Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Would someone, that has tried the line, chime in with results after long term acne? I have ordered my goodies, but being in far away lands kinda puts a dampener on the instant gratification of buying something. So give me your results, ex-spotties!

Scala, you can find Paul Herzogs first patent referenced as well, as the one I linked to was from the 90s when they launched in the US (I think).
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:
Would someone, that has tried the line, chime in with results after long term acne? I have ordered my goodies, but being in far away lands kinda puts a dampener on the instant gratification of buying something. So give me your results, ex-spotties!

Scala, you can find Paul Herzogs first patent referenced as well, as the one I linked to was from the 90s when they launched in the US (I think).

SB, when Vonstella gets back here, she'll comment, I'm sure. I don't have long-term acne but I DO have breakouts from ingredients. I can tell you for certain that the oxygen eradicates in record time. I also use the Oxy Body 3% 2x/day and my back and shoulders have never looked more spectacular as I'm especially prone to the effects of detox (always doing it, I know, I'm nuts).

Thanks for the note on PH's first patent. I saw that - this is very helpful to put the KH oxygen naysayers to rest. Making more pudding...I love it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait,
Yogi has had a battle with acne going on. She's done almost EVERYTHING to battle it and she'll tell you she's not had a breakout since starting the Oxy. She does think its' important to have the oxy face at least once a day. You might pm her. I do know she's busy with errands today but she'll get back to you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Cheers Scala and Blues (my cat, a Russian Blue is called Blues, so I like your name), I cant wait to try this. Im positively giddy. As for patents, US patent law is fing confusing, but heres a link to the Swiss process. http://www.ige.ch/e/patent/p11.shtm
havana8

Tue May 13, 2008 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Can someone maybe see if there is a patent/trademark info etc. for this? (I'm not great a finding this kind of stuff.) It might provide further insight on the whole oxygen topic since they say they have been able to stabilize oxygen in their products.

Oxygen Botanicals™
Our laboratory succeeded in trapping, encapsulating and stabilizing pure Oxygen in our creams and serums, instead of using hydrogen peroxide to inject oxygen into our products.

P8N8 Bio Energized Oxygen™
The creation of the P8N8 Bio Energized Oxygen™ products has come about for many reasons. These products have been designed to enhance the feel and improve the appearance of your skin. This product line harnesses one of the earth’s most abundant elements… pure Oxygen. The benefits of P8N8 Bio Energized Oxygen™ products are:
- P8N8 delivers the necessary raw materials and nutrients that the skin requires to replenish itself,
- P8N8 helps to promote Collagen production,
- P8N8 actually delivers necessary Oxygen and Vitamin A to the cells to assist in cell reparation,
- P8N8 oxidizes free radicals that are associated with aging skin,
- P8N8 kills bacteria and controls acne,
- P8N8 hydrates the skin naturally with pore blockage,
- P8N8 enables the skin to balance its own PH Ievel for a healthy and vibrant complexion,
- P8N8 helps to even out skin tone, for a more natural looking skin,
- P8N8 gently exfoliates the skin without irritation.

http://www.cmicnpmfrs.yp.ca/
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:

About a year and a half ago I began using a product from a (home based) company that many on EDS were using. My skin looked horrible. I began to break out really badly, mostly on my chin and developed a lot of broken caps. The doctor said that I'd developed rosacea. No treatment helped until I began a series of Revitalize peels. The acne got a lot better right after the peel, but would come back. Then I started the Oxy Face. The breakouts are gone. Occasionally I'll get one, but I go back to the Oxy, and it's gone. I think it's more effective then the Vita 2 for breakouts. Now I'm hoping that the caps improve.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 10:51 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
Occasionally I'll get one, but I go back to the Oxy, and it's gone. I think it's more effective then the Vita 2 for breakouts. Now I'm hoping that the caps improve.

Totally agree re: the Oxygen Face Cream being more effective to heal breakouts. I don't get them, though, unless I fiddle around with products (the Tonic and Oil being the latest tests that caused me to breakout) but mine are already healing fast.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Yogi, thats great news! Now, if you have dehydrated skin with some large pores, a few broken caps and fancy looking like Uma, we could be skin-twins. Laughing

Now, I still dont get how that non-remarkable, to some offensive, ingredient list can accomplish all that it does, but I sure as hell will not let it pass me by with all of the great results I have read about. I have sifted through a gazillion reviews in Internetland and while a few had meh results, most were positive but hardly any has any adverse reactions. Time to get the travel skin off, and bring on the Uma!
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:
Yogi, thats great news! Now, if you have dehydrated skin with some large pores, a few broken caps and fancy looking like Uma, we could be skin-twins. Laughing

Combo, mostly dry skin with lots of broken caps. I guess I have a ways to go before I look like Uma! (maybe next lifetime. sigh)
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Havana, I tried looking but am coming up empty. You know me though, sometimes I'm on in the search game, sometimes not. LOL.

Sharkbait, my guess is that you'll be saying goodbye to that dehydrated skin. I cannot wait for you to get your products. How long will it take?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:

Now, I still dont get how that non-remarkable, to some offensive, ingredient list can accomplish all that it does, but I sure as hell will not let it pass me by with all of the great results I have read about. I have sifted through a gazillion reviews in Internetland and while a few had meh results, most were positive but hardly any has any adverse reactions. Time to get the travel skin off, and bring on the Uma!

ROFLMAO, Sharkbait! Too funny! Don't think too much can be surmised from just an ingredient list - it only gives you so much and is scarce detailed at that. It's the "how" do it do what it do to me (sing song voice) that's the real magic. As you earlier pointed out, witchcraft w/less newt (or maybe more) but ultimately, who cares since it works? Yeah? I'm gonna sacrifice a small rodent to keep it coming, just in case. Laughing

Bring on the Uma!!! I second you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Blues
Ack, who knows. By the time JoElla ships, it will be anything from one to two weeks, and then some if customs get their grabby little hands on my precious. :pouts:

But hey, at least it is coming, right?

Scala
Guess Uma didnt see this coming when she sued Lancome for using her image past contrract, eh? A whole forum full of Umas! Wheres my eye of newt?

Yogi,
I cant wait to see if I get the same results as you did. And to think I avoided this thread for so long..
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Just want to say - A big Hooray to Sharkbait for saving the day. Our proof has arrived. Very Happy

Like you all my skin looks divine. Thanks to KH. I'm amazed - beyond amazed. This line is a miracle and I'm happy to be sharing it with you all. The enlightened ones! Laughing
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 11:13 am      Reply with quote
The enlightened ones, I love it. Talk about a double entendre. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for the sound advice. It is time for me to place orders with Cellbone and NCN - but I think I will give my skin a rest from actives also and give Karin Herzog a try. What about Emu Oil? - is that something I should be giving up with Karin Herzog?? If after trying Karin Herzog and I decide to go back to my current routine - would there be any foreseeable problems?
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait- just want to say thanks for posting the link for the patent- I finally got a chance to sit down and read through it. Quite an interesting read for understanding how KH products work.
Thanks again...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 11:19 am      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
Thanks everyone for the sound advice. It is time for me to place orders with Cellbone and NCN - but I think I will give my skin a rest from actives also and give Karin Herzog a try. What about Emu Oil? - is that something I should be giving up with Karin Herzog?? If after trying Karin Herzog and I decide to go back to my current routine - would there be any foreseeable problems?

I can't imagine why you would. I think if you choose products wisely based on your skin, you should be ok. Stovetop, I got greedy and decided to do my loved NCN pumpkin mask one night and had a disaster. That's why I warned you about the acids. I think most of us here who've used acids are glad we have moved on. Somehow, the skin looks more alive without them. I know that vonstella was using Cellbone C and gave it up and hasn't looked back. I'm sure there is a way to use it though should you decide you want it. Please keep us updated.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I must be getting senile, because I cannot remember if this has been discussed. It is a bloody long thread!

On this page there is a lot of info, though much if it i blurb. http://www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/web/knowledge/index.htm

However, for us newbies with short attention span - ie the ones who forget page 1-25 while reading page 26, the routines page might help.
http://www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/web/knowledge/look-after-your-skin.htm
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Sharkbait thanks for the link to the regimens- I was going to go searching for how to do that massage and voila' powerwashing now that sounds impressive doesn't it?

I looked over the recommendation for sun routines- looks like i will be placing another order as it is recommended that you start this three weeks before your holiday...

has anyone with experience with the eye cream had any sensitivity issues? i have not found one yet that does not cause burning, itchy sensations.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Powerwashing sounds mighty good. It must be like ocm, just not really?

Anywhoo, to calm myself with regard to the mineral oil, which is a bit scary to me, I found some info on a swedish KH site. It states that KH uses something called US pharmacy grade mineral oil, which apparently is not pore clogging like cosmetic grade. True? I dunno, but I feel better.

With regard to the hp, I inclined to trust the whole propelling oxygen into the dermis-stuff, on account that KH is the only oxygen line that has proven to increase O2 levels in the skin. So if that is plausible, then I guess that this whole propelling business bringing with it VitA ang glucose to feed the cells is plausible as well.

Some studies I have seen (do google this though) said that cells selfregulate glucose levels, ie if glucoselevels in blood are high, cells take in less and vice versa. So in this high-glycemic day and age, high glucose levels in the blood combined with less capillary action with age could mean that cells are in need of this glucose? As for acne, there is somewhat of a link to high blood glucose levels, so.. Ok, enough blabbering. I want my products, dang it.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Can someone maybe see if there is a patent/trademark info etc. for this? (I'm not great a finding this kind of stuff.) It might provide further insight on the whole oxygen topic since they say they have been able to stabilize oxygen in their products.

Oxygen Botanicals™
Our laboratory succeeded in trapping, encapsulating and stabilizing pure Oxygen in our creams and serums, instead of using hydrogen peroxide to inject oxygen into our products.

P8N8 Bio Energized Oxygen™
The creation of the P8N8 Bio Energized Oxygen™ products has come about for many reasons. These products have been designed to enhance the feel and improve the appearance of your skin. This product line harnesses one of the earth’s most abundant elements… pure Oxygen. The benefits of P8N8 Bio Energized Oxygen™ products are:
- P8N8 delivers the necessary raw materials and nutrients that the skin requires to replenish itself,
- P8N8 helps to promote Collagen production,
- P8N8 actually delivers necessary Oxygen and Vitamin A to the cells to assist in cell reparation,
- P8N8 oxidizes free radicals that are associated with aging skin,
- P8N8 kills bacteria and controls acne,
- P8N8 hydrates the skin naturally with pore blockage,
- P8N8 enables the skin to balance its own PH Ievel for a healthy and vibrant complexion,
- P8N8 helps to even out skin tone, for a more natural looking skin,
- P8N8 gently exfoliates the skin without irritation.

http://www.cmicnpmfrs.yp.ca/

Just googled this - it appears that the P8N8 is patent pending (its a Canadian company). I have actually got the P8N8 Discovery pack (as although I love the results of KH I liked the idea of a mineral oil free version and I am dreadful at 'needing' new stuff to try LOL!) and did a side by side comparison of Vita A Apricot and the P8N8 Complex 1 - I applied a 1" square of each on the inside of my arm as directed (without massage) then left it for 2 mins -- BOTH left brighter paler area's of skin where it had been applied.
I have been using the Vita A Apricot am and pm but am trying the complex 1 (lighter in texture than the KH) under my SPF in the mornings and using KH inthe evenings so will let you know how I get on.
I also got some Silhouette off Ebay and have been using it on my hands (I have horses so they suffer bumps grazes and the great outdoors!) and I am amazed how quickly cuts/grazes heal and how much improved the texture of my hands are (I leave to soak in then apply Shea butter over the top).

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
That's great that you're experimenting, Lucia. I know some are squiggy about the mineral oil so this could be a good alternative. I looked at the website quickly but I'll look again later when I have more time. I couldn't find a patent in the US.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Re trademark

Would I be completely wrong to assume that it is the US distributor, SkinKinetics LLC, that would hold the trademark? On the terms page on karinherzonusa.com, unauthorized use of trademark is mentioned, but that doesnt necessarily mean that there is one? I swear, I am getting more stupid by the second.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
That's great that you're experimenting, Lucia. I know some are squiggy about the mineral oil so this could be a good alternative. I looked at the website quickly but I'll look again later when I have more time. I couldn't find a patent in the US.

Its more habit really - I always found that mineral oil made me break out which the KH did initially (those hard bumps everyone was talking about) although they do seem to have stopped appearing now. I kept on with the KH as I like the overall improvement in my skin but ordered the P8N8 in the meantime thinking it was the mineral oil causing the bumps (as it usually does).

Either way my skin looks better than it has for AGES!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Its more habit really - I always found that mineral oil made me break out which the KH did initially (those hard bumps everyone was talking about) although they do seem to have stopped appearing now. I kept on with the KH as I like the overall improvement in my skin but ordered the P8N8 in the meantime thinking it was the mineral oil causing the bumps (as it usually does).

Either way my skin looks better than it has for AGES!

Awesome, Lucia. That's what most everyone seems to experience. I'm intrigued by the make up with oxygen that P8N8 is selling. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it on the website. I'm doing so well that I'm not going to try the skincare but the make up is interesting.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |