Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
tuningmyheart wrote:
The mailwoman just delivered my order from JoElla- can hardly wait to give it a try tonight! I have the cleansing milk, vitaK1 and the day protection. JoElla sent samples of the night cream called Additional Sweet- I will see how it goes without it, if I am dry I can add that to my routine.

Good idea tuning. Can't wait to hear. Let us know if you need some help with the application. It's so counterintuitive to what we do.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
FYI. I cannot believe how well this line has worked for me. I've decided against purchasing the Vita Apricot and sticking with the Vita K 2. I'd really like to continue the no acids thing. At this point, there is no use for them so why rock the boat. This is the best da** line I've ever used and I'm so surprised. My best news for last, I think the broken cap has gotten smaller and lighter. *crossing fingers*

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 1:03 am      Reply with quote
My head is spinning after ploughing through this thread! I am intrigued to say the least, after turning my nose up at basically all those ingredients for years. My skin is no better for it, so I might as well give this a go.

I cant remember if the patent itself has been discussed earlier, but it does go into some of the mechanisms involved. Apparently much of the claims revolves around the vit A and glucose feeding cells throughout the outer layers of the skin. I cannot begin to understand how this may or may not work, but with the results shown in this thread I am very much inclined to try.

Has anyone seen pics or documentation of long term users? Except from the notable Madame Herzog herself, of course.

Now, can someone please remove my mouse from the submit order button!

Patent is here:
http://www.google.no/patents?id=yVsBAAAAEBAJ
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 1:44 am      Reply with quote
You enablers, lol! I ordered a few items today from this line, excited to try it.
Another Oxygen line I have used for a few years is by a Canadian company called CMI, I use the OzOxygen line, which is supposed to be stabalized Oxygen as well. I really like the results from it and have re-ordered for years, which says a lot coming from a product junkie like me! Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:
My head is spinning after ploughing through this thread! I am intrigued to say the least, after turning my nose up at basically all those ingredients for years. My skin is no better for it, so I might as well give this a go.

I cant remember if the patent itself has been discussed earlier, but it does go into some of the mechanisms involved. Apparently much of the claims revolves around the vit A and glucose feeding cells throughout the outer layers of the skin. I cannot begin to understand how this may or may not work, but with the results shown in this thread I am very much inclined to try.

Has anyone seen pics or documentation of long term users? Except from the notable Madame Herzog herself, of course.

Now, can someone please remove my mouse from the submit order button!

Patent is here:

Hey Sharkbait, thanks for posting that! Interesting reading. When I was looking into Karin Herzog it was funny to find that it's been around so long, has a reputation as one of the finest skincare lines in the world, yet is still off the radar. I spoke with a spa owner yesterday in New York who told me that they can't keep it in stock. Let us know what you decide to order.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Well, I might need a few pointers from the pros here before ordering. (Which I am sure will end with me ordering more stuff Wink )

I am 27, have dry surface skin, no particular oil problem, a sneaky line between the brows and the never-to-be-hidden-from acne.

So, I am thinking about the cleansing cream, oxygen face, vk2, vk3 and mild scrub. Then I will without a doubt branch out to the body products, as the hair bleaching effect alone sounds tempting when you are porcelain skinned with very dark hair.

Any results on stretch marks? I have such a slew of beauty issues I could seriously write a book about my woes. Rolling Eyes
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Patent is here:
http://www.google.no/patents?id=yVsBAAAAEBAJ[/quote]

thanks Sharkbait.
I think the cleansing cream, and maybe VK1 working up to VK2. And you might like the Vit H also... Don't know that you need VK3. Might be a bit much for your skin.

I"d contact JoElla and get her evaluation. She has the experience you need to choose the right products.
Sis
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 5:40 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:
Well, I might need a few pointers from the pros here before ordering. (Which I am sure will end with me ordering more stuff Wink )

I am 27, have dry surface skin, no particular oil problem, a sneaky line between the brows and the never-to-be-hidden-from acne.

So, I am thinking about the cleansing cream, oxygen face, vk2, vk3 and mild scrub. Then I will without a doubt branch out to the body products, as the hair bleaching effect alone sounds tempting when you are porcelain skinned with very dark hair.

Any results on stretch marks? I have such a slew of beauty issues I could seriously write a book about my woes. Rolling Eyes

Sharkbait, thanks for posting the patent. I'm certain that won't be enough proof for those that want to convince everyone that KH has no scientific backing and so, must not actually work; however, I do know that my skin has never looked better (it becomes more and more radiant every day; just ask Blues) and as Blues pointed out earlier, the line is much more popular in Europe as the US distribution is only now catching on.

Vonstella is using the Silhouette Cream for stretch marks so hopefully, she'll chime in, if she's gotten any results so far. I'd suggest rolling with a 1.0mm CIT roller prior to using something to get the most bang BUT use it alone for awhile first before making the penetration more intense with rolling.

Your choices are good but take care using the VK2 or VK3 (primarily for spot treatment). I'd start w/the Oxygen as your main overall treatment and then move up to the VK2. I use VK2 happily and also Oxygen for my mini-facials or whenever the mood strikes me.

The Mild Scrub is great as is the Cleansing Cream - you will probably really like both. Since you have dry skin, you might consider asking for samples of the oil (if they have it) and the Vitamin H, too.

ETA: Good idea, Sis - calling JoElla. She's a great help!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:

Both Uma Thurman and Renée Zellwegger are fans of Karin Herzog. Could be one of the reasons that their skin looks so radiant because mine is beginning to take on the very same glow. My latest comparison pics (left is with NO concealer or MMU - only mascara and L2K color; right is w/one light dusting MMU, blush, L2K color, mascara, liner and eye shadow):

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Oh, dangle Umas skin in front of me, will you? :hits order button:
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:
Oh, dangle Umas skin in front of me, will you? :hits order button:

LMAO. Rumor has it, that Uma uses the Silhouette and Tonus. That is my next order. Darn these graduation parties that are sucking up all my money.

Sharkbait, please, start with the Oxy face and maybe VK1, cleansing cream or milk. With your dry skin I'm afraid you'd be asking for trouble using the VK2 right out of the box. Scally is right, VK3 is spot treatment only.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Oh Sharkbait, you are too funny. Love the name by the way. I have to put my chime in for the essential mask- it is heavenly.

Well ladies, here I am the morning after. I started with the cleansing milk- which I really like. Next time I will probably order the cleansing cream just to see which I prefer. In the evening i will try a little srcub mixed in to see how I like that laso. But my skin was clean with absolutely no drying.

I was anxious to see how my face looked in the mirror this am. I can report that my pores are certainly less noticeable, and the few pimples on my chin from my monthly breakout are much improved, no longer red, will just need a dab of concealor on the one. My nose was shiny with oil, but that is usually the case with my forehead and chin also and they were fine.

And my neck! I had noticed yesterday after doing up my face that my neck was looking OLD- if you know what I mean, like reptile skin-uggh. Okay, I have badly neglected it- now with t-shirts instead of turtlenecks it is showing. This morning it looks great-soft and supple I guess would be the words. Of course probably anything was bound to improve it but I did a little experiment on my hands, which are beginning to look older this year. On my left I used the VitaK1 on my right my usual hand cream. The left hand is looking much better, definately firmer and with fewer wrinkles.

Overall my skin just feels wonderful, and the fragrance brings back sweet memories of summers with my grandmother who was a beautiful Swedish woman.

The only real problem is now I am tempted by the body care products...

I am using the day protection over the vitaK1 today, will see how that goes and let you know what I think.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Tuningmyheart,
Mercy! I've been worried about you. Thought maybe you'd been attacked by the free radicals after using the products last night. Laughing The smell doesn't faze me at all but some people find it off putting. Scents are funny that way. So far so good. You will love the smell of the cleansing cream. I'm hoping Yogi gets her Choco soon so we can get the low down.

ETA: My eye cream FINALLY went out yesterday.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Thank for your help, ladies!
Scala, you bloody well look better without makeup! Look at that skin!

As for the whole whole pro-con debate, I for one know that I have used some pretty questionable ingredients from otc products in my time, and there seems to be a difference between hp in oil-in-water emulsions and the hp in watery products. Though, I wouldnt be able to say why..

It seems rather silly to order a Swiss product from the US and ship it to Norway, but the prices are quite horrendous here, at least $30 more per product. (Unless some of you other euro-gals has found a good source? Do spill.)
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 7:12 am      Reply with quote
I need some assurance please. I am currently using Cellbone, NCN, Cellex-C Products and Mama Lotion and finally at almost 60, my skin is really starting to look GREAT! I have also just started FlexEffect. I have large pores, rosacea, sagging but it is finally all coming together for me. Do I walk away from what is working for me to Karin Herzog? I e-mailed 2 suppliers of Karin Herzog and both have recommended the Vita A Kombi 2 and I also am thinking of ordering Vita A Kombi Oil, Vitamin H and the Professional Cleansing Cream. Is there anything else that I should consider? I don't want to take any steps backwards in my quest for the greatest complexion I have ever had!!!!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 7:15 am      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
I need some assurance please. I am currently using Cellbone, NCN, Cellex-C Products and Mama Lotion and finally at almost 60, my skin is really starting to look GREAT! I have also just started FlexEffect. I have large pores, rosacea, sagging but it is finally all coming together for me. Do I walk away from what is working for me to Karin Herzog? I e-mailed 2 suppliers of Karin Herzog and both have recommended the Vita A Kombi 2 and I also am thinking of ordering Vita A Kombi Oil, Vitamin H and the Professional Cleansing Cream. Is there anything else that I should consider? I don't want to take any steps backwards in my quest for the greatest complexion I have ever had!!!!

Geez Stovetop, if you've got something working for you now, why move to something else? Stick with what works for you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 7:22 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
stovetop wrote:

Geez Stovetop, if you've got something working for you now, why move to something else? Stick with what works for you.

Agreed. I'd stick with what works for you, as well. The reason I decided to switch to Karin Herzog is that I had been using my routine staples for 2.5 years and had decided to shelve most of my acids (except for occasional Retin-A use).

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 7:59 am      Reply with quote
I agree- if it is providing the desired results why switch, unless you are of us skin care junkies who just cannot resist Laughing
I am trying this becuase my skin needs are changing and I was looking for something to meet these new issues when I discovered the wonderful world of EDS.

Blues- you put a smile in my heart! attack of the free radicals....

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:
Thank for your help, ladies!
Scala, you bloody well look better without makeup! Look at that skin!

It seems rather silly to order a Swiss product from the US and ship it to Norway, but the prices are quite horrendous here, at least $30 more per product. (Unless some of you other euro-gals has found a good source? Do spill.)

Sharkbait, thanks, girl. Listen, I had high hopes when starting this line but have to admit that I had NO idea how great it would actually be. I am over the moon by how much improvement has happened in 5 weeks and you have to know that I have been a long-term skin care improvement junkie for almost 3 years now.

With the US $ as it is right now (thanks, sarcastically, Mr. Bush), you're probably better off ordering from here and putting up with the shipping since it should work out to your favor in the end.

Update on the Tonic Lotion, I've decided it is also responsible for breakouts on my rebellious skin. So, for me, the VK Oil and Tonic Lotion are out. If anyone is interested in them, let me know.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 8:24 am      Reply with quote
What do you think is causing a reaction in the tonic? I have very reactive skin myself (hello, atom reactor) which is why I find short ingredients lists appealing, along with the flawless faces seen on this thread.

I am digging through journals via my uni VPN, in search for something to justify yet another spree. I swear, this stuff is like witchcraft with less newt.

Btw, I love the LH concealers/disc, which I promptly bought after returning home from travelling. I would gladly shelve them for your results, though.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:
What do you think is causing a reaction in the tonic? I have very reactive skin myself (hello, atom reactor) which is why I find short ingredients lists appealing, along with the flawless faces seen on this thread.

I am digging through journals via my uni VPN, in search for something to justify yet another spree. I swear, this stuff is like witchcraft with less newt.

Btw, I love the LH concealers/disc, which I promptly bought after returning home from travelling. I would gladly shelve them for your results, though.

Honestly, I've no idea. My skin likes to play games sometimes and does the freak-out dance just to mess with my head. Smile I don't worry about it too much, though, as I know it can happen. I'm okay with using the other products in the KH line - hey, 10 out of 12 ain't bad! LOL Witchcraft with less newt! ROFL but you're right, it is! I'd have been willing to smear boiled newt juice on my face before to get these results, I tell you.

I'd recommend getting samples of any that you're not sure about just to save yourself some trouble.

Re: the Lauren Hutton disc, I use the Passports religiously and have fairly forsaken my other makeup now (except for my beloved Armani #5 blush and NARS Albatross highlighter and Lips2Kiss). I do use my Passports each and every time I put makeup on. Awesome to think about looking good without foundation or concealer on, though, I must admit!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 9:11 am      Reply with quote
stovetop,
I'd been using True Radiance products, eye cream and ultimately Youth Serum and it was ok. I really like those two products but in my reading decided the ingredients might be dicey and I wanted to get away from ALL the acids and actives. I looked into Osmosis and wasn't impressed but the seller also sold KH, JoElla Milan. UGH. Getting to my point here, why don't you order the Professional Cleansing Cream ask for a sample of the VK1 and see how you do. Be VERY careful with your acids though. I'd definitely not use the Mama or NCN on the same day!! please let us know what and how you do.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:

Patent is here:

Just wanted to comment that if you take a look at the patent (available for download or to read directly), the method of oxygen delivery is directly discussed in great detail and cross-referenced by other patents referencing hydrogen peroxide stabilization.

While I hesitate to say, "I told you so" because it's only partially appropriate since I didn't know or understand the scientific support, previously, I wholeheartedly thank Sharkbait for finding and posting the patent link. So now, I told you so. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 10:19 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Sharkbait wrote:

Patent is here:

Just wanted to comment that if you take a look at the patent (available for download or to read directly), the method of oxygen delivery is directly discussed in great detail and cross-referenced by other patents referencing hydrogen peroxide stabilization.

While I hesitate to say, "I told you so" because it's only partially appropriate since I didn't know or understand the scientific support, previously, I wholeheartedly thank Sharkbait for finding and posting the patent link. So now, I told you so. Laughing

Whats intersting about what Shark found was how many other companies attempted to do the same thing and obviously failed. Anyone know of any L'Oreal products using Oxy? Or Cheeseborough Pond? Sharkbait, if you're still reading, can you explain to me how it is that the Herzog's have been able to maintain this patent. I thought the information becomes public property after so long? Anyone else? I'm confuzeled.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Blues, it's possible that there are international patent laws that come into play. I don't necessarily think patents become wide open regardless of where they are filed and do think that the original country of origin affects the status somehow.

Would be interested to hear what others think.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |