Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
sunshine4ana wrote:
thanks Mentor for your reply.
Have you notices the icepick scars change at all?
I've got a lot of little bumps under the skin that never go away, I hope using oxygen will get rid of them.

I'm using Retinol 1% from Skinceuticals in the evening alternating it with Retexturing Serum. From what I understand about the way these products work I should use the oxygen face cream on top of the retinol... but to use the VK1% on its own correct? Can I layer the vk1% and oxygen face? During the day I use Dermalogica's oil control lotion which contains salicylic acid, can I use salicylic acid with oxygen?
Should I quit Retinol 1% at this time and let KH do its magic on its own? Anyone with experience with both these lines and KH?
gosh, I didn't know I had so many questions until I started typing!
Thanks in advance.

My apologies, I didn't read your complete post before I posted, but I wanted to add that I know exactly what you are speaking of in regards to the little bumps under the skin that won't go away. If they are like mine, they can't be popped, they are just there....just on my chin though and I have no idea how they appear, but most people can't see them unless really close.

Honestly, I would say try the KH Apricot instead of the KH VK2..don't get me wrong, I love the VK2% & that is what I used for 1.5 yrs and will probably still rotate between this and the apricot, but I think the VK Apricot would give you better results as far as the scarring because of the 2 added ingredients. If I am in error, someone please chime in, as this is just my opinion. I personally never started on the 1%, I went straight to the 2% and think you may be happier doing it that way.

I too am still a little mixed up about products and whether they go under or on top. At first, (for the first 1.5 yrs) I was using it under my moisturiser but now that I am using rosehip oil, I was told to apply the rosehip oil first and then dab the oxygen over that. Do NOT rub the oxygen in like a moisturizer, it needs to be "dabbed" onto your face and then kind of make a line to each dot (Hope that makes sense)

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
sunshine4ana

Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
No need to apologize. I threw a lot at you and everyone one else reading this exchange.
The application technique makes sense. Lets see what happens once I actually get my hands on the texture of the cream.
I'll use the VK1% just because it comes in the trial kit. I'll have to make up my mind about the follow up product once I see how my skin reacts to it. I'll try applying the OF on top of oil control lotion and see what happens. I'm also waiting to hear from JoElla on this issue and will report back.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
sunshine4ana wrote:
No need to apologize. I threw a lot at you and everyone one else reading this exchange.
The application technique makes sense. Lets see what happens once I actually get my hands on the texture of the cream.
I'll use the VK1% just because it comes in the trial kit. I'll have to make up my mind about the follow up product once I see how my skin reacts to it. I'll try applying the OF on top of oil control lotion and see what happens. I'm also waiting to hear from JoElla on this issue and will report back.

Please keep us posted. I don't think you will be disappointed in the KH. And JoElla is very knowledgeable and is the one whom advised me to use the rosehip oil under the KH Apricot to help even more with the scarring.

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Hey I finally received my vit a apricot today. Do you use the spatula to apply? I read from somewhere it's best not to use fingers and rub it in but just pat in on? Btw how much do you use? I love the smell. haha I guess I must have been using scentless products for a long time

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:15 am      Reply with quote
As it turns out, JoElla says I use too many products, which can aggravate and even cause acne. I'm paring down everything in preparation for KH.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
Hey I finally received my vit a apricot today. Do you use the spatula to apply? I read from somewhere it's best not to use fingers and rub it in but just pat in on? Btw how much do you use? I love the smell. haha I guess I must have been using scentless products for a long time

I have only used the spatula 2 times, I prefer to use my fingers to dab on....More hygienic to use spatula to get cream out and then just dip finger to spatula.

leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:19 am      Reply with quote

This is just a little note to say that all of the KH oxygen creams should not be rubbed into the skin. Apply the KH cream and just let the cream sink into the skin. It's that easy.

MentorAmy.....I don't really like the Vitamin H cream either. It seems strange but I find the cream dries and irritates my skin. Well, I guess not every product will be a winner.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:52 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:

How are you liking it?

faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:
faeriedust wrote:

How are you liking it?

Hey! Sorry I have not been updating. I'm still using it nightly. But I have not noticed much changes yet. Initially it caused some flakiness but it has subsided. I only noticed the blackheads on my nose looks lesser. Yea can't comment much on the scars

Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everybody,
I applied the oxygen face cream for the first time today. I have a couple of large cysts which look quite dry and smaller now.
We shall see in the coming days.
Application was easy enough, but I'm afraid a small pea-size bit of cream is not enough for my face so it has to be a larger pea-sized bit...

S.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
MentorAmy05 wrote:
faeriedust wrote:

How are you liking it?

Hey! Sorry I have not been updating. I'm still using it nightly. But I have not noticed much changes yet. Initially it caused some flakiness but it has subsided. I only noticed the blackheads on my nose looks lesser. Yea can't comment much on the scars

I honestly can't say for certain how long it was before I noticed, but it wasn't to awful long.

Have you used Rose Hip Oil? I am really liking it now. I have added it into my nightly routine and it seems to be making my skin look a litter better now....I have used about half the 1st bottle as of now & it seems to also be helping the scars a little bit in addition to the KH....I am definitely happier now with my skin than I have been in years...JoElla is the one that recommended I start the Rose Hip for a little "boost" to help with the scarring and it seems to be working. I have cut the bio oil out because I feel the rose hip is working alot better. I would definitely recommend it and I was rotating it under and on top of the KH Oxygen, but I now only use it under....so I apply the rose hip oil whenI get out of the shower at night (with my face still damp) then I apply the KH directly over it and let it sit until it absorbs....Sometimes I apply a little too much of the KH & have to "dot" it around my face.

Please keep me updated and let me know in about a month or so if you are noticing a difference. Did you get the 2% or the KH Apricot? Sorry, I forget which one you said. I started out with the 2% & purchsed the Apricot the last time and I love them both...so I will probably rotate each new purchase.

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
sunshine4ana wrote:
Hey everybody,
I applied the oxygen face cream for the first time today. I have a couple of large cysts which look quite dry and smaller now.
We shall see in the coming days.
Application was easy enough, but I'm afraid a small pea-size bit of cream is not enough for my face so it has to be a larger pea-sized bit...

S.

Awesome!!!!! Very Happy I use more than a pea-sized amount as well. Once you use it a few times, you will get better at knowing how much you actually need. Just remember to "dab" it on.....Do NOT rub it in like your typical moisturizer

sunshine4ana

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi MentorAmy,

The dabbing part does take practice I admit. I've since received my trial package and I love vk1% and the essential mask is a dream. I'm also quite sure I'll buy the scrub also. My mom loves the additional sweet too.
I'm happy to say, so far I have not been disappointed.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:23 am      Reply with quote
sunshine4ana wrote:
Hi MentorAmy,

The dabbing part does take practice I admit. I've since received my trial package and I love vk1% and the essential mask is a dream. I'm also quite sure I'll buy the scrub also. My mom loves the additional sweet too.
I'm happy to say, so far I have not been disappointed.

Glad to hear that! I honestly feel like the Rose Hip Oil is helping alot....I have definitely noticed since I added it at nights, my complexion looks better....I just ordered my 2nd bottle from JoElla.....I still have a little under a half left but I want to make certain I don't forget and then be out LOL.....I think I have found that the KH Oxygen 2% & the KH Apricot, along with the rose hip oil at night has taken me on the skincare path I want to be one.....This stuff has been a life-saver for my face......

I am still trying to find a morning routine....I currently just use the olay pro x firming serum in the am and it works okay, but the other 2 above are the ones I couldn't be without. My doctor, which also has a medi spa asked me what I was doing because my scarring looks more shallow.....I had the laser with her a few years ago and it didn't help, so I told her about the KH....She herself has beautiful skin and she uses Obagi...I haven't tried it yet, but I figure if the KH Oxygen is working, why change a good thing Smile)

cyndi17
5% products discount

Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I've been trolling this forum reading all your wonderful posts and thought it was time to ask for some help because I'm utterly confused!

I sent JoElla some emails so she has been helping as well. I'm 27, with fairly normal skin, the occassional breakout (usually hormonal) but my biggest concern are some quite deep scars from acne when I was a teenager, as well as the dullness of my skin - I want bright clear skin! The other thing is I really want to simplify my routine down to a handful of products.

From what I've researched on here, and JoElla's advice I'm going to try;

Professional Cleansing Cream
Mild Scrub
Essential Mask
Eye Cream
VAK3 - for a spot treatment
VAK1 - Day and Night

I'm still not clear on whether it is ok to use the VAK1 with the AHA day and night, or whether I should purchase separately VAK1 - AHA and VAK1 and alternate.

I also wasn't sure what frequency to use the Professional Cleansing cream - I suppose I'm used to the cleanse twice a day thing, but I read that maybe that's not the case with KH? Would it be better to purchase the Cleansing Milk and tonic?

And how does the VAK cream sit under makeup? Is it worth using the day protection on top to provide a better base for makeup?

Apologies for all the questions - I've tried to answer myself from all the posts but I'm feeling very confused!

Thanks, Cyndi
sunshine4ana

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Same here. I am loving the Oxygen Face cream and the essential mask. The VK 1% though makes me break out. I put in on overnight and in the morning my jawline and cheeks are full of red, painful acne. Only the Oxygen Face calms them down within a day or two. I wonder if I should layer them to get the benefit of the vk1% but avoid the reaction. JoElla suggests that I upgrade to Vk2% but I wonder if I will break out even more from the stronger version.... I've only applied the vk1% three times (every other night for the past week) so I think I'll wait to finish the travel jar of the cream to see if my face improves. I think I read somewhere in the thread that that was a possible reaction but I don't have the time to re-read and find it again.
Has anyone had this reaction before? Have you layered with the Oxygen Face Cream?
Thanks.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:11 am      Reply with quote
For me personally, I skipped the VK 1 and started with the VK 2% and had no break-outs. Although I think I read if you use to much, there may be some break-outs(?)

sunshine4ana

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I may have used too much the first couple of times. I put on vk1 last night and this morning I have less breakouts than previously from it. So I think its a case of my skin getting used to it and the amount I'm putting. I got vk in a sample kit so it won't be too long before I finish it and start vk2. One thing I've found that works very well so far is putting on Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0 under oxygen face cream. both seem to work well together but as a treatment not a day cream.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I made a new thread but wanted to post this here also. I have been reading about the KH Choco2 and have read it takes years off.....any of you tried this? I was thinking about using this as an a.m. routine only and keeping my KH Apricot and RoseHip in the P.M. routine. Also, that brings me to another thing that I am back and forth on. I was applying the KH Apricot OVER the Rose Hip Oil and then started applying under and have switched back and forth. JoElla said to use the Rose Hip first and then the KH Apricot, but now it seems that it is helping more (as far as pore size) if I use the KH First then the Rose Hip, although my understanding, that is not the most effective way(?) Any opinions on either?

Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:59 am      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:
faeriedust wrote:

I have only used the spatula 2 times, I prefer to use my fingers to dab on....More hygienic to use spatula to get cream out and then just dip finger to spatula.

Just a thought...but if you are using the spatula shouldn't you clean it every time before you use the product- or else you would just be contaminating the product?

or maybe just get some alcohol swabs and wipe down the spatula before using- a box of 100 alcohol wipes is around $2-3.oo depending where u shop.

Also has anyone contacted the Karin Herzog co to find out the order the products are used in?
I assume contacting the company would be helpful in most cases.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Choco2 alternately with the Rose Day Cream. I can't say whether or not it takes years off, but like all the other KH oxygen products it is a wonderful cream that keeps the complexion clear, supple and well toned.
AlcoholicArtist
5% products discount

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hello is it safe for me to use the oxygen face cream on the under eye area?
Desert Girl

Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!

Has anyone tried this??

STOP™ Radio Frequency Skin Rejuvenation Wand for Home Use
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I got lazy with my skincare and stopped using most of my products. I'd forgotten how nice my skin looks WITH them! I'm starting back up.

One question though, I have the professional cleanser and find it really difficult to get OFF the skin. Is there a trick? I end up drying off hands/face, then applying a drop of it to my fingertips and rubbing it all over. I then take a hot washcloth to wipe it off.

Other than that .. still love the products!
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I think I'm the only one that doesn't care for this product line. I like the vitamin h cream but it's really waxy and I can Only wear to bed. I can't see that any of it gave me any results but drain my paycheck.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |