Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
cora-lu wrote:
wow, what a long thread!

i used KH stuff a few years ago and was relatively pleased with it, until i noticed my eyebrows had considerably lightened (and i am brunette! so not a very nice look Shock )

Coat your brows and/or lashes with vaseline neatly, apply KH, then wipe vaseline off after KH has fully absorbed.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:23 am      Reply with quote
hi dagnolia,

I've used KH for a month+ and love it. My skin is oily but dehydrated.

OFC and VK1 do not feel heavy, filmy or sticky, I have yet to try VK2. Both creams look heavy but are light and airy, they absorb in quickly without a trace. I find OFC drying on my skin, the VK1 + additional sweet combi was lovely. I did try a couple of days with vk1 only and it is definitely more moisturizing than OFC.

You may want to consider OFC as it has 2% oxygen and is recommended for ladies under 30 or people with oily,acne prone skin. My personal preference is for vk1.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

Which cleanser are you sing with the Clarisonic?

Can you please review the difference between vk1 vs vk2 and additional sweet vs vit h after you've tested them out?

I love the additional sweet but most reviews I read are for vit h.

thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:33 am      Reply with quote
thanks jeanni for the eye cream review =) It's on my wish list now for sure! LoL

If you have cellulite, the silhouette is AMAZING. I really really see a difference. Tested it out by applying on my left thigh only and it's pretty amazing. I didn't get much sensation from the oxygen products but I can feel the prickling feeling mentioned when I apply silhouette ^_^

If i can figure out how to post pics, I can share the pics of my chubby left thigh vs right thigh.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
hi dagnolia,

I've used KH for a month+ and love it. My skin is oily but dehydrated.

OFC and VK1 do not feel heavy, filmy or sticky, I have yet to try VK2. Both creams look heavy but are light and airy, they absorb in quickly without a trace. I find OFC drying on my skin, the VK1 + additional sweet combi was lovely. I did try a couple of days with vk1 only and it is definitely more moisturizing than OFC.

You may want to consider OFC as it has 2% oxygen and is recommended for ladies under 30 or people with oily,acne prone skin. My personal preference is for vk1.

hmm... i was actually leaning toward either vk2 or getting both vk1 and the vk3 spot treatment. i have read that the ofc is recommended for <30/acne, but if the ofc is 2% and the vk2 is 2%, it seems like i could go for the vk2. i've used retinol products before and don't have a sensitivity to them... and i was looking to add something with retinol back in. i assume the retnol concentration in these things isn't terribly high, since it seems some are using the kombis with other retinol products.

so... i guess the point of my ramble is: it seems i'll be getting more "bang for my buck" so to speak by going with one of the kombis.

(by all means, someone correct me if i'm wildly mistaken in any of this.)
dagnolia
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
p.s. can anyone comment on the vk3 spot treatment?
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:08 am      Reply with quote
I dont know if this is typical, but I have been using the CC, vk2, ofc, scrub, eye ram and vk3 spot, for months now and been very happy with it. After illness and stay in hospital, I got some really dark circles and bags, and general darkness in the eye area, so last night I tried my sample og vit H cream on my face and eyes, and followed with vk2 (I know, not around the eyes, but still). I cannot beleive todays results, my eye area is so much brighter, lifted and no puffiness. Anyone else got this from the vit H, or is this a freak incident?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Nope, the Vit H is one of my favourite products. I always use it under my eyes under eye cream.
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Oh great, so now I really need this as well. Shock

Well, I havent been tempted to stray from this line yet, which is a personal best, by far. It is amazing what that humble ingredient list deliver.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:52 am      Reply with quote
This may sound weird, but I love the scent of vit. H..when I use it all over my face under VK2 at night, I get whiffs of it..it's oddly comforting and relaxing.
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I know! Me too. Very sad that my sample is gone, but I need to stock up on vk2 and scrub anyway. And maybe silhouette. The bodylotion is great, but silhouette sounds intriguing.

Now, if NCN liquid minerals live up to the hype, I will keep all my precious and not even look at other lines than KH, SIlk Naturals and NCN. Wink
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:13 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Nope, the Vit H is one of my favourite products. I always use it under my eyes under eye cream.

The Vit H is indeed wonderful. Although I gave up the KH oxygen products a couple of months ago for the most part, I have continued to use the rest of my VK1 over Vit H under my eyes and the results are great. This combination is the *only* products/s that have ever worked for my undereye area - depuffs, brightens (as in No Dark Circles) and hydrates - yay!

So although the oxygen products made a mess of the rest of my face, the other KH products that I'd invested in have become some of my true HGs - the Prof CC cleans like nothing else, the VK-Oil is a facial favourite, and the Vit H is hands-down the best 'wonder' cream I've ever used. I also love the Silhouette and Tonus for the thighs.

Still bummed that the oxygen products didn't work out for me (my chin is only now recovering) but I'm very happy to have found Prof CC and Vit H in particular - and happy to return to this thread and see that good results are continuing for so many. Smile

5% products discount

Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I'm finally out of KH products and have looked back probably 10 pages of posts to see that Joella is really having a hard time keeping up with orders. So with that in mind, where is everybody ordering if not from her? I did a search and there is skinelements.com, BeautyBridge.com, eskinstore.com, and of course EDS? but I like to ensure someone else has used one of these sources and found they are reputable. I found out about KH from this great forum and have been using it for close to 6 mos. I love it. I do mix it up with other items, but it is my main staple. I just turned 50, but my skin looks great because of KH.

Anyways your input from where to purchase would be greatly appreciated, by me and my carpal tunnel hand from reading all the posts Smile
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone please tell me the difference between the Vita A Kombi 2 and the Oxygen Face Cream...they both have 2% oxygen.

Ok...I found a website with ingredients and Vita A has Retinol. If I am already using Tazorac, do I need Vita A Kombi or should I try the OFC?
TIA
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
4luvofk9s, I have been ordering from skincarerx.com. Check on the codes post and I am sure that you will find a 20% off coupon code. Skincarerx delivers super fast, great handling of returns and answers emails right away. HTH
4luvofk9s
5% products discount

Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
thanks so much cookie!
jeanni
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
4luvofk9s, I have been ordering from skincarerx.com. Check on the codes post and I am sure that you will find a 20% off coupon code. Skincarerx delivers super fast, great handling of returns and answers emails right away. HTH

I think there's a 20% off code right now that is HOLIDAY08
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I am a huge SkinCareRx fan as well. The free shipping with orders over $49 is great too. I just pm'd the poster a 20% code that has no deadline as far as I know. I don't like to publicly post it but feel free to pm me!
rocruru
5% products discount

Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:07 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE SkinCareRx.COM. they have very nice Discount.
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I will have to check out SkinCareRx.

I did place another order with JoElla last week and had it in three days, I really have gotten wonderful service and advice from her, though it sounds like this is not everyone's experience.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to buy the mask but it can't be used around eyes. I'm afraid my skin around eyes will be totally different from other part of my face after using it..
nekosen
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:

Sounds great! Can it deliver to Canada?
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:53 am      Reply with quote
allyssa wrote:
Can someone please tell me the difference between the Vita A Kombi 2 and the Oxygen Face Cream...they both have 2% oxygen.

Ok...I found a website with ingredients and Vita A has Retinol. If I am already using Tazorac, do I need Vita A Kombi or should I try the OFC?
TIA

I asked that very question myself Smile According to JoElla, VK2 has retinol and is more moisturizing than OFC. Hence, if you are young or have oily skin, OFC will be better.

I have tried OFC and VK1 and personally like VK1 better with my oily but dehydrated skin. OFC is more drying and harder to spread. VK1 is like a souffle cream and sinks in like a dream. I use Retin A/Differin instead of Tazorac. Both contain retinol has well and I have't had any problems.

What I did was to order OFC and asked for a sample of VK1. 1 sample lasted me 2 weeks, used 1x nightly. Since OFC can used for spotting on acne as well as a mask treatment, I figured that if I like VK1 better, I'll still be able to finish it up. That's what I'm doing now =)

hth!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:57 am      Reply with quote
ladies who use vit h, what kind of skin do you have?

I asked JoElla for advice between the Additional Sweet vs Vit H. She suggested Additional Sweet as Vit H is for dehydrated or mature skin.

I've acne prone but dehydrated sensitive skin and and and over 30. Any opinions?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:41 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
ladies who use vit h, what kind of skin do you have?

I asked JoElla for advice between the Additional Sweet vs Vit H. She suggested Additional Sweet as Vit H is for dehydrated or mature skin.

I've acne prone but dehydrated sensitive skin and and and over 30. Any opinions?

Hi Snowstar,

I am experimenting with the Vit H. When I started in the spring with KH ihad combination skin- oily t-zone dry cheeks and very problematic hormonal acne. In the brochure I have on KH products this was very helpful to me in deciding how to use the Vit H. It states:

"This protective cream, a nourishing cocktail, combines biotin (vit. H), carrot oil, beta-carotene and Soja glycine with rosewood oil. Combined with other active ingredients for your skin's beauty, Kh Vit H is wonderfully nourishing without being oily. It is non-occlusive, leaving the skin with renewed elasticity, permeability and softness. Rich and nourishing, yet not oily, Vit H promotes naturally beautiful skin, well-toned muscles and contributes toward a better natarual defence against potential cosmetic problems in the skin.
It evens out skin's natural colouring and reinforces the skin's natural resistance to attacks from ultra-violet rays. Soja Glycine is also incorporated in the Kh Vit H cream. Wonderfully soft and nourishing, Soja Glycine is known to be the richest grain in protein and fat content and is greatl;y appreciated for the ability to make the skin as soft as satin. Recommended use:
Vit H can be used in three ways: 1) As a day and night cream: for enhancing the skin's elasticity and tone: applied alone, Vit H gives the skin unparalleled comfort and elasticity. 2) Nourishing cream: applied before one of the Vita-A Kombi creams, Vit. H provides the skin with all its nourishing and beneficial elements. 3)Cream for protection and comfort: applied after oneof the VK's, Vit H protects the skin against variations in temperature (ideal in winter) and helps give dry skin greater comfort during the first applications of VK."

I picked it up initially as aprt of my recommended regimen Have not used it all summer, but pulled it out last week with the drier air. While I avoid my nose area I have put it on top of my VK1 and my skin is no longer drying, nor am I getting any breakouts- which was my concern. After reading this little blurb, I am tempted to try it under the VK this week and see what I think. I do love the smell!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |