Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 7:04 am      Reply with quote
tuningmyheart wrote:
Nimue, I may be speaking out of turn here, being fairly new to EDS, but I would say fire away with your questions, I think we all here like to talk about what we are experiencing with Kh and I for one have not tired of sharing it with others- I mean with a household full of guys, it is great to have ladies to talk with about skin care who actually give a rip. Laughing

Ha! Yeah. I don't talk about anything beauty related anywhere but here! (Besides giving my family and friends advice when they ask for it) Such a great outlet.
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Nimue- this is a good place to start for getting info, finding answers to general questions- I have found the uk site quite beneficial.

http://www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/web/knowledge/index.htm

also on the menu to the left there is a button for skin clinic- I had an email back within a week with their recommendations for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Hey ladies, did any of you read the MUA reviews? I did before I started the line but I recently went back to read them and darn did I get a chuckle out of it. I couldn't believe how some people were using products, ie totally wrong products, using them incorrectly, ect.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 9:52 am      Reply with quote
I did the same BluesHeart before I decided to order. Now that I am "in the know" it was funny to reread some of these- those gals must not have had such wonderful support to learn the ropes as I have had here...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 10:03 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Hey ladies, did any of you read the MUA reviews? I did before I started the line but I recently went back to read them and darn did I get a chuckle out of it. I couldn't believe how some people were using products, ie totally wrong products, using them incorrectly, ect.

Yes and they spoke with such authority. LOL.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Nimue, why don't you tell us your skin concerns and what you're looking for, what you've tried already (what's worked; what hasn't) and people experienced with the KH line can give feedback. That way, it's personalized to you v. just questions that may have already been answered.

Just my suggestion. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 11:15 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Nimue, why don't you tell us your skin concerns and what you're looking for, what you've tried already (what's worked; what hasn't) and people experienced with the KH line can give feedback. That way, it's personalized to you v. just questions that may have already been answered.

I don't want to mislead anyone. At the moment I'm not seriously considering this line at all. I'm happy with the routine I have and it's working for me.

Basically I'm just curious. I can't help it! It's scientific curiousity. This is a line of products that really work for people and I just don't understand how/why. It's driving me crazy!

It's the scientific method... I'm not going to reject the result from an experiment just because I didn't expect it and don't understand it.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Then, Nimue, I suggest you DO take the time to read the thread. Maybe a page at a day...

Most of us posting here are not scientists. What you will read here are anecdotal stories with some links to scientific papers, etc. You can be the scientist Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
lunarmm wrote:

I don't want to mislead anyone. At the moment I'm not seriously considering this line at all. I'm happy with the routine I have and it's working for me.

Basically I'm just curious. I can't help it! It's scientific curiousity. This is a line of products that really work for people and I just don't understand how/why. It's driving me crazy!

It's the scientific method... I'm not going to reject the result from an experiment just because I didn't expect it and don't understand it.

Perhaps Nimue, you should write the people who are responsible for this remarkable line. Btw, the BeautyBrains arn't always correct. Time after time they denied the possibility of growth from factors in the Jan Marini and REvitalash products, imho, they made real a$$'s of themselves regarding those two products. If they'd admitted their errors, I'd understand but instead they've ignored it. If you learn something of consequence, let us know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 11:29 am      Reply with quote
LOL, BeautyBrains compared the Clarisonic to using St. Ives Apricot Scrub! Rolling Eyes Plus, it looked from what was written that the person who wrote the review used the brush once...

Regarding info, always remember to consider the source Laughing

5% products discount

Mon May 19, 2008 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I don't post often but sure read often. I have just received my KH products VitaK1, cleansing gel, eye cream, and scrub (bought a kit). I have only used the products for two nights and this am. They are somewhat drying to me. 1st question: - instead of purchasing the Skin Oil - do you think using LB Processors EMU Oil and/or Jojoba or Almond Oil will work just as good since I already have them? Also I was using the Skin Biology small trial kit which I really liked, but have run out of most everything. I was about to buy the large sizes and then darn you guys --- I read this HUGE post with regards to KH and decided to give it a try - I blame all of you for this Very Happy
Anyways in all seriousness, the one product I really enjoyed of Skin Biology was the Protect and Restore Day Care - as it uses Titanium Dioxide. I live in Florida and do spend a considerable amt of time outdoors, and find that on my face this stuff is great. I'm worried about the ingredients in the P&R day care interacting negatively with the VitaK1 - below are the ingredients of the P&R ---- can anyone tell if this would be okay on top of the VitaK1? I've never been really good understanding what ingredients in skin care can contraindicate another:
Purified water, copper peptides (hydrolyzed soy protein and copper chloride), ethylhexyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, squalane, PPG-2 myristyl ether propionate, cetyl alcohol, titanium dioxide, stearic acid, propylene glycol (and) diazolidinyl urea (and) methylparaben (and) propylparaben, allantoin, cupric chloride, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, tocophersolan (Vitamin E), fragrance, mixed (alpha, beta, gamma, delta) tocopherols, mixed (alpha, beta, gamma, delta) tocotrienols, ubiquinone (CoQ-10).

Also has anyone used the KH Total Day Protection - I'm trying to locate the ingredients and all it says is that it has an SPF10

Here is a chart that I thought was kind of nice (hopefully it hasn't been posted already)

http://www.beautysecretsbahamas.com/khregime.html
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
4luvofk9s wrote:
Hi all,
I don't post often but sure read often. I have just received my KH products VitaK1, cleansing gel, eye cream, and scrub (bought a kit). I have only used the products for two nights and this am. They are somewhat drying to me. 1st question: - instead of purchasing the Skin Oil - do you think using LB Processors EMU Oil and/or Jojoba or Almond Oil will work just as good since I already have them? Also I was using the Skin Biology small trial kit which I really liked, but have run out of most everything. I was about to buy the large sizes and then darn you guys --- I read this HUGE post with regards to KH and decided to give it a try - I blame all of you for this Very Happy
Anyways in all seriousness, the one product I really enjoyed of Skin Biology was the Protect and Restore Day Care - as it uses Titanium Dioxide. I live in Florida and do spend a considerable amt of time outdoors, and find that on my face this stuff is great. I'm worried about the ingredients in the P&R day care interacting negatively with the VitaK1 - below are the ingredients of the P&R ---- can anyone tell if this would be okay on top of the VitaK1? I've never been really good understanding what ingredients in skin care can contraindicate another:
Purified water, copper peptides (hydrolyzed soy protein and copper chloride), ethylhexyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, squalane, PPG-2 myristyl ether propionate, cetyl alcohol, titanium dioxide, stearic acid, propylene glycol (and) diazolidinyl urea (and) methylparaben (and) propylparaben, allantoin, cupric chloride, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, tocophersolan (Vitamin E), fragrance, mixed (alpha, beta, gamma, delta) tocopherols, mixed (alpha, beta, gamma, delta) tocotrienols, ubiquinone (CoQ-10).

Also has anyone used the KH Total Day Protection - I'm trying to locate the ingredients and all it says is that it has an SPF10

Here is a chart that I thought was kind of nice (hopefully it hasn't been posted already)

http://www.beautysecretsbahamas.com/khregime.htm
l

Hi! Welcome to our world here. LOL. As you know, dryness can be common for the first 6-8 weeks as your skin becomes accustomed to the oxy. I don't know why you couldn't try the oils, almond or jojoba first and see how you do. Give it a try for a few days and see how it goes. I did have the oil but in those first weeks i used a moisturizer on top of the VKombi applying it approximately 10 minutes after the kombi. I can't answer about the SkinBio products as I never really used them. I'll let the CP girls answer that. LEt us know you're doing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
4luvofk9s wrote:

Hello 4luvofk9s- I purchased the total day protection with my initial order as I was concerned about the possibility of dryness and wanted an spf.

here is the ingredient list:
Aqua Paraffinum Liquidum Sesamum indicum Stearyl Alcohol Polysorbatum 20 Titanium dioxide Sunscreen CAS nr 5466-77-3 Tocopheryl acetate Parfum Methylparaben Propylparaben

I really like it, am using it alone during the day at this time. It feels sticky when you first apply it, but after a couple of minutes my skin just feels so soft. If I were going to be out in the sun for any length of time i would have to be careful about applying a good sunscreen as I am one of those fair-skinned lasses who burns easily. Eventually when I start using the vita-a khombie am and pm I will continue to put this one on top.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I've been reading this thread with great interest for a few weeks now, and am preparing to take the plunge. I have emailed the KH site to request product advice for my skin type but, at the suggestion further up on this page directed to another member, I thought I'd share my specific skin concerns in the hopes that some of the EDS KH experts might offer their advice.

I am 44. I have had to contend with hyperpigmentation which I was able to reverse first with tri-luma then with a kojic acid/licorice blend - and now control only by staying out of the sun! - but I recently noticed a few 'age spots' appearing in new places (cheeks). Luckily, wrinkles are so far not a major problem for me, though I am noticing the beginning of nasolabial lines. Undereyes can be puffy, and are starting to suffer from that 'hollow' look. My skin is combination (oily t-zone, dry chin) and I still get the odd and occasionally nasty breakout around the chin area (and certain products can be real triggers). So, while there is nothing disastrous going on, I sure would love to experience some of the great glowing-skin results that I've read about on this thread.

I should also add that I've been a retin-a user for years, and it is my recent concerns about its long-term effects on my skin that has led me to my interest in this line.

Product advice for ageing skin that still breaks out with extra help needed for the eye area is therefore VERY gratefully received.

Many thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Yes and they spoke with such authority. LOL.

I was just at MUA (for the first time ever!! Shock ) reading the KH reviews. What I noticed was that most of the reviews are 2-3 years old. That seemed somewhat strange (comparing to the level of activity and number of posts we get at this board). Or, am I missing something? Confused ?

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Beauty Brains - I can't even believe anyone reads that. NO test of time studies, nothing quantitative. One time with the clarisonic and they do an "expert" report.... - shoot, I"d be embarassed to be a part of such a low-rent operation. I used revitalash too and don't tell me it doesn't work. I'm all about the evidence Darling!!!!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
LOL, BeautyBrains compared the Clarisonic to using St. Ives Apricot Scrub! Rolling Eyes Plus, it looked from what was written that the person who wrote the review used the brush once...

Regarding info, always remember to consider the source Laughing

BeautyBrains - I can't even believe anyone reads that.I saw it once and found it absurdly useless.
NO test of time studies, nothing quantitative. One time with the clarisonic and they do an "expert" report.... - shoot, I"d be embarassed to be a part of such a low-rent operation. I used revitalash too and don't tell me it doesn't work. I'm all about the evidence!!!!
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I used almost the entire KH line a couple of years ago. My priority then was to clear my pimples. So when I started to experience some unusual breakouts(which I thought was allergy reaction), I decided to go back to Retin-A. I have re-ordered some products and hope this time it is different after the so-called purging.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
graceless_lady wrote:
Hi everyone. I've been reading this thread with great interest for a few weeks now, and am preparing to take the plunge. I have emailed the KH site to request product advice for my skin type but, at the suggestion further up on this page directed to another member, I thought I'd share my specific skin concerns in the hopes that some of the EDS KH experts might offer their advice.

I am 44. I have had to contend with hyperpigmentation which I was able to reverse first with tri-luma then with a kojic acid/licorice blend - and now control only by staying out of the sun! - but I recently noticed a few 'age spots' appearing in new places (cheeks). Luckily, wrinkles are so far not a major problem for me, though I am noticing the beginning of nasolabial lines. Undereyes can be puffy, and are starting to suffer from that 'hollow' look. My skin is combination (oily t-zone, dry chin) and I still get the odd and occasionally nasty breakout around the chin area (and certain products can be real triggers). So, while there is nothing disastrous going on, I sure would love to experience some of the great glowing-skin results that I've read about on this thread.

I should also add that I've been a retin-a user for years, and it is my recent concerns about its long-term effects on my skin that has led me to my interest in this line.

Product advice for ageing skin that still breaks out with extra help needed for the eye area is therefore VERY gratefully received.

Many thanks!

Hi Gracelesslady,
I've some suggestions but probably you'd be best emailing JoElla. I'm not sure which cleanser to recommend for you as most of us use the pro cleanser and love it and we are all skin types. I think Scally had to cut back and use the cleansing milk more often than the pro. I'd definitely ask JoElla which of the cleansers she thinks would work best for you. In your case, I think you might want to start with the Vita K 1. If you choose to go KH with us, make your first order small and ask for samples while you decide if this works for you. JoElla offers free shipping and a percentage off for orders over 50.00. I've only used the eye product for less than a week so I'm not one to make any recs yet and I don't have bags. I wish you luck and hope you will let us know how it goes for you, good and bad.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
lovelyjane wrote:
I used almost the entire KH line a couple of years ago. My priority then was to clear my pimples. So when I started to experience some unusual breakouts(which I thought was allergy reaction), I decided to go back to Retin-A. I have re-ordered some products and hope this time it is different after the so-called purging.

Which products did you use lovelyjane?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I used the cleansing cream, mild scrub, oxygen face cream, Mask 2%, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vita-A-Kombi Fruit Acid, and the Body cream in 3%.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
lovelyjane wrote:
I used the cleansing cream, mild scrub, oxygen face cream, Mask 2%, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vita-A-Kombi Fruit Acid, and the Body cream in 3%.

Did you talk to someone this time to get the appropriate products for your skin?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I read some of JoElla's instructions on how to apply the products and they lead me to believe that I might have over applied before. I will use the KH line exclusively at the night time instead of the 2X regimen as before to avoid possible allergy reaction.
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, BluesHeart, for the sound advice - which unfortunately I read after I had already succumbed in a moment of weakness yesterday (I always say I won't, and I almost always do).

I live in the UK and had a substantial gift certificate with beautyflash, which sell the KH line - and, after reading this thread and checking out the KH UK site, I decided to start with the Pro Cleansing, Vita A Kombi 1 and the Essential Mask. Unfortunately, beautyflash don't offer samples. So I think I might see if I can buy some from eBay or through the KH UK site as there are a few other products I had my eye on.

I expect my products to arrive tomorrow, so I'll report back as I begin (and throughout) my next skin odyssey!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
graceless,
That sounds like a good start. Can't wait to hear what you think.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |