Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Hello Leigh.....I have already used about three jars of the KH eye cream. Although I can't really say that it actually "plumps" the eye area, I can say that when the eye cream is used over the Vit-A-Kombi oil the eye area is so superbly moisturized that (for me anyways) plumping doesn't become necessary anymore. Does that make sense??
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Agree. It has been the nicest eye cream for me in terms of smoothing and softening the area. I honestly believe if you want plumping you probably have to do filler in the tear trough. But I do recommend trying the eye cream. I did comparisons with other high end products and this won hands down for me anyway.

Third jar... Also works great on the lips.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Yes...it does work nicely on the lips. I use a little Vit-A-Kombi oil first on the lips and then a tiny amount of KH eye cream over that. It sinks in nicely and the lips are well moisturized.

I also place a little of the eye cream just above the lips if they feel particularly drying - like on a cold winter day. It gives a nice boost of extra moisture.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I likes it as well...but look out for lightened eyebrows!
Leigh
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
So I used the vita kombi 2 for the first time last night and awoke to more even, smaller-pored skin! After one use this is great! I'm hoping over time it will better control my acne and eliminate the dreaded bright red marks they leave in their wake.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Marina - Oh true. the lightened eyebrows - I haven't used VK2 in a while and I'm itching to get back. I spent 2009 using up product overload and am finally at a point where I can sock in a few products.
KH really worked for me - along with a few others I need to get back to.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use KH products (O2 in AM + VK2/vit H in PM). Try some other natural products recently and found no good, would like to switch back to KH, but I cannot find the VK2, is it discountinued?

Any comment, please!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Happycat wrote:
I used to use KH products (O2 in AM + VK2/vit H in PM). Try some other natural products recently and found no good, would like to switch back to KH, but I cannot find the VK2, is it discountinued?

Any comment, please!

Joella Milan has the VK2 on her web site http://www.karinherzog-jmilan.com/Vita-A-Kombi-2_p_146.html

According to Joella KH is coming out with some new products this year.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Hello Happycat.....perhaps EDS is out of stock?? I can't see why VK 2 would be discontinued as it is an integral product in the whole KH skin care line.

I would suggest going into the EDS homepage and using the "contact us" link to just ask them why you cannot see VK 2 in the product list. They will certainly give you the correct reason why it is not available.
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, I have done so and just got their reply. Yes, VK2 is out of stock and they are checking with the supplier to see if they can get an early shipment. As I am running short of VK2, I use the O2 instead in PM, it seems OK, do anyone know what is the difference between VK2 and O2, they both contain 2% oxygen.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
The Oxygen Face Cream is more for excessively oily/problematic skin and is mildly antibacterial.

The VK 2 can be used by all skin types. It also contains Vitamin E and Retinol which the Oxygen Face Cream does not have.
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Then, I wish EDS could have it back asap Rolling Eyes
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have viewed the KH producted list again, KH carries other Oxygen products like the VK + AHA or aprico. Looking for replacement at the moment, any comments?
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Perhaps you could try the Choco2? It has 1.15% oxygen - not the 2% that you're looking for, but it is a nice cream. I'm on my second tube of it!!
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
sigh, why there are always so many good stuff that i want to buy. my visa card is crying already....
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
There is a TON of great & helpful information here!

I am new to Karin Herzog's Skincare Line, as I just ordered my first product today.

I have chosen to start with the Vitamin A Kombi 2%. I am trying to fade some small lines around the eyes and even my skin texture. (Hopefully this will help)

Thanks for all the helpful information on this thread, as I have a long time to go before I will be at the end, but I will try to keep up!!!

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
jom wrote:
Thank you BluesHeart for the indepth coverage of the cleansing cream. I appreciate it! Smile What is the one KH product you would purchase if you could only choose one? I've been doing a little research and she has something called Additional Day Cream which can be used in addition to the other creams if they aren't hydrating enough. Both Spalook.com and Dermstore.com are now selling this line.

It would be either one of the Vita K formulations or the Oxygen cream, depending on your skin and what you want. I think the Vita K's are considered the star of the line. And my experience would probably concur.

Riley, I haven't tried the gentle milk. According the official sites, it's the one recommended for oilier people. Or those who prefer a more traditional cleanser.

Is the Vita K you are referring to the same as the Vit A Kombi? I have "skimmed" through this thread, but I am just now reading "all" of it....

Thanks in advance!

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hello MentorAmy05....yes, the product referred to is Vita-A-Kombi and there are two types in the KH line. Vita-A-Kombi with 1% oxygen and the other one at 2 % oxygen which is the one you purchased. I would just like to add that I would not recommend putting the Vita-A-Kombi around the eyes as the 2% oxygen would be far too strong for the delicate eye area. It would be best to use the KH eye cream instead. It has 0.5% oxygen so you can see that it is milder and more suited for the eyes. Just a small note; I have been using KH for over a year now and have used about three or four pots of this eye cream already as it is a fantastic product. I've given two jars to my sister who loves it too. Anyways, this is just my opinion. I hope I have helped you.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, so sorry, but I have another question.

Is Jojoba & hazelnut oil (I rotate them at night) okay to use over the VIT-A Kombi 2? Should it be used over or under the VIT-A Kombi (If it is okay to use)?

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Hello MentorAmy05....yes, the product referred to is Vita-A-Kombi and there are two types in the KH line. Vita-A-Kombi with 1% oxygen and the other one at 2 % oxygen which is the one you purchased. I would just like to add that I would not recommend putting the Vita-A-Kombi around the eyes as the 2% oxygen would be far too strong for the delicate eye area. It would be best to use the KH eye cream instead. It has 0.5% oxygen so you can see that it is milder and more suited for the eyes. Just a small note; I have been using KH for over a year now and have used about three or four pots of this eye cream already as it is a fantastic product. I've given two jars to my sister who loves it too. Anyways, this is just my opinion. I hope I have helped you.

Thanks so much for the response & info.

I am wanting to use it daily, so I am hoping that too much dryness does not occur! Do you know if the Jojoba & Hazelnut Oil would be okay, as mentioned above?

Thank you!

leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
It certainly wouldn't hurt to use them over the Vita-A-Kombi cream but there is a product in the KH line called Vita-A-Kombi oil that has jojoba esters as one of the ingredients and is designed to be used under the Vita-A-Kombi creams to allow for a slower absorption of the oxygen and to help those with more delicate skins. I think a little oil either under or over would be fine. If you have very sensitive skin I would put it under.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not a big eye cream person but this is head and shoulders above anything I've ever tried.

I would say it is okay to put jojoba over The VK 2 but not under.
I would allow the VK2 to settle into the skin for 20 minutes before putting the jojoba on. You might neutralize the benefits of the retinal if you put it on too soon and definitely if you put it underneath the VK.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Brighten up dull skin for that special evening: Start with Karin Herzog Mild Scrub to remove dead skin. Follow with their Oxygen Mask. For best results, leave the mask on the skin for 15 to 20 minutes and to increase penetration, cover with Saran Wrap. You'll glow in the dark.

http://www.skinterra.com/education/skintips.html

...treating yourself to an oxygen facial may be the best introduction to the product line. "It's a deceptively simple process," Spanek says,"that achieves great results." In fact, all the equipment Spanek really needs, she says, is the Herzog products and some Saran Wrap. "But I know my clients like the bells and whistles," she says. Which is why Visage oxygen facials are sheer pampered luxury, and come, with dim lightening, Bach and Vivaldi violin concertos playing softly in the background and the delicious steam machine. After a cleansing and a scrub with Herzog product, Spanek applies oxygen emulsion face cream and covers it with Saran Wrap. Then comes extraction, a neck and shoulder massage with Herzog Vitamin A oil, the application of Vitamin A oxygen mask, and a final application of the appropriate Vita-A-Kombi cream.

http://visagestudio.com/gentry.html

Smile

Can this be done with the Vita-A Kombi only? (Saran Wrap use)

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I'm not a big eye cream person but this is head and shoulders above anything I've ever tried.

I would say it is okay to put jojoba over The VK 2 but not under.
I would allow the VK2 to settle into the skin for 20 minutes before putting the jojoba on. You might neutralize the benefits of the retinal if you put it on too soon and definitely if you put it underneath the VK.

Sister Sweets, what does your saying of "I'm not a big eye cream person" refer to???? The VK2 is for entire face, correct??? (That is what I am reading, so I am not certain what you mean by the eye area)(?) (Sorry, I may be lost) Smile

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I'm going to do the home facial tonight minus the scrub since I don't have any. Maybe I'll try subbing the microfiber cloth tonight in place of the scrub. I'll remember to make holes for the nose and eyes though. Laughing

Do you personally use the Hazelnut Oil with the VVK2?

Also, instead of using the Jojoba or Hazelnut oil, would it be okay to use Olay Pro X,(or any other OTC Cream) on top of the VK2? (temporarily until I can afford the other KH Cream)

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |