Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for share your reviews.I've got the Vita Kombi oil and I like it as well. I'm trying to avoid the glycolics at the moment so I'll pass on trying it for now.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Would someone tell me what Vit H is supposed to do for you? Is it fighting off fine lines and wrinkles?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Would someone tell me what Vit H is supposed to do for you? Is it fighting off fine lines and wrinkles?

The Vitamin H is a nourishing cream, meant to moisturize the skin. It is non-oily and makes your skin very soft. It will help plump up fine lines and wrinkles.
HeavenLeigh
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hey all I was wondering if the KH eyecream is good for reducing/minimizing the appearance of dark circles? Also, does it cause milia>

I have bad dark circles that I can't even cover up properly with concealer Sad When I do, it looks even more obvious, and fine lines are accentuated. Had these dark circles for ages due to sinusitis.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Bira wrote:

The Vitamin H is a nourishing cream, meant to moisturize the skin. It is non-oily and makes your skin very soft. It will help plump up fine lines and wrinkles.

Thank you. This sounds really good. Can it be a stand alone application or do you have to layer something on top? Is it used in lieu of moisturizer?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
jom wrote:
Bira wrote:

Thank you. This sounds really good. Can it be a stand alone application or do you have to layer something on top? Is it used in lieu of moisturizer?

Yes, you can use it in lieu of moisturizer and you can use it as a stand alone.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Bira wrote:
jom wrote:
Bira wrote:

Jom, thanks again. I was thinking of trying VK2 from KH, but now I'm interested in Vit H. Do you think Vit H is better than VK2? I also want to try the eye cream (even though I like my revitalift right now...grrr). I don't think I can try them all since no dinero, but which KH products should a beginner try?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
jom wrote:
Bira wrote:
jom wrote:
Bira wrote:

Jom, thanks again. I was thinking of trying VK2 from KH, but now I'm interested in Vit H. Do you think Vit H is better than VK2? I also want to try the eye cream (even though I like my revitalift right now...grrr). I don't think I can try them all since no dinero, but which KH products should a beginner try?

It depends on what you're looking for. If you want to make use of the oxygen technology you should go with the VK2. I never got into the VK creams too much myself and used to use the Vit H as a moisturizer, I love the Vit H. I only used the VK creams as samples and decided it wasn't my cup of tea. I do like the essential mask and purchase that but I only like it when I use the Vit H underneath. I got a generous sample of the eye cream and used it for a while and it is quite nice. To me the KH musts are the mask and the Vit H.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Jom, is there a sample of Vit H I can purchase? And where did you get a sample of the eye cream? I'd like to try a sample first before I spend $50 on the stuff. I tried the Sisley eye and lip contour balm sample the other day and by the end of the day my lower eyelids were crepey! I was glad I did not buy full size.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Jom, is there a sample of Vit H I can purchase? And where did you get a sample of the eye cream? I'd like to try a sample first before I spend $50 on the stuff. I tried the Sisley eye and lip contour balm sample the other day and by the end of the day my lower eyelids were crepey! I was glad I did not buy full size.

I got my samples from Joella Milan when I purchased some other items. I believe EDS has samples maybe you can buy one item, like the professional cleanser-you can't go wrong with that-and ask for samples. The other thing you can do is purchase from a place that takes returns in case you don't like the products. skincarerx.com takes returns and you can get 20% off by using the code MUA20. Also, you may be able to find some samples to purchase on ebay. HTH!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Bira wrote:

I got my samples from Joella Milan when I purchased some other items. I believe EDS has samples maybe you can buy one item, like the professional cleanser-you can't go wrong with that-and ask for samples. The other thing you can do is purchase from a place that takes returns in case you don't like the products. skincarerx.com takes returns and you can get 20% off by using the code MUA20. Also, you may be able to find some samples to purchase on ebay. HTH!

All are very good suggestions. Thanks Jom.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe JoElla would let you purchase several different types of samples. I love this line and I've used several. The professional cleanser is superb. I am almost ready to order another VK2 - I keep coming back to it -nothing gives me the glow like that in a repeated way. JoElla has several other nice lines also.
Hi Jom - Thanks for the skincareRX code BTW!!!!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Maybe JoElla would let you purchase several different types of samples. I love this line and I've used several. The professional cleanser is superb. I am almost ready to order another VK2 - I keep coming back to it -nothing gives me the glow like that in a repeated way. JoElla has several other nice lines also.
Hi Jom - Thanks for the skincareRX code BTW!!!!

Good idea. I'll ask JoElla if she has samples for sale. Can you tell me if you started off with VK1 and move up to VK2?

Oh yeah, Jom, thanks for the code, too.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
General question - is Oxygen product only good for acne skin?
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Can some kind souls please describe the texture of the oxygen eye cream please?

I just got around to opening mine (received in march) and the texture is much harder than I expected. It's very different from OFC, VK1, VK2 and even silhouette.

Upon opening, the cream is not filled to the brim. However, the sides of the container has some cream to stuck to it. I can turn the tub underside and the cream doesn't even budge. Is this how it's suppose to be?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I take back what I said too. On 2 separate orders, I had to email her to inquire about the status of my order. It took her quite some time to mail out the items.

My second rant maybe similar to yours. I JUST opened the eye cream I received in March. It has some cream stuck on the side of the wall but the majority of the cream is levelled with top of the black label.

I opened the VK2 and I have a nice big "hole" in the middle. Once again, I have some cream stuck to the sides of the tub. The majority of the cream is about 1cm from the opening of the tub. The texture is also firmer/dryer than the previous one I had.

I won't be sending them back as I live in Asia. However, please check your products upon receipt.

brenpatsa wrote:
snowstar wrote:
Thanks to everyone here who recommended JoElla.She's wonderful to work with and was extremely patient.

MAJOR RANT AHEAD!

I could not disagree more about JoElla. I have kept my mouth shut but my frustration level with her has reached an all-time high.

I have found my orders to take a disproportionately long time to reach me; I do a ton of online shopping from large chains down to the smallest of single owner stores that sell homemade products. JoElla seems to move at a snail's pace and, if after a period of time waiting, I inquire as to my package's whereabouts, she rambles on about how busy she is, etc. If that happened once or twice, well, then okay. But, it has happened over and over again and I find that unacceptable. I have finally opted to purchase all of my KH stuff from skincarerx.dot.com and can usually get a 20% code from them and free shipping that results in my products being on my doorstep in 2-3 days.

The final straw is this...several weeks ago, I mentioned on here about how my eye cream (purchased from her) evaporated in a very short period of time. I had nearly a full product, then put it away (dark cabinet, tightly closed jar) for about 2 months. When I took it out again, nearly 3/4th of what had been there was now gone. You all suggested that I contact JoElla and I did. After having to prompt for a response from her once or twice, she said that she would replace it (yea, Joella) and that she wanted me to send it to her. Okay, so now I have to pay nearly ten bucks to send it back to her but that's okay...she said she would be sure to let me know when she received it. So, I wait, and wait, and wait some more. I checked in to see if she received it and she responded that she did but she hadn't had time to look at it. At that point, she had it for over a week but she could not spare 5 minutes because...you guessed it... she is so busy. Rolling Eyes She said she would look at it that night. That was 13 days ago. I emailed again and got no response from her whatsoever. Then I emailed again this weekend and said that I was frustrated and I just didn't know what I should do to get her to respond. The response I then got from her was uh...odd, to say the least: "I will take care of it tomorrow. I did not feel well this week at all. I worked, but had to lay down alot. I felt like I was dying. I feel great now. I take so many vitamins so I luckily snap back quickly."
(really, I am not a monster; like I said, she'd had it for weeks so her current excuse came across as lame and nothing but contradictory.)

Guess what? She STILL didn't look at it even after writing that she would. So, I wrote AGAIN today asking for an update. Mind you, at this point, we are about 5 days short of a month since I mailed it to her. Now, tonight, after all of this frustration and headache on my part, she emails me, asking "what was the problem with the eye cream again?" Aaaaah!!!! All of our prior emails were tagged onto the very email she sent me; all she had to do was scroll down. I can't take it any more!! Mad Mad

I am sorry; I am sure she is a very nice person but I honestly don't think that she is all there and frankly, she has way... too much competition to treat customers this way.

If you are still reading my rant, well, you have my thanks!! I feel better now. Laughing Laughing Honestly, all this stress just can't be good for my skin! Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2009 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I've been reading the thread and very much amazed with what KH can do for our face. I'm trying to venture into KH product but kind of hesitating.
My friend mentioned KH product contained mineral oil which is not advisable to use. May anyone in this forum can me to rest my worries to move to KH products?

Regards,
Steph
Annonymous
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2009 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking about trying the eye cream if my Dr. Hauschka eye cream doesn't live up to my expectations. Is KH all natural or organic?
Ang3LiCD3viLZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I have not tried KH nor DR. Hauschka eye cream before. Therefore, not able to provide much information. However, my sister tried on Exuviance eye cream and the effects quite to her liking. She is suffering from eye bags and dark eye circle problem due to her shift work. Exuviance eye cream applications seems to help her to lighten up dark eye circle and reduce puffiness.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 05, 2009 6:41 am      Reply with quote
The texture of the KH eye cream is very light and fluffy. It sinks easily into the eye area.
The ingredients of the eye cream are: Aqua; Paraffinum liquidum; Glycerin; Cetyl alcohol; Polysorbate 20; Sesamum Indicum; Tocopheryl acetate; Hydrogen Peroxide; Rosa Centofolia; Retinol; Perfume; Hypericum perforatum; Chamomilla recutita; Vitamin D3.

Most of the KH products contain Paraffinum liquidum and Glycerin.
Ang3LiCD3viLZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 05, 2009 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi leeleedeedee,
Would like to know content Paraffinum liquidum and Glycerin which you mentioned is mineral oil?

As per my earlier post, I'm advice to avoid mineral oil content skin care product. Due to mineral may have clogging problem.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ang3LiCD3viLZ....Welcome to our forum....yes, I do believe that Parrafinum Liquidum is mineral oil. As much as many of us do not want mineral oil in our skin care products I must say that KH products have cleared up my skin to such a degree that it actually "glows." So, go figure.

I dropped off the KH skin care to try ZO products. Eventually the ZO really messed up my skin perhaps because of the silicone in some of the products. Anyways, I went back to KH and it cleared up everything within a very short period of time. Again, go figure!!
Ang3LiCD3viLZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 8:06 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Hi Ang3LiCD3viLZ....Welcome to our forum....yes, I do believe that Parrafinum Liquidum is mineral oil. As much as many of us do not want mineral oil in our skin care products I must say that KH products have cleared up my skin to such a degree that it actually "glows." So, go figure.

I dropped off the KH skin care to try ZO products. Eventually the ZO really messed up my skin perhaps because of the silicone in some of the products. Anyways, I went back to KH and it cleared up everything within a very short period of time. Again, go figure!!

Hi leeleedeedee,
Thank you for clarifying my doubt and I'm ready to give it a go and try out KH products. It's really gd to know KH do wonders on ur face. Looking forward to include KH products in my daily regime. Will update you all again my first hand experience with KH products.
By the way, may I know what do you normally apply for ur daily regime?
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Hello Ang3LiCD3viLZ....yes, please keep us posted on your progress with KH. I hope you get fantastic results.

This is my current KH regime: KH eye cream - Vit-A-Kombi Oil - Rose Face Cream alternating with the Choco2 - Chocolate Moisturizer - Essential Mask - Vitamin H (not used everyday) - Oxygen Face (which I dab onto occasional break outs.)
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Ang3LiCD3viLZ wrote:
Hi leeleedeedee,
Would like to know content Paraffinum liquidum and Glycerin which you mentioned is mineral oil?

As per my earlier post, I'm advice to avoid mineral oil content skin care product. Due to mineral may have clogging problem.

KH apparently uses pharmaceutical grade mineral oil. Here is something I found on the subject:

Quote:
Knowing the pore-clogging potential of the first two grades of mineral oil—not to mention the possible irritation and carcinogenicity quotients of the technical grade—many manufacturers still formulating with this oil are restricting their use of it only to the pharmaceutical grade known as mineral oil USP. This is a water-white oil, indicating that it is free of impurities as dictated by the United States pharmaceutical standard. It also is not likely to clog pores and, therefore, has received a zero-to-one rating in most comedogenicity tests. When used in cosmetic products, mineral oil USP can’t be listed with its USP identification. The only way to determine if the manufacturer has used this grade is to ask a brand representative.
Unfortunately, because mineral oil is an effective occlusive agent, even the USP grade has been found to magnify the pore-clogging potential of comedogenic ingredients by trapping them in pores. So, although mineral oil USP is not going to clog pores, caution should be used when it is included in leave-on products containing pore-clogging ingredients—at least when these products are applied to clog-prone skin.

http://www.skininc.com/skinscience/ingredients/6663987.html

I have, like others, experienced the bumps coming up - nothing major, but I have scaled back on the use of the oxygen-based face cream to once or twice a week. Still loving the Vit. H and eye cream and cleanser.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |