Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
nadjazz wrote:
I have rosacea. My biggest problem is a permanent flush on the cheeks. My chin has the classic rosacea symptoms, with bumps and redness. I didn't purchase the rosacea kit, but I have tried the Pro CC, and it did not aggravate the rosacea, but I just didn't care for the way it felt.

The Vitamin H cream does not aggravate my rosacea. At night, I've been PSF Bio-Copper Serum, VAK-1, topped with Vitamin H. In the morning, skin looks smoother and pores look tight. I find myself reaching for a lighter foundation, because there is less discoloration to hide, both hyperpigmentation and redness.

I hope that helps, RussianSunshine! I hope someone will post about long-term rosacea improvement from using KH.

I want to give an update on the Professional Cleansing Cream. I know others love it, but I don't think it's a good choice for rosaceans. Although it does a nice job of cleansing, removing the cleanser from the skin, at least for me, causes too much friction. I know cotton balls seem gentle, but rubbing them over my skin in an attempt to wipe off the cleanser is just too much, no matter how gentle, even in the shower with warm water on my face.

I much prefer the 302 rosacea cleanser, and then a quick wipe with my microfiber. Now that I've run out of the 302 cleanser, I've come to the conclusion that my skin prefers milky, low-foaming cleansers. So now the KH cleansing milk is on my to-buy list!

Hi Nadjazz
I haven't used the Professional Cleanser, but use the Chocolate Cleanser almost every night. I think they are the same consistency. The way I remove it is I use warm water to rinse my face and then hotter water (not scalding, but definitely hotter than warm) in a wash cloth. I rinse it the same way I would have done when I used the OCM to cleanse. I put the wash cloth on my face, left it for a second and then gently rubbed it off. I did the same thing a couple of times and it came off really cleanly. By leaving the wash cloth sit on my face for a few seconds, it removes most of the cleanser. When I 'rub' it off, there is little to no pressure on the wash cloth. My skin looks nice - not like it has been scratched. there is no way I would ever use cotton balls on my face; it would definitely scratch my skin as well. You might want to try that before you give up on it. I do like the Cleansing Milk, but my skin feels awesome after using the Chocolate Cleanser at night.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've used KH for a few months now and am ready to give a proper review! Very Happy

Profile: Early 30s / sensitive, acne and congestion prone asian skin

Professional cleanser:
Used p.m. after oil cleansing remover. 1.5cm every time on dry skin.
Vaseline like texture. Superb cleansing without any tightness in feel and texture of skin. Important part of routine to help in congestion and blackheads.

Oxygen Face Cream:
a.m. or p.m. during oilier days.
Product slightly drying on cheeks during normal days. Oilier tzones or days with more breakouts greatly benefits from this.
When it feels slightly drying, Vit H used on top and helps!!!
When used thicker as a face mask, greatly aids in extractions of blackheads. For zits coming to a head, OFC helps to bring zit to surface. Doesn't really help in drying it up though.

VK2
a.m or p.m
Helps to keep skin in normal mode. Keeps skin congestion free. Reduces blackheads with daily use. Normalizes skin so no need for additional moisturizer. Superb maintenance product.

Choc2
a.m or p.m
Does same for me as VK2 except that its more moisturizing. Mine has a funny smell which makes me much prefer VK2 instead. During oily days, used in p.m. results in oily tzone in morning.

Vit H
a.m or p.m
Used only during drier days. Seems like my skin don't really need it? Helps alot when I have dry patches. Heals them over night.
Love the bright color and smooth texture. Sinks in quick and easy too.

Essential mask
p.m.
Used only once and resulted in super active oil glands after which. Confused With so much good reviews on this, I'm not too sure what may be going wrong. For sure leaves the skin soft and supple.

Day protection
a.m.
Helps skin stay matte. Not sure what difference this has with other mattifiers? It sure feels similar though. Very little is required. Else drys the skin up big time (from experience)
Doesn't clogs pores.

Silhouette
Still hate the tingling feeling. Used on thighs. Amazing lifting properties. Leaves thighs lifted and cellulite very smoothed out. LIKE LIKE LIKE!!!

Hope above helps!
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for sharing I decide to buy the mask from the EDS.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
Hi Nadjazz
I haven't used the Professional Cleanser, but use the Chocolate Cleanser almost every night. I think they are the same consistency. The way I remove it is I use warm water to rinse my face and then hotter water (not scalding, but definitely hotter than warm) in a wash cloth. I rinse it the same way I would have done when I used the OCM to cleanse. I put the wash cloth on my face, left it for a second and then gently rubbed it off. I did the same thing a couple of times and it came off really cleanly. By leaving the wash cloth sit on my face for a few seconds, it removes most of the cleanser. When I 'rub' it off, there is little to no pressure on the wash cloth. My skin looks nice - not like it has been scratched. there is no way I would ever use cotton balls on my face; it would definitely scratch my skin as well. You might want to try that before you give up on it. I do like the Cleansing Milk, but my skin feels awesome after using the Chocolate Cleanser at night.

Hi, Time2BMe - I've tried your method as well, but between the warmer water temp and the rubbing of the (very soft) washcloth, my face turns red. I will continue experimenting with different ways of removing it, but I doubt that I will ever be a fan of the cleansing cream.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
Hi, Time2BMe - I've tried your method as well, but between the warmer water temp and the rubbing of the (very soft) washcloth, my face turns red. I will continue experimenting with different ways of removing it, but I doubt that I will ever be a fan of the cleansing cream.

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work for you. Maybe you don't need to rub at all. If you let the cloth sit on your face and then just remove it, it may be good enough ?? I like to do it with fairly hot water. It feels like a facial for me. I find it melts off the Choc Cleanser and leaves my skin feeling soft and clean.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I think I've actually found a KH product that I'm not that fond of ... and surprisingly, it is the Vit H cream that so many people love. I don't mind the cream itself and the results are fine; I just can't get past the smell of it. It reminds me of the smell of B vitamins. It lingers on me and I can't stand the smell.

Oxygen Body Cream:
I tried this cream after seeing the help the 3% oxygen (VAK 3%) gave my daughter's funky toe. It works really well. I've continued using this cream on her foot; the fungus appears to be completely gone. I'm saving my VAK 3% as a spot treatment for zits.

I started using the oxygen body cream on my stretch marks on my abdomen. thanks to my pregnancy, my abdomen has lots of stretch marks and alot of purple pigmentation. It is fading the purple. I'm tempted to try the cellulite cream, but figured until I can lose some more weight it is probably a waste of money !!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I am in love with this cream. I have become obsessive about hand cream this winter. I am determined that this will be the winter that my hands don't end up cracked, dry and sore. My two favourite hand creams are Jurlique Lavender and KH's Hand & Nail Cream.

The KH cream has a very mild scent and, like all the KH products, soaks into the skin really well without leaving your hands feeling greasy. I carry it in my purse with me and use it throughout the day. I like Jurlique for bedtime or when I'm not going to be working with my hands. It isnt' too greasy, but it doesn't soak in as well as the KH cream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme, how is the KH body cream? Is it helping you with the stretch marks?

Also, do you use Retin A with your KH routine? I wonder, if one with a sensitive skin will have to give up Retin A while using KH products?
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:10 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Time2Bme, how is the KH body cream? Is it helping you with the stretch marks?

Also, do you use Retin A with your KH routine? I wonder, if one with a sensitive skin will have to give up Retin A while using KH products?

Hi RS Smile

My stretch marks are still there, but the purple colour that went with them is fading. They stretch marks aren't anywhere near as noticeable. I had some really obvious & nasty ones from my pregnancy, so I don't expect miracles ... but it is DEFINITELY helping !

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely LOVE the KH hand & nail cream. I keep it in my purse and apply it frequently throughout the day. It soaks in really well and my hands don't feel greasy.

My nails have improved since I started going for Gelish manicures (gel that acts like a polish), so I can't speak to whether my nails are any better because of the KH cream. BUT my cuticles are definitely better. The Gelish treatment does dry out the nail and cuticle, so a good moisturizer is critical.

I have recently ordered my 3rd tube of it. I also really like the scent - sweet, but very mild and clean smelling.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I can't believe I'm saying this but ... my skin has improved SO much since using KH that I'm actually finding most of the KH products too much for my AM routine. While my skin still looks good, it feels like I've got product on it. I am putting it on really thin now and it appears to be a bit better, but I may keep them to my PM routine or just use them in the AM when I feel the need.

I have NEVER experienced that, particularly at this time of year. Once the heat of the summer arrives, my skin feels like that. I usually have to change the products I'm using because my skin will feel like it has too much on it. For me to get this feeling now, is unreal. I had been using the Camomile AM. I've started using the VAK 1% or 2% in the AM and it seems to be better, but still too much at times. I still use the VAK on my neck and chest (if I didn't use CPs) otherwise, I'll keep it for my nighttime routine.

I should point out that when I first started with KH, I had to use the oxygen cream (either Camomile/AM or VAK/PM and another cream over top of it. I used the Day Cream (am) and the Additional Sweet of the Chocolate (PM).

This really is a fantastic line.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I have recently introduced KH Chocolate Cleansing and VAK 1% into my routine, and I'm afraid that my broken caps became a bit worse because of one or both of them. Sad

I cannot think of anything else that can cause this.

Here is my current routine:

AM
Valmont Cleanser
Finacea cream
Valmont Dermo Soothing cream
Devita Sunscreen

PM

KH Chocolate cleansing
Either VAK 1%, CPs or Retin A 0.025% gel
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry it isn't working for you RS. If that is the only thing you've changed, I suspect it would be it as well.

In the most recent newsletter from KH, they had a link to the site telling people to make sure that they were using the products correctly. I found out that I wasn't. They recommend using the VAK creams in the AM and any specialty ones containing the vitamins in the PM. I had been doing it the opposite way. I've switched it and am getting better results. I alternate between VAK 1% and the 2%. With the bitter cold weather we've been getting, I needed to go back to the VAK 1%. Prior to the cold snap, the VAK 2% was working better for me.

For any who haven't seen it, here is the link to the How to Use it page:
http://www.karinherzog.co.uk/Articles/What-Oxygen-Products-Should-I-Use.htm

I'll have to try using the Choco2 in the AM as well ... I'll be curious to see if it helps on those dreaded hormone active times of the month.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme, the instructions in my booklet say:"Recommended use of "Vita-A-Kombi 1" Morning and/or night."

As for my issues with broken caps, I will remove the Chocolate Cleansing with another cleanser ( Cetaphil) instead of rubbing my skin with cotton wool.

Time2Bme wrote:
I'm sorry it isn't working for you RS. If that is the only thing you've changed, I suspect it would be it as well.

In the most recent newsletter from KH, they had a link to the site telling people to make sure that they were using the products correctly. I found out that I wasn't. They recommend using the VAK creams in the AM and any specialty ones containing the vitamins in the PM. I had been doing it the opposite way. I've switched it and am getting better results. I alternate between VAK 1% and the 2%. With the bitter cold weather we've been getting, I needed to go back to the VAK 1%. Prior to the cold snap, the VAK 2% was working better for me.

For any who haven't seen it, here is the link to the How to Use it page:
http://www.karinherzog.co.uk/Articles/What-Oxygen-Products-Should-I-Use.htm

I'll have to try using the Choco2 in the AM as well ... I'll be curious to see if it helps on those dreaded hormone active times of the month.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:04 am      Reply with quote
My update: after I strated washing the Chocolate cleansing with Cetaphil, my skin feels a bit better. I don't think that Chocolate cleansing is a good product for sensitive skin mainly because of the way it has to be removed.

The VAK 2% is a truly miraculous product. I've used it only 3 times, but my skin is glowing like a flower! Again, I will have to give up my Retin A while using VAK 2% because of my sensitivity and redness issues.

Time2Bme, have you tried the new Erase and Raise product?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I just noticed that EDS has this new KH product - Eyelift

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/karin-herzog-the-eye-lift-p_13161.htm

Has anyone tried this yet. I'm really curious and wondering about ingredients.
havana8

Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
I just noticed that EDS has this new KH product - Eyelift

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/karin-herzog-the-eye-lift-p_13161.htm

Has anyone tried this yet. I'm really curious and wondering about ingredients.

I couldn't find an ingredient listing for this either but am curious too. Smile
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:41 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

The VAK 2% is a truly miraculous product. I've used it only 3 times, but my skin is glowing like a flower! Again, I will have to give up my Retin A while using VAK 2% because of my sensitivity and redness issues.

Time2Bme, have you tried the new Erase and Raise product?

This is the 3rd time I've typed this post ... I'm hoping it doesn't show up 3 times. Rolling Eyes

I also love the VAK 2% cream. I had been using it every morning until it got really cold. Once the weather became bitterly cold, I switched back to VAK 1% with Day Protection over it. This is the first time I've made it through a winter cold snap without having flaking on my face !!!

VAK 2% will be my go-to cream for the warmer weather. I also realized that I hadn't been using the products the way they were recommended. The KH site recommends using VAK in the am and any of the specialty creams at night to help with the detox. I had been using Camomile in the morning and was finding it too much as I got used to the KH products. I have switched it to a night time cream that I alternate with the Choco2 and really like it.

I haven't received the new ER product, but it on its way. I'll post once I've tried it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme, what are your the most favourite KH products so far?

Time2Bme wrote:

This is the 3rd time I've typed this post ... I'm hoping it doesn't show up 3 times. Rolling Eyes

I also love the VAK 2% cream. I had been using it every morning until it got really cold. Once the weather became bitterly cold, I switched back to VAK 1% with Day Protection over it. This is the first time I've made it through a winter cold snap without having flaking on my face !!!

VAK 2% will be my go-to cream for the warmer weather. I also realized that I hadn't been using the products the way they were recommended. The KH site recommends using VAK in the am and any of the specialty creams at night to help with the detox. I had been using Camomile in the morning and was finding it too much as I got used to the KH products. I have switched it to a night time cream that I alternate with the Choco2 and really like it.

I haven't received the new ER product, but it on its way. I'll post once I've tried it.
Suk Han
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I received notice of 50% off by email fromwww.karinherzogus.com back in 2009 quite often. But I have not received any email for a while. Is thewww.karinherzogus.com no longer exist?

Thank you.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Time2Bme, what are your the most favourite KH products so far?

Hi RS

I have tried almost all of the products and the only one I found that I definitely won't re-order is the Vit H cream. As far as my favourites go:

1. VAK 1% cream & VAK 2% cream: Right now I'm using the 1% every morning, but once the weather warms up and my skin isn't as dry as it is right now, I'll switch back to the 2%.

2. Chocolate Cleanser: I don't know whether I'll use this in the summer months, but right now I love this. I massage it into my skin and then use a very soft (either bamboo or microfibre) wash cloth soaked in hot water to remove it. I place the cloth on my face and hold it there for a few seconds and then gently drag it down my face. It completely removes the cleanser and I'm left with soft clean skin.

3. Hand & Nail Cream. I am on my 3rd tube of this stuff - can't say enough about it !!

4. Oxygen 3% body cream. This stuff isn't something that you will go through quickly, but it is a great product to have on hand. It has faded the purple lines in my stretch marks and has faded the darker pigmentation I had on my waste. I had had shingles a year ago and was left with a purple-looking splotch. The Oxygen cream is fading this. It has also made a big difference in my toe nails. The nails are nice and white now - they had been stained from nail polish. My nails are also the healthiest they have been.

5. Camomile Cream. I use this at night.

6. VAK & Apricot cream. I also use this at night and really like it. I find it the richest of the night time creams.

7. Choco2. I've used this during the AM and PM, but prefer it at night. Because it is recommended for menopausal (pre and post) women, I use it when my hormones are flaring up - mid month or just before my period starts. I use the Chocolate cream over it at this time of year, because my skin is so dry. I don't think I'd need the Chocolate over top once the weather is milder.

8. AHA Cream. I use this over a VAK cream at night. I use it a couple of times a week.

9. Day Protection: I should have put this higher on my list, because I really like it. I used it daily when I first started using KH products. Once my skin became accustomed to them I didn't find I needed it anymore. When it got really cold, my skin started to get really dry. I started using it again over the VAK 1% in the morning. It is really nice. It dries matt, not greasy feeling. When my skin isn't as dry, it is too much for my skin. I doubt I will use this cream in the spring to fall months, but it is a great product for winter.

10. Eye Cream - soaks in great and you don't need much. Just make sure you avoid your eye lashes and eye brows, because it'll turn them blonde !

I've also tried the Cleansing Milk and the Additional Sweet Cream. The Cleansing Milk is a good alternative cleanser when I don't feel like using the Chocolate Cleanser; it is faster and my skin is left feeling soft ... but of the two the Chocolate Cleanser is a lot nicer IMO. The Additional Sweet Cream was a great addition when I first started with the line, but I probably won't reorder. It didn't take my skin long to adjust to the KH products and once I did, I found the Additional Sweet too much. When I do need something extra over the one of the oxygen creams I use at night (Choco2, Camomile or VAK & Apricot), I prefer the Chocolate Cream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme, why did you not like the Vit H cream?

This is one of the products recommended for rosacea/sensitive skin?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
This thread used to be so alive!! Where is everyone now ?? Very Happy
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
If your washcloth is too harsh-maybe get a bamboo washcloth or else something soft and velvety like a peice of cotton fabric or t-shirt material to wash your face with.
twitspie

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies,
I have just spent the last 2 days reading this thread Smile
I am thirty years old and just had a baby 2 months ago...I had extremely congested skin and came across KH. In the last week I have been using VK2 and VK3 and my congestion has defoimproved but my skin is a bit dry on my cheeks. I am going to order the glyco rose serum and the eye cream.
Can anyone recommend me products for sun damage to the neck as well as necklace lines on the neck?
Thanks!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |