Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I still really like the KH products, but I'm having to play around with them a bit more. The Facial Scrub was too rough on my skin, so I've gone back to BHA 2% and a gentle exfoliator by Nadarra. I alternate between the two. When I use the BHA 2%, I rinse it off and don't use an oxygen cream on those nights.

My skin has also hit an adjustment phase. I think it is the changing temps. It goes from being sunny and mild (spring is here weather) to damp and snowing (bleck). My skin goes from feeling great to feeling like I've overdone it on the moisturizer.

I don't know what I'm going to do in the summer. Has anyone had to really change their KH routine in the warmer months? I ordered some of the regular Oxygen cream and use it on the odd day; I had been using the VAK 2%.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Taligator, sounds wonderfull!
I finally got my products and so far so good, except maybe i expect too much too fast...VAK-2 feels good, a bit heavy for me, but i think i put too much. Will try to put less tomorrow. My acne is not clearing up, bit i think it will take time, so will see. I might bite the bullet and order AHA as well. Love the eye cream. Will keep you posted.
feya
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I feel like VAK-2 gives enough moisture for my skin, maybe even too much. But i think i used too much, so i will reduce the sixe and will see. Also, would you say Camomile one is heavier or lighter then VAK-2 and the Oxy one as well?

Time2Bme wrote:
feya wrote:
Taligator, I am more on the dry side now during the winter. And more on the oily side in the summer...GO figure...I was thinking of asking for VK1 samples and starting from those. Have you used this line? Any feedback?

Hi Feya
When it got really cold, I had to go back to the VAK 1% and add the Day Protection on top of it. It completely prevented the flakiness I can get on my cheeks. As soon as it gets wawrmer, I switch back to VAK 2% and only use the Day Protection if I feel my skin needs a little extra moisture. I still really like the KH line.

I also like the Camomile cream. I use it at night; I alternate between it and the Choco2. If I don't want to use an oxygen cream, I use the Chocolate cream. I hope you enjoy your new products, let us know what you think Smile
feya
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so i used much less of VAK2 todays and it feels better. My only concern is i still feel like it is a bit too heavy for me. It is not even a feeling, it's more like i can see the "shine" on my fingers after i touch my face. DYKWIM? Is it supposed to be like this?
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hm, my face feels sorta sticky which makes it seem heavy on my skin but it's also drying to me so ... not sure how to explain that contradiction!

I really cut down the amount I was using and began using a fan shaped brush to apply it. I think that helped to give it the light dusting on my skin instead of pushing it in.
feya
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:17 am      Reply with quote
Taligator, I know exactly what you mean. Smile
Right now I am using the back of the spatula to apply it, so do you think the brush is better?
I also noticed, if I apply my SA after VAK2, it works much better. So far so good.
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I dab the product in dots all over my face, then sweep over it with the brush. I try to get it all over my face and I go over areas which I'm probably not supposed to do since I don't like seeing the white streaks, which do disappear but I'm impatient.
feya
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
i get those white marks as well, and they do disappear, you are right
i just spread it all around by gentle tapping with the back of the spatula
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Be sure to spread them out very gently - using back of spatula ... you can even lightly spritz your face with a hydrosol or a purified water first - this helps spreading - rubbing them in loses effectiveness. It's a different product thatn most out there. Take it from a ....Long term VK2 lover. One of the originals of this thread.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hey there sister sweets - great to see you posting.

I wish they'd find a better delivery method for the VAK to make it easier to apply correctly. Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:15 am      Reply with quote
I know! I always use the little spatura and scoop out a small amount and then pat it around my face and spread out from there. I try to take 10 minutes to let it "do it's thing"- whatever that is Laughing so I don''t disturb the process by putting on anything else.
Can be a fussy little product. Eye cream is the same.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I've received a couple emails from KH UK and haven't seen them mentioned so here goes.

Free VAK-AHA! Yep, just place an order for the product on the KH UK site and it'll be added to your cart. I believe this offer expires this weekend.

In addition to that, because of the crush of orders (Thanks future Queen of England!) they are extending a 15% discount to everyone. You need to use the code below, it is good until May 31.

YTOYT2463
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:48 am      Reply with quote
So, yesterday I tried applying my VAK-AHA a little bit different.

Normally I apply my VAK-oil on damp skin and let it soak in and then apply my VAK-AHA. I end up having to apply more oil in certain areas of my chin for the dryness.

Sister sweets mentioned applying the VAK on damp skin and making it easier to spread around. I skipped my oil and applied the VAK on my damp skin and it worked very well. My skin was NOT as dry as it normally is.

My guess is that the VAK pushed the water into my skin and hydrated it more than the oil did. I'm not sure how that is or why but it worked. I did dab a little of the oil on a few spots but only once, whereas before I did it several times during the day.

Even this morning, my skin looks much more moist than it normally is.

I'm using the VAK-oil because I was told to do it for dry skin and I think it helps but I think it helps more on the outside of the VAK-AHA than on the bottom. *shrugs*

It's a constant learning process.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:29 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I know! I always use the little spatura and scoop out a small amount and then pat it around my face and spread out from there. I try to take 10 minutes to let it "do it's thing"- whatever that is Laughing so I don''t disturb the process by putting on anything else.
Can be a fussy little product. Eye cream is the same.

ITA Sister Sweets. I find it is a fine line between having the product work and feeling like (a) you haven't put anything on your skin or (b) feeling like your skin is coated with more product than you need.

I'm wavering on my love of KH lately. My skin was looking really dull. I suspected that I hadn't been exfoliating enough, so I started doing that more often. With my Rosacea-prone skin, however, it is a fine line for between healthy looking skin and inflamed skin. Sad

Has anyone else found that their skin went a little dull looking over time? KH was a wonderful line for me when I first started it. It was horribly cold and my skin was SO dry. My skin just soaked it up. I'm not sure whether it is a just a matter of switching up the line a bit, moving away from it entirely or just combining this line with another one. I've ordered some Osmosis products to try.

I thought hair was difficult - find the right skin care line is proving even more of a challenge for me. Rolling Eyes Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the immediate effect of the VAK 2% Like sister sweets says it is a huge GLOW factor, but in a long run I felt like it is ruining my skin. Those little red bumps on my chin and cheeks do not go away, and skin looks a bit tired.

Time2Bme wrote:

ITA Sister Sweets. I find it is a fine line between having the product work and feeling like (a) you haven't put anything on your skin or (b) feeling like your skin is coated with more product than you need.

I'm wavering on my love of KH lately. My skin was looking really dull. I suspected that I hadn't been exfoliating enough, so I started doing that more often. With my Rosacea-prone skin, however, it is a fine line for between healthy looking skin and inflamed skin. Sad

Has anyone else found that their skin went a little dull looking over time? KH was a wonderful line for me when I first started it. It was horribly cold and my skin was SO dry. My skin just soaked it up. I'm not sure whether it is a just a matter of switching up the line a bit, moving away from it entirely or just combining this line with another one. I've ordered some Osmosis products to try.

I thought hair was difficult - find the right skin care line is proving even more of a challenge for me. Rolling Eyes Smile
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:24 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I really like the immediate effect of the VAK 2% Like sister sweets says it is a huge GLOW factor, but in a long run I felt like it is ruining my skin. Those little red bumps on my chin and cheeks do not go away, and skin looks a bit tired.

Hi RS Smile
Have you given up completely on the KH or are you still using some of the products in your current regime?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I agree about finding the best balance of using the product... ..From my perspective, skin care (amounts and type) can be weather dependant. I have various BHO that I rotate based on my skin at the time and often the weather dictates some of what my skin needs. I use VK2 3 days a week and when I want the glow. I am not a daily - day-in/day-out user. My mainstay is Copper Peptides - has been for a long time and I love them more and more. They are the real deal. That said I really like KH eye cream also.
I have heard great things about the Osmosis line and am pondering the C powder to add to Juice Beauty serum.

Time2Bme wrote:

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

Hi RS Smile
Have you given up completely on the KH or are you still using some of the products in your current regime?

I only use KH Day Protection cream and Eye cream 2 times a week.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Sister Sweets & RussianSunshine Smile

I don't think I'll have to give up the KH all together. I'm not having the issues that RS is having. My skin looks good with it, as long as I don't use it all the time. I shouldn't really be surprised that I have to switch things up a bit. I have to do that with my hair products all the time or they stop working for me. I didn't think I had to do it with skincare, but it is looking that way.

I have ordered some of the Osmosis products to try and I'm also using Devita and Replenix CF and Power of Three

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Please let us know how you like your new product choices Very Happy
Time2Bme wrote:
Thanks Sister Sweets & RussianSunshine Smile

I don't think I'll have to give up the KH all together. I'm not having the issues that RS is having. My skin looks good with it, as long as I don't use it all the time. I shouldn't really be surprised that I have to switch things up a bit. I have to do that with my hair products all the time or they stop working for me. I didn't think I had to do it with skincare, but it is looking that way.

I have ordered some of the Osmosis products to try and I'm also using Devita and Replenix CF and Power of Three

Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new to the forums and after lurking around for several days reviewing a couple brands I was interested in (not KH initially), this forum introduced me to KH. I placed my order yesterday and have a few items I want to try shipped... should be expecting them in a few days.

Just wanted to ask if there are any tips or instructions I need to know before using it for the first time.
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hey there -

Best tip I found from this thread (well, there are two of them) is to buy a fan brush to spread the cream. You can buy one for a few dollars at a craft store in the paintbrush section. Just be sure to get a synthetic brush, not natural bristles.

The second I've found is to make sure your face is slightly damp when applying the products. I find it helps them to spread better.

Other than that, don't rub them on your face. A light swooshing over the skin is all that is necessary.

Oh, one more thing, don't try everything at once. I know it's tempting but ease into the products, particularly the VAK creams. Try once a day instead of two or even every other day if your skin can be sensitive.

Have fun!
sbtrfly74

Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips... Just got my package in the mail today. Will take your advice and not try everything at once, only bought a couple of things to see if I like it. Super excited... I love new things lol.

I bought the finest chocolate cleanser since the other one was out of stock that I wanted. Worked fine, little greasy but will have to figure out what a wool cloth is to remove it. I'm also trying the mask today and that will be enough for tonight so I wont over do it. Its interesting, can feel my skin tingling. Only thing that's a little odd is my eyes are slightly burning while I'm wearing it.

Any additional tips are greatly appreciated. Wink
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
The eye bit is because of the oxygen in the mask. Smile Mine do that too ..

I love the Essential Mask, it's probably one of my favorite items. I try to do it 3 times a week. It can really make a difference in my face.

I'm going to splurge and make another order, I have a $50 off coupon and it's burning a hole in my pocket!

My plan: eye cream, prof. cleanser, mild scrub, VAK2, and Vitamin H cream.

I'm using the cleansing milk for every day and it works well, I just wish it were a bit thicker. The water like consistency makes it a bit messy. The prof. cleanser will make a nice 1-2 times a week deep clean, same as the mild scrub to exfoliate.

More products! Yay!!

BTW, Skinterra has a good selection of the basic products. They have 15% off this month plus you get free shipping and a free gift. Last month, my free gift was a $15 pot of lipgloss, not too shabby! I also got the $50 off coupon (off of a $200 purchase). We all know how easy it is to get to $200!!
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, I ordered the VAK3 specifically for my age spots on my forehead. I'm going to spot treat that area and see if I can clear that area up. It drives me crazy.

The VAK+AHA has been working well for me. I look forward to trying the other products. Wheee! In a few short days I will be all stocked up on products.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |