Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the KH Prof Cleansing Gel from EDS with my gift voucher. Does anyone have the same problem like I did? I found it very hard to spread it, and it left film on my face. I did not feel clean. I thought it was supposed to leave your skin feeling very clean.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:23 am      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
I bought the KH Prof Cleansing Gel from EDS with my gift voucher. Does anyone have the same problem like I did? I found it very hard to spread it, and it left film on my face. I did not feel clean. I thought it was supposed to leave your skin feeling very clean.

It does. But, you use a very small amount and take the time to massage it in. It makes a big difference. I massage it in for about 30 secs. I then use 2 damp pads and everything's off..the 3rd pad I use just in case stays white. When I don't massage, I need a lot more cotton pads and the result isn't the same.

I have no problems with it spreading (I'm used to the texture) but you might try adding a drop of water before emulsifying it. But, when I emulsify it between my fingers, I don't have any problems spreading it.
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I sat down in front of the mirror this morning and did a double take - my lips had color! It was almost like I had put on Benetint. This is not my imagination Surprised. I may try to post before/after pics soon (if I can find an appropriate before pic). And despite freezing temperatures and biting wind chills, still no chapped lips.

Hardly put on any foundation this morning and looking much better in that bathroom mirror at work.

Very quick results, easy to use, working for me... I'm hooked.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
oriana808 wrote:
I sat down in front of the mirror this morning and did a double take - my lips had color! It was almost like I had put on Benetint. This is not my imagination Surprised. I may try to post before/after pics soon (if I can find an appropriate before pic). And despite freezing temperatures and biting wind chills, still no chapped lips.

Hardly put on any foundation this morning and looking much better in that bathroom mirror at work.

Very quick results, easy to use, working for me... I'm hooked.

What did you use??
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
ruk1 wrote:

It does. But, you use a very small amount and take the time to massage it in. It makes a big difference. I massage it in for about 30 secs. I then use 2 damp pads and everything's off..the 3rd pad I use just in case stays white. When I don't massage, I need a lot more cotton pads and the result isn't the same.

I have no problems with it spreading (I'm used to the texture) but you might try adding a drop of water before emulsifying it. But, when I emulsify it between my fingers, I don't have any problems spreading it.

Thanks for the advice, Marina. I will try it again. I gave up after I tried it 3 times. I got frustrated.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I love the KH professional cleanser. My skin tends to be oily so I was skeptical about it. I take a small amount on the tips of wet fingers and emulsify - just like marina is saying and then start to massage it into my sking - over eye area too. I do a mini face massage - circular motions all over and then use a damp cloth to remove. They do suggest you use cotton pads (moistened) to remove... I think the ticket is getting the product massaged into the skin (and massage is good for the skin anyway - so hey - it's all a benefit).
Hope it will work for you.

And the eye cream... I love it. My other fav from KH.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:39 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I love the KH professional cleanser. My skin tends to be oily so I was skeptical about it. I take a small amount on the tips of wet fingers and emulsify - just like marina is saying and then start to massage it into my sking - over eye area too. I do a mini face massage - circular motions all over and then use a damp cloth to remove. They do suggest you use cotton pads (moistened) to remove... I think the ticket is getting the product massaged into the skin (and massage is good for the skin anyway - so hey - it's all a benefit).
Hope it will work for you.

And the eye cream... I love it. My other fav from KH.

Are you still using the eye cream? Does it help to lift?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
It's the only eye cream I've used for almost a year I'd say. I can't say I've noticed Lift. I've noticed smoothness, more clarity in the undereye area. It seems to cause the small lines to plump out or disappear - whichever. I did a month long or longer comparison with one other expensive eye cream and this won hands down. I also put it on my lips and it seems to plump there also.
I don't think it's designed as a lift. This would probably apply more to something you put on upper eyes to the eyebrow area.
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I am so easily swayed by a new product that comes along and is suppose to work miracles that I have to try it. So I stop using Karin Herzog to try these other creams and things and my face starts looking dull and lifeless. It happened again this week and on Monday I went back to KH. What a difference a day or two of KH does to my skin. The brightness is back and my skin just looks healthy. I LOVE this line.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Yes - I agree. I like to change things around but I continue with some staples of KH and then go back to my beloved VK2
Suk Han
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered the essential mask. Rita at Prolight suggested me to use oxygen mask before the LED. I read this thread that some of the members advised spread the cream on the face and do not massaging into the skin. Is this method should apply to the essential mask too.

Thank you.

Suk Han
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
It's the only eye cream I've used for almost a year I'd say. I can't say I've noticed Lift. I've noticed smoothness, more clarity in the undereye area. It seems to cause the small lines to plump out or disappear - whichever. I did a month long or longer comparison with one other expensive eye cream and this won hands down. I also put it on my lips and it seems to plump there also.
I don't think it's designed as a lift. This would probably apply more to something you put on upper eyes to the eyebrow area.

I think I NEED to try KH eye cream then. I need those small lines under the eyes to plum out and disappear! Thanks for the recommendation.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Suk Han wrote:
I just ordered the essential mask. Rita at Prolight suggested me to use oxygen mask before the LED. I read this thread that some of the members advised spread the cream on the face and do not massaging into the skin. Is this method should apply to the essential mask too.

Thank you.

Suk Han

Yes, it is best not to massage it into the skin but just spread it across your face then pat it in if necessary. The essential mask works especially well when you use the Vitamin H cream underneath.
Suk Han
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
jom:

Thank you!

This thread is looooooong. There are few samples come with my essential mask. I will try it with the VH under the mask. I can leave it on for whole day, Right! I read somewhere that it can be leave on as moisturizer. I might be wrong. It is too much to read and I may mix up with other thread.

Suk Han
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Suk Han wrote:
jom:

Thank you!

This thread is looooooong. There are few samples come with my essential mask. I will try it with the VH under the mask. I can leave it on for whole day, Right! I read somewhere that it can be leave on as moisturizer. I might be wrong. It is too much to read and I may mix up with other thread.

Suk Han

You can leave it on as long as you like. I've put it on before a cross country flight and had glowing skin after I rinsed it off. I've also left it on overnight.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I think I NEED to try KH eye cream then. I need those small lines under the eyes to plum out and disappear! Thanks for the recommendation.

Hi Ruk1 I use a lot of different things (product lines, etc) and have tried a ton of eye creams and I truly do like this one hands down the best. You need to use it for a few weeks to know it's doing something so nice. LIke Blues said "it sneaks up on you". And for me - with the experiment I did it really told the story. And it's not as expensive as some out there. Also lasts a long time - you don't need much at all!
Suk Han
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
jom:

How many times do you do the essential mask per week? Do you only put a pea size all over your face? I put at least 3 pea size all over my face. The different between the essential mask and the oxygen cream is essential oil in the essential mask. When I read the forum of doing oxygen facial, why they put on oxygen cream, then again essential mask?

Suk Han
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
I popped in to see what was happening in this thread and burst out laughing when I saw even more hearts. I'm so glad some of you who started early in the game are still having success. (waves to Sis, Cookie, Jom and Marina) It's been a year for me and I've not used anything else since. I'm just now running out of my H and eyecream. My Essential lasted me 11 months. The only other temptation for me is the Fanie Retinol. I have a friend here using it and she says it's her hands down favorite product. Suk, I use more of the essential mask than the other oxy products and I sleep in mine. I try to use it twice a week. I think I need to place an order pronto.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Suk Han wrote:
jom:

How many times do you do the essential mask per week? Do you only put a pea size all over your face? I put at least 3 pea size all over my face. The different between the essential mask and the oxygen cream is essential oil in the essential mask. When I read the forum of doing oxygen facial, why they put on oxygen cream, then again essential mask?

Suk Han

My use of the product varies, I don't use it every week. I use more than a pea size amount, as much as it takes to cover my whole face, 3 pea size sounds right. I'm not sure who puts the oxygen cream on first, then the mask, I don't remember reading that anyone did that but it isn't necessary. I think it's better to use the Vit. H under the mask for the moisturizing properties.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to the help of the kind people here, I recently bought a couple of Karin Herzog products to try the line. Whilst I haven't yet used the eye cream (I'm seriously considering waiting until I've ordered the Vitamin H cream to use in tandem with it), I have now applied the Essential Mask a couple of times and wanted to report back on it.

For information purposes and especially for anyone with similar skincare issues, I'm 42 and have dry skin with occasional (mainly hormonal blemishes).

I have been feeling rather under the weather recently, having had a nasty cold for a week, followed by 3 days of constant migraines, and my skin had visibly suffered because of this. It was looking somewhat lacklustre, a little flakey and I had developed (horror of horrors!) 8 spots. This does sometimes happen to me when I have colds or 'flu.

Anyway, I decided to give the Essential Mask a try to see if it might help to revive my skin.

I cleansed and exfoliated my face, then followed with a liberal application of the mask. It was left on my skin for the recommended 10 minutes, before being rinsed off with lukewarm water.

When I looked in the mirror, I was very disappointed. I didn't get the "wow factor" experienced by so many users of this mask, and I began to think I'd wasted my money - that this product just wasn't working for me.

Cut to 3 days later. I looked in the mirror and was amazed to see that the blemishes caused by the 8 spots (yes, I'd been very naughty and had picked at them, causing them to scab Embarassed ) were very noticeably diminished. Usually, it takes my very pale skin a much longer time to recover from such blemishes.

This morning (3 days after the first mask application), I decided to try the mask again. This time, I left it on for just over 20 minutes.

I think that leaving the mask on for a longer period produced a much more immediately noticeable effect. My skintone appeared to be clearer and brighter. Only 3 blemish marks now remain of the initial 8 spots - and these are fairly calm-looking and not horribly apparent.

So, I've gone from initial sceptism after the first application, to complete and utter convert!

Now that I've ascertained that Karin Herzog oxygen products are fine on my skin, and appear to have a beneficial effect, I shall definitely be buying more. And the Mask is likely to remain a staple in my anti-blemish arsenal.

Next up, I intend to buy the Vitamin H cream and an oxygen product (not fully decided which one) for my face. I may also splash out on the handcare products.

So thank you to everyone who gave me such helpful advice and recommendations. Very Happy

I'll report back with my findings as I try more products. I'm hoping I can return the help that others so kindly gave to me.
yauzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:38 am      Reply with quote
I really love Karin Herzog professional Cleansing Cream.This feels like butter, literally. It has a greasy, vaseline-y texture and it's definitely a unique cleansing experience. That said, I love how it works. It cleanses very well, I stick to the enclosed directions for application & usage techniques. I don't feel a trace of oiliness from the cleanser or my oily skin after using this, just a nice soft texture. I busted out the extractor cleansing the first time with this and I have to say that this cleanser is miraculous, it liquefies oil in the pores and prep your skin for extractions.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:34 am      Reply with quote
yauzit wrote:
I really love Karin Herzog professional Cleansing Cream.This feels like butter, literally. It has a greasy, vaseline-y texture and it's definitely a unique cleansing experience. That said, I love how it works. It cleanses very well, I stick to the enclosed directions for application & usage techniques. I don't feel a trace of oiliness from the cleanser or my oily skin after using this, just a nice soft texture. I busted out the extractor cleansing the first time with this and I have to say that this cleanser is miraculous, it liquefies oil in the pores and prep your skin for extractions.

Thanks for reminding me about the Professional Cleanser - have now added it to my list of next purchases!

Very helpful to know about the pore cleansing and extraction prep properties, too.
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:51 am      Reply with quote
If you can get both the vitamin H and a kombi you will love how they work great together. I started off with kombi 2 and felt it was a little too strong for me so I use the 1. At night I will put on the vitamin H and over it the kombi 1 and I wake up with beautiful, hydrated skin.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
If you can get both the vitamin H and a kombi you will love how they work great together. I started off with kombi 2 and felt it was a little too strong for me so I use the 1. At night I will put on the vitamin H and over it the kombi 1 and I wake up with beautiful, hydrated skin.

Thanks, cookie. I think I'll very likely do that. From my experience with the mask alone, I have a feeling that I'm going to like this brand.

Seriously, my blemishes are clearing up faster than I've ever known - and my face was a complete mess just a few days ago. I am really, really impressed.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it's me, the skincare ignoramus, asking yet more daft questions. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I seem to remember reading something about stopping actives 14 days before starting with Karin Herzog. Would I be right in thinking that this is because the oxygen effect would push the actives deeper into the skin?

At the moment, I use PSF DMAE serum and Relax-a-Line (although I may have to stop Relax-a-Line anyway because I'm worried about it potentially interfering with the Ageless system - have asked about that on another thread, though).

Does anyone currently use DMAE serum or Relax-a-Line in tandem with Karin Herzog products? Is it a bad idea to do so?

And if anyone does use these 2 additional products, at what point is it best to apply them whilst using KH?

Right, I'll slink away in embarrassment now and try not to ask anything stupid for the next few hours at least. Embarassed Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |