Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Wanted to do a quick update, everything is still going well. I'm still loving every product. Like most others on this thread Ive decided not to mix anything else in with this line. I have also started using the eye cream as a lip cream AM & PM with some fabulous results! A couple of days ago my lips were looking dry, dehydrated and generally un sexy. I put on a thin layer while I was doing my MU. Within about 3 mins my lips were transformed. They were moisturized, very plump and had a beautiful red color. The effect is very long lasting, thought Id pass that on.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Want to thank whoever is responsible (Scally!?) for suggesting the use of a foundation brush to apply the VK. It works beautifully - and I finally get use out of my expensive MAC brush Laughing

Any resolution yet on the use of a C serum? Scally - did you speak with JoElla about this?

and yes - waiting to hear about the silhouette cream. and/or duo with the Tonus product.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I believe Vonstella came up with the clever idea of using a brush to apply the products. I love it also. Very Happy
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Vonstella - Capital idea - the foundation brush!!!!
havana8

Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Two questions: has anyone experienced any eye stinging/watering when first starting with the Vita-K's? and, do you also find the scent of them a bit perfumey? TIA!!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to try the brush trick tonight.

Riley, thanks for info on the cleansing milk as I've been curious about it. Did anyone purchase the toner? I was thinking of using it in the morning after water. Curiously, I've seen several recommendations to apply the the AHA after VitaK's. I suppose that would just serve to buffer the oxygen?

Sis, don't know about the roving ingredient lists for the 302. That makes me somewhat uncomfy along with the addition of ingredients that have me scratching my head. Add into the equation a price that can vary as much as 20 bucks for the same product and I'm getting a little iffy. I'm hearing stories about estheticians recommended by 302 who aren't able to answer questions. I'm going to see what Cookie comes up with in regards to a review.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I definitely experienced eye watering with the Vita Kombi and sometimes still do. But no where near to what it was when I first started. I really don't care for the perfume smell but it doesn't seem to bother my skin.
The Vita-A-Apricot does not have that perfumey smell.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Blues, I have not seen the AHA cream recommended for use after the Kombi. I read on the paperwork that for oily skin you apply the AHA, leave on 10 minutes or so, then rinse off, and then apply the Kombi cream. Otherwise, AHA, then Kombi. Where did you see to apply it afterwards?

I use a foundation brush to apply the Kombi, but I have been wondering is the cream staying on my face, or is it being absorbed into the brush? Meaning, am I getting the full benefit of the Kombi cream applying with a foundation brush?

I did take pictures today to compare a before to now (it has only been 12 days since I started the KH products, so not even 2 weeks yet), but there is no difference in anything. I will take another set of pics, but this time after a full 30 days on the products.
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Blues, I am going to start the C-boost next week sometime because I want to give my skin a chance to get off of the glycolics. I really LOVE the KH line and will not give it up for anything, but I like the idea of thickening the skin with the 302.
The lady at Spa Sole said that she had thinned her skin so much with the aggressive exfoliants that if she scratched herself lightly it would show a mark. Her skin has thickened up from the 302 and it doesn't happen anymore. She also said that using enzymes for exfoliation was okay and that if you leave the cleanser on for 10 minutes it works like a mask. She likes to mix the cleanser with baking soda.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:32 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

I use a foundation brush to apply the Kombi, but I have been wondering is the cream staying on my face, or is it being absorbed into the brush? Meaning, am I getting the full benefit of the Kombi cream applying with a foundation brush?

If you're using a synthetic brush, it shouldn't be able to absorb anything.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Yogi, thank you. I use the armani foundation brush, but don't have a clue if it is synthetic or not. I am really not a make-up person!

Cookie, how to you plan to incorporate the 302 with the KH? Will use you KH on 1 day and then the 302 on another? I think it was you who had said a woman from a spa had beautiful skin and used AHA and then KH at night and a C and KH in the morning, is that right? What did the woman's skin who used the 302 products look like?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Riley,
Ok, I went and looked and I must be losing my mind. I don't see that anywhere. However, I did see differences in how the H cream can be applied. Must be that I turned the two around. Sorry about that. Embarassed

Cookie, the over exfoliation is going to be something we're going to see at epidemic proportions is my guess. Some of these young girls are doing some heavy peels on such a regular,frequent basis that I cringe when I think about. Make sure you let us now how the C boost goes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:48 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Yogi, thank you. I use the armani foundation brush, but don't have a clue if it is synthetic or not. I am really not a make-up person!

Riley, I just looked up your brush, and it looks like it's sable. So it may be absorbing product. A synthetic one would be a better bet. A beauty supply store or a Sephora should have one.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I would actually go to an art supply store, they have more synthetic shapes to fit your needs at a fraction of the price.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:10 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Two questions: has anyone experienced any eye stinging/watering when first starting with the Vita-K's? and, do you also find the scent of them a bit perfumey? TIA!!

Yes, my eyes water, not enough to bother me though. Im not a fan of the scent at all.

vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:18 am      Reply with quote
So I have settled on my routine. Finally!

AM:
Cleansing Milk w/ Clarisonic (Delicate brush)
VK2
Eye Cream

PM:
MU removal w/ Earth Science ADE Creamy Cleanser (I don't feel that the Cleansing Milk removes MU at all, maybe traces but not full face)
Cleansing Milk w/ Clarisonic
VK2
Eye Cream

I'm going to alternate AM VK2 application w/ Fruit Acids layered under the Oxygen Face every other day, Mild Scrub every three days and the Essential Mask for special occasions or when I need a boost.

Reading about the 302 concept makes me want to be as gentle on my skin as possible, something I have unfortunately not done in the past.

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Cookie - Anxiously awaiting the results of the drops. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Now, I'm off to check if my MAC foundation brush is sythetic (I hope, I hope)....
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
So I'm going to inch even further out on this limb I'm clinging to and say that my skin is firmer. I had a fine line on the left side of my face that is gone. The smile line on my right side is shorter and not as deep. I started the Vitamin H cream a week ago. No chest wrinkles in the morning since I started applying it there. I think it's been used on the chest for five days now. I'm using the H once a day, sometimes in the morning and sometimes at night, primarily at night. I need a few more weeks before I can say yeah or nay on this product, though. Today, I'd give it a hesitant thumbs up. It appears more of a treatment versus a moisturizing product. Not sure about those of you who are oilier. I tend to think it would be ok. Now, I'm wondering how the AHA cream would work if I'd add this in. Greedy, greedy me. Oh,I'm beginning what I believe is my 11th week using KH.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to share something with you guys that might be of interest..

My daughter in law came in while I was reading this thread, and asked a few questions regarding the ingredients, specifically mineral oil....Her response was the same as mine was a while back, before I knew better..."YUK, I would never put that on my face"....(A little background now; She's a teacher by trade, and sells 'Beauti Control' on the side. Very nice, very overpriced products in a home Spa party setting)..

I did a little googling for the pharmaceutical grade mineral oil used in these products, and thought if you ever found yourself in the same situation, it might come in handy. The quotes follow that I showed her;

Watch out for the discrediting of mineral oil in skin care products.

{One company demands a premium price on their products because they claim that their products are more natural because they do not use mineral oil. Part of their marketing is a dramatic demonstration equating using mineral oil to rubbing crude petroleum on one's face...preposterous! It is true that mineral oil is a derivative of crude petroleum, but it is highly processed to achieve pharmaceutical-grade mineral oil. There are well-documented skin care benefits of pharmaceutical-grade mineral oil and who is foolish enough to rub crude petroleum on their face anyway?}

{Mineral oil. Clear, odorless oil derived from petroleum that is widely used in cosmetics because it rarely causes allergic reactions and it cannot become a solid and clog pores. Despite mineral oil’s association with petroleum and the hype that it is bad for skin, keep in mind that petroleum is a natural ingredient derived from the earth and that once it becomes mineral oil USP (cosmetics- and pharmaceutical-grade mineral oil), it has no resemblance to the original petroleum. Cosmetics-grade mineral oil and petrolatum are considered the safest, most nonirritating moisturizing ingredients ever found (Sources: Cosmetics & Toiletries, January 2001, page 79; and Cosmetic Dermatology, September 2000, pages 44–46). Yes, they can keep air off the skin to some extent, but that’s what a good antioxidant is supposed to do; they don’t suffocate skin! Moreover, mineral oil and petrolatum are known to be efficacious in wound healing, and are also among the most effective moisturizing ingredients available (Source: Cosmetics & Toiletries, February 1998, pages 33–40).}

I'm not sure about you, but I was always under the impression that mineral oil clogged pores, and was just a cheap filler used in cosmetics..

It's amazing to me what I've learned in 6 months hanging around all of you guru's.. Very Happy

K

P.S. DDIL was aghast that I might be more enlightened than her in this regard, so of course found fault with all of the above.. Bad Grin

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Very interesting post, Kassy. Thanks for that.

Thank you, Yogi. I think I have some craft brushes around here that have never been used, will check. I kind of had a feeling my brush was absorbing some!

Blues, do you use the H cream at the same time as the Kombi? If so, how are you using it, before or after?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Very interesting post, Kassy. Thanks for that.

Thank you, Yogi. I think I have some craft brushes around here that have never been used, will check. I kind of had a feeling my brush was absorbing some!

Blues, do you use the H cream at the same time as the Kombi? If so, how are you using it, before or after?

Riley, I am applying it first and then adding the VK's.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Kassy - If she only knew what you know! How 'bout it Very Happy
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Riley, It is funny because both the ladies that I talked to yesterday were of different ages but Lisa from Lisa Bradbury had very nice smooth skin. The one from Spa Sole said that she was breaking out because of the cheese that she had been eating. She had a fake tan so her skin didn't look that healthy but it did look thick.

Blues,I definitely agree with the over exfoliating. If I use glycolic for more than 3 days my skin looks haggard. I have not used glycolics regularly but at the KH spa they said it would enhance the results. I haven't used glycolic since Monday and my skin feels so much nicer.

I really don't know how I am going to incorporate the C-boost but the spa said to use the C serum under the Kombi, I might use it that way.

One thing that I have changed is the Vita-A-Apricot. I had a sample of the Vita Kombi 2 and it wasn't irritating for me at all, where as the Apricot was.

So many products and not enough face, but that's what makes it fun!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, cookie. That actually helps me make up my mind at the present time. I am going to try my Active serum under the Kombi 2 in the evening and my skinceuticals C, E, ferulic under the kombi in the morning. I won't do this until I have been using just KH for at least 1 month though.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
thanks Kassy - If she only knew what you know! How 'bout it Very Happy

Wink ....Maybe in a hundred years Sis... Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |