Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Blues,

can you PM me the SPA?
I am also interested in both lines. It would be great to get an advice from the people who know both lines.

I would love to go and actually see a person (or do a facial) some place where they have both lines. I googled but could not find any so far in NYC/NJ area.

TIA,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Boski,
Thank you for your honest interest in skin health - I know you are really rooting for the best for all of us. I am intrigued with this line - I won't lie to you. I've been in contact with a woman from Avanya MMU and she swears by it too.

I am enjoying the KH line - and I was shocked that I can use the professional cleanser on my oily skin. It feels marvelous - but then it's working for me so of course I like it.

All that said - I have a little disappointment over the thought that I should not add anything from 302 - would love to use the cleanser and probably the C drops to start - alternating with my VKombi2. But if it's not going to work - why bother spending the money and the time? I also am considering using my KH for a few months and then switching over to 302 for a time and seeing what that brings. I've always switched around in the past and my face is still here Laughing
Final thing - if KH is not based on acids and neither is 302 I wonder what the conflict is? Really?

For the time being I'm still in the baby stages of KH and really loving it more than any line I've used thus far. Who would've thought I'd stop with the acids and the CP's?

As I said before, I totally forgot I was on KH when I started 302. This was 3 years ago. My memory is not what it used to be Crying or Very sad . Back then, I wasn't told I couldn't mix 302 with other lines, and I must have figured KH was not acid based, so why not? There was NO information from other users when I started. So it was an experiment for me. Luckily, I didn't suffer any consequences from mixing the two lines. So, if you really want to mix, maybe you can try and see how you react. Maybe it IS okay to mix KH with 302. But then you're not going to know if your results are from KH, 302, or both. That's the only possible dilemma.

The whole purpose of my thread was for dialogue, so this is great. Let's learn from eachother's experiences.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Nice Boski,
And with that, maybe we should quit giving everyone whiplash and keep 302 in it's thread. LOL.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, back to KH.

I wanted to mention that application with a brush works really well with the eye cream in the eye area also.
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Nice Boski,
And with that, maybe we should quit giving everyone whiplash and keep 302 in it's thread. LOL.

BluesHeart:

Sorry about that, I will stop hijacking your thread from now on, promise Angel
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:37 am      Reply with quote
I am glad to read here that KH and 302 might be good lines to rotate because that is what I am hoping. Both lines seem to have good philosophies in general and there are products in each that target my skin issues. I have been watching this thread and am impressed by all the great results that you guys are reporting. I have just started 302 but when the time comes for me to start either alternating lines or incorporating other products (or if 302 ends up not being effective for me) KH is the line I'm keeping in mind. Smile Congratulations to all of you who are getting wonderful results with KH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:48 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart, I was just curious if you are still peeling, or did that stop? (I have not peeled and the corners of my mouth stopped cracking, as well) Sorry if you answered this already, but this thread is getting really long!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Very interesting reading, ladies. I must say that I'm also surprised that I've retired acids (Vitamin C just went back on the shelf) and have been off them for quite some time since I started Retin-A (also now on the shelf). I'm avoiding all others except for a very occasional application, which is why the KH Fruit Acids or AHA Cream intrigue me. I still have not placed my order as I'm not quite sure which of the 3 products I really want yet. In thinking about it at first, I wasn't sure that I would notice anything more from using them because I don't have lines to speak of. But, then I realized that, if it provides the occasional exfoliation and thus, skin refresh, it will only increase the power of the Vita Kombi 2. At least that's what I came up with, anyway.

I was looking at my face in the mirror this morning and last night. I am really shocked by how nice my skin looks now. I'm just over 3 weeks usage so it's getting to the point that JoElla mentioned where people start commenting. A friend of mine was over last night and said that my skin looked better than it ever has and that it was smooth and creamy; also said that it did not appear to be oily at all (true, my oil is really regulating) - wanted to know how much KH costs. Smile I'm absolutely thrilled with this line and have no desire to switch because I've never used products that work as advertised. Now, I realize that these won't be for everyone but for me, they are a definite HG. It probably also helps that I've taken it fairly slow and am only using the cleansers, VK2 and the eye cream every day. The Essential Mask, I use, once a week and the Scrub every 2-3 days.

I use the foundation brush to apply the VK2 and eye cream - works great and allows a very thin layer. Also, I've taken to putting the eye cream all around the eye, which gives me a brighter look almost immediately.

In my arsenal, I have the 302 drops that I used for after rolling as a collagen builder but I found them problematic/testy as they sort of broke me out. I could only use them every other day but still got a breakout here and there. Nothing major so I keep them around and occasionally use them post intensive roll. CPs are pretty much the same - only use them now post roll. I'd have to agree with Boski that the posters on acne.org are fairly young and uneducated about products/ingredients. They're desperate to fix their scars, understandably, so are using things probably in an incorrect manner with lousy results. I think it's a case of the quick fix desire overriding thinking. We take a lot more intensive look at products/results.

However, I've sorted most of my issues out and others (like pore refinishing) are an ongoing process that I know will take time. The results are continuing to improve every day so I believe it won't be very long. I'm extremely satisfied using KH and have no plans to stray. The only thing I might add at some point is a mild Vitamin C - heck, I might go back to making my own triple C version because I'd like the anti-oxidant benefits.

BTW, I have confirmed that my broken caps are disappearing. They are probably 50% of what they were when I started KH so that is certainly proving to be a benefit for me. Hopefully, your lone cap will go away, Blues.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:18 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
BluesHeart, I was just curious if you are still peeling, or did that stop? (I have not peeled and the corners of my mouth stopped cracking, as well) Sorry if you answered this already, but this thread is getting really long!

Morning Riley,
I want to reiterate here that I had no real peeling until I tried to use the NCN pumpkin peel 6.5 weeks into beginning the Herzog . I am finally back to normal and so I'm not peeling. This has taught me a valuable lesson in not underestimating the power of the oxygen and how it's delivered within the skin. For those of you with oilier skin, the pumpkin masks might work fine. For me, it seemed to cause an increased sensitivity to everything. I have done just fine using the Vita K Apricot so the light acid in there must be compatible with my skin at this point. I'm also back to using the Vita K 2. All is well as long as I use some sense. LOL

Scally, I'm so glad this line is working for you. The creamy complexion is addicting, no?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Blues. Sorry, I did miss that important part about you not peeling until the NCN pumpkin peel!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Good point, Blues and a reminder to really watch it when adding any exfoliants! I am going to be super careful and not add anything from my product shelf just for the fun of it.

The creaminess is indeed addicting! I can't get over it, actually, and every time I see a magazine cover with Renée Zellwegger's picture, I think, AHA, the bright and creamy Karin Herzog is at it again!

I really got a taste of how good this is going to go yesterday when I was running around DC. My skin looked amazing and I got a lot of compliments while out. It may have had to do with my outfit, LOL, but I'm certain my skin looked bright and creamy so that also helped.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Riley, how are you doing now? Feeling better about things? That's wonderful that you had the brief respite from the lip liines. Maybe this is a sign of whats coming.

Something I've noticed is that it's nice to not have umpteen layers of products on my face. Prior to using this line I always suspected I should be walking around with a sign attached to my rear end that said, "Caution: Chemical Overload Possible"

I have to admit to wanting to try a non acidic C but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Other than the 302, I've not paid much attention to those types of C products. What do you ladies think, is there C in the AHA or Fruit Acids? And is it enough to offer antiox protection? Opinions?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Regarding C, I'm leaning towards MAP or making the triple, like I said, which does have ascorbic acid but also 2 other kinds of C, MAP included. I'm not sure about what 302 offers yet as I've not investigated it enough.

Maybe an email to JoElla is in order...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I am doing fine. I am just waiting for something to happen! I feel like one of my biggest freckles maybe a little lighter, but other than that there is no change in my broken caps or wrinkles. The lip lines are funny. When I look at myself in the mirror, it is almost like they are gone, but then when I use the magnifying mirror, they still look the same to me. Time will tell. I did get my order for the cleansing milk and the AHA today, so I will be starting to use the milk in the morning and the AHA under the Kombi 2 in the evenings. I have to read how often to use the AHA cream. I will take a pic over the weekend to see if any differences are apparent that I don't see looking at myself every day. I like the line so far. I like that I put 1 thing on in the morning, and then sunscreen and I am ready. I do miss my skinceuticals C, E, Ferulic, though, especially being in FL. I feel like I need all the sun protection I can get! Will keep everyone posted if something new and exciting happens!
havana8

Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
In my arsenal, I have the 302 drops that I used for after rolling as a collagen builder but I found them problematic/testy as they sort of broke me out.

Scala, I wonder if it could be the squalane that is causing you to break out a bit? I am not sure but I think you mentioned not being able to easily use squalane? Or do I have that mixed up? Laughing

302 Drops
Ingredients: Deionized Water, Avocatin 302, Squalane, Capric Triglycerides, Avocado Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Cetearyl Methicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Ceteareth-20, Polysorbate 60, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydroxycellulose, Methyldibromo Glutaronitrile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Blues, meant to say there is no C in the AHA from what I can see on the ingredients. I feel if there was C in the products, it would not be enough to offer protection, but just my opinion.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Blues, meant to say there is no C in the AHA from what I can see on the ingredients. I feel if there was C in the products, it would not be enough to offer protection, but just my opinion.

Thanks Rileygirl, I've played with using C's for several years but always found them wanting. I'm not very up on C so I appreciate your input.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Scally, I just now saw where you said your caps are disappearing. Wowzers. That is great so do you think it's the synergy of the system or one thing in particular? See, in my mind, I'm thinking I need the gentle cleansing milk. Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:
In my arsenal, I have the 302 drops that I used for after rolling as a collagen builder but I found them problematic/testy as they sort of broke me out.

Scala, I wonder if it could be the squalane that is causing you to break out a bit? I am not sure but I think you mentioned not being able to easily use squalane? Or do I have that mixed up? Laughing

302 Drops
Ingredients: Deionized Water, Avocatin 302, Squalane, Capric Triglycerides, Avocado Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Cetearyl Methicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Ceteareth-20, Polysorbate 60, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydroxycellulose, Methyldibromo Glutaronitrile

No, ma'am! You have it right! I do have a problem with squalene so thanks for pointing that out. I was initially freaked out by the KH ingredients but my skin loves them for some reason. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Scally, I just now saw where you said your caps are disappearing. Wowzers. That is great so do you think it's the synergy of the system or one thing in particular? See, in my mind, I'm thinking I need the gentle cleansing milk. Razz

Yeah, I know, wowzers is right. I hesitated to really say much in the beginning until I was absolutely sure but they are definitely fading. Yippee about that!

Honestly, I don't know, if it is the synergy of the system - could be - or the fact that I've been using the VK2 2x/day for at least 2 weeks now. Wonder, if that's what's doing it.

Now, I would like to enable you and say get the Cleansing Milk. It's lovely and I do think they all work together to regulate your skin whichever way you lean. At least that's what I'm thinking right now. LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Yeah, I know, wowzers is right. I hesitated to really say much in the beginning until I was absolutely sure but they are definitely fading. Yippee about that!

Honestly, I don't know, if it is the synergy of the system - could be - or the fact that I've been using the VK2 2x/day for at least 2 weeks now. Wonder, if that's what's doing it.

Now, I would like to enable you and say get the Cleansing Milk. It's lovely and I do think they all work together to regulate your skin whichever way you lean. At least that's what I'm thinking right now. LOL

You know what? I tend to avoid the cap because I was afraid some of this stuff would aggravate it. I need to get some courage and just jump in and slather it all over my nose.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
havana8 wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

302 Drops

No, ma'am! You have it right! I do have a problem with squalene so thanks for pointing that out. I was initially freaked out by the KH ingredients but my skin loves them for some reason. Smile

The ingredient listings are funny on 302 because it doesn't mention squalane at all there. Confused
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
First off Boski = I don't see you as hijacking the KH thread....If you are ...we all are. I see 302/KH discussions all over the place. I think we are all seeing the potential of these two lines - more or less - in some similar ways. Of course most of us are using KH on this thread and for some the wheels are turning about the 302 and if everyone is like me they are watching closely both threads.

Anyway, I am almost one week into KH and like it. The Vk2 I use once a day. I don't feel "creamy" yet but I'm hoping.

Everytime I read here there is something else I think about getting - now it's the cleansing milk!!!! geez ladies.

Wonder what's with the roving ingredient list on the 302 products.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I was going to hold off on this, Sis but a friend of mine here at EDS who doesn't post much has been in contact with a spa, recommended by the 302 people. The spa also sells KH. She told my friend that she recommended three months on with KH and then three with 302. My friend has written another spa and is awaiting they're recommendation. She wants to compare what they say. So that is an option for you. I'm going to sit on this because I want some questions answered first regarding the use of the eo's and the peptides. Let us know what you decide and I'll let you know my friend finds out.[/quote]

Blues - thanks for keeping me in the loop. One of the thoughts I had was alternating these lines. It makes sense to me but I would certainly rather hear it from those in the know.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I used the cleansing milk this morning for the first time. I really like this. More like a normal cleanser; apply, massage, rinse off. It has a light smell and a nice light texture. Did not leave my face feeling greasy or dry. Very nice!

I used the AHA cream for the first time last night. You just apply a thin layer and don't have to worry about not massaging it in, or avoiding eyebrows. Says to use a few times a week and use before the Kombi creams. This cream seems to be extremely mild. I don't feel as if there was anything on my skin before I applied the Kombi cream on top. If you are at all hesitant about acids, this product would be for you!

ETA: Any updates on the silhouette cream?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |