Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Hey SL,
Long time since we've been in the same thread. Laughing I had to laugh as I did exactly what they told you NOT to do. Laughing I tried Oxy face and then Essential mask. Anyway, I've got some questions if you don't mind. What exactly happens if you find the VK2 is too much for you twice a day? I think I'm still adjusting as our climate here in the midwest has been crazy. I'm making a note to call KHusa today to see if I can locate a spa/salon doing facials in Chicago. Thanks for the information and kind words.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 9:21 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I am one of the oily skin girls and what I find amazing is how these products work for all of us. THank you to Scottslass for the advice on the chocolate cleansing cream and for making me have to have (right now!) the Vitamin H.

Isn't it nice to know we can all use this product - just differently in when we apply it (before or after VK's)... As someone oily I will apply before the VK2 and see how that goes. Sounds like dry skin is better with the reverse.

Hi Sis - I think you'll like the Chocolate Cleansing Cream, especially if you like the Professional version. I can't help but laugh because I can totally relate to the feeling of wanting some KH products "right now!" - LOL! I was given a little KH booklet along with my bag of sample goodies and it has proven to be very helpful when it comes to detailing how certain products can be used together, or applied under or over other products (in the KH line). Interesting enough, this booklet also lists the three different ways that the Vit-H Cream can be used (as described in marina's post above and in the EDS online store). I must say that I really, really like the Vit-H Cream a lot and am duly impressed that it is so multi-faceted.

Just to be a royal 'enabler', I'm going to list some excerpts about the wonderful benefits of this cream because it contains a vital ingredient that virtually no other skin care line on the planet offers (that's right, the planet!). Not to keep you in suspense, LOL, but that magical and rare ingredient is, you guessed it, Vitamin H!!!

------------------------------------------------
Vitamin H Cream (excerpts from http://www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/pdf/A5-Vitamin-h-cream.pdf and the Karin Herzog product booklet)

A super light, non-occlusive, nourishing day and/or night cream that promotes naturally beautiful skin, well toned muscles, and anti-free-radical protection. Without being oily, this unique formula is rich in rare but wonderfully therapeutic natural vitamins, minerals, and proteins that are simply not found naturally in abundance in the skin as we age. The ideal companion to the ever popular Vita-A-Kombi, this cream provides additional much needed essential ingredients that the skin recognizes and quickly utilizes. The result? Soft, fresh skin with fine lines visibly reduced and a luminous glow and clarity to the complexion. Beneficial for all skin types, but especially those over the age of 30, and those with devitalised under nourished skin.

Vitamin H - A closer look...
A rare vitamin not typically found in a skin care line due to it's scarcity. In fact the Herzog Laboratory in Switzerland have, at this time, secured the world's supply of this key raw material, making this line a true Herzog exclusive. (WOW!) Doctors have long since recognized the fact that if Vitamin H (Biotin) is found in insufficient amounts in the body, it can lead to Eczema, Dermatitis, Psoriasis, and other skin complaints. With this in mind, the fact that this essential vitamin has not been included in any other skin care range, is further evidence of the rarity of this raw material.

Key Ingredients in Vitamin H (Made easier to understand with brief explanations!):
Beta-carotene (a natural source of Vitamin A without the allergic tendencies), Vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12 (essential energy vitamins to accelerate cellular renewal), Soya Protein (a natural protection and fortifying ingredient to comfort and nurture the skin), Essential Rosewood (to delicately soften, calm and hydrate, with proven anti-aging lifting properties), and a rare and natural Vitamin H (recognised by doctors as a vital element, so essential to the skin and contributes towards a better natural defence against potential cosmetic problems in the skin).
------------------------------------------------

Looking forward to your thoughts about this cream once you receive a sample and test it out a bit, Sis!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Oh, man.........!

hi everybody. You dont know how hard I have tried not to read this thread and do the inevitable and reach for my credit card.... Cool

I just bought a set of NIA24 products to use through the summer.

Now I read ScotsLass is losing pigmentation with this line as well as you all getting Uma Thurman skin...and here I am! (with my prominent freckle still sitting atop my nose, Scots!)

I am really interested and impressed that all you skin afficionado's are giving such a strong to this line, and so........ now I need to figure out which KH products would be good for my pretty normal, sun damaged 48 year old skin...

The Nia24 is really good, my skin is looking nice, evening out and pores barely noticable, but no change in sun damage or broken veins. It doesnt sound like the KH product line would work with the Nia24... it's a line primarily to be used alone, apart from the mask, right?

Does anybody use it alongside any other products? I'm wondering quite how to begin my KH adventure..

Thanks for drawing this to our attention, Blues. It all is very exciting.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 9:50 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Scally - MMU recommendations????

Sis, my fave is Laura Mercier MMU because it has pearl powder in it (also matte). I use the Vanilla Silk (I think; not at home so can't look at mine). Another option that I like is Lure Beauty's MMU, which I tried earlier this year and it has a pretty glow. However, now that I've got a natural glow with KH, I don't think I'd opt for their Luminous version - BTW, I stopped using it due to the warmer weather and was not able to find a matte that had golden undertones so went back to Laura Mercier. I'd hoped to avoid spending $45 on it again but I have plenty to last a long while and especially since I'm using so little these days, again thanks to KH.

It's good to be enlightened. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 9:56 am      Reply with quote
It shipped, it shipped. *squee*
Is it to early to camp out at the mailbox, you think? Very offence breakouts are mocking the international shipping times. *adds newt*
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 10:05 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
What exactly happens if you find the VK2 is too much for you twice a day?

Blue, how do you know if 2x day is too much for you? Just curious... whispering...cuz I just ordered some. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:
It shipped, it shipped. *squee*
Is it to early to camp out at the mailbox, you think? Very offence breakouts are mocking the international shipping times. *adds newt*

Laughing You crack me up, Sharkbait.

Bethany, I have oily skin but do use the VK2 2x/day and it's great for me. Can't remember but do you have dry skin like Blues?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I have dry skin and use the VK2 twice a day.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 10:36 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Hey SL,
Long time since we've been in the same thread. Laughing I had to laugh as I did exactly what they told you NOT to do. Laughing I tried Oxy face and then Essential mask. Anyway, I've got some questions if you don't mind. What exactly happens if you find the VK2 is too much for you twice a day? I think I'm still adjusting as our climate here in the midwest has been crazy. I'm making a note to call KHusa today to see if I can locate a spa/salon doing facials in Chicago. Thanks for the information and kind words.

Hey Blues - Long time is right! Wink As someone who is NOT inclined to go completely ga-ga over an ENTIRE skin care line, I just had to let you know how much I am taken with these products. Which I would NEVER have considered using if it hadn't been for your review and the incredible experiences of others in this thread. So it just wouldn't be right if I didn't pop in here and let you and everyone else know how I'm making out with the line and also how thankful I am to you girls! Cool

Oh my, that's too funny about doing the reverse of what I was advised to do when you first started using the products. I'm pretty certain the decision was made to hold back on the masks, in my case, because my skin was so over-reactive 4+ weeks ago (I had some really odd dry patches on my face and unusual tiny blemishes that were quite the mystery because they weren't acne-related). Now that all of that nonsense has subsided (wipes brow with relief!), I am totally psyched to dive into testing both the EM and OM Drool .

I wish I could help you out further regarding the exact symptoms that might occur if you haven't adjusted to using the VK2 twice a day, but I've yet to experience anything odd as I've only begun to use it once a day at the moment (at night, followed by some Vit-H Cream on top). The general rule of thumb, based on the estheticians advice to me, is to cut back to once a day with any Vita-Kombi cream if you detect anything odd (dryness, break-outs, etc). When I was struggling with the Vita-A-Apricot, I used it alone at night and the Vitamin H Cream alone in the AM. Once my skin began to adjust to my satisfaction, I continued to use the Vita-A-Apricot at night and re-introduced VK1 into my AM routine and added some Vit-H Cream on top. This combination (of VK1+Vit-H) is really effective, IMO, and completely non-irritating. For whatever reason, my skin seems to favor 1% oxygen in the AM and 2% oxygen (either VAA or VK2) at night. If I find I'm encountering any problems with the VK2 twice a day, once I ramp up to that, I may simply revert back to using both the VK1 and VK2 once each per day and stick to that routine for a while.

Are you having difficulties adjusting to the VK2 twice a day? Are you using the Vitamin H Cream under or over the VK2 yet (or any moisturizer on top or below the VK2)? And lastly, have you tried the Vita-A-Kombi Facial Oil under the VK2? My little booklet doesn't bother to mention the Apricot Facial Oil, for some reason, but it does hail the Vita-A-Kombi oil as very beneficial under the VK2 - especially for dry skin types or those in a cold climate.

Excellent idea about calling the KH-USA site for salon and spa rec's (this is what I did for Canada). As the official Distributors of the line in the States, they will definitely be able to direct you to a spa or salon in your area that offers KH products and facials. Hope you find a spa close to home!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 11:08 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Oh, man.........!

hi everybody. You dont know how hard I have tried not to read this thread and do the inevitable and reach for my credit card.... Cool

Now I read ScotsLass is losing pigmentation with this line as well as you all getting Uma Thurman skin...and here I am! (with my prominent freckle still sitting atop my nose, Scots!)

I am really interested and impressed that all you skin afficionado's are giving such a strong to this line, and so........ now I need to figure out which KH products would be good for my pretty normal, sun damaged 48 year old skin...

The Nia24 is really good, my skin is looking nice, evening out and pores barely noticable, but no change in sun damage or broken veins. It doesnt sound like the KH product line would work with the Nia24... it's a line primarily to be used alone, apart from the mask, right?

Does anybody use it alongside any other products? I'm wondering quite how to begin my KH adventure..

Hi Catski,
As you know, I'm fond of the NIA line so I think you have some options regarding using what you've ordered. Should you decide to try the KH, I'd let yourself get adjusted to it and then try adding your NIA alternating days like some of the girls do with the 302. I mentioned earlier today in a post that after using NCN's pumpkin mask I had some stinging with the NIA sunscreen but now that I'm past that I'm using the sunscreen and not having a problem. Another option, again after being accustomed to the KH would be to use NIA in the am and KH at night. The UK is a great source of salons using KH so take advantage girl! Let us know, ok?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Boy, I leave you guys alone for a little while and you fill up more than three pages of post Laughing

I was hoping, for us newbies, that you experienced gals could tell us once again about how to apply the vitak creams as it is a very different approach. I know it was covered back in the recesses of the thread somewhere, but maybe it is time to refresh this as there seems to be a new batch of us now.

Oh, I did a facial this morning- that powerwashing is simply divine- and what a way to relieve the stress of a night full of severe storms and tornado warnings. My face looked so good afterward I went to the store with just mascara and a little lipcolor- a guy actually turned his head and took a long look, and I thought thankyou KH- its been a long time...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 11:15 am      Reply with quote
SL,
For awhile I was using the Vita K apricot in the mornings and the VK2 at night which has worked nicely. However, I'd really like to go the no acids approach and so finished my sample and went back to VK2. I'm not having dryness but yesterday I had a blemish and that doesn't happen to me. It might be the change in products but I was curious if you'd been told what could happen. I might push through and see what happens, lab rat that I am. I do have the Vita oil an used it in the beginning when I started the VKombis. Let's see, I use the H under my kombi's, per JoElla's instructions. In spite of the blemish, skin is looking awesome. I have to laugh because I asked my son to take a pic and when I told him what it was for, he refused.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 11:15 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Oh, man.........!

Oh no, Catski, those nasty nose freckles are truly annoying, aren't they! Especially since I know, with some certainty now, where my own NEW hyperpigmentation issues on my nose and face have originated from (definitely from using CP's and AHA peels - I have since stopped using both products for 2-3 months now!). I also have a slew of travel-size NIA24 products to use, but got side-tracked with the KH line and didn't want to confuse the situation by bouncing back and forth between the two lines at the same time. I will say that I tried to use the NIA24 sunscreen in the AM after applying some KH products, and my skin reacted oddly (funny blemish things started to erupt again). Perhaps my skin hasn't gone through the adjustment phase that is necessary with the NIA24 range, and this is why I began to react so much to the sunscreen (which seemed fine before I began KH...hmmm).

How long have you been using the NIA line now? This is just a suggestion, so take what you want and leave the rest, but since you've been using the NIA line with such good results I would be tempted to continue using them for a solid 90 days, then re-assess if you want to switch to KH for an exclusive period of time to see if your skin improves further. I cannot get a clear answer on incorporating outside products into the KH line, other than a nod to use Vitamin C Serum. The Niacin in the NIA range is pretty powerful stuff, too. Somehow my intuition is saying that these two lines are not that interchangeable or compatible together. Of course you could always order a few KH samples and test things out to be sure! Wink OR, contact NIA24 about oxygen related products and see what they say, OR, contact KH in the UK and ask them if niacin-based products are compatible with their line. You have a real advantage over most people in the USA (or even Canada) because there are WAY more salons and spa's carrying the Karin Herzog line in your neck of the woods! Why not check out the KH-UK website and see if a salon/spa is near you, then call them and ask a few questions about compatibility. If the salon/spa doesn't have a clue (which is possible as many are not familiar with Niacin), at least ask them if they'll supply you with some KH samples to test out. I don't know where in the UK you live, but Scally tried a KH facial in a spa in the Birmingham area that she liked (I think?), so perhaps you can contact them for some advice.

Sorry, not much help here!

ETA: Oops!! Shock I see that Bluesheart has said several of the same things I have - just ignore any repitition in my response!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I have a question for y'all;
This morning when i woke up my nose and chin and in between were quite oily. Is this part of the adjustment? Do you think I should use the vitak1 just once a day at first? It was just my nose yesterday, which was my first morning after....

I am doing a very basic for starters, cleansing milk, vitak1, and during the day adding day protection. really like how myskin is feeling, just do not want ot wake up an oily blob.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 11:49 am      Reply with quote
tuningmyheart wrote:
I have a question for y'all;
This morning when i woke up my nose and chin and in between were quite oily. Is this part of the adjustment? Do you think I should use the vitak1 just once a day at first? It was just my nose yesterday, which was my first morning after....

I am doing a very basic for starters, cleansing milk, vitak1, and during the day adding day protection. really like how myskin is feeling, just do not want ot wake up an oily blob.

Tuning, recommendation is once a day, for two weeks, don't rush it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 11:51 am      Reply with quote
okey dokey, thanks blue

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
SL,
For awhile I was using the Vita K apricot in the mornings and the VK2 at night which has worked nicely. However, I'd really like to go the no acids approach and so finished my sample and went back to VK2. I'm not having dryness but yesterday I had a blemish and that doesn't happen to me. It might be the change in products but I was curious if you'd been told what could happen. I might push through and see what happens, lab rat that I am. I do have the Vita oil an used it in the beginning when I started the VKombis. Let's see, I use the H under my kombi's, per JoElla's instructions. In spite of the blemish, skin is looking awesome. I have to laugh because I asked my son to take a pic and when I told him what it was for, he refused.

LOL! Boys!!! You gotta love 'em - I think ALL of them (including the big boys Wink ) are quite dismissive when it comes to the importance of before and after "skin care" pic's! I've taken to setting the timer on my camera for my B&A snaps so that I can take some on my own, as my other half thinks I'm totally NUTS for chronicling any possible changes in my skin with the products I've been using. This new habit of mine is completely bizarre to him! Laughing

Other than dialing things back to once a day with the VK2, I was not instructed what to expect if things go wrong. I was only told what to do in the event I notice anything odd that persists in some unpleasant way. Your plan to push through and continue with the VK2 twice a day sounds good, as this current episode might be some temporary side-effect from discontinuing the Vita-A-Apricot. For me, I found the Vita-A-Apricot to be quite finicky and my skin didn't adjust so easily to it in the beginning. I experienced a few episodes of break-outs during the first week or so until a 'balance' was finally established. So it may be possible that the same thing can happen when you discontinue it. Your skin might be temporarily off balance as it acclimates to it's new environment that no longer has all of the extra ingredients that are in the Vita-A-Apricot. The next time I speak with my esthetician, I will be certain to ask her about these odd occurrences and if the Vita-A-Apricot and/or the VK2 is more prone to cause break-outs when you start-up and/or stop using these products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks SL. Problem at my end is that I cannot figure out the picture thing on my own. My instructions came in spanish. LOL.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Anytime! What brand & model of camera are you using? You never know, maybe somebody here has the same one and can walk you through the setting you are looking for.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 12:26 pm      Reply with quote

Meet Noelle Palmisano-Herzog, daughter of Karin and Paul. She, and the other daughter, Paulina, are running the company, from what I gather. Now, she has won the genetic lottery of course, but look at the sisters ! Heeeelo! I might Vk2 mine into oblivion..

If anyone speaks korean, please could you check if this page has anything interesting? Babelfish made a thorough mess out of it. http://dailycosmetic.com/Contents/Section/viewNews.asp?item_seq=19886
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
OMG! She is a spitting image of her Mother; what an attractive lady! And wow, the Swiss really do have some amazing, ahem, *alps*, don't they, hee,hee! Wink Of course never-ending access to VK2 and Vit-H Cream and all the other oxygen skin care products for the body has to have it's advantages! I wonder if the sisters have been bathing in the stuff since childhood - I know I would if I was an heir to the KH empire!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my, I just re-read my last post and want to clarify something. When I said, "I wonder if the sisters have been bathing in the stuff since childhood", I literally meant KH's daughters since they have such beautiful skin from head-to-toe. I wasn't referring to the "sistas", if you know what I mean! Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
Oh my, I just re-read my last post and want to clarify something. When I said, "I wonder if the sisters have been bathing in the stuff since childhood", I literally meant KH's daughters since they have such beautiful skin from head-to-toe. I wasn't referring to the "sistas", if you know what I mean! Embarassed

LOL. That one never occurred to me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Bethany, I have oily skin but do use the VK2 2x/day and it's great for me. Can't remember but do you have dry skin like Blues?

Scal, I have combination skin...drier cheeks with oily t-zone. Rolling Eyes

I was just wondering what side effects she was seeing so I could keep an eye out for them.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |