Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jeanni
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:52 am      Reply with quote
oh, you are the devil, snowstar! I haven't even tried the additional sweet yet. I'm still breaking out!!! Crying or Very sad You aren't breaking out from the sweet? I hope you have clear beautiful pores and nice, glowy (but matte) skin!

I think I am still going through some purging where old stuff is coming up, but I am also going through a hormonal breakout as well.

I've added in the VK1 and seem to be doing okay on that. My skin does appear a bit drier in the morning, but as soon as I wash my face in the morning, it is just fine. My oil production is much more controlled now and some days I don't even worry about blotting.

I just cannot wait for my skin to be cleared up! Between the hormonal breakouts and the red marks from the extracted blemishes, my skin looks like it did when I was 15...AWFUL!

I'm just gonna have to keep on keepin on...or whatever. Oy.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
jeanni wrote:
oh, you are the devil, snowstar! I haven't even tried the additional sweet yet. I'm still breaking out!!! Crying or Very sad You aren't breaking out from the sweet? I hope you have clear beautiful pores and nice, glowy (but matte) skin!

I think I am still going through some purging where old stuff is coming up, but I am also going through a hormonal breakout as well.

I've added in the VK1 and seem to be doing okay on that. My skin does appear a bit drier in the morning, but as soon as I wash my face in the morning, it is just fine. My oil production is much more controlled now and some days I don't even worry about blotting.

I just cannot wait for my skin to be cleared up! Between the hormonal breakouts and the red marks from the extracted blemishes, my skin looks like it did when I was 15...AWFUL!

Hey Jeanni,
One of my clients did what you were doing and she spoke with JoE and ended up only using the OF two or three days a week. She substituted with the VK1 using that most days. Maybe that would work for you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:22 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
jeanni wrote:

Hey Jeanni,
One of my clients did what you were doing and she spoke with JoE and ended up only using the OF two or three days a week. She substituted with the VK1 using that most days. Maybe that would work for you.

Thanks blues, I may end up trying that. I used the OF for two weeks and added in the VK1 a few nights ago. Now I'm using OF in the morning and VK1 at night. Is your client substituting the VK1 in the a.m. and using twice a day or just once?

I did wake up this morning with some hope. No new breakouts and lots of healing. I used the scrub last night and my skin looks much healthier. It actually looked pretty and even (save a few spots) after I applied my MMU this morning.

I'm going to see how my skin reacts in the next few days. It's really funny with this product how quickly things can change. Right before my hormonal breakout, I remember thinking that although my skin was purging a bit, it still had a nice glow and even skin tone. Now, after my breakout is complete, it looks like things might (crossing fingers) be heading in the right direction.

The one thing I am very happy with is my oil production being regulated. I have tried every type of oil control product on the market and have been sorely disappointed. I've even been told by the ladies at Sephora to layer different oil control products. This, by the way, did not help either. I am truly amazed at how much of a difference the oxygen products have made in this area. And I can tell that my skin has the potential for that even, creamy skin tone others have spoken of. My one struggle continues to be breakouts, but I'm confident that will work itself out also. As long as that happens before June 13th (the big day!), I will be a happy camper...

Happy Tuesday, ladies!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! So many hearts!

Overall I am not very much impressed with the line, but I really love the professional and finest chocolate cleansers! Especially in evening when u come home, apply a thick layer of the cleansing cream, then do all the cooking, cleaning, etc, and then wash it off after! Works pretty well for me. Skin is clean and the cream seems to absorb all the dirt very well.

I also love the mask. But I guess, to make this line work, one has to give up all the other products, which I am not ready to do!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Wow! So many hearts!

Overall I am not very much impressed with the line, but I really love the professional and finest chocolate cleansers! Especially in evening when u come home, apply a thick layer of the cleansing cream, then do all the cooking, cleaning, etc, and then wash it off after! Works pretty well for me. Skin is clean and the cream seems to absorb all the dirt very well.

I also love the mask. But I guess, to make this line work, one has to give up all the other products, which I am not ready to do!

Russian Sunshine,
I don't think you have to give up other products. I know quite a few are using other products. I know Sis is and Marina, I believe. I'm sure there are others as well. I do not but that's just my experience. You're right, those cleansers are great.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, Love the cleanser.

I'm one of the gals who mixes products. I use Retin A and green cream and Skinceuticals Vit C. I also rotate KH VitaKombi 2 with other products, but always use VK2 four days a week and the eye cream - love that everyday.

And the essential mask. Especially now with the dehydration factor of heating my house.
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
I also mix products. I have so many different lines at home and I switch around, but love the KH for the brightening. I will never stop using this line. I am a moisturizer addict and use a kombi and apply a moisturizer over it. Or I use a serum and apply a Kombi on top. I love to play around. But for me the essential mask is exceptional. I used it tonight and tomorrow my skin will look fabulous.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:50 am      Reply with quote
jeanni wrote:
I haven't even tried the additional sweet yet. I'm still breaking out!!! Crying or Very sad You aren't breaking out from the sweet? I hope you have clear beautiful pores and nice, glowy (but matte) skin!

No sweetie, I didn't suffer from any breakout when I moved to VK1 + additional sweet. I did get strange bumps and a few acne during my first 2 weeks with OFC. I was also battling dehyrated skin with the OFC.

Morning routine
cleanser+ sothys hydrating serum + sothys light hydrating moisturizer.

Evening
cleanser + VK1 + additional sweet. I wait 5 mins after cleansing before using VK1 and another 5 mins before using the additional sweet.

On alternate nights, add on differin or retin a before the vk 1.

My skin is very happy - it's neither dry nor oily. I only had *1* new large acne on my chin since i started vk 1 + additional sweet. The entire face has a rosy complexion to it!

I am going to work now with NO makeup. Need I say more?! Bye bye concealers, bye bye foundation, bye bye loose powder!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Woo hoo! Snowstar, that's great...I'm so happy for you! My skin looked so much better this morning...I wore a light dusting of MMU and some concealer on red marks. But no more bumps or breakouts today!

sis, two products I have really been missing lately are my SkinCeuticals CE serum in the a.m. and my Retin A at night. I plan to add those in later. First I am going to finish my VK1 samples, then move up to VK2. Then when my skin is adjusted well to that, I will add in the vit c and Retin A, one at a time. How did you add these products to your regimen? TIA!!
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:37 am      Reply with quote
jeanni wrote:

sis, two products I have really been missing lately are my SkinCeuticals CE serum in the a.m. and my Retin A at night. I plan to add those in later. First I am going to finish my VK1 samples, then move up to VK2. Then when my skin is adjusted well to that, I will add in the vit c and Retin A, one at a time. How did you add these products to your regimen? TIA!!

not sis sweets here but i added Retin a and Differin back into my routine too.

I started by using 1/2 the amt of Retin A/Differin that I normally use after cleansing. Wait for it to be fully absorbed and layered on the oxygen stuff.

After a few days, I moved it up to full strength. I don't use it daily like I used to but on alternate nights.

It's been a month or so and no side effect yet. I layered it with both OFC and VK1 with no problems.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Karin Herzog UK is having a 3 for 2 sale until Dec 31st Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks snow!

Wait, what does your signature say again?? LOL! Laughing

By the way, I used the OxyFace as a mask last night and put the saran wrap over it. I am absolutely amazed at how easily everything came out in my extractions Shock I'm definitely on my way to clearer pores...
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
that's wonderful jeanni. Glad to hear you are getting some positive results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
jeanni wrote:
Woo hoo! Snowstar, that's great...I'm so happy for you! My skin looked so much better this morning...I wore a light dusting of MMU and some concealer on red marks. But no more bumps or breakouts today!

I wait about 20 minutes between Retin A and other preparations at night. I actually use Remergent some nights.
In the morning I put on Skinceuticals C; wait 20 minutes and then put on VK2. And Love the eye cream. Wear that day and night.
jeanni
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
yep, I'm using the eye cream twice a day...love it! The skin around my eyes has never felt so soft and moisturized.

sis, when did you begin using the Retin A with KH? I just started on VK2 tonight and figured I'd wait until my skin gets used to that, then I'd add in a product, either the vit C or Retin A. I'm not sure which to add in first or when to do it...any thoughts? I kinda figured I'd add in one thing at a time and see how my skin reacts...
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
jeanni wrote:
Thanks snow!

By the way, I used the OxyFace as a mask last night and put the saran wrap over it. I am absolutely amazed at how easily everything came out in my extractions Shock I'm definitely on my way to clearer pores...

what is a saran wrap and how do u use it? anything to remove blackheads perks me up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
jeanni wrote:
Thanks snow!

what is a saran wrap and how do u use it? anything to remove blackheads perks me up.

Saran Wrap is the clear plastic wrap that you use in the kitchen to cover a bowl of food, etc. Some people like to cut strips of it to put over their faces after they apply one of the oxygen products (it helps with penetration). Just apply the cream, cover with the plastic wrap and lie down for awhile. I have tried it and it does make extractions even easier although the cream itself does wonders too.

On another note, I am relieved to say that I am finally in possession of the defective eye cream that JoElla was replacing for me. Very Happy What a frustrating experience with her; I definitely won't order from her again. So sorry to hear that others are waiting weeks and weeks for their orders.

I have to say that while I love the KH stuff for the glow, etc. I never did find that it helped my hormonal acne. Sad JoElla kept telling me to use the OF and that it would kill the bacteria over time and greatly improve the acne but that never happened for me. I am thrilled to say that my skin is finally clear (after years of dealing with this adult acne and hundreds of dollars spent!) Very Happy I went back to the dermatologist and she prescribed 2-3 months of oral antibiotics. The drug is hard on my stomach but it has been so worth it! It has been 6 weeks and I have only had one small blemish. One. You don't know how unbelievable that is. I use Duac in the am and Retin A Microgel in the pm as well (I was already using them before the oral Rx). It will be interesting to see how my skin is after the 2-3 months on the drugs, with just the Duac and Retin A....
I hadn't realized how self-conscious my acne was making me until now; I feel so much more confident in social situations!
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:30 am      Reply with quote
hi brenpasta, thanks for explaining. I have some cellophane wrap in the kitchen and will try out this mini facial on the weekend Smile

It's great to hear that your acne problem is under control. I know how it feels, i did the antibiotics and even went for roaccutane.

Also glad to hear you got your eye cream Smile PLease do review it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
hi there...
i'm interested in this line, specifically the kombi creams, but do have some questions i hope someone could take a stab at:
are they moisturizing enough on their own, or is additional moisturizer necessary?
do they feel heavy, filmy, or sticky once applied?

i'm mid 20's with moderately blemish-prone/congested combo skin. over the last year or so i have begun to see the faintest beginnings of some forehead lines and some decreased resilience: breakouts take longer to heal and are more likely to scar/leave behind those really fun red marks. i'm also trying to get away from salicylic acid--it just doesn't zap 'em like it used to and tends to leave me peeling for days.

thoughts?
Mabsy

Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
dagnolia,

I am having great results with the KH line after only a few days!!! I bought a whole bunch of products but got some samples with them as well so I thought I'd start with the weaker formulations. I'm using Kombi 1 (I bought Kombi 2) at the moment followed by Additional Sweet (I bought the H cream). My skin (see sig) can probably do without the Additional Sweet (which is lovely btw) but because I am using the Clarisonic as well, I want to make sure that I don't dry out my skin.

Looking at the texture of the creams I did expect them to feel heavy once applied but that is not the case at all.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
hi brenpasta, thanks for explaining. I have some cellophane wrap in the kitchen and will try out this mini facial on the weekend Smile

It's great to hear that your acne problem is under control. I know how it feels, i did the antibiotics and even went for roaccutane.

Also glad to hear you got your eye cream Smile PLease do review it!

Hi snow! I'm not brenpatsa, but I've been using the eye cream for about 4 weeks now. Here's my review: the cream looks like and has about the same texture as the Kombi creams. It smells similar as well. Although it's thicker than many eye creams I've tried, I just pat it on gently and allow it to absorb (again, like the Kombi).

I must say, my eyes have never felt so smooth and moisturized. Even at the end of the day, before I wash my face and reapply, my entire eye area is as soft as silk! I have noticed (very) slight improvements in fine lines under and around my eyes due to the improved moisture. I've also noticed a slight lightening of my undereye circles. I also have a bad case of milia under my eyes...the eye cream hasn't helped at all with this, but it hasn't made it worse either. All in all, I adore this eye cream. Way better than Kinerase or any other I've tried...

I also use it on my lips. In the morning, I apply it to my lips and let it absorb before using any lipstick, gloss, etc. My lips stay moist and soft all day long, even with the weather getting colder. At night, I like to massage in some of the Vita-A-Kombi oil, then when that's absorped, top it off with some of the eye cream. I love the way my lips look in the morning! Moist, plump, and even-toned...voila! Best of all, I found a use for the oil. It came with my Oxygen Facial kit I ordered from JoElla, but I'm afraid to use it on my face because I'm concerned the wheat germ oil in it will break me out. I'm also going to try using it on my feet, elbows, or whatever else gets dry this winter (the oil...can't afford to do that with the eye cream, lol). HTH!! Very Happy
cora-lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:49 am      Reply with quote
wow, what a long thread!

i used KH stuff a few years ago and was relatively pleased with it, until i noticed my eyebrows had considerably lightened (and i am brunette! so not a very nice look Shock )
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have some extra KH products that don't work for me, if anyone needs:
Oxygen Face - new tube used x2
Essential Mask - new tube used x2
Vita-A-Apricot - full size jar half full

I will ask a decent price, but only ship to USA please.
Please PM me if interested.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
cora-lu wrote:
wow, what a long thread!

i used KH stuff a few years ago and was relatively pleased with it, until i noticed my eyebrows had considerably lightened (and i am brunette! so not a very nice look Shock )

Yikes!! Yes, the products are not supposed to be applied to the eyebrows. I can't remember if the instructions say that or not, but there have been some discussions in here about eyebrows getting bleached. Mine are blond and I have to darken them anyway, so it doesn't really bother me...sorry that happened to you though! Shock
dagnolia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
dagnolia,

I am having great results with the KH line after only a few days!!! I bought a whole bunch of products but got some samples with them as well so I thought I'd start with the weaker formulations. I'm using Kombi 1 (I bought Kombi 2) at the moment followed by Additional Sweet (I bought the H cream). My skin (see sig) can probably do without the Additional Sweet (which is lovely btw) but because I am using the Clarisonic as well, I want to make sure that I don't dry out my skin.

Looking at the texture of the creams I did expect them to feel heavy once applied but that is not the case at all.

thanks! that's so encouraging. sounds like i can use it with a bit of facial oil i already have if i start feeling a bit parched.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |