Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nadjazz Smile

If you think the oxygen cream is the problem, than you may not want to try this one, but I really like the Camomile cream in the morning ... but it does have 1% oxygen.

If you wanted to skip the oxygen, I also like the Day Cream. It doesn't have oxygen and is moisturizing without being too much. I use it over the Camomile. If you wanted something a little extra, you could use the Additional Day, it is for dryer skin. While my skin is dry, because I'm using the Day Cream over the Camomile, it is more than enough.

Leelee got me onto the Chocolate cleansers and creams - I love them all Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Have anyone who has ROSACEA been able to use KH line Question

The KH Rosacea kit contains:

•Professional Cleansing Cream (50ml)
•Vita-A-Kombi Oil (14ml)
•Vita-A-Kombi 2 (55ml)
•Vitamin H Cream (55ml)
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Hello RussianSunshine, if I remember correctly,Time2Bme has rosacea. So, you may want to pm her. I'm certain she will be able to help you.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I have rosacea. My biggest problem is a permanent flush on the cheeks. My chin has the classic rosacea symptoms, with bumps and redness. I didn't purchase the rosacea kit, but I have tried the Pro CC, and it did not aggravate the rosacea, but I just didn't care for the way it felt.

I have not tried the Vita-A-Kombi oil.

Vita-A-Kombi1 seemed to smooth out the bumps, and I think I am seeming some improvement in redness, but it's only been two weeks, so too soon to tell.

I've only tried the Vita-A-Kombi2 once, and expected it to aggravate my skin, but it did not. I'm planning to start using it in my evening routine in place of VAK-1.

The Vitamin H cream does not aggravate my rosacea. At night, I've been PSF Bio-Copper Serum, VAK-1, topped with Vitamin H. In the morning, skin looks smoother and pores look tight. I find myself reaching for a lighter foundation, because there is less discoloration to hide, both hyperpigmentation and redness.

I hope that helps, RussianSunshine! I hope someone will post about long-term rosacea improvement from using KH.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I am so glad you posted Nadjazz. I've recently started using CPs in conjunction with KH and was wondering how it would work. I use SB's Super GHK Serum. I only use it at night and then I put the VAK2% on top - looks good so far. I haven't been brave enough to try the CP under oxygen on my face yet.

RussianSunshine: I didn't order the Rosacea kit by KH, because i don't have the breakouts commonly associated to Rosacea. I do have the flushing. KH has definitely not irritated my skin. My skin looks great. I've actually started incorporating other products (like CPs) with the KH. So far, everything has worked well and I haven't had any reactions. I have come to realize, however, that my skin isn't anywhere near as sensitive as many others on this forum.

One of the things I have changed the last couple of days is my use of Vit C serum. I had been using the PSF Vit C serum in the morning. I read a post where someone thought that the Vit C may be causing redness as the day progressed. I thought I'd take the Vit C out and see what happened. Because my redness is from flushing, rather than rough skin or breakouts, I don't know whether it is rosacea or more hormone based ... or both. Rolling Eyes While my skin feels great with the Vit C, it 'may' have been causing flushing - I have noticed some more of it lately.

I am on my 2nd week of using Revaleskin Intense Serum. It also seems to be helping reduce the redness. I am going to stop the Vit C completely and see what happens.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme - I think that might have been my post you're referring to, about the vit C causing flushing later in the day. I'm leaving it out of my routine for now, since I would like to try bumping up to VAK2.

I'm VERY interested in your results using Revaleskin in conjunction with KH! My derm gave me a full-size Revaleskin night cream, to see the effect on my rosacea. It was calming and soothing, gave my skin great texture and glow, but I did not see dramatic improvement in the redness, so I gave it to my sister. I am not patient when it comes to skincare! Anyhoo, with the additional coffeeberry in the Intense Serum, plus the KH oxygen push, I hope you see some impressive results!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Nadjazz: Thx for posting about the late day flushing. I think you had said that you noticed yourself flushing late afternoon - that is exactly what is happening to me. Initially I thought it was just hormone time for me, but when it was still happening after that time passed ... ??? I find this journey a little frustrating, but I was definitely flushing more than I had been.

What is a little tricky with these methods is that I hadn't noticed anything with the Vit C, so I thought it was great. I suspect, like with many more natural products, there is a cumulative effect. If that is the case with the Vit C, it certainly could be causing the flushing.

I really like the Revaleskin Intense Serum with the KH, but I'll hold off until I've used it for the month. I also ordered the Topix Relenix Power of 3 Serum. I am a little scattered brained today - remembering the info, but not who provided it ... so I apologize for not giving credit accordingly .... both items had been recommended for redness. This poster had told me that she had Rosacea, that it had started with redness and flushing. She said that she used the Revaleskin at night and the Topix Power of 3 in the morning. I like the idea of the serum so that I can still use the KH creams. I ordered the Topix, but haven't received it yet.

She said that, along with some diet changes and these products, she doesn't notice the redness at all anymore. When I use the Revaleskin, my skin calms immediately ... good sign for me, becuase that doesn't normally happen. I will say that I tried the Priori Coffee Berry and didn't notice the same effect. I wouldn't order the Priori again.

I use the Revaleskin and then an oxygen cream on top - normally the Camomile (it has 1% oxygen.

ETA ... Here is the link - It was Amonavis Smile
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6390800&highlight=revaleskin#6390800

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:

At night, I've been PSF Bio-Copper Serum, VAK-1, topped with Vitamin H.

Time2Bme wrote:

I am so glad you posted Nadjazz. I've recently started using CPs in conjunction with KH and was wondering how it would work. I use SB's Super GHK Serum. I only use it at night and then I put the VAK2% on top - looks good so far.

You shouldn't be using GHK-Cu peptides with hydrogen peroxide products. The GHK peptide is considered fragile and breaks down easily, so in effect you are wasting your copper product when you layer it with a Karin Herzog product which contains hydrogen peroxide (VAK-1 or VAK-2). Or so the theory says! Both of your products (PSF Bio-Copper Serum and SkinBiology's Super GHK Serum) are based on the GHK-Cu peptide.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:

You shouldn't be using GHK-Cu peptides with hydrogen peroxide products. The GHK peptide is considered fragile and breaks down easily, so in effect you are wasting your copper product when you layer it with a Karin Herzog product which contains hydrogen peroxide (VAK-1 or VAK-2). Or so the theory says! Both of your products (PSF Bio-Copper Serum and SkinBiology's Super GHK Serum) are based on the GHK-Cu peptide.

I think, I've heard about not using CPs and KH oxygen products as well, do not recollect the source... Lacy53, do you mind sharing the source? Smile
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:

I am going to stop the Vit C completely and see what happens.

Do you expect redness to disappear as you stop the Vit C? Do you plan to use Revaleskin Intense Serum instead of the Vit C or KH VAK2%, or both?

I do not want to give up my routine with Vit C in the morning and CPs at night, but I also want to have a benefit of using KH VAK2% Rolling Eyes
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:

Ah, man! I should have known. Sad
I'll have to find another way to work my copper peptide into my routine. Sheesh!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
I use KH VK2 and also CP's but my schedule for use of each is at different ends of the day or separate times. I tend to CP totally when I'm in the mode!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
CP's can be used with retin A successfully.

KH is for that awesome glow factor.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:13 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
CP's can be used with retin A successfully.

KH is for that awesome glow factor.

CPs can be used with Retin A, but not with products containing oxygen.
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:25 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Lacy53 wrote:

I think, I've heard about not using CPs and KH oxygen products as well, do not recollect the source... Lacy53, do you mind sharing the source? Smile

Sorry I have been posting on the fly this weekend and making errors in my posts. As far as references for my statement goes, you can look for articles online about peptide fragility; there are a few. Information specifically about GHK-Cu and hydrogen peroxide are discussed here:

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7270023352/m/3970061395?r=3310043395#3310043395

I usually check the SkinBiology forum for information on GHK-Cu; Dr. Pickart is a reliable source.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Agree. Check skinbiology.com Lots of great information and you can always join and ask the question on the forum. Dr. P will likely answer himself. Pretty cool.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Want to reiterate that I use KH: VK2 and just bought eye cream for the third time (great product). I do not use these with the CP's. I use them separately however you may be fine using together if you use second generation CP's.

CP's I always use at night and when I dermaroll and with LED light. I love CP's for anti-aging, tightening, skin regeneration.

Karin Herzog has been a favorite product line of mine for a few years - I have found it to be truly spectacular and I've ventured out and always come back. Something very special about this product and if I'm looking for glow - this is it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:38 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Want to reiterate that I use KH: VK2 and just bought eye cream for the third time (great product). I do not use these with the CP's. I use them separately however you may be fine using together if you use second generation CP's.

CP's I always use at night and when I dermaroll and with LED light. I love CP's for anti-aging, tightening, skin regeneration.

Karin Herzog has been a favorite product line of mine for a few years - I have found it to be truly spectacular and I've ventured out and always come back. Something very special about this product and if I'm looking for glow - this is it.

sister sweets, I am a bit confused now. You use CPs and KH VK2 separately, but when during the day do you use DIY C? Do you use Retin A as well ?
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Time2Bme wrote:

I am going to stop the Vit C completely and see what happens.

Do you expect redness to disappear as you stop the Vit C? Do you plan to use Revaleskin Intense Serum instead of the Vit C or KH VAK2%, or both?

I do not want to give up my routine with Vit C in the morning and CPs at night, but I also want to have a benefit of using KH VAK2% Rolling Eyes

Hi RS
So far, stopping the Vit C has stopped the late day redness. I also think that Revaleskin Intense Serum is making a difference. When I read about the 4:00 pm redness and the possibility of it being linked to the Vit C, I decided to try removing it and see what happened. When it first started happening, I assumed it was just hormones, but it kept happening - even after the days where hormones would have normally been an issue. I stopped using the Vit C in the morning and realized that the redness had stopped almost immediately. It was the only thing that was different.
I really like Revaleskin Intense Serum. I use it after DMAE and before an oxygen KH cream. AM I use the Camomile oxygen cream and at night I use either VAK 1% or Choco2 (1%oxygen as well). I do wait at least 10 mins before applying the KH cream. Even when I hit my hormone time, my face didn't look as red as it has been. I even had a couple of times when I could feel the heat. I expected my face to be beat red (that is what it would normally be), but when I looked in the mirror I was pleasantly surprised. My face wasn't anywhere near as red as it would normally be. It did look a little flushed, but nothing like it normally is.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
nadjazz wrote:

At night, I've been PSF Bio-Copper Serum, VAK-1, topped with Vitamin H.

Time2Bme wrote:

I am so glad you posted Nadjazz. I've recently started using CPs in conjunction with KH and was wondering how it would work. I use SB's Super GHK Serum. I only use it at night and then I put the VAK2% on top - looks good so far.

Thanks very much for posting this Lacy. When I use the CPs, I'll make sure I just layer a KH cream that doesn't have the oxygen (hydrogen peroxide) in it. The Additional Sweet and the Chcolate doesn't.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have started using the KH Cleansing Milk in the morning. I really like it. I don't think it is a product I will use all year, but it is wonderful for the cooler (drying) temps. My skin is definitely dryer since the temps have dropped. I like this cleanser in the morning. My skin still feels clean, but is more moisturized.

I've tried the Chocolate Cleanser and the Cleansing Milk. I love the Chocolate, but like to use it at night.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to post a quick note to those ones that haven't tried the Karin Herzog. I started using it back in April and have noticed a great change in my skin texture and tone. I purchased the Vita Kombi 2 in April and I am just now getting low on it. (But I am assuming I can pull another month from it) Smile So basically the bottle has lasted me 9 - 10 months....Only a little dotted-dabbed on the skin and then dabbed in after about 5 minutes....GREAT PRODUCT!!!!! I highly recommend it!

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I forgot to add that I have tried NUMEROUS products to help my small ice pick scars/holes.....and this product has definitely helped my problems......I tried the 302 for a while and it wasn't doing as promised, so I gave this a whirl and I am so ecstatic that I did.....I will NEVER stop using the KH Vita Kombi....Smile

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the Hand & Nail cream faithfully for over a week. It is definitely making a difference. My nails are still thin and splitting, but have improved. They are no longer yellow looking; and my hands are much softer. My cuticles are now in great shape. My nails are notoriously bad at this time of year .. hopefully they will continue to improve. It has a very mild scent and it soaks in as well as the KH face creams. Your skin is left soft, without being greasy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
I have rosacea. My biggest problem is a permanent flush on the cheeks. My chin has the classic rosacea symptoms, with bumps and redness. I didn't purchase the rosacea kit, but I have tried the Pro CC, and it did not aggravate the rosacea, but I just didn't care for the way it felt.

I have not tried the Vita-A-Kombi oil.

Vita-A-Kombi1 seemed to smooth out the bumps, and I think I am seeming some improvement in redness, but it's only been two weeks, so too soon to tell.

I've only tried the Vita-A-Kombi2 once, and expected it to aggravate my skin, but it did not. I'm planning to start using it in my evening routine in place of VAK-1.

The Vitamin H cream does not aggravate my rosacea. At night, I've been PSF Bio-Copper Serum, VAK-1, topped with Vitamin H. In the morning, skin looks smoother and pores look tight. I find myself reaching for a lighter foundation, because there is less discoloration to hide, both hyperpigmentation and redness.

I hope that helps, RussianSunshine! I hope someone will post about long-term rosacea improvement from using KH.

I want to give an update on the Professional Cleansing Cream. I know others love it, but I don't think it's a good choice for rosaceans. Although it does a nice job of cleansing, removing the cleanser from the skin, at least for me, causes too much friction. I know cotton balls seem gentle, but rubbing them over my skin in an attempt to wipe off the cleanser is just too much, no matter how gentle, even in the shower with warm water on my face.

I much prefer the 302 rosacea cleanser, and then a quick wipe with my microfiber. Now that I've run out of the 302 cleanser, I've come to the conclusion that my skin prefers milky, low-foaming cleansers. So now the KH cleansing milk is on my to-buy list!

Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |