Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I'm the opposite. I get the most vacuuming effect from melting between my fingers. I first used the water trick but found the other worked best for me. I only use the pea size for my face. I add a little more for my neck and chest. The great thing about this thread is sharing the little tricks we've found works best for us. Glad you like it, Fawnie. I like the chocolate cleanser because it does have a little more 'slip'.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
The only thing that I hate about the prof cleanser is that I have to use dry fingers on a dry face. I shower every night and it's kind of a pain to wash my face before I get in the shower. But if I use any water at all then I feel like the cleanser is just sitting on top of my skin and my fingers just slip over the cleanser. I also found that the less I use the better. If I use more then a pea size amount then I lose the vaccuuming effect.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I put my cleanser on and then fiddle around until I get into the shower or bath. I rinse with a rectangular cotton pad that I buy from Walgreens.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:59 am      Reply with quote
My routine with the cleanser is very similar to Blues. I rub the cleanser bewteen my fingers to warm it up and liquefy, then spread over my face and do a little face massage. Then I pop in the shower and wipe with a fresh cloth. I started with the cleansng milk, but I like the prof. cleanser soooo much better. Also love that the my morning routine has one less step with this cleanser as I only use it at night and just splash with water in the morning before applying the vk1.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
i been using the sample of karin herzog oxygen face visage at night for about 3 days now. and in the morning my face is feeling a lil dry and skin is tight near cheeks and chin and loooks quite dry.

my skin dint have this dry-ish look until i used this product....i dont know if this is a good thing of bad. I have uneven skintone near chin and skin was abit congested probably due to time of the month....so i used this sample product and i think its kind of working....maybe the dryness is cause the bad skin is gona flake/peel of? I am not sure whether to keep going with this? it has 2% hydrogen peroxide....and i can even smell it kind of

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:32 am      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
i been using the sample of karin herzog oxygen face visage at night for about 3 days now. and in the morning my face is feeling a lil dry and skin is tight near cheeks and chin and loooks quite dry.

my skin dint have this dry-ish look until i used this product....i dont know if this is a good thing of bad. I have uneven skintone near chin and skin was abit congested probably due to time of the month....so i used this sample product and i think its kind of working....maybe the dryness is cause the bad skin is gona flake/peel of? I am not sure whether to keep going with this? it has 2% hydrogen peroxide....and i can even smell it kind of

Simran,
Read your directions either with your product or online. You will see that dryness can occur. Two things, you can cut back your usage, try every other night or as KH recommends you can use an oil as well. I had some dryness around my mouth when I first began. I would also make sure that you are using the correct amount of product, which seems to be a common mistake people make. Good luck.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the complete Karin Herzog line for approximately 6 weeks and while I am seeing improvement in my pores and rosacea, I am seeing no improvement in my fine/deep lines and sagging. This morning I tried a sample from EDS "dermalogica - multivitamin power concentrate" over my Vitamin H and before my Kombi 2 and I can feel a tightening sensation. The dermalogica product states "Deliver a concentrated dose of pure vitamins A, C and E to help firm and revitalize skin while promoting elasticity. Regular use can help skin recover from previous sun damage. Contains no artificial fragrance or colour." Will this product work synergistically with Karin Herzog or should I stop using it?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:15 am      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
I have been using the complete Karin Herzog line for approximately 6 weeks and while I am seeing improvement in my pores and rosacea, I am seeing no improvement in my fine/deep lines and sagging. This morning I tried a sample from EDS "dermalogica - multivitamin power concentrate" over my Vitamin H and before my Kombi 2 and I can feel a tightening sensation. The dermalogica product states "Deliver a concentrated dose of pure vitamins A, C and E to help firm and revitalize skin while promoting elasticity. Regular use can help skin recover from previous sun damage. Contains no artificial fragrance or colour." Will this product work synergistically with Karin Herzog or should I stop using it?

Interesting. Stovetop, I see no reason why you couldn't use it with the KH line. The Kombi should push it deeper into the skin. Have you tried it on top of the Kombi? I'm curious what you thinks works best. Keep trying it and see what your results are.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Bluesheart, are you around? Would you recommend vk1 or oxygen face cream as a starter? I read through and narrowed it down to this 2 but reluctant to get 2 oxygen products for the face at one go.

I've sensitive, dehydrated skin that is prone to acne.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:18 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
Bluesheart, are you around? Would you recommend vk1 or oxygen face cream as a starter? I read through and narrowed it down to this 2 but reluctant to get 2 oxygen products for the face at one go.

Hmm. I guess, because it's recommended for acne, the OF. Ask for a sample of the VK1 for later use. Remember to use the recommended amount and I would start once a day, every other day. I hope you have luck as I have.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
snowstar wrote:

Hmm. I guess, because it's recommended for acne, the OF. Ask for a sample of the VK1 for later use. Remember to use the recommended amount and I would start once a day, every other day. I hope you have luck as I have.

I agree, start with the OF. I also have skin that is prone to acne and I ordered the OF, VK1 and VK2. I started with the OF for one week then went to the VK1 which did not agree with my face at all. I don't normally have dry skin, but my face looked old and tired. I went back to the OF at night only (NIA24 during the day) and my skin is back to the way it was. The OF just seems to agree with my skin more, so I am using up the VK1 and VK2 on my hands.
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Just goes to show our varying experiences with the same products. Because of my constant battle with blackheads/congested pores, I started with the OFC, Mild Scrub and Prof Cleanser. Initially, I did experience some dryness with the OFC but it did subside after a while. At first, it looked like I had made progress with the blackheads but after a while I wasn't so sure, though my skin was smoother.

Next I added the Vit A Apricot at night and found it to work better for me; I stopped the OFC except as a mask. The blackheads/congestion improved and my skin looked fresher. I also layered the Vit H on top of the Vit A Apricot. When I tried including both in the AM as well, I noticed my skin began to look dull and the texture became rough so I reverted to at night only. I've also found it helped me to add 2 drops of squalene before anything else. For the AM I used a moisturizer and sunscreen.

While I did make progress on the blackheads/congestion, it still was not nearly as clear as I'd like. Also, the sunspots, which were lightened when I used Vit C previously, returned to the same shade.

Not being able to leave well enough alone, a few weeks ago I decided to try the Skin Medica Vit C complex in the AM to address my dark spots & because I felt I needed an antioxidant. I took it slow and used it once every few days because I was experiencing some redness. It's too early to tell how this is working.

Another thing I'm trying is facial brushing at night only. I want the Clarisonic but the $$$ prevent me from jumping in on this. I did some reading on this forum and saw a thread of folks who've used their Sonic toothbrush; I know it sounds silly but I figured I'd give it a try since I had an extra brush head and it would help me determine if I really needed the Clarisonic. I use a very, very light hand and it has actually made a significant difference in the texture of my skin and blackheads/congestion which I still have but are so much more improved. I've also found my KH products at night to absorb so much better and my skin looks & feels great in the AM. I guess the Clarisonic or something similar is next on my list.

After all of this, I think I've finally found a routine that works for me which I can stick to..... well, until another product gets raved about. Hmmmmm, Remergent DNA, barrier cream, etc.? Wink
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone Smile Finally placed an order with JoElla for the face cream and silhoutte set with a request for VK1 sample. If KH can battle the acne and cellulite, I've struck gold!!! Bad Grin

Eagerly awaiting the items now. Any idea how long JoElla takes to ship? My skin is in a great condition now (for me) and this is the best time to test out the stuff before it goes crazy again!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:50 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
Any idea how long JoElla takes to ship?

Others have had better luck with JoElla's shipping time than I have. My orders always took 2 weeks which seemed long... to me. Maybe I was just unlucky and had backordered items in my orders.

Hope you get yours soon. Waiting is no fun!
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:51 am      Reply with quote
I am so frustrated with my KH eye cream. I hadn't been using it for a month or two (I believe that I purchased it in late June or early July)and it was tightly closed in a cabinet. When I went to use it yesterday, there was very little in there and what was there was thick and sticky. It evaporated by way over 1/2 the volume!! Grrr....
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:16 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Congrats, Gracedy. I didn't know you were pregnant? Have you found your skin clearing from the hormones?

Thanks Bluesheart, yes I am pretty content with my skin now as I don't have to deal with hormornal acnes. But I still have blackheads on my nose and the T-zone is a bit oily...also wondering if the Oxygyn face cream can clear out acne marks and age spots...
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:58 am      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Congrats, Gracedy. I didn't know you were pregnant? Have you found your skin clearing from the hormones?

Thanks Bluesheart, yes I am pretty content with my skin now as I don't have to deal with hormornal acnes. But I still have blackheads on my nose and the T-zone is a bit oily...also wondering if the Oxygyn face cream can clear out acne marks and age spots...

How far along are you in your pregnancy? I've been gone so I may have missed that news. I think the VK1 would probably do better for the acne and age spots but that's just me. I didn't use the OF very long as I use the Kombi 2. You could try your OF with the scrub for the blackheads.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:21 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
gracedhy wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

How far along are you in your pregnancy? I've been gone so I may have missed that news. I think the VK1 would probably do better for the acne and age spots but that's just me. I didn't use the OF very long as I use the Kombi 2. You could try your OF with the scrub for the blackheads.

I am 22 weeks now,does VK1 contain Vitamin A? I try to stay away from that as it is not good for the baby.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:25 am      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
gracedhy wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

I am 22 weeks now,does VK1 contain Vitamin A? I try to stay away from that as it is not good for the baby.

Yes! It does. I forgot all about that. Fourteen years since the last baby. You can always try the OF and see what happens.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
I am so frustrated with my KH eye cream. I hadn't been using it for a month or two (I believe that I purchased it in late June or early July)and it was tightly closed in a cabinet. When I went to use it yesterday, there was very little in there and what was there was thick and sticky. It evaporated by way over 1/2 the volume!! Grrr....

The same thing happened to me with my sample of KH eye cream. I was lucky to get a generous amount of the eye cream to test and was sure I would have a good 2-3 weeks worth. However, after a week the cream was thick and sticky. It dried out just from the little time it was opened every day when I was applying it.
At least I got mine for free.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:

The same thing happened to me with my sample of KH eye cream. I was lucky to get a generous amount of the eye cream to test and was sure I would have a good 2-3 weeks worth. However, after a week the cream was thick and sticky. It dried out just from the little time it was opened every day when I was applying it.
At least I got mine for free.

ARGH. That is terrible. I ran to check out my little jar and it is fine. Bren, I'd complain to whomever you purchased from. JoE?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:50 am      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:

That would be very frustrating- I too would recommend contacting the seller. I have had mine since the spring and it is fine- I did put it in the fridge over the hot summer months though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

The Rose/Chamomile face creams sound very nice and lovely to use. Is there anyone who can share with us their experiences using any one of these face creams? Also, are these face creams to be used in addition to the VK creams or do they replace them? Thank you.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee, sorry to stray from your questions about the rose/camomile creams; I have a question about the Oxygen Facial, which uses a number of the KH products layered in sequence----> Has anyone tried it at home?? Is it suitable for mature/normal skin, or just blemished/oily? I have some open pores on my nose I'm battling with.

I have found that applying my VitaAApricot cream with my nylon fan brush from the art store is just perfect and doesn't waste product like applying with my fingers did! Love this line!! Thanks so much for starting this thread!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie,
The facial should be lovely for you. I assume you're doing it just occasionally? I'm pleased you're enjoying this line.

Leelee,
I've not ordered the new creams but they look interesting. I don't know where I would include them in my routine so I've passed.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |