look pretty good anyway!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |